• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hymn of the Shroud Character Sheets

Kayso

Insubordinate and Churlish
Last edited:
Name: Thrynn.

Genre: Male.

Race: Half Elf.

Class: Water mage.

Appearance: Face: Yasir youngster (the picture is not mine and is the propetry of the owner of the dA account)
Armor: Fur armor from The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim.
https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.ne...006f393.png/revision/latest?cb=20121010224131
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net...010594b.png/revision/latest?cb=20121010224132

Bio: If there is one thing Thrynn is certain about his parents, it's that one of thel was a human, the other was an elf. If you ask him which one was human and which one was an elf, he would be unable to answer you. The boy knows nothing about them, and grew up in his adoptive family, fishermen from the land of Halvøst.
Thrynn didn't have a sad childhood. In contrary, his family was caring and loving and the boy did everything he could to help his parents the best he could. He destined himself to become a fisherman just like his parents, but given his half elf part, he considered to develop his abilities, learning water magic. After all, this could be an strong advantage, for when he'll be on the ships. His parents used economies they gathered so their young son could be able to learn such things. When he was 16 years old, Thrynn left his home to study under the wing of an old water mage, going by the name of Elren. Thrynn showed a keen interest in the study of water magic and started developping abilities quite quickly. However, his studies came to an end as he learned by a letter his mother send that his father was the unfortunate victim of the recent attack that occured in the kingdom. And unlike others, his father hasn't survived. Thrynn's rage and anger grew big and the half elf swore to avenge his fallen parent, and left his teacher to discover the responsible of those attacks.

(Here! If something has to change, just tell me :) )

lapufmN.jpg
Name: Ake Gunhildsdotter

Race: Human or Gjenganger, even she doesn't know which

Class: Supernatural Housewife

Bio: Ake Gunhildsdotter had a good life before the ghost killed her.

Born in a small timber holding a week outside Valkys, she grew up a happy child who thrived in the village of Troms despite the brutal, physically exhausting life. Ake rose, tall, proud and beautiful as she became a woman. Despite her father being nothing more than one of the woodcutters supplying timber for Valkys, Ake's inner joy and outer loveliness drew the admiration of most and in time she came to be courted by half a dozen men. She chose the poorest, Bjorn, for his heart was true and his will was strong. They were married and together they built a life to be envied.

In time, Ake gave her husband three daughters. The family built a cottage in the thicker forest outside of the village, closer to the trees Bjorn felled, and Arne tended to the house, the family garden and the raising of their three children. The woods were wild with the people so thinly spread yet Ake led a charmed life and feared no danger. Nothing could harm the love she had for her husband and children.

Then the Gjenganger came. Troms occasionally had trouble with Draugr, mostly woodcutters who perished in accidents or warriors seeking the deepest hearts of the forest only to die in the attempt. Such stealthy ghosts worked in secret and subtly, feeding on dreams and tormenting a house for weeks before finally taking life if not found and destroyed. Not the Gjenganger. That fateful night, Ake woke to the smell of old blood and she saw the dessicated corpse of it just as its hands locked around her throat.

They grappled alone that night, wrapped in the utter blackness of a moonless night, for Bjorn had taken his three daughters into Troms to see his parents until tomorrow. Ake had the strength of a lifetime of hale, hearty existence in the wild woods yet the Gjenganger's power was impossible, irresistible. And as she weakened, it gained. New vigor gave it health, its skin filled out, its hair grew back in until it wasn't a corpse but Ake herself, the horrifying wraith looking out of familiar eyes.

Only then did Ake rally, for it was plain the Gjenganger meant to steal her form as well as her breath so it could take Bjorn and their children by surprise the next day. A daughter's strength might falter, a wife's strength waned but a mother's strength waxed in the defense of her children. Ake and the Gjenganger-Ake, life and death, strove for supremacy and such were their struggles that the cottage was shattered before their battle scattered embers from the fireplace and put fire to the whole building. As the flames rose up around them, one of them prevailed at last and took up Bjorn's sword, slaying the other and leaving the body to burn with the cottage. The survivor escaped into the moonless night, shrouded in thick blac and the ruined remains of a happy life.

