• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hunters of Vernae

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Less than one day in, and Ethan already had a headache. The upload of information from Hadakushus felt like waking from a dream- there were bits and pieces he had trouble making out, and the ones he could access were fairly fuzzy. He figured this would change with time as their bond grew stronger. The countless partners cycled through by the vernae reminded him of his own failed partnerships. You got to know someone closely and personally, then had to adjust to them being gone- with pieces still left behind.

Remerging from the trancelike state he’d been kept it, Ethan did his best impression of being calm. He focused on material objects in the room, reminding himself that he’d been through worse situations and made it out alive. Still not sure if the strangers in the room were his allies, showing how beaten he felt could be a fatal mistake. While he felt optimistic that him and his vernae could understand each other, he felt equally traumatized by Hadakushus’ mode of communication. Hadakushus’ crude emojis were burned into his memory. He couldn't shake the eggplant from his mind. He’d always been the one sliding into DMs, so being on the receiving end wasn’t something he’d experienced. He shivered, almost feeling bad for the people he’d messaged in the past.

“I require a phone of my own for...research.”

“Sure buddy,” he muttered out loud, feeling like a nutcase speaking to a voice in his head. “For now you can just use mine. I have a feeling it’s going to be a while before we can make it to a phone store.” Ethan slid his phone out of his pocket, noticing it was almost dead, the battery reading at %15. He was grateful, considering there was a few photos he wouldn’t want his new partner seeing- a handful of late night photos and drunk selfies that he wasn’t too excited about sharing. Ethan was used to being around and open to people, but an ancient being was a different story. He actually wanted to make a good impression for once. He was stuck with this creature for a hypothetical eternity. “I’m guessing you already know my passcode, because you know everything about me now. Just don’t text my exes. Almost all of them hate me. In fact- maybe just hold off on the texting for now-?”

"Hey. Ethan, Hiro. You guys finished with your contacts? How'd they go? Mine was quite.. short"

Smiling tightly as Clark addressed Ethan, he stepped closer to join him and Hiro- feigning a casual air. He was curious to learn about the other experiences, if they were as bizarre as his own. “Mine went well too. It was different.” He spoke politically to not offend the new presence settling into his head. “ It wasn't what I was expecting, but I would say it went fairly.” Talking about it already made him feel a little better, like a kid comparing christmas gifts. “I know they’re, uh, listening, but what do you think of what you got? You make the right choice or nah? I feel like it’s going to take some adjusting for me,” he said honestly, offering a slice of vulnerability in exchange for possible allies. “You guys seem pretty with it," he partially lied "you know what happens next?” He paced, impatient and mistrustful of the other people occupying the room.

Light Light GingerBread GingerBread Reis Reis

When Hiro snapped back to his body, he immediatly checked his hand. He was beyond surprised when he saw that his hand was almost fully healed, despite receiving a significantly large cut when he slashed his hand on his spear. His unnaturally fast recovery fueled his excitement for finally having a Vernae. It was almost unbelievable. Who else would know that an alien was now sharing his soul, fully accessing his memories and able to telepathically communicate at all times? He felt relieved that his partner was as reasonable as any human, otherwise he wouldn't know how to handle it. "Where shall we go first?" Hiro was once again surprised by Avulvador's voice. "Woah...this telepathy thing sure is cool!" The surprises that Vernae brought into his life would surely never end.

Hiro let go of that train of thought when he was approached by his fellow hunters. Clark and Ethan seemed surprisingly well adjusted to this new thing. Already they were discussing their contracts like it was in any way natural, although he was curious about what particularly surprised them about their Vernae. Taking a moment to think about his contract, he rubbed the back of his head. "It was strange. Not because something unusual happened, though. Actually, it's quite the opposite. Avulvador is much more like a human business partner than I ever would have expected. We seem like we'll get along perfectly in the future." After thinking it over, Hiro once again wondered if this was normal. Vernae were selected randomly, so it seemed rare that a partnership would work this well together from the get go. He decided that he was probably quite lucky.

"As for what happens next..." Hiro's tone suddenly became more serious as he addressed both Ethan and Avulvador at once. "I have a request. If you have a way to help find that girl who was kidnapped, please tell me! I...I can't sit around and let her be taken!"

