• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Hunt, Slay & Bleed (A Grim Fantasy Roleplay)

JSPD2000

Z0XJwoY.png

It can be said that war never truly ends. Even though battles may be over, peace is only quiet time before the next battle begins. In some cases, the battle never ceases to stop, even generations later. One thing that separates humans from other beings in the world, is the vicious cycle of war, often caused by humans for their own idealistic goals. It is generally agreed upon that war is a terrible thing, and yet, it’s constantly there. Such is the current state of events in the known world. There is a constant cycle of hatred between four groups of living beings, with no supposed end in sight.

Our story takes place in the town of Ivesburg. A rather large city, abundant with people. It has everything from markets, to peasants and noble families. There is even a lake nearby the city for fishing, and the rather decent climate is fantastic for farming for most of the year. Beyond the farmlands of Ivesburg, lies a large forest to the south known as the Malen Forest.

The Malen Forest is a monstrous forest, filled with creatures available for hunting. People often venture inside to for leisure, and for extra food to hunt, however, the actual size of the forest is not known. It is said the deeper you go, the more dangerous the forest becomes, with stories of people getting lost and never finding their way out. It should also be noted, that many dangerous creatures known as Demons reside in this forest, and one should be careful about venturing too deep into the forest.

Corset is a town located on the eastern side of the Malen Forest. It’s possible to get to this town by following a specific trail within the forest, however, good navigation is required to ensure one does not get lost in the forest. It should also be noted that Corset is a town where Vampires reside. Corset does have a smaller economy than Ivesburg, but similar. Unlike Ivesburg, there are no real social classes among the Vampires, and there isn’t much need for farming.

Kavenhold is a town located on the western side of the Malen Forest, and similar to Corset, it is a town that can be reached by following another specific trail through the forest, if the navigation is there. Likewise, this town is where many Werewolves reside. Similar to Ivesburg, there is a small farmland that exists, although many people in this town will hunt for their food in the wilds and the forest nearby.

9PterGC.jpg

Humans |

Regular humans are most abundant in this world. Generally speaking, if one refers to someone as ‘Human’, they are generally referring to the human as having no Werewolf or Vampire blood within them. Humans are smart at making tools, and are highly organized. Not only are they high in numbers, they are capable of destruction and chaos utilizing their brains and tools, despite not having any sort of Werewolf or Vampire powers. The humans in Ivesburg resent Vampires and Werewolves and Demons alike, and are often told to kill them on sight. Specific Hunters exist, solely for the elimination of said beings. Unlike Vampires and Werewolves, Humans in Ivesburg also have a social class system. Peasants, middle class, and nobles, etc.

Something that regular Humans possess, that Werewolves and Vampires cannot do, is the ability to perform magic. Magic is exceedingly rare in Ivesburg, with the only person in town being able to do so, being a Priest. His followers are taught magic as a part of their teachings, mainly specializing in Healing and Holy Magic. Supposedly Priest Donom’s Healing Magic is so strong, he is able to regrow limbs - for a cost, that is. However, it should be noted that magic cannot be taught to everyone that follows Priest Donom. According to him, if the person’s aptitude is not capable of learning magic, they will never be able to do so, no matter how hard they try.

Pros:
  • Able to perform Magic
  • Access to a variety of weapons, and even traps to capture Vampires, Werewolves and Demons
  • Access to doctors and medicine
  • No need to hunt for food/able to purchase items at the market

Cons:
  • No increase in strength or speed from a transformation
  • No real healing factor, other than medicine and possibly magic
  • Magic is not well known, and is not readily available; exhausts the user

FqxYF8A.jpg

Vampires |

Contrary to belief, Vampires are indeed humans. Although their exact origin is unknown, Vampires are humans that have specific Vampiric Gene within them. Many of the Vampires in Corset, were born the way they are. Although Vampires can eat like regular humans, they have very little need to do so. They can survive by simply devouring and drinking blood of humans and/or animals. Often, Vampires will catch wandering humans within the Malen Forest, or hunt for animals. They can devour meat raw, and can also survive several days without any water or food, although their bodies will generally get weaker until they replenish. They don’t have extraordinary strength compared to regular humans, unless they transmute to their true vampiric form.