That was months ago. Ake assumes the village of Troms believes she perished in the fire that consumed her home. And for the sake of her family, it's best they mourn and move on without her.

For Ake herself doesn't know if it was the woman or the Gjenganger that survived the fire. She remembers her family but also remembers the forest, its ghosts and spirits and monsters. Ake still draws breath during the day but the night brings renewed strength and the rich scent of humans to hunt. She's spent months now in the forest, untroubled by the supernatural evil that lairs there, evil which she might also be. Only recently did she come upon a town and hear the news. Neighbor turned against neighbor, family against friend. Was it related to what happened to her? Could the curse that'd befallen her be echoed across the land? Might one answer so answer the other? And so the former housewife sets out to find the truth of the attacks, put an end to them and learn the truth of what she's become.

(Okay! I'm done! Tell me if this is good or not! Let me know if I have to change anything. Kayso Kayso )

3341b88356d72d42ed9e02496cf297df--face-shapes-character-inspiration.jpg
Name: Rahulik Lukk

Quote: "My entire life can be summed up to one sentence: Well that didn't go as planned!"

Race: Human raised by Huldre

Class: Druid and Merchant apprentice

Appearance:
*Without the weapons!*
Casual:

40a01a838c5dada5502f4c63d7845909.jpg 0747da43ab5070c0570669c85bf8e1c8.jpg

Fancy:

proxy.jpg

Fall/Winter:

53f1df1fc8661efd2a5952aa70845a35.jpg ddf409df592722c8833b0e7864cc9d45.jpg

Spring/Summer:

f0fe302e30bad77741dbf0725704b4e4.jpg

Bio:

1.jpg]

In the deep winter forests of Midfell, a tiny figure yelled in the quiet night along with the owls whom hooted. Crisp and hasty crunches under her tiny boot covered feet echoed as she ran as quickly as she could before falling down. Then she cried and cried, tired and hungry and cold.

It's been hours since she last saw her mother who left her at the base of a tree's trunk and waited for her until she came back; but she didn't come back. So the little girl went looking for her instead, searching, hoping to find her mother whom she love very dearly. Now...now she has given up and just wants to sleep. . .

"Poor thing. . ."

The little girl's azure blue eyes peered through her blonde lashes to see a tall woman with antlers on her head and spring flowers on her temples, pale wheat yellow hair tucked behind her pointed elongated ears and cascaded over her shoulders. Delicate hands are on what she guessed was her knees as she crouched down to gather up the freezing little girl in her arms.

As the woman wrapped the little girl with her furred cloak, not bothered by the cold winter weather, she cooed softly in her blue tinged ears. The little girl snuggled into her warmth, sighing in relief and smiled a bit.

"There . . . nice and warm, yes?" Said the woman with a quiet tone, almost motherly and the little girl nodded. And so the woman walked while cradling the little girl, asking her questions to keep her awake until she gets to her destination.

"My name is Eir. What is your name, child?"

The little girl looked up and stared at the unusually bright red eyes that glittered like the stars above them.

"R-Rahulik . . ."

" 'Serene', what a beautiful name for a lovely child of man." Rahulik blinked blearily, not understanding why this lady is talking like that but right now...she was tired and wanted to sleep.

"You cannot sleep yet, my child. Wait until we get you home with a comfy bed and a warm plate of food for you, okay Rahulik?"

The little girl nodded sleepily, not noticing the bloodied mess Eir passed through as she pulled the hooded part of the cloak and covered her tiny golden blonde head.

This child must not see this disaster. Eir came across this human woman as she bled heavily from an animal's attack, begging her to care for her child until she agreed. Then she passed on and her ice cold body will serve to help fertilize the earth.

Eir was lucky to find the child before she saw her dead mother, for she would have been scarred from the sight alone.
d1311ad76fe5df7af165ecb9cd7461dc.jpg
It is spring time in the deep forests of Midfell, wildflowers bloomed with fruits ready to be ripe and juicy to eat, and the sun felt warm and inviting to all the living beings in the forests to come out.

