• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hyperion Overload

Draconus297

The Dragon Lord
Earth is in danger. What else is new? This threat comes from what amounts to an armada of magically-infused demon warriors known as the Faulnis, led by a mysterious, shadowy figure no one has met yet. Again, all things we've heard before. They have the power of the Kyrre Crystals on their side, which means that they are nearly entirely invincible.

Well, crap.

Luckily, a defector from the Faulnis stole multiple Kyrre Crystals, and is ready to fight back. The problem? One person can only use one crystal, and even then he can't use them at all! So, using some of his magic, he's decided to make himself seem like a human, and highjacked a high school class for recruiting purposes, seeing as teenage humans have the highest aptitude for Kyrre Crystal use.

Tyradin gasped as he closed the door behind him, looking back to see if he had been followed.

"They don't know I'm here. Thank the stars."

He checked his bounty of Kyrre Crystals. "One, two . . . five . . . Looks like I have enough to raise an elite group. "

"Excuse me, just what do you think you are doing?" a human asked.

"Saving everyone," Tyradin said bluntly, still gasping for breath.

"Look, you big . . . lizard . . . spider person, but this school has rules! You are not to run in our hallways!" The human said, indignant.

"School, you say?" Tyradin questioned. "And I suppose that you are an instructor, Sir . . ."

"Doctor," the human corrected. "Dr. Evan Grace."

"Good to know," Tyradin said, knocking Dr. Grace out with a leg, then shapeshifting to match his form. "I hope you don't mind my borrowing your identity for a while, Dr. Grace."

---------

The class trickled in, one by one, to their first day of the new school year.

"Hello, everyone," a mild, brown-eyed man smiled from behind his desk, "I am Dr. Grace. It will be my purpose to teach the lot of you algebra."

Fumi was sleeping in class. She had a rough night and was very slow. She was the Class President of last year. She was the weirdest class president the school ever had. She didn't snore but she was drooling on the table.

Kaori stops at the doorway of the classroom, and gasps for breath. She had ran all the way from her house to the school.

She says in between breaths, "Yes.....I....made it...in time..." She walks over to a desk that's right by the window, flops down in the chair, then lays her head down on her desk.

"I shouldn't have stayed up all night watching Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon...", she thought to herself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sitting in the middle of the classroom in last years MVP for Junior Varsity and even though this year he's been put on the Varsity Football Team. When thw teacher spoke he was puzzled for a moment because he said Algebra not AP Algebra. "Is this the AP Algebra course?" he asked immediately.

"Dr. Grace" smiled. "Of course, of course, it's app," he said dismissively. Open on the desk are the teacher's own files on himself, including credits in algebra.

He tested his jaw, rotating it before heading right for the desks Kaori and Fumi occupied. "Wake, students, as class shall begin momentarily."

Jayce Quietly scrutinizes the teacher.Hmph. He stretched his arms, and did a silent yawn. Something seemed off about Grace. Oh well, he thought silently, from the desk in the left column , middle row.

Kaori immediately sits up as soon as she hears Dr. Grace's voice.

"Ah, r-right! Of course!", she stammers. She then pulls her notebook out of her bag, which is decorated with stickers of anime characters.

Joan wasn't even in the class. Rather, she was out at the back of the school. The girl was known for being... well, not the most upstanding of citizens. She was the thug of the school, and had gotten in trouble a number of times, and had gotten away scot-free even more than that. The teenager, despite all the punishment, continued to do whatever she wanted, and as a result, many of the faculty had simply given up on punishing her. So, that all being said, she was in the back smoking, and it was highly likely that there would be no consequences. Joan wasn't planning on it, either.

She would definitely go to class, of course. She would just wait until she was good and ready, which was not necessarily always when she finished smoking. Though, that was Joan's plan today. There was nothing that really needed to be taken care of immediately.

"Dr. Grace" sighed. "I suppose I must begin with taking roll." He quickly glanced down at the roll sheet and then back up at the class. "An absence on the first day, I see. This 'Joan' must not take class seriously."

He blinked, his eyes roaming over each student in turn. >>Gah. I need to find someone with aptitude for the Crystals. Adolescent humans were supposed to have the highest possible percentage among their species for starting to learn. I must see if they can even recognize a Kyrre Crystal for what it is . . . <<

He placed one of the Kyrre Crystals he stole on the desk- specifically, the Lightning Gem. You his dismay, the Firebat was missing, but he supposed one dropped Crystal wouldn't mean too much.

Kaori daydreamed as Dr. Grace took attendance. "It would be awesome if I was a magical girl... What would my costume look like? What would be my name? What powers would I have?" She opens her notebook and starts drawing in it.

Jayce studies the peculiar looking gem. Had he ever seen that before? Why does everything seem so disconnected today? He thought, not paying any attention to the role call.