Light Light GingerBread GingerBread ebb ebb @everybody

Avdagron

This blasted child was far too bold for her age, it irked the dragon beyond belief. He didn’t like the terms of this contract but with her underdeveloped brain this would be the best he could get. It couldn’t be helped, he’d just have to wait for someone older to kill her off and make a contract with him. I’m fact, he was hoping her death would occur within the week. “Fine, I agree to these terms.” He would sabotage her. “To transform, just clap three times.” He’ll leave her to die when she needed him most. “You’ll learn of my abilities once the contract forms.” It was a cruel thing to do but the moment she got here, she was already dead. Savva was mentally sent back to her body and the contract was complete. ( Deathpelt Deathpelt )

Wiltrunt

The Darkborne grunted in response to her beginning sentences. She was oddly over-confident for how underwhelming she was. “You have a month to show results, remember that.” He looked down at her outstretched, grunting once more. “I don’t shake hands, I just end things as they are. To transform just smirk, you’ll learn all about my powers once the contract is formed.” Suddenly, Irene was taken back to her regular body, in the arms of Axlethia flying above tall trees. “Ah, so you’ve finally woken up. Let’s get straight to the point here, shall we? I’d like to discuss a certain deal.” ( Skaggon Skaggon )
Irene
Irene was satisfied with her new power. She could easily conquer those around her if she needed to now. All she had left to do was read a book but when she opened her eyes she was instantly annoyed. A deal the vernae said. A talk they said. Irene was tired of deals. She was just talking about how this could have happened and she was correct, but this is worse. She was in the process of being taken. "What exactly could you of all things offer me. Being taken is not the best way to approach someone when trying to make a deal with them. Which one are you? I promise I do not remember a name so you will have to describe yourself." This was not the time to fight. Her transformation would take to long and she didn't know how far up she was. "Put
me down somewhere."
When Hiro snapped back to his body, he immediatly checked his hand. He was beyond surprised when he saw that his hand was almost fully healed, despite receiving a significantly large cut when he slashed his hand on his spear. His unnaturally fast recovery fueled his excitement for finally having a Vernae. It was almost unbelievable. Who else would know that an alien was now sharing his soul, fully accessing his memories and able to telepathically communicate at all times? He felt relieved that his partner was as reasonable as any human, otherwise he wouldn't know how to handle it. "Where shall we go first?" Hiro was once again surprised by Avulvador's voice. "Woah...this telepathy thing sure is cool!" The surprises that Vernae brought into his life would surely never end.

Hiro let go of that train of thought when he was approached by his fellow hunters. Clark and Ethan seemed surprisingly well adjusted to this new thing. Already they were discussing their contracts like it was in any way natural, although he was curious about what particularly surprised them about their Vernae. Taking a moment to think about his contract, he rubbed the back of his head. "It was strange. Not because something unusual happened, though. Actually, it's quite the opposite. Avulvador is much more like a human business partner than I ever would have expected. We seem like we'll get along perfectly in the future." After thinking it over, Hiro once again wondered if this was normal. Vernae were selected randomly, so it seemed rare that a partnership would work this well together from the get go. He decided that he was probably quite lucky.

"As for what happens next..." Hiro's tone suddenly became more serious as he addressed both Ethan and Avulvador at once. "I have a request. If you have a way to help find that girl who was kidnapped, please tell me! I...I can't sit around and let her be taken!"

Light Light GingerBread GingerBread ebb ebb @everybody
Mason
Mason looked at Hiro. "They are already gone. No one looked after being blinded and the contracts took to long. She's long gone into that forest. I have no tracking skills so unless the old man knows she's fucked." This girl means nothing to him unless if they knew and the group was going Mason didn't intend to go find them. Mason didn't know any of these people and so far didn't see anything special in any of them. "Let's just say fuck it and move on since no one thought it would be smart to run outside the only exit and look at what direction they went." He hopped off his rock and waited for a group consensus. He looked at those who had finished their contracts and then the old man who twisted his ankle. "What now?"
Reis Reis ebb ebb GingerBread GingerBread @everyone_else

Clark was glad to hear that Ethan and Hiro's contracts went well, even if it did sound like there's went better than his. He still wasn't looking forwards to the whole getting drunk thing, but he figured that Hiro and Ethan both must've got some downside with their's as well. What were the chance of getting someone who was happy to share bodies with you with no downsides. Clark didn't really get a chance to get into how his contract with his Vernae, Aztaron went, since Hiro started talking about saving the girl who got kidnapped when Daniella's contract went awry. Which wasn't something he was looking forwards to really talking about, not that he didn't want to save the girl, he just had no idea how to go about it, or even if he'd be much help.. especially with how Aztaron's powers worked. So he stayed quiet for a while, opting to let someone else say something about it.

