• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Hybrids: still accepting.

Aggiewon

Not All That Wander Are Lost
The year is 3096. Humanity has reached the stars, technology is at its peak, and genetic engineering has allowed scientists to modify the human genome. However,with all of these advances wars have become a thousand times worse.

At the moment you are a normal marine, but not for long. You have been chosen as a candidate for the military's gene-splicing program. You will have you genes mixed with the DNA of specially designed creature that has been made to match your specifications. Once the operation is completed it is hoped that you will gain a mental link with the creature and any of its offspring. You are going to meet the Navy's head geneticist to help him design your future clones.

Soon you are going to become a Hybrid.

This will be the first RP I have ever created, so please feel free to give voice to any ideas or opinions you have.

I think it's an interesting idea, will we be creating our own non-earthly creatures from the project and also, what happens after they become hybrids?

What level of detail in posts are you looking for?

Abyss said:
I think it's an interesting idea, will we be creating our own non-earthly creatures from the project and also, what happens after they become hybrids?
What level of detail in posts are you looking for?
I am planning on this being a casual to slightly detailed RP. Maybe a couple sentences at the least,but it will be up to the RPr mainly. And yes, there will be creature creation which will affect your character since they will gain some of the characteristics of their clones.

I'm excited about all of the interest this is getting. I was hoping to get at least five people interested before moving on. I will start working on the world and the specifics. If you come up with any ideas or questions just post them. Nothing is too crazy to be given a second look. I'll tag everyone who showed interest once I get the RP up.

Last edited by a moderator:
My honest first thought was cuttlefish. It would be really awesome to play a badass camouflaging character. Though I'm not sure what i'd mix it with. I'm not 100% sure i want to join but it for sure sounds like a good roleplay!

@Rellwen

I'm glad you're showing interest. I had not thought of any aquatic animals, but now I will definitely try to figure out a way to fit them in.

@Aggiewon That may be just as well. Aquatic animals have some crazy abilities. Like luminescence and regrowing limbs or organs.

Fantastic. Imagining this is hilarious, really, with all the people searching up animal names on Wikipedia just for their powers...

Actually, may I join?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Rellwen I may add it in at a later date, so don't give up hope.

@MoltenLightning I am totally surprised as well. If I do get that many people I may need help moderating. If it comes to that would anyone be willing to help?

@Thaumaturge This is still open so feel free to join in!

Aggiewon said:
@Rellwen I may add it in at a later date, so don't give up hope.
@MoltenLightning I am totally surprised as well. If I do get that many people I may need help moderating. If it comes to that would anyone be willing to help?

@Thaumaturge This is still open so feel free to join in!
I would love to help if you need it. I can help guid and just do that then participate as a character. Either way is fine with me.

You know what, sure. I wouldn't mind at all. I'm pretty hooked on the idea that this'll be good, so I could give it a whirl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back