In their regular human forms, Vampires are generally more pale skinned (although this isn’t always the case). There often isn’t anything out of the ordinary in terms of their appearance compared to regular humans, so often they may be able to hide in crowds, unless people really study their appearance. Because of this, many Vampires will still refrain from wandering into regular humans, unless they plan to kill them.

In their True Form, Vampires alter not only their appearance, but also their abilities. Generally, some traits all vampires share in their transformation, are their signature fangs, large protruding wings, as well as a more noticeable feral appearance. Often blood flow will increase throughout the body giving a more vascular appearance to the Vampire, and their nails will also grow. Vampires are also able to glide and fly decent distances in this form, and are granted a decent strength boost as well. Some Vampires even gain muscular size after transformation. Vampires will transmute to this form in dangerous situations, and to fight.

Transforming costs the Vampire a lot of energy, and they will often be exhausted after being transformed. Because of this, many Vampires will still hunt with a typical weapons such as arrows, crossbows, swords, spears etc for their food and blood. Any injuries will also be healed upon transforming, if the Vampire still has the energy to transform. However, any damage done to the Vampire during the transformed state, will still be present even after their revert. Getting blood or meat in time, will often speed up the Vampiric healing process. Heavy damage such as limbs are also able to grow back, in a few days time if the Vampire is given enough blood and nutrients. It should also be noted that Vampires cannot drink Demon blood, as it is poisonous.

Pros:
  • Increased Strength during transformation
  • Capable of flight during Transformation
  • Able to go for longer period of time without food/only blood needed
  • Can heal upon transformation, and by drinking blood to speed up recovery

Cons:
  • Can be harder blend in with crowds
  • Silver weapons/items can deal great damage to them
  • Transforming can exhaust them, and sometimes leave them incapacitated
  • Susceptible to Holy magic. Performing Healing magic on them can also damage them, instead of healing them.

Rgp8fb8.jpg

Werewolves |

Like Vampires, Werewolves are also humans. Again, likewise, Werewolves are humans born with the Werewolf gene. Their exact origin is unknown as well, but the humans that live in Kavenhold were all born with the gene. Like humans and unlike Vampires, Werewolves need to eat like regular humans. They function the exact same as regular humans in terms of needs for nutrition, however, they are able to eat raw meat in their transformed state. They also do not have any extraordinary strength in their human state, compared to regular humans.

When transformed, their Werewolf state resembles a typical wolf, however, much larger in size, comparable to a horse in terms of sheer size. It can be said if you come across a wolf of this size, you can rest assured it is a human with the Werewolf gene. In this Werewolf state, they are much stronger and able to navigate the wilderness much more agile than in their human state, and cover great distances by running, and getting away from predicaments. They also will typically transform to this state if they need kill larger animals, demons, other humans, and even Vampires. Similar to Vampires, transforming costs energy, and can exhaust if used in excess. Most humans will become naked after transforming, due to the tearing of the clothes during transformation. Should also be noted, they cannot eat Demon flesh, as it will kill them due to the poisonous nature of their blood. Many Werewolves will still hunt in their human state with regular weapons, instead of transforming, as to avoid the hassle unless necessary.

Pros:
  • Increased Strength and Speed whilst transformed
  • Able to hide in crowds a tad easier than Vampires to avoid detection
  • Can also heal upon transforming, however, not to the extent of Vampires. However, they are able to benefit from Healing Magic

Cons
  • Cannot speed up healing process by eating (comparable to that of regular humans)
  • Transformation can exhaust them, and prove fatal if used in excess
  • Cannot regrow limbs (Unless magic is used)

zKbAIbW.jpg

Demons |

Demons are the absolute abomination of this world. They come in many different sizes and shapes, and most seemingly exist only for the purpose of eating other living things, mainly humans whether they be Vampires or Werewolves. Nobody knows their true origins and how they came to exist, however, they are a common enemy no matter which side you belong to. Most of the demons reside in the Malen Forest, and although the lesser demons tend to roam near the tree line, they do get much more sinister and monstrous the deeper into the forest you go. Because of this, many humans (Werewolves and Vampires included), will not go incredibly deep inside.