When another guy joined in on the conversation and started going on about how it was pointless even trying to help because no one was able to run outside during or after they were blinded. Clark frowned at the boy's negative attitude and decided to speak up. "I don't think we should just.. give up on trying to help her. I mean, no one has to help her. But.. If I'm not the only one going, then I will. Though I'd like to get used to this whole... thing first. Plus I'm gonna need to get a bunch of alcohol.." Clark muttered that last part, saying it more to himself than the others, as he still wasn't a hundred percent on having to get drunk to be useful, it seemed counter productive to him and he wasn't sure if the others would really want him to help, if he had to be drunk to do that. "And.. I guess we should stop that Vernae, right? I mean, they kidnapped someone so they're probably not looking to make friends. And.. we stand a better chance than most people, right?" Again, Clark directed what he said to himself more than the others around him, since he was still trying to hype himself up to the new.. life he's taken on. "There's no point in sitting around and doing nothing anyway, right? I don't know about you guys, but I normally get a numb arse if I sit doing nothing for too long. And what are you gonna do if your legs fall asleep? Not walking, that's what"

Reis Reis ebb ebb Light Light Skaggon Skaggon

Ethan couldn’t pretend to understand everything about the new world he’d stepped into. A few years ago, he would have laughed if somebody offered him this same opportunity. He wondered what went wrong that he would be so eager to throw himself into danger. Yet, as he listened to Hiro, Mason, and Clark weigh out their options, he felt himself leaning into a rash response. We’ve been given a gift today. Sure, a strange gift, but a gift nonetheless. It would be a waste to sit on out asses.

"Let's just say fuck it and move on since no one thought it would be smart to run outside the only exit and look at what direction they went."

Agreeing with Mason’s skepticism, but not wanting to feed into it, he tried offering a productive solution. “I agree that we need to go after her,” he chimed in, as if his opinion was somehow the deciding factor. “But I also agree that traipsing through the forest is a terrible idea.” The people in charge of distributing the Vernae were powerful, but how powerful? Were they capable of staging an entire kidnapping to test the capabilities of their new recruits? Vernae didn’t seem like the types of beings to just follow a plan concocted by a human, yet the idea wasn’t impossible.

“What are you gonna do if your legs fall asleep? Not walking, that's what"

“We might not even have to walk,” Ethan realized, wiping sweat off his hands onto his shirt. He was a little concerned that Clark was already asking for alcohol. Sure, everybody handled stressful situations in their own way, but was it really the right time for a drink? “I hired a driver when I came in from the nearest town. I don’t know if he’d wait this long for us, but it wouldn’t hurt to check. I don’t know how the locals feel about tourists, but just leaving us out here with no means of getting back seems… Pretty harsh?” Ethan bent to scoop his bag off the floor, not directly asking the others to leave, suggesting it instead with his actions. “Plus, looking in the city would be our best bet at finding her. I have a feeling her Vernae wouldn’t go unnoticed. Even if she isn’t in the city, it isn’t like we can just sit around here, growing mold. I don’t know about you guys, but I’m already getting tired of this shithole.” Eyeing the old man guiltily, he muttered a quiet “no offense”.

It was a good twenty minute walk just to reach the road, but it beat trekking back all the way on foot. Ethan had lived his life in the city, and wasn’t eager to find out what kind of crawly creatures were waiting under the leaves. He walked towards the exit, praying that at least one or two chose to follow him.

Reis Reis GingerBread GingerBread Skaggon Skaggon Light Light @ everyone <3

Clark was glad to hear that Ethan and Hiro's contracts went well, even if it did sound like there's went better than his. He still wasn't looking forwards to the whole getting drunk thing, but he figured that Hiro and Ethan both must've got some downside with their's as well. What were the chance of getting someone who was happy to share bodies with you with no downsides. Clark didn't really get a chance to get into how his contract with his Vernae, Aztaron went, since Hiro started talking about saving the girl who got kidnapped when Daniella's contract went awry. Which wasn't something he was looking forwards to really talking about, not that he didn't want to save the girl, he just had no idea how to go about it, or even if he'd be much help.. especially with how Aztaron's powers worked. So he stayed quiet for a while, opting to let someone else say something about it.