In the middle of a small field with long grass is a girl by the age of nine, standing tall as her short stature can show while she waited for something. Her bright azure blue eyes stared determinedly at the blue skies above her. Golden as the sun and soft as silk, her hair reached down to her mid back and billowed from the light breeze. Wildflowers are tucked behind her round ears and a small antler crown kept her hair from getting into her face. Her teal green tunic reached down to her knees, dark brown and puffy pants kept her warm and were tucked into her leather boots that has a fox fur trim at the top, wrapped with string.

She waited for almost an hour and her hope was about to diminish when she spotted two familiar and welcoming figures flying to her way. She smiled widely when she noticed the item in their talons; a woven red and yellow bracelet made with cotton fibers. She cackled in glee, jumping in place for a moment before turning around and pointed at the two ravens that are coming as she chirped.

"Look! Look Eir! They found it! Thought and Memory found it!"

The tall huldre chuckled, amused as her charge spun around before rolling on the long grass, waving her arms to signal her bird friends. "Yes, they did. Rahulik, you should stand up before they get here. They need somewhere to land, remember?"

"Oh! Right. Heheh . . ." The little blonde girl said bashfully, pushing herself up to stand again. Then she cupped her hands around her mouth, creating sharp bird sounds with a big smile. Eir sighed warmly, proud of her child.

Four years passed and Eir taught Rahulik all that she knew about the earth and it's wonders. She even taught her how to talk with the animals, but it seems she had a bit of trouble with her limited speech with the animals. Rahulik said something about how bird speech was easier to remember because it has a rhythm to it and she can follow the beautiful sounds the birds made that twine together with the rhythm. She even made friends with two sibling ravens who are named 'Thought' and 'Memory' as they taught her new words to try out.

Rather odd names for birds but who is Eir to judge.

Rahulik raised her arm out and in front, letting her bird friends to land and rest their wings while Eir takes the bracelet and puts it back on her wrist where it belongs. Then she patted her head gently with a proud smile as the blonde girl looked up, expectation and excitement shown brightly in her eyes. Eir chuckled again, already knowing what she is about to ask.

"Soooo~ . . .Can I learn magic now? I can talk with birds fluently and you promised if I can talk with one type of animal you'll teach me."

"Yes, I remember. From now until you can live on your own, I will teach you about magic." Rahulik raised her arms up, forgetting about her friends who were resting and flung them to the side as she cheered and cried out in joy.

"YES! Finally! When can we start- Ow! Hey! Ow! OW!" Rahulik ran off to the fields with the ravens chasing her, they were crowing with disgruntlement and she responded back with an apology before getting pecked on the head again.

Eir shook her head in amusement. Her child is so silly. She needed to learn about common courtesy, it seems.

"I said I was sorry! . . . Don't call me an idiot! Take that back, Thought! . . . AHH! This is why I like Memory better. She's nicer than you! OW!"
7ea550c87b0b549a31d66fca030423be.jpg
"Welcome! Welcome! Come! Take a look and see! We have items from across the lands! Come! Come!"

It was a busy day in the open air market place. The sellers were selling and buyers are buying the items they need or want; some even ask for something else that they never thought about until they saw it. Music danced around in their ears as rough looking musicians and pretty dancers lifted the people's spirits. Including one blonde lady who spun around with flair, an arm out with a welcoming hand towards her costumers that looked on with curiosity. Her long golden hair billowed around dramatically, she smiled with charm, and her azure blue eyes glittered under the fall's sun which attracted more male clients.

"Come on! Come see! Everyone is free to come in this shop of wonders! Need potions from a druid or a witch? Well we might have something that you need! Need enchanted swords or spears? We definitely have it here!" Rahulik chirped out. "Come and see!"

Ever since she turned sixteen, Rahulik left the safety of her forest home and her mother Eir, ready to face the world . . . or so she thought. Many nights left in the cold and many days where she avoided people in the cities and towns. Eir had mentioned how humans can behave; all aggressive and wary of anything magical, which isn't good for her. Within months, Rahulik toughed through the wilderness with little issue, already knowing how to survive and camp with a fire. Her bag, which carried her clothes, is served as a nest for Thought and Memory, made comfy and warm for them in the fall and winters nights.