Kaori stops drawing and waits for her name to be called. She then notices the Kyrre crystal on the teacher's desk. "What's that pretty gem on Dr. Grace's desk?", she thought to herself.

Lucas looked at the stone, he couldn't help himself though it just seemed so abnormal yet real. He got out of his seat a was about to touch it before he felt a strange pressure and jerk his hand back. "It's giving off some weird energy." he whispered going back to his seat perlexed by what just happened. Could that be something like an energy crystal, he thought to himself.

Elodie sat in her desk, slightly slumped forward with her head resting in her hands, giving off an unconcerned aura when her new teacher introduced himself. That is, however, until he withdrew a gem and set it on his desk. She had just barely glanced its way, but in doing so she was mesmerized and couldn't take her eyes off of it. She stared at it, and it started making sounds like it was trying to speak to her. Elodie shot up straight in her chair and said "What the heck is that thing?"

Jaycr saw the others. Many of them were as mesmerised as he was with this crystal. So I'm not the only one. His thought train went of the railroad when the girl next to him said "What the heck is that thing?"

He looked over to her and said inconspicuously , "Psst, are you seeing what I'm seeing? That thing looks strange...."

Joan finished smoking early, surprisingly. At least, surprisingly to her. Normally it would be a good extra five minutes. She shrugged it off and dropped the butt, crushing it beneath her feet. Now it was time to get to class. One would expect her to take her sweet time, but walking at a quick pace wherever you go comes with being a busy individual.

When she arrived at her class a few minutes later, a look of dread was very plain on quite a few faces. Joan didn't mind them, though. Instead, she focused on the gem that was on the teacher's desk. She picked it up and examined it; the stone didn't want to be in her hands, so to speak. It felt like it was trying to pry her fingers open, but she kept an iron grip on the object.

The Electricity Gem fought Joan's grip with all its force, before simply electrocuting her.

>>No. Not you. Never you. Not my master!<< Joan heard in her head as she received multiple taser-strength electric shocks.

"Dr. Grace" watched in interest, having abandoned pretense of setting up an algebra class.

Meanwhile, another Kyrre Crystal began actively trying to fight its way out of his pocket. >>I'll take her! Give me! Mine!<<

Of course, Joan wasn't physically able to let go of the gem; it was electrocuting her, after all, and so the muscles in her hands contracted involuntarily and stayed there. The girl, through her intense pain, managed to smash her hand against the desk to free the gem from her grip, breaking her pinky in the process.

But here was a tough girl; not a peep was heard from her, even as she collapsed. There was no loss of consciousness, either. Joan managed to pick herself up, too, though her body was still being racked with pain. So she could barely stand, and had to use the teacher's desk to hold herself up. The pain in her hand was especially killing her.

More than any of that pain, though, the voice she had heard was very distressing. Was she going crazy? Or was it the crystal gem whatever thing?

The false Dr. Grace walked over to Joan, a concerned look on his face. "Are you okay?" he asked quietly, before shaking his head and making a small tsk noise. "Speak with me after class. I have a feeling you might want an explanation."

From her closer vantage point, Joan could see a small lump in "Dr. Grace"'s jacket pocket, struggling wildly to get free. In her head, she could even hear a small, childlike voice.

>>Master! I want this master! Let me go! Let me go!<<

Joan completely ignored this teacher, tuning out his voice to focus on her thoughts and pain. But it wasn't long at all until her thoughts were invaded by yet another voice, and this time it was incredibly annoying. It was alluring nonetheless, because oddly enough, it seemed to come from a moving lump in the "teacher's" jacket pocket.

Immediately, and without hesitation, Joan reached in and grabbed the Crystal gem whatever thing that was inside. To her, it had so much more pull than that other gem, for some reason.

"Dr. Grace" gasped in shock, and the small crystal glittered in Joan's palm.

>>Hello, Master!<< a cheerful voice chirped. >>I'm the Gorilla Gem, and I think I should bond to you. Touch me to your head, please!<<

What is happening. Joan came in late as always, but now she's acting all weird. I immediately got sat up straight when she bashed her hand against the desk. And then she suddenly reaches for Dr. Grace... I glance to my left and right, and mostly everyone seems to be looking just like me at the spectacle unfolding in front of us-Aghast. I speak up, "Is that a voice?"

Kaori sits there, completely perplexed by what's happening. What just happened?! Are those some kind of magical objects or something?! I want to check out the one that girl had before! Kaori then gets out of her seat, goes up to the electric crystal, and picks it up. She then starts examining it.

"Yes," the false Dr. Grace said simply, "that is indeed a voice. Anyone who heard it, I suggest you stay after class. There is something I need to discuss with you."

>>Master!<< the Electricity Gem cried out from its place in Kaori's hand. >>Bind this servant to thine service! Touch me to thy forehead, Master!<<

Users who are viewing this thread

Back