When another guy joined in on the conversation and started going on about how it was pointless even trying to help because no one was able to run outside during or after they were blinded. Clark frowned at the boy's negative attitude and decided to speak up. "I don't think we should just.. give up on trying to help her. I mean, no one has to help her. But.. If I'm not the only one going, then I will. Though I'd like to get used to this whole... thing first. Plus I'm gonna need to get a bunch of alcohol.." Clark muttered that last part, saying it more to himself than the others, as he still wasn't a hundred percent on having to get drunk to be useful, it seemed counter productive to him and he wasn't sure if the others would really want him to help, if he had to be drunk to do that. "And.. I guess we should stop that Vernae, right? I mean, they kidnapped someone so they're probably not looking to make friends. And.. we stand a better chance than most people, right?" Again, Clark directed what he said to himself more than the others around him, since he was still trying to hype himself up to the new.. life he's taken on. "There's no point in sitting around and doing nothing anyway, right? I don't know about you guys, but I normally get a numb arse if I sit doing nothing for too long. And what are you gonna do if your legs fall asleep? Not walking, that's what"

Reis Reis ebb ebb Light Light Skaggon Skaggon
Ethan couldn’t pretend to understand everything about the new world he’d stepped into. A few years ago, he would have laughed if somebody offered him this same opportunity. He wondered what went wrong that he would be so eager to throw himself into danger. Yet, as he listened to Hiro, Mason, and Clark weigh out their options, he felt himself leaning into a rash response. We’ve been given a gift today. Sure, a strange gift, but a gift nonetheless. It would be a waste to sit on out asses.

"Let's just say fuck it and move on since no one thought it would be smart to run outside the only exit and look at what direction they went."

Agreeing with Mason’s skepticism, but not wanting to feed into it, he tried offering a productive solution. “I agree that we need to go after her,” he chimed in, as if his opinion was somehow the deciding factor. “But I also agree that traipsing through the forest is a terrible idea.” The people in charge of distributing the Vernae were powerful, but how powerful? Were they capable of staging an entire kidnapping to test the capabilities of their new recruits? Vernae didn’t seem like the types of beings to just follow a plan concocted by a human, yet the idea wasn’t impossible.

“What are you gonna do if your legs fall asleep? Not walking, that's what"

“We might not even have to walk,” Ethan realized, wiping sweat off his hands onto his shirt. He was a little concerned that Clark was already asking for alcohol. Sure, everybody handled stressful situations in their own way, but was it really the right time for a drink? “I hired a driver when I came in from the nearest town. I don’t know if he’d wait this long for us, but it wouldn’t hurt to check. I don’t know how the locals feel about tourists, but just leaving us out here with no means of getting back seems… Pretty harsh?” Ethan bent to scoop his bag off the floor, not directly asking the others to leave, suggesting it instead with his actions. “Plus, looking in the city would be our best bet at finding her. I have a feeling her Vernae wouldn’t go unnoticed. Even if she isn’t in the city, it isn’t like we can just sit around here, growing mold. I don’t know about you guys, but I’m already getting tired of this shithole.” Eyeing the old man guiltily, he muttered a quiet “no offense”.

It was a good twenty minute walk just to reach the road, but it beat trekking back all the way on foot. Ethan had lived his life in the city, and wasn’t eager to find out what kind of crawly creatures were waiting under the leaves. He walked towards the exit, praying that at least one or two chose to follow him.

Reis Reis GingerBread GingerBread Skaggon Skaggon Light Light @ everyone <3
Mason
Mason almost laughed at the last bit from the Brittish guy. He still knew no one's name. But the guy made a very good point about our lack of training. Surely just knowing what we can do is nothing compared to what we actually know how to do. Mason personally didn't care about some missing vernae and a girl that was taken but if the group went then he would go. So far they wanted to go despite all the risks. Mason thought about his own power and how situational it was. If he decided to use it here he would undoubtedly be at risk of major damage. Trees aren't the best material and the dirt would more than likely be mixed in too so he had to make sure to use it where he had the advantage. Another thing stood out to Mason. Alcohol. Why does it matter to him? He didn't seem to be a drinker both on the outside and with the way he was talking about it. The only logical reason was an issue with his contract since he never brought it up beforehand. Mason decided not to bring it up but instead hold out his flask. "If your thirsty go for it." Mason wanted to see Clark's reaction to his offer, but he was interrupted by the other guy.