Then she found a wounded man in the mountains and took care of him until he felt better in an empty cavern. As luck would have it, the man was a merchant and he was trying to get to another town but some thieves caught him as he walked back to his caravan and stole his money. After talking with her raven friends (which made the merchant question her sanity because what human talks with birds), Rahulik asked if she can work for him, which he agreed after learning about her druid abilities.

So now for the past seven years, Rahulik worked as a merchant apprentice. Learning and living with the humans or well . . . her people. Her race. As a human who knows magic while traveling and seeing new lands and kingdoms.

As night draped over the sky and the shops are closing down, the blonde young adult sighed and wiped her forehead with a red sleeve. Then she grabbed a fur hooded cloak to wrap around her shoulders. "I'm about to head out now, Mr. Haroldson."

"Are you sure you want to go now? At this time of night?" Said the pudgy man at the door, frowning under that massive beard.
"Yes, I'm sure. Besides, I told my mother that I will meet up with her tonight- and remember, I'm staying over her place too."

"But . . . your mother lives in deep in the forest, right? I don't think it's safe nowadays, Rahulik." She smiled at him gratefully, tying her cloak tight and pulling her hood up.

"I'll be fine. Don't you trust me?"

"Yes I trust you, but I don't trust what's out there. I know you heard about the recent attacks lately and I don't think you should go at night."

"But I promised my mother. I can't leave her out there waiting for me either since it is dangerous." Rahulik retorted back with a cheeky smile. She said good-bye to her boss and chirped for Thought and Memory to lead her the way to her mother.

However that night will change Rahulik's view forever. When she reached the meeting place, the field where she practiced long ago as a child, her mother is lying on the leaf-covered ground, dead.

'What had caused her death', she wondered, as she came closer to the body and sighed a shuddering breathe. The teary blonde wanted to bury Eir with a prayer but something rustled in the red and brown leaves. Instict kicked in and she ran off, back to the town's gates as she hears someone following her just as quickly. It was terrifying, the harsh panting, the heavy thumps of feet hitting the dirt ground, and the sense of it coming closer and closer to her was alarming.

Thought and Memory flew off and sometimes would peck the chaser at times, trying to distract it from her and slow it down. It didn't work.

Rahulik crowed in relief when she spotted the gates before waving at the guards to let her through. After explaining herself and pointing at where the chaser was, she went back to the caravan with pain in her heart.

Her boss was wrong; It's best that she went out there tonight and find out about her mother's death. If she had followed her boss's advice, Rahulik wouldn't have known and believe that Eir is alive and well . . . when she wasn't. So now as her boss' wife passed her some warm soup to calm her nerves and left her alone in her tiny room, Rahulik cried quietly into Memory's feathers while Thought nuzzled her cheek comfortingly.

Last edited:
Shireen Osmont
IMG_2694.JPG
IMG_2703.JPG
IMG_1323.JPG

Race: Human
    Class: Middle - They are servants of the Baron, so they are better off than most.

" I came. I saw. I loved."

Last edited:
Mikhel Rask

FA4Y6ZEEP4dWTN4k3f0OGDQM5_mut_X_XShtxRudFydNjCchw73FBgXUrgv4yXUpFcPjnz-EBk1AE2YknDYe3YqTrWpf_3uDumTx_xbosQXQcxyngbgksgrn_IvNHuu_DoURMQMV

Race: Half human/half dwarf
Class: Healer (herbalist)​

Bio: Being a mixed race really made life difficult when Mikhel was younger. Not that anybody cared about his “impure” heritage, no, not that. It was simply because he was determined to be a warrior just like his father and grandfather, but, well, he didn’t have the same strength. He had the strength of a man, yes, and that was impressive enough, but to wield the dwarven greataxe with such ease? To move rocks and boulders twice his size with the force of his hands? It was just not possible, no matter how hard he tried. And he did try, even though his father didn’t push him. His father: always a dwarf who knew limitations. He didn’t want Mikhel to waste his life becoming something he wasn’t. Eventually he coaxed his son into following the path his true skills would lead him, and that was medicine. It soon became satisfying to Mikhel to be able to treat the dwarven soldiers so that they would be able to live to fight another day, and his family was proud.

