• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Hunting For Partners (Always Open, Ignore Post Count and Prefix)

WinterBee

Where am I? How did I get here!?
Hi there folks! Ya'll can call me Bee I'm a college student currently on break, and let me tell you, I've been dying to RP since my spring semester finished up. Don't let the new account scare you, I've used this site before and RP'd for a good five years now.

Lets get the tough stuff out of the way first. I typically write a minimum of three paragraphs per-post depending on the story and the partner I'm with. Now I won't tell you to expound where you don't need to; for example, dialogue tends to drag on unnecessarily when you force a post length to it (Not to say I don't love dialogue heavy posts, but when there's just a response and two paragraphs of forced filler, that sucks for everyone). That being said, getting one sentence responses sucks too. So I usually shoot for and expect three paragraphs, over is always encouraged and under is acceptable when you know it's just filler.
  • TL; DR Quality over quantity
As for responses, I respond as often as I possibly can. I'll check at least twice a day, maybe more if I'm super excited about the RP.
The rest of my rules are little things-
  • Mary-sues are the fastest way to get on my nerve, and if your unsure whether or not you've got a Mary sue, just ask. Asking is always okay!
  • God-modding, just say no.
  • I'm not squeamish, but I'm still working with this sites rules. I'm not entirely sure what they call too far, but I am comfortable with mild gore. No worries about that, so long as we don't break any site rules and it's not excessive. I'm rather more fond of the tasteful fade to black anyway.
  • And my one huge, major rule. Head characters, the ones we create at the start, are not for sharing! By that I mean; I've been in way too many RPs where my partner takes control of my main character and dictates their actions. As far as I'm concerned, this kills the fun. All the sudden we aren't creating a story together, I'm being dragged along my partners wishes. Seriously, leave it open. The fun's in the surprise!!
    • I normally extend this to all major characters you introduce, they are yours to dictate not mine. And Visa Versa, of course. But minor characters (like bystanders, or a crowd folk) are for group use. Exceptions can be made, of course.
  • As for pairings, I can write both the male and female roles. I am happy to double. I am more used to mxf and mxm, but I have resolved to branch out and try new things, should it come up!
  • My last thing is don't be afraid to talk to me. Ask questions, really, it's okay to tell me if I cluck up somewhere.

Now for the fun stuff, below are a couple plot ideas. And I warn you now, I'm a bleeding heart. Most of my RP's have a romance as a sub-plot or as the major plot. If that really does bother you, we can talk around it.

#1 -Trapped in Space-
A commercial transport has gone silent. Amidst it's journey to the newest colony in the Pleiades Cluster, the Transport vessel Aurora fell silent to all radio chatter. Aurora held roughly 1,000 colonists at the time of it's disappearance, all of varying ages and specialties, and a load of resources and tools to aid in colonization. Just recently the Aurora came back to life in the form of a final distress signal, 'Unidentified hostile aboard. Origin Unknown. Purpose Unknown. Destroy this vessel'
(This plot is based rather heavily on the Alien series, though it can be its own thing. Characters can be uninvolved civilians that stumble across the ghost-ship, or colonists trapped aboard, or whatever you can imagine. Not gonna lie, I really want to try this one as a duo fall in love as they escape type thing.)
#2 -Welcome to the Compound-
Due to an inexplicable rise in demonic activities in the 1800s, the government developed a small demon fighting organization called the Compound. Now, in the early 2000s, the Compound continues its task of keeping the unwitting populous safe from hell raisers. Over the years a few hell raisers even joined their ranks, though they are kept under tight surveillance by Compound workers called Liaisons. It's these Liaison workers that are supposed to keep their Demons in check, not always with 100 percent success.
(This one strikes me as good for doubling. Demons, humans, civilians getting involved in demonic drudgery, all the good stuff.)
#3 -Welcome to the MIB
MIB established first contact in the late fourties, and now maintain a level of calm between human and alien alike. Little secret, area 51 is a front. Area 53, stationed in Boston, is the real deal. Between regulating aliens on planet and enforcing intergalactic laws, sometimes people slip through the cracks.
(Another that might be good for doubling. Aliens, humans, and civilians getting caught up in alien antics and MIB agents)
#4- Harry Potter, with OCs. Any era you like

#5- AOT with OCs, any era you like

#6- Dragon Tamers
Dragons are real, most people own their personal pet dragon given to them at birth. And when the wars start up, they stop being companions and start being weapons. As both dragons and humans die off, soon the use of dragons in any capacity is inhumane and eventually taboo. The wars end, people settle down into a more simplistic lifestyle and dragons keep largely to themselves. Lord knows what would happen if you came across a dragon egg one day.
#7- Superheros and Supervillains
(This one is probably the most open ended, a superhero vs. supervillain dynamic, fighting for power of the city they roam)

All ideas above are subject to change and more ideas should be added over time. If you've got anything you want to try or any questions about the plots above let me know.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back