Mason put away his flask as Ethan talked. He was disappointed about not finding out more but decided that would have to wait for later. As he listened to Ethan Mason nodded his head.What he said made sense. Going to the town and asking the local was a better idea than getting lost in the trees although the driver thing was a bit of a stretch. Hopefully, the city had a bar where he could investigate the British guy more. At this point, he started to get lost in his thoughts. He played out scenes in his mind at a bar. What would happen? Clark could go with the drinking buddy approach to get him to talk while drunk. But before that, he would need a way to convince the other to even go in with him. Maybe if the search goes wrong and she isn't found they'll go willingly. I'll figure that out later. He thought to himself. Maybe if they all drank together they would be a lot more willing to talk and Mason could learn more about these people or at least know enough to trust them. It was this point that Mason snapped back to reality with the tattoo guy leaving. "I'll come too." He said following Ethan.

Mason walked in silence. Once they reached the road he took a deep breath. "Ok where to next?" He didn't know anything about the area. On his way to the cave, he asked a few locals but only two knew partial English. To be fair he did only ask five people and went to figure it out himself. He had hoped more than just the two of them went but he didn't bother checking.

Hiro frowned at a new guy's reaction to saving that girl. Did he have to be so cynical about helping someone who was in mortal danger? "I know that the girl was taken faster than anyone could track her. But...we all have Vernae now! If we combine our new abilities, there has to be a way to find her. And even if it's not that easy...we still have to try!" He was somewhat relieved about the way Clark and Ethan reacted. Even though they were quite reluctant to risk their lives for a stranger, at least they were ultimately willing to try. Internally, Hiro thanked his luck once more. Not only was he given a great Vernae partner, but he also found fellow people who he could call trustworthy friends.

After hearing everyone's thoughts, Hiro considered that by chasing a violent Hunter they were all risking their lives. But that wasn't enough to make him back down. Even if it meant putting himself in danger, he wouldn't be able to accept himself if he just let someone get hurt or worse without trying to stop it. If it came to a fight, he would simply need to use Avulvador's powers to save that girl from her kidnapper.

Hiro sheepishly grinned as he followed Ethan, stopping for a moment to bow at the old man who gave them their weapons. "Thank you for your help. I just hope we can save that poor girl. I don't know about you, but there's no way I wouldn't be terrified if I were kidnapped like she was."

GingerBread GingerBread Skaggon Skaggon Light Light ebb ebb @everybody

Vutcio

Vutcio found Miguel's question both funny and useless, he had hoped his partner would at least know the obvious. There is no actual limit to how many Vernae one could contract with as long as they could keep up with each condition of every contract. Other than that there shouldn't be a problem. "Decently, funny that question is. Briefly, I laugh at it. Yes, there are no limits to how many contracts a human or a Vernae can have. If bad, I can pull you out of a contract room." Vutcio continued to swim around in the mind of Miguel, going through childhood memories even Miguel couldn't remember. All memories were still there, they just weren't accessible, like someone with temporary amnesia. ( Love of Cyanide Love of Cyanide )

Grizzius

Grizzius continued to curl up and attempt to nap. He found this human's attempt of gaining authority quite funny but at least he tried. This kept Grizzius from laughing too hard at the man. "Sit in the corner and just die out human. Your cowardice is of no use to me. You'll need the balls of all the men in an army if I am to withstand you and if you are to utilize my role properly. Are you willing to throw yourself in the front lines, in front of death itself and mangle it's bones to powder? I think not, so leave." Grizzius swatted poor Lars away, not that the man could feel pain here, he was still easily blown away. ( Love of Cyanide Love of Cyanide )

Avdagron

The dragon was toiling through the young girls memories, trying to find any weakness within her. If he was honest, her life didn't interest him at all, he preferred his previous companion to her, easily. "You should try interacting with the others in the cave. I feel like they're up to something. It's best you stick with them instead of becoming an early outsider." Avdagron would at least tell her this. He wanted her to think he was on her side, he wanted her to trust him. As soon as a real threat came along, he'd use all her pent up trust and would lethally betray her. ( Deathpelt Deathpelt )