Rumours as of late, have revealed that something malicious lies in the centre of the forest. Something that could bring the end of all humans living in the surrounding towns. Demons for the most part not sentient, and don’t seem to be organized like Humans. However, occasionally, some Demons capable of speech are seen, although extremely rare. It is unknown why these Demons are capable of speech and thinking comparable to that of a human, however, they are still exterminated by humans. In fact, these demons are so rare, that they are considered rumours.

Pros:
  • Their abilities are incredibly varied; some can regenerate, some can spit poison, some have claws, etc.
  • Their appearances and size are also varied
  • Stronger than humans, and can also put up a fight against Werewolves and Vampires even in their transformed states, depending on the demon.

Cons:
  • Susceptible to Magic of all kinds
  • Steel and Silver weapons is a major weakness
  • Majority of them are not intelligent and cannot think to a higher level

The Roleplay |

Now that the character/lore parts are finished, I can explain the role-play more! This role-play is set in a typical medieval fantasy setting, and is mostly going to be a sandbox style role-play. This means that although there is an overarching plot line for the most part, I am allowing the players to interact with each other as much as possible. Players will be able to create ONE character that belongs to one of the 4 ‘Factions’ so to speak, and we will work from there. For example. The first chapter will revolve around a particular plot point, and the players are free to interact with each other, as long as the plot point for that chapter has been resolved. We rinse and repeat for the next chapter and so on.

The first chapter will be simply revolving around everyone’s characters getting set up in the world, and depending on everyone’s factions, you will have a particular task for your character to accomplish. This will become much more clear in the discussion, and the start of the role-play. Fighting among players is also allowed.

This role-play will be mostly set within Ivesburg, The Malen Forest, Corset, and Kavenhold for now. Depending on your faction, that will be your hometown/place. If you play as a Demon, your character will be Sentient.

Sign-Up Form |

Name:

Class/Race:

Appearance:

Personality:

Background:

Weapon:

Magic:

Other:

Okay, I have a couple of questions.

1. Are all these factions opposed to one another? Humans vs. Werewolves vs. Vampires vs. Demons? Or is the roleplay looking to pit the separate factions into some kind of alliance pending the overarching story? I ask because I have the notion to write up a human whose family is steeped in a history of hunting werewolves. She would have traveled to the region in search of the creatures, seeking to root them out and destroy them. And that would be her driving motivator in the roleplay.

2. Are the werewolves affected by silver? I noticed that both Vampires and Demons are affected by it. But the werewolves had no mention.
Silver is traditionally a foil to werewolves, so I was wondering if this was just something that got looked over.

3. Since Vampires and Werewolves are both also human, do they also have access to magic like mundane humans do?

4. What is the expected post content for the players (paragraph, multi-paragraph, etc.)?
And what is the expected posting rate (daily, a couple times a week, etc.)?

Last edited:
Okay, I have a couple of questions.

1. Are all these factions opposed to one another? Humans vs. Werewolves vs. Vampires vs. Demons? Or is the roleplay looking to pit the separate factions into some kind of alliance pending the overarching story? I ask because I have the notion to write up a human whose family is steeped in a history of hunting werewolves. She would have traveled to the region in search of the creatures, and that would be her driving motivator in the roleplay.

2. Are the werewolves affected by silver? I noticed that both Vampires and Demons are affected by it. But the werewolves had no mention. Silver is traditionally a foil to werewolves, so I was wondering if this was just something that got looked over.