He hadn’t seen his home in the high mountains of Sorygge for years though, and often wondered how his family fared. After the baron had begun taxing the mountain dwarves and requiring their service in his army, his father and mother had told Mikhel to leave and go elsewhere, to make his way in more favorable living conditions. Being old and attached to home, they would stay there, and make do. So Mikhel followed their advice and traveled to Halvøst. After starting up his own private practice of sorts, he was recruited by the Helvete Vrede, a private association that assisted the baroness in ridding the waters of sea monsters, and eventually, other threats. Where his skills were once used for treating injured warriors and wielding minor weapons when necessary, he now plays an integral part in determining the cause of the mysterious sicknesses and attacks that have been plaguing Halvøst.

Last edited:
Iksandar "Ember-Speaker" Brennach

Vanndra's Guardian
a45e4f754f1f6353a0438e306b5ae4a6.jpg

Full Name: Iksander Brennach
Titles: Loyal Retainer of Halvost; Master of Vektav Clan; Ember-Speaker of Innsjost
Nickname: Ike

Height: 4 foot, 8 inches
Build: Heartily Stocky

Physicality:
Iksander carries the dwarven physique with tenacity and purpose. His eyes are sharp and keen, his beard well-kept, combed or braided, and his muscles are toned and trained for practicality, not show. While shorter by nature than men or elves, the stoutness of his body and the weight of his step belies the tremendous strength he possesses. Able to lift a load that would make an ordinary man stagger, his constitution enables him to withstand straining exertion for periods of time long beyond what humans are capable of. While not necessarily quick, Iksander moves with what he refers to as ferocious grace, once in motion he is a force to be reckoned with. This carries the implications of needing to fuel such a dauntless machine, but Iksander also possesses the dwarven inclination to feasting and drinking, even to excess on occasion, which as impressive feat for a dwarf to accomplish at all. His techniques in combat are simple and straightforward, his weapons plain and unadorned, but no less effective for their simplicity. He values results in all instances, and one does not need extravagant weapons to win a war.

b2481a59ffb5d927b413a5afeda84b20.jpg
Faithful Protector of Halvost
Personality:
Outwardly gruff and care-worn, Iksander uses few words as possible to say as much as he needs. Not one for off-hand conversation, he hardly seems of the inclination to be involved in politics at all. However, he observes much and seeks to gain knowledge and understanding from his experiences. He possesses the unfailing devotion and loyalty of the dwarven race, directed solely towards Vanndra, his queen, for whom he would willingly lay down his life in an instant. Wracked with guilt over the loss of his lady's husband, the Baron Halvost, whom he was sworn to protect, Iksander has doubly dedicated himself to the prosperity and happiness of her reign, giving his wisdom and strength to her every whim as she commands without hesitation. He does have a lighter and more humorous side which surfaces on occasion, most often in a tavern with a warm fire and a cold brew, but these moments are interspersed through longer stretches of serious contemplation and stoic action. In battle, he is a ruthless hunter with dauntless determination who will subdue and defeat his quarry without fail, though while in court, he is a shrewd and skeptical councilor who advises caution against potential threats and for whom the smallest slight against his liege is a personal offense which must be avenged.

Biography:
Iksander's family dwelt withing the Halvost mountains from ages long past, having formed alliances with the human kingdoms there trading supplies and goods for metal and stone. His own father was a military adviser to several generations of soldiers of the Innsjost castle garrison. Iksander grew up with loyalty and courage instilled in his heart, proving multiple times his bravery and prowess in battle for his country. He steadily rose the ranks of the Innsjost military, eventually taking his father's place as the Captain of the Guard, second only to the young Baron Hroland himself in matters of security and protection of the province. He grew exceptionally close to the man, eventually becoming as inseparable as family, and the difference in age and experience left Iksander feeling as if he were like an uncle to the upstanding Hroland, and by extension, his free-spirited wife, Vanndra.

