• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hyperion Overload

>>If that is what you want to call it.<< Suddenly, an identical copy of Kaori was sitting on her desk, a completely serious expression on her face. >>Of course, I prefer thinking we are one and the same.<< The copy waved, before disappearing in a swirl of electricity. >>Probably because that's the closest thing to the truth I can come up with. I have a tiny piece of the souls of each of my previous masters, that I used to duplicate them, as well. When you die, I'll hold a piece of you for my next master.<<

After bonding to her crystal, Elodie felt dazed as the lesson progressed. The crystal was... alive. She knew that, and knew she was with it now. Bonding with it had been crazy, it was as if all time had stopped before crashing back again. She at length decided to speak out to it. "Hello... Crystal?" She thought, hoping she wasn't absolutely crazy.

Kaori is startled by the copy of her sitting on her desk and flinches some. Once it disappears, she looks around the classroom, wondering if anyone else saw it. She telepathically says to the crystal, "What was that sitting on my desk just now?! It looked just like me!"

>>Hello, Master Elodie.<< The Time Gem's voice was eerily emotionless, and slightly scary. >>How may I be of service? My capabilities extend to changing the flow of time, and small skips forward or backward in time. However, I am sadly quite limited in my scope. I am . . . broken. Some idiot saw fit to drop me and not retrieve all the pieces.<<

>>That was me,<< The Electricity Gem said bluntly. >>I can take on the appearance of any of my masters, but most prefer me to look exactly as they do. As I am told, it removes the reminder of their own mortality.<<

Elodie jumped slightly when she heard the Time Gem's voice, and for a moment considered it may be evil, but reassured herself quickly. "I'm sorry that that happened to you..." She thought. "Can I fix you? Pick up the left pieces? I'm sure that must bother you, being broken and all."

Phoenix Entered the room DR. Grace was with a sandwich. "what's up doc?" he asked in a friendly tone. "sorry i am late, had to get a bite to eat." he said as he took a bite.

Kaori says to the crystal telepathically, "I see...i guess that could be a useful ability. What other abilities do you have?" She looks at the clock on the wall. "I might as well ask you questions until the end of class..."

>>Unless you are somehow capable of making your way onto the flagship of the Faulnis Naval Fleet and finding shards that are only about a fiftieth of a carat each, I doubt I will ever be repaired. I apologize, but I am probably the single most useless of the Kyrre Crystals.<< The Gem's voice was still entirely emotionless. >>Were I capable, I would show you the intense joys of traveling into the planet's prehistory- which is very interesting- but I am only about half the size I should be. If you ever meet a Faulnis strategist named Corru, please give him a hard slap for me. That is how you may get me to "feel better", as you put it.<<

"Dr. Grace" frowned. "Yes. Sit," he said irritably, continuing with his algebra lesson, explaining the importance of expressions.

>>My abilities extend to manipulation, theft, and generation of electrical energy, in addition to the duplication and minor telepathic abilities shared by all Kyrre Crystals,<< the Electricity Gem touted proudly. >>I have only become much more useful as human history has progressed.<<

Elodie suppressed a very slight snicker at this crystal's monotone voice. "Okay then." She thought. "Yeah, Ill be honest I wouldve absolutely loved prehistory, but little skips around will have to do. And I promise that this Corru you speak of will be given one heck of a slap if I meet him. One more thing- I doubt you're that completely useless, everyone has a purpose."

"With abilities like that, am i gonna have to use you to fight monsters that are trying to destroy the world??" Kaori asks the crystal curiously. "And where did you come from?"

>>Please do not laugh. All my pieces that retained my ability to express emotion are gone. You are simply poking fun at me for something I am incapable of.<< The Time Gem made its voice fluctuate in volume, obviously trying to sound sad, but failing miserably. >>Thank you for accepting me, however, Master Elodie.<<

>>I suppose,<< the Electricity Gem says, mentally shrugging, >>I personally do not really care. As long as I can use my electricity again, it doesn't matter to me if you fight crime or become a psychopathic warlord. Just use my power, Master Kaori, and I'll be happy.<<

(Yes. Dr. Grace instructed him to sit down.)

(oh, my bad.) Phoenix sat down on an empty seat while finishing he sandwich. he looked at the teacher, waiting for DR. Grace to finish her lesson.