3. What is the expected post content for the players (paragraph, multi-paragraph, etc.)?
And what is the expected posting rate (daily, a couple times a week, etc.)?
Hey! Good questions, I will try my best to answer them accordingly :)

1) it’s a bit of both - yes indeed, the factions are opposed to each other for the most part. They consider each other to be enemies due to their differences (although it’s not totally uncommon to see members of the factions to be friendly/cordial to each other if situations call for it). As per plot, yes, there is an overarching plot (more like smaller plot-lines) where there is a common enemy, however, whether or not you want your character to permanently change how they feel about the other factions Is totally up to you. I think your werewolf hunting idea is a great one personally, that fits this world!

2) that was my mistake, silver does indeed affect werewolves as well, good catch! I apologize for the confusion there.

3) generally speaking, I Like a decent paragraph at least, ranging up to multi-paragraph. Sometning to let other players work with as well. As for posting frequency, I understand that life can be busy so I’m not too picky on that. Maybe 1-2 times a week? I don’t expect players to be posting multiple times a week, if they can’t lol.

JSPD2000 JSPD2000 okies, cool. I'll put something together tonight as time allows. Should have a CS completed in the next few hours.

How detailed or concise would you like the background in the character sheet?

JSPD2000 JSPD2000 okies, cool. I'll put something together tonight as time allows. Should have a CS completed in the next few hours.

How detailed or concise would you like the background in the character sheet?

Sounds good! I would prefer decently detailed, or at least, putting Effort in it. As long as it’s not barebones I don’t mind haha :)

WIP

Name: The Web Weaver
spider_demon_concept_by_awkwardos_ddw4ws8-pre.jpg
Class/Race: Demon

You're a mean one
You really are a heel
You're as cuddly as a cactus
You're as charming as an eel
Mr. Grinch, you're a bad banana
Mr. Grinch, with the greasy black peel
You're a vile one
You got termites in your smile
You have all the tender sweetness
Of a seasick crocodile
Mr. Grinch
You're a foul one
Friends you don't have none
I wouldn't touch you with a 39-and-a-half foot pole!
You're a monster
Your heart's an empty hole
You're a goner
You got garlic in your soul
You got garlic in your soul
All them smiles homie
I turn up the frown
All them decorations
I tear em down
You can ask Max, I don't play around
Ayo, eww
Who is this mean fellow
With his skin all green and his teeth all yellow? (Eww)
What you so mad for?
Halloween come around and we ain't knockin' at your door, mane
Mr. Grinch you're a bad banana
You're gonna spoil everybody with your bad attitude
(Spoil everybody)
Mr. Grinch
La-la-la-la
Who is this mean fellow
With his skin all green and his teeth all yellow?
(La-la-la-la)
What you so mad for?
Halloween come around and we ain't knocking on your door
(La-la)
Bad banana

Background:
Weapon: None
Abilities:
Other:

1cdbfa07e9b90ba997066fd957fbc442 (1).png

Name: Kori Aegürsdottir of Clan Månespiser

Sex: Female

Race: Human

Class: Commoner

Vulgar and crude are apt descriptors to the demeanor of this comely clanswoman. Raised in the aspect of a hunter and warrior, the mannerisms of civilized folk are utterly lost on Kori.

The barbarian is self-serving and guises her arrogance with a thin veil of "honor" and "duty". But in truth, Kori seeks glory and fame (or infamy) in the ways only an egomaniac would.

Kori's people hail from the far, frigid North; The Nordland, in their native tongue. Hers is a clan of hunters that has pursued the werewolf across varied realms and lands, going generations back to their days of tribal conquests. The Månespiser Clan is well known in their homeland for their proclivity to hunting and slaughtering the beasts, as well as ferreting them out in human form. There is hardly a chronicle in their history that is without a mention of the clan's dispute with the lycanthropic creatures.