Axlethia/Daniella

The Vernae looked down at the human passenger in her arms, contemplating the human's request. "I am Axlethia, sorry, my human is named Daniella. I apologize if this entire trip is bizarre to you but it's all for a reason. You're different from the rest of them, they're soft and lack the ability to see the real possibilities. Potentially you may be just as blind as them but you seem to have the ability to adapt. You knew there was no way you'd come out on top or alive in this situation if you instantly got aggressive. Most would just lash out, I commend you for at least pulling off the smarter decision. I must say though, it's a bad decision to make any form of demands when you're completely vulnerable and being offered an opportunity to be different from the lambs who will eventually burn." Axlethia's face ignited half of her face cut those very flames off, allowing half of Daniella's face to appear. "Already I have more control over my abilities than you, I suggest you listen to what I have to say and I may teach you a few things."

Axlethia had her face completely change back to that of a Vernae. "I intend to have the world burn and with my power combined with my knowledge I can make that happen. The first few key steps could even be done within a months time. Why would I need you if I have everything I need to bring an end to this world and obtain all the power I'd ever want you may ask? Well, my response to that would be not every book is written by one person and not all legends achieved their fame on their own. I'm only suggesting that we walk hand in hand as we watch the world burn. The choice yours to make right now. Refuse my offer and I'll just kill you and take your Vernae. Accept my offer and the only person you'll have to bow to is me with both the Vernae and human world bowing at your feet." ( Skaggon Skaggon )

Clark was a bit surprised the guy that suggested it was pointless to even try to find and help the girl, was now offering him a drink. He wasn't sure why he was being offered a drink but he was about to politely refuse, when Ethan started talking. He listened to Ethan and the found the idea of getting driven to the nearest village or whatever, more appealing than traipsing through the woods. Clark picked up his backback and slung it around his shoulder and gave the old man a brief wave as he followed Ethan and hiro out of the cave. "Woo, roadtrip. So exciting. It's just like one of those buddy films, well Kinda.. if you mixed them with aliens or the thing or something, it'd probably be more accurate. I dunno. But roadtrip, yeah" Clark smiled at the others in an attempt to lighten the mood a bit.

Clark had no real idea what to do when they got to a town. He wasn't really expecting this whole Vernae thing to go down like this. Part of him was hoping that he'd get some really cool powers and be able to quit his job and do something more.. fun. He knew that it probably wouldn't end up like that, and even though this isn't how he expected this whole thing to go, he was still kinda disappointed. He wasn't lead on to believe he'd be some sort of super spy secret agent, but he had hoped. "Hey.. So why'd you guys decide to come and do all this anyway? I was kinda hoping I'd become a secret agent" he held his hands in a mock gun pose "Like James bond. With the whole secret recruiting it seemed a lot more realistic.. not any more though" Clark was hoping that by going first, and telling them why he'd traveled across the world to brazil to do this, the others would be more willing to talk.

Light Light ebb ebb Reis Reis Skaggon Skaggon

Miguel Sanchez
Humming, Miguel nodded. Listening into the conversation that the group of teenagers made he glanced over at them, he would have laughed at them trying to find a missing person, as noble as it was. The only thing stopping him in his tracks was the mention of gender. Was this rather shallow of the man? Indeed, he couldn't help but admit that. His hand clenched around the cane, gripping it, as he pulled it up off of the grass. A smirk on his lips, he put a finger to his mustache, slowly running it through it, fixing it while wiping the moisture building in it. Then he moved towards the group of four, a soft thud sounding out between the natural noises of the forest and voices as she started to acclimatize himself to the cane.

"Hello! I hear of your cause," Miguel started as his platinum eyes moved over them, "And if I— Miguel you can call me —could interject, I'd like to aid you!" Speaking carefully and with an accent thick with his Spanish descent he held out his hand, faded scuffs of dirt and gravel as he had nearly tripped on his way here. ( Light Light ebb ebb GingerBread GingerBread Skaggon Skaggon Reis Reis )

Lars Mikkel
Wincing even as the Vernae had rumbled, both the laughing and grisly description of what Lars needed to do filled his brain with images that nearly made him actually want to go curl up and cry. While he barely stood his ground, shaking like an oversized leaf- No, tree even, he screamed as he was batted away and while the impact didn't do anything but make wind whistle in his wind and curl around his skin he was still screaming until he realized that he wasn't completely shattered. Blinking, he pushed up his glasses, which miraculously stayed on his face as a plan made itself clear. Taking a shaky breath he stood back up and ran back, winded as he was when he came.

"Yo- ha -you can't get rid of me that, uh, easily!" Lars shouted before going back to wheeze. Finally regaining his breath he glared at the giant frost beast, "I... I need this. I might be a coward but I can't change unless I get a push!" He practically whined as he gripped at his pants to keep still, "I-I won't go away. I won't go and die in a corner so help me!" His glasses started to fog so he cleared them before pushing them back up, fear obviously present in his onyx orbs and everything else. His hands shook, his legs wavered, his lips quivered, but he kept there. Whether on a childish competitor spirit or guilt clawing at his very soul Lars did not move.

"P-p-please, h-help!" He stuttered as his momentary rush faltered as he stood in front of the towering beast.

( Light Light ebb ebb GingerBread GingerBread Skaggon Skaggon Reis Reis )

Savva Wolfe

Savva listened to the dragon before thinking it over. He was right, it was better to make friends instead of enemies, but sometimes it was best to keep quiet and in the corners until your ready to strike. Nevertheless she made her way to a group of teenagers speaking of finding the girl who were probably dead by now. While they were pretty foolish, Savva was sure that they would make good allies if she ever needed them, and that it would be good to help aid them on this "quest." Hey guys, was wondering if I could join in your little "hunt"." She looked at each of them waiting for a response. This was a good group to stick by, especially since they were all going for the same goal. She played with her hair a little before listening for a certain dragon in her mind. "Does this please you?" She asked him in her head, momentarily feeling crazy trying to talk to a lizard. Ow well, i guess crazier things have happened.

( Light Light ebb ebb GingerBread GingerBread Skaggon Skaggon @Ries)

The air was humid and cloying, dense with sweet smelling decay of rotting leaves and earthy soil. The progress was already tedious because the undergrowth crisscrossed into tangles that blocked the group’s path. Sharp twigs caught on his clothing and scratched his skin. Cursing, Ethan thrashed through an especially challenging set of branches. A spider the size of his hand dropped from a nearby tree, barely missing his shoulder. Ethan almost vomited in his mouth.

"Ok where to next?"

Grateful that he wasn’t cut lose to tackle the untamed forest alone, Ethan paused to respond. “From what I remember, I think I passed a village on my way here,” he squinted as he worked to recall. “I doubt we can make it all the way to the main city before it gets dark- and from what I’ve heard, the chances of getting robbed on the road increase a ton when the sun goes down.” On his way over to the cave, his driver had told him of criminals that preyed on tourists in the area. Volatile poachers and illegal loggers were also present in the vicinity. The sun was already high in the sky, so the long journey back to the larger city would be rolling the dice.

Hey guys, was wondering if I could join in your little "hunt"

“Yeah, of course you can, we can use all the people we can get. Luckily the vehicle used by the driver should be big enough for us to cram into- especially if we pay him a little extra.” Ethan was grateful that the young girl wasn’t left alone in the cave. While the path ahead would undeniably hold some danger, this way the group would be able to keep an eye on her. He was also appreciative of Miguel’s offer to join the journey, and gave him an affirming nod. Miguel’s passion to track down Daniella was encouraging and made Ethan press forwards with more urgency. “Of course man, I’d love to have you along.” He couldn’t speak for the group, but turning him down seemed pointless.

"Hey.. So why'd you guys decide to come and do all this anyway? I was kinda hoping I'd become a secret agent"

Unable to hold back a laugh, Ethan’s chuckled at Clark’s remark. “Really? I was kind of hoping for a jurassic park vibe myself. If I don’t see at least one dinosaur by the time we get back, I’m going to be very disappointed. ” Joking was a better alternative than the truth. Confessing to the group that he was running from an identity crisis was hardly something he was prepared to do. If Ethan’s instincts were correct, they weren’t far from the sketchy dirt road he’d traveled down a few hours earlier. He couldn’t wait to be freed from the suffocating lushness of the rainforest.

Light Light GingerBread GingerBread Love of Cyanide Love of Cyanide Reis Reis Skaggon Skaggon Deathpelt Deathpelt

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back