"I'm sorry!" Elodie's thought-voice squeaked. "I did not want to upset you. I won't do it again." She said earnestly. "It didn't seem like I chose you at all though- rather that you chose me, like you whispered to me. Did you choose me?" Elodie asked.

Kaori says to the crystal telepathically in a cheerful tone, "Well, I'd rather use you to fight crime, because that's what a magical girl does! But...where did you come from?"

(HIS. Dr. Evan Grace is male.)

>>It is alright. I do not seriously mind all that much. Truth be told, I cannot mind all that much. Even if I did, I have had downright abusive masters in the past- I doubt you would believe how painful it is to be carved to fit an earring. As such, I doubt you would or could hurt me much.<< All the while, the Time Gem's tone never fluctuates from its robotic monotone. >>Technically, all I did was reach out and ask if anyone could hear me. While I could have fought you, there would have been no point. Your will would overpower mine in this state.<<

>>My origins lie back in Earth's prehistory, a story far too long and boring to explain. In any case, one of my human masters lost me when the Realm of Demons was sealed away in your Dark Ages. I have had many masters in that time, who have held onto me in disgusting ways- I was once mounted to a piercing in a location I'd rather not discuss.<< The Electricity Gem shuddered. >>Never again. In any case, Master Kaori, "magical girl", I would gladly serve you in your efforts to do . . . whatever it is you wish to do. It is so nice to have a human master again. One can only serve so many trolls before thoroughly hating their sense of smell forever.<<

Jason finally took out his crystal and laid it in his open palm. Okay. He took in a breath, and said,"Tell me what you are. And I mean how you are different from all the other crystals."

>>Well, for one thing, I'm far more well-mannered, Master Jason,<< the Darkness Gem said sarcastically. >>Secondly, my powers lie in Darkness- from being able to allow my master to merge with and travel along shadows, to sucking all the light away from something, to the ever-useful skill of Solid Shadow- hard to pull off, Master, but you should manage. If not, well, you suck. Too bad, so sad. In any case, Solid Shadow permits you to make illusory constructs of things and control them like puppets. While they are dispelled by bright light or a harsh tap, they are useful as barriers, puppets, and even a method of slowing one's fall.<<

"Great. Had to get the sarcastic one." Jason mutters, but not being completely able to hide his contentedness with the element he got. If it was an element, that is. The others like him also seemed to be talking, or staring intently at their crystals. All of them were rather different, but of course, Jason thought his was the best.

>>Why yes. Yes you did.<< The Darkness Gem replied dryly. >>I'm tapped into your thoughts, you know. You can't have so much as a second's fantasy without me knowing about it, Master Jason.<< Jason could practically see the smirk the Darkness Gem would be giving him if it had a body. >>I've learned fascinating things about human anatomy from previous masters. I always seem to get the lowlifes and perverts, but they make for rather interesting adventures, I must say. Oh, and thank you for believing I'm so awesome.<<

Good God. Jason thought. His ears flushed red, and he tried to clear his mind. Of course, he failed, and he thought of the stuff that he would make anyone blush. He decided to change tracks, and said out loud. " 'Dr. Grace', class is about to end. Should we stay behind?"

"Well don't worry, I'll treat you better than your previous masters!" Kaori looks at the clock once more. "Class is over...soon I'll find out more about you."

Calen pulled the icy blue crystal out of his pocket and set it on his desk. He whispered to it, "How did you call out to me? Why did I get a chill when I put you on my forehead? What kind of crystal are you?" Calen didn't get any response, so instead he tried asking in his thoughts. He repeated the questions in hope for an answer.

>>Heh. You're nasty, Master Jason. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone your secrets.<< The Darkness Gem sounded mirthful. >>Mostly because I can't, but hey..<<

>>We will continue our conversation later,<< the Electricity Gem said quietly.

>>I am the Ice Penguin Gem,<< the Ice Penguin Gem said. >>I'm a Kyrre Crystal, which means I provide you with abilities in trade for you helping me move around and learn things. Hopefully, you'll prove to be a good master, Master Calen.<<

The false Dr. Grace shrugged. "There has been no indication class has technically ended yet, but yes, I recommend you should stay."

(We're waiting on Accelerate.)

Unlike the others Fumi was quiet when she took the Kyrre crystal from Dr. Grace's pocket. Suddenly she felt heavy. Like as if her own gravity was increased. She bite her lip as she felt the power radiated. She went back to her seat and chewed on her nail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back