The Nordlander faith is one of many gods. In their dogma, Fenri is the wicked father of the Ulvenstor, the Great Wolves. Or as they are known in many other parts of the world: Werewolves. Kori's people believe that all Ulvenstor are a blight on the world, and that their clan's work is the will of the gods. Their craft has been passed down and perfected over hundreds of years. And Kori picked up the trade in traditional fashion.

In recent years however, the number of Ulvenstor in the Nordlands has practically disappeared. Without a path to violence and glory, the clan grew soft and atrophied in their craft. When the clan chief died anticlimactically of pneumonia, Kori inherited his title as his only living offspring. What was left of the clan disbanded with the chief's death, having little faith in the young woman to lead them. Kori is effectively the last of the Månespiser Clan.

Taking her pride and her father's heirloom battleax, the young barbarian set off for distant lands. She kept her ears open to talk of anything that might allude to the presence of Ulvenstor. Tall tales spoken in taverns over pints of ale, as well as whispered rumors traded by road-wary travelers eventually brought the huntress to distant Ivesburg. In this bustling city lay the path that Kori would tread to rekindling her clan's glory and honor. The name of Månespiser would once again be praised and sung over hearth fires for the fearless endeavors she would carve out from the hides of the local werewolves.

Weapon:
  • Æres tann is the name bestowed on the ancient greataxe that Kori wields. It belonged to her father, and his father before him, on up the line of generations of prestigious Ulvejager (Wolfhunters). The steel axe is gilded in silver and inset with runes said to give it power to slay the Ulvenstor. Whether it is actually magical is dubious. But the axe has claimed more than threescore heads of various werewolves since the time of Kori's great grandfather. The axe is said to "sing" when in the presence of a werewolf, alerting the wielder to their presence even if they are in human form.
Aside from the heirloom axe, Kori employs a variety of weapons against her lupine nemesis, to include:​
  • Bow and Arrow (silver tipped heads)
  • A large dagger that she constantly brandishes, often needlessly.
  • Snares and pitfalls (often laced with poison)

Magic:
  • Kori does not have magical abilities.

Other:
  • An expert in hunting and trapping, Kori is specialized in picking up the trail of all kinds of animals in the wilderness.
  • Can dress minor wounds and injuries occurring in the field (though she's hardly an expert).
  • She has a small degree of experience in animal husbandry, as well.
  • Kori enjoys a good brew as much as the next swarthy tavern-goer and had a surprising tolerance for alcohol.

Last edited:
View attachment 1062235

Name: Kori Aegürsdottir of Clan Månespiser

Sex: Female

Vulgar and crude are apt descriptors to the demeanor of this comely clanswoman. Raised in the aspect of a hunter and warrior, the mannerisms of civilized folk are utterly lost on Kori.

The barbarian is self-serving and guises her arrogance with a thin veil of "honor" and "duty". But in truth, Kori seeks glory and fame (or infamy) in the ways only an egomaniac would.

Kori's people hail from the far, frigid North; The Nordland, in their native tongue. Hers is a clan of hunters that has pursued the werewolf across varied realms and lands, going generations back to their days of tribal conquests. The Månespiser Clan is well known in their homeland for their proclivity to hunting and slaughtering the beasts, as well as ferreting them out in human form. There is hardly a chronicle in their history that is without a mention of the clan's dispute with the lycanthropic creatures.

The Nordlander faith is one of many gods. In their dogma, Fenri is the wicked father of the Ulvenstor, the Great Wolves. Or as they are known in many other parts of the world: Werewolves. Kori's people believe that all Ulvenstor are a blight on the world, and that their clan's work is the will of the gods. Their craft has been passed down and perfected over hundreds of years. And Kori picked up the trade in traditional fashion.

In recent years however, the number of Ulvenstor in the Nordlands has practically disappeared. Without a path to violence and glory, the clan grew soft and atrophied in their craft. When the clan chief died anticlimactically of pneumonia, Kori inherited his title as his only living offspring. What was left of the clan disbanded with the chief's death, having little faith in the young woman to lead them. Kori is effectively the last of the Månespiser Clan.

