• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Hunter x Hunter: The 519th Exam

BLUR

Two Thousand Club

wu0x9y.jpg

THE HUNTER EXAM

Ah, it's that time of year again. Yes, you know the one! It's that time when prospective hunters all over the world gather round to participate in the dangerous, mysterious, and ever notorious Hunter Exam! Yup! That's the one in which competitors put their well-being on the line simply for a chance at the prestigious Hunter's License. See, a Hunter's License is a valuable thing.

It's true! The benefits of owning one of these nifty cards are substantial! Here are some of these benefits that I'm talking about:

1. 95% of all public facilities can be used at no cost. Furthermore, all such services are provided at first class.

2. Unrivaled freedom to travel around the world. Access is granted to about 90% of countries which normally restrict the entry of outsiders, and access to 75% of areas that the general public is prohibited from entering.

3. Almost no legal responsibility for murder.

4. The ability to sell the Hunter License as a valuable collector's item. Though only the original owner of a Hunter License can take advantage of its normal benefits, it can be still sold for enough money to support the seller for at least 7 generations in luxury.

5. The ability to use the license as collateral for a zero-interest loan of 100 million jenny (approximately 90 million yen) at any bank.

6. Access to the secret Hunters Only Website, where secret intelligence about various subjects, uploaded by other Hunters, can be purchased.

Amazing, don't you think? Well I assume you do, since you're here. You made a good choice! Line right up and come aboard the boat! It will be an experience you'll never forget, granted you make it out alive to remember it! Welcome to the 519th Hunter Exam!

Role-Play Created By: @White Masquerade

Henchman that contributed nothing but this interest check: @BLUR

About the RP

First and foremost, The 519th Exam is a hybrid between a Fandom RP and a Dice RP. Actually, it's really a Dice RP that is based in the world of a fandom. Now you know :D

Anyway, onto the good stuff. Here are the mechanics of this role-play. If you read through this and decide you want to join all the fun, then there's just one more thing to know! This is a test role-play. That's right! The role-play will end just after the exam's conclusion, as
@White Masquerade and I are simply testing this system for a possible future HxH project! May the odds be in your favor!

Stats & What They Do

Agility:

Increase the number of faces on your dice by 4(agility level).

Strength:

Add 2(strength level) to your total dice result.

Intelligence:

Increase the number of dice you roll by (intelligence level).

Endurance:

You can re-roll (endurance level) dice every attempt.

Focus:

Re-do any roll that comes up under 3(focus level).

RP Info

Natural ability: Everyone starts off able to roll 1 die with 20 faces. This represents a person's natural ability.

Experience/Expertise: This is a character's stats. When you make your character, you start off with 3 skill points. You can place them in any stat.

Learning/Growing: After passing a stage successfully, a character will get 2 more skill points to spend on any stat they want.

Stages Test Your Skill: There will be 5 stages in the Hunter Exam. However, not all will be the same. Each stage will test a player's abilities. For every stage, there will be a stat requirement. If a stage lists endurance, strength, and focus as requirements, you may NOT use intelligence or agility to pass it. If a stage does not list a stat as a requirement, you may NOT use that stat.

Stages Can Kill You/Tries: Sometimes, failing a stage can kill you. If a stage kills you for failing, it will be listed in the penalties.

• If a stage does not kill you, you can only try to pass the stage 5 times per day. If a stage does not kill you, you can only try to pass the stage 5 times per day. If a stage does not kill you, you can only try to pass the stage 5 times per day. Remember this!

Hunter Exam Final Phase: Only the first 8 characters will be allowed to make it to the final phase. After they do, everyone else is disqualified. The rest of the info will be provided once the final 8 slots are filled.

Stages

Stage 1:

Targets are painted on animals. You are given a ball. Throw the ball to hit the target and you move on.

This Tests: Endurance, Intelligence, Focus, Agility.

Penalty For Failing: None. Keep Trying.

Difficulty: 15

Stage 2:

A bracelet is attached to your wrist. It has a nen bomb on it. There are two wires coming from the bracelet. Cut the correct one to diffuse the bomb and safely remove the bracelet, or remove the bracelet and hope you can escape the explosion.

This Tests: Endurance, Intelligence, Agility, Focus.

Penalty For Failing: Death

Difficulty: 20

This Role-Play is set to begin February 1st. Here is the link to the IC thread:

Detailed - Hunter x Hunter: The 519th Exam

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="The Doorman]Noooooo, temptation!
I just got back to this show, aaaaaagh.

Yer killin' me.

Mmmmmmmm.

[/QUOTE]
Don't be upsetti, eat some spaghetti!

animegirl20 said:
can I still join even if I've never seen it?
Yes you may. You might enjoy it more if you've already seen the show, but no knowledge is required. This RP is meant to be very low stress. The dice system is very easy to learn, and there's really no story you have to be here everyday to follow along with. You can even RP at your own pace.

This RP is especially good for people who want to have a taste of dice, while having some fun learning to use them. If you're still iffy about it, come check it out once we start up. Just watch. You can jump in anytime you wish

[QUOTE="White Masquerade]Yes you may. You might enjoy it more if you've already seen the show, but no knowledge is required. This RP is meant to be very low stress. The dice system is very easy to learn, and there's really no story you have to be here everyday to follow along with. You can even RP at your own pace.
This RP is especially good for people who want to have a taste of dice, while having some fun learning to use them. If you're still iffy about it, come check it out once we start up. Just watch. You can jump in anytime you wish

[/QUOTE]
kk cool thanks! :)

Well I'm interested in this tbh :D cuz I freaking love hxh. The thing that's throwing me off is the dice system. If I could make a suggestion, I think we should make it a normal role play. When enough people sign up, maybe they could make an introductory post of 2+ paragraphs explaining a bit of their hunter's background and why they are in the exam. And once they get to the point where the exam starts, the conductor can split the characters into groups so they can do the assignments. Maybe give a week for the role players to complete the assignment and get to the meeting point...and well, so on.

And whatever character fails to arrive to the meeting point at the end of the week (whoever doesn't post their character arriving) is marked off as dead

I think the dice system might scare some people (like me) and not want to join if it gets too complicated. But other wise, I'm so damn up for a hxh rp

Last edited by a moderator:
@Sagitarius

I read your suggestion, but no can do. The dice system is not going anywhere. There's a special reason we made it the exact way we did. If this were a normal HxH role-play, it would 300-times more work to handle. As much as we like HxH, we're not looking to make a massive, intricate RP with a wonderful story; it's not what we want to do with this RP. People are busy with school/work and the RP would fall apart after the first few weeks. We are looking to make this RP a fresh, new way to RP Hunter-x-Hunter, little work, fun, competitive, and easy to-get-into.

About the dice system, I've role-played in two complicated systems and this one doesn't even come close to them. If we were to show this to the hardcore players up in the dice section, they would laugh at us. This is nothing. I do understand what you're saying because I've been in your place before. Just looking at or even hearing the word dice makes you nervous about joining. The thing is, the people being scared off, are scaring themselves off. They haven't tried the role-play or have seen how the system works, yet already think it's too hard/complicated. There's nothing we can do for people too scared to even try.

So thank you for the suggestion, but we are going to keep the dice system. If you need help on it, just ask BLUR or I. If you don't want to join, you can watch as it starts and if you ever change your mind, hop in.

P.S. The easiest dice system is best made by someone who hates them. And I hate dice ( ;) ).

White Masquerade] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/27674-sagitarius/ said:
@Sagitarius[/URL]
I read your suggestion, but no can do. The dice system is not going anywhere. There's a special reason we made it the exact way we did. If this were a normal HxH role-play, it would 300-times more work to handle. As much as we like HxH, we're not looking to make a massive, intricate RP with a wonderful story; it's not what we want to do with this RP. People are busy with school/work and the RP would fall apart after the first few weeks. We are looking to make this RP a fresh, new way to RP Hunter-x-Hunter, little work, fun, competitive, and easy to-get-into.

About the dice system, I've role-played in two complicated systems and this one doesn't even come close to them. If we were to show this to the hardcore players up in the dice section, they would laugh at us. This is nothing. I do understand what you're saying because I've been in your place before. Just looking at or even hearing the word dice makes you nervous about joining. The thing is, the people being scared off, are scaring themselves off. They haven't tried the role-play or have seen how the system works, yet already think it's too hard/complicated. There's nothing we can do for people too scared to even try.

So thank you for the suggestion, but we are going to keep the dice system. If you need help on it, just ask BLUR or I. If you don't want to join, you can watch as it starts and if you ever change your mind, hop in.

P.S. The easiest dice system is best made by someone who hates them. And I hate dice ( ;) ).
Hahah np. Like a said, suggestion. But I figured u weren't gonna change it once I looked through the IC thread that u guys already made. I'm not really interested I dice but well, good luck on your role play! I'll still lurk around and see. Who knows, I might end up giving it a try

Sagitarius said:
Hahah np. Like a said, suggestion. But I figured u weren't gonna change it once I looked through the IC thread that u guys already made. I'm not really interested I dice but well, good luck on your role play! I'll still lurk around and see. Who knows, I might end up giving it a try
Excellent! Definitely, if you like HxH, still watch us =P

This small thing will start on Feb 1st. It's nothing too serious. If you have quick minute to roll dice and like HxH, give it a try. The link is in the 1st post.

That's all

[QUOTE="White Masquerade]This small thing will start on Feb 1st. It's nothing too serious. If you have quick minute to roll dice and like HxH, give it a try. The link is in the 1st post.
That's all

[/QUOTE]
What she said. Hopefully, there're more fans out there. It's not everyday we see a Hunter x Hunter RP. D:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back