But tragedy seeks even the most noble of men, and the baron was slain by monsters at sea while on a diplomatic voyage. Iksander was at his side when the attack came, and while the two fought valiantly, Hroland knew they would not prevail and ordered all to abandon the ship. The lifeboats were filled in the midst of the squalling winds, supplies and goods were left on the doomed vessel, and the crew took to the oars in defeat. Iksander lead one of the boats, watching their ship's white sails fall into the waves behind them, and seeing Baron Hroland leading the other some distance across the waves. They signaled and praised their fortune to have their lives, and they were not far from home, only half of a day's rowing. The celebrations came too soon, and Iksander watched as one moment Hroland standing on the prow of his boat looking towards home shores on the horizon, and the next a scaled body arched out of the water and crashed down, dragging the crew screaming after it as the serpents tainted the pure seawater red. It was only a moment, but it was burned into Iksander's mind forever after, and a raging guilt filled his soul for his helplessness.

When he returned, his heart broke when he solemnly delivered the news to the expectant Vanndra. Where she had been expecting a valiant sailing ship, a ragged and battered rowboat returned instead. Her husband claimed by the sea and its demons, Vanndra took the throne and began her crusade against the monsters. Iksander submitted himself to punishment for his failure to protect the Baron, but Vanndra instead restored him to her side. In that forgiveness, Iksander found a new fire in his heart, one of revenge and passion and devotion. He swore a sacred oath to Vanndra, an ancient dwarven ritual that bound him eternally to her service, that his life was forfeit to himself and belonged to her while he still drew breath. It was with this fury and purpose that he established the Helvete Vrede, a guild of warriors, rangers, and wardens each selected for their prowess in hunting and slaying the evil creatures and wild monsters which plagued the land, tasked with patrolling the villages and protecting the innocent lives of their people. Now Iksander stands by Vanndra's throne, vowing to protect her life with his own, to see her live a long and prosperous reign, and to avenge Hroland's memory.

Talents and Skills:

Last edited:
Name: Ander Larsen

Race: Human

Class: Monster Slayer
Appearance/Faceclaim:

Bio: Born to a proud family of monster hunters, Ander was trained from a young age to follow the family tradition, hunting the creatures who threaten society. When he was eighteen, he was chosen to be the Slayer, the head monster Hunter of the family. He was chosen over his older brother, Søren, who, in a fit of desperation, made a pact with a vampire to destroy his family. As the last member of his family, Ander is on a personal mission to prolong his bloodline and kill his brother.

Søren Larsen

Name: Søren Larsen

Race: Human Vampire

Class: Vampire Lord

Appearance/Faceclaim:
8f0167ba3e2298b9dcb8319a2530cb04 (1).jpg
Bio: Born to the illustrious Larsen bloodline, Søren was next in line to be the Slayer of his family, with his younger brothers Ander and Harold both looking up to him. When his time to become Slayer came, he was pitted in a duel with Ander to see who was worthy. In a massive suprise, Ander won, becoming the Slayer and crushing Søren's dreams. Desperate for the title, Søren did the unthinkable, and became what his family had swore to destroy: a vampire. After drinking the blood of Harold and assuming his new form, he burned his family's home in an attempt to kill Ander, believing his younger brother to have died in the flames. He now resides in a castle, seeking any remants of his bloodline.

Freydis Larsen
Name: Freydis Larsen
Race:Human
Class: Apothecary
Appearance/Face Claim:
5a5ecaa0e0db885aa40cd64b64b1b5e0.jpg
Bio:Born to apothecaries, Freydis was raised to be one all her life. Her parents were often employed by the Larsen clan to create potions and poisons for hunting, and the girl soon became friends with the middle child, Ander. After Søren went on his rampage, Ander ran to the home of Freydis' family, the three helping him recover. Soon after, Ander and Freydis married, and she is currently pregnant with his child in the same village she's always lived in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back