Taking her pride and her father's heirloom battleax, the young barbarian set off for distant lands. She kept her ears open to talk of anything that might allude to the presence of Ulvenstor. Tall tales spoken in taverns over pints of ale, as well as whispered rumors traded by road-wary travelers eventually brought the huntress to distant Ivesburg. In this bustling city lay the path that Kori would tread to rekindling her clan's glory and honor. The name of Månespiser would once again be praised and sung over hearth fires for the fearless endeavors she would carve out from the hides of the local werewolves.

Weapon:
  • Æres tann is the name bestowed on the ancient greataxe that Kori wields. It belonged to her father, and his father before him, on up the line of generations of prestigious Ulvejager (Wolfhunters). The steel axe is gilded in silver and inset with runes said to give it power to slay the Ulvenstor. Whether it is actually magical is dubious. But the axe has claimed more than threescore heads of various werewolves since the time of Kori's great grandfather. The axe is said to "sing" when in the presence of a werewolf, alerting the wielder to their presence even if they are in human form.
Aside from the heirloom axe, Kori employs a variety of weapons against her lupine nemesis, to include:​
  • Bow and Arrow (silver tipped heads)
  • A large dagger that she constantly brandishes, often needlessly.
  • Snares and pitfalls (often laced with poison)

Magic:
  • Kori does not have magical abilities.

Other:
  • An expert in hunting and trapping, Kori is specialized in picking up the trail of all kinds of animals in the wilderness.
  • Can dress minor wounds and injuries occurring in the field (though she's hardly an expert).
  • She has a small degree of experience in animal husbandry, as well.
  • Kori enjoys a good brew as much as the next swarthy tavern-goer and had a surprising tolerance for alcohol.
Awesome character sheet! You are accepted :) I’ll update the main post to add your character! I should also have my character up by tomorrow as well, and hopefully have the actual roleplay thread up this week/weekend!

bumping 'cause threads don't bump themselves, yeah?

Tossing my hat in! Hopefully this bio is acceptable and not too rambling. Let me know if ya have any questions!

tomasz-ryger-lesnix-min.jpg

Image courtesy of the talented Tomasz Ryger on Artstation

Name: Rouke Daw

Appearance: When not stooped over an animal's tracks or crouched in a thicket with his bow drawn, Rouke Daw stands at 6'1, with an easy, leaning posture that suggests he is relaxed and confident. His skin is rough and weathered, aged from a life exposed to the elements. A few stray greys are mixed into his dark brown hair. Rouke's keen eyes, accented by crow's feet, seem almost permanently narrowed in something between amusement and alertness. Rouke's body is lean with muscle, slightly obscured, though by no means hidden, by a thin layer of fat, and much is covered by coarse black hair. Keen observers of Rouke's shirtless torso will notice that his left shoulder is slightly more muscular than his right, a physical trademark all archers gain from repeatedly drawing a heavy bow. A collection of scars mar his skin, most insignificant, save for one thick and twisted line that stretches from his left shoulder to his right hip.

Rouke's fashion sense is simple and utilitarian; plain cloth, leather, comfortable boots, and cloaks of unassuming color comprise his day-to-day attire. His clothes are well-worn but usually clean, and neatly repaired in some areas.

Personality: Upon first meeting him, Rouke seems like an unusual, but not unlikeable ranger. He has a remarkable memory for faces, and is quick to greet someone he's met only twice as a friend. Those that know him, however, will eventually realize he has no friends. Acquaintances, yes. Customers, yes. Bedmates, yes. But there is a certain distance he maintains between himself and others, even if he is quick to buy you an ale or help load up your wagon. Those closest to Rouke know practically nothing about him, save for his talent as a ranger and love of nature. However, this distance feels entirely natural to those that know him. Any question deeper than, "How's the forest today?" will have Rouke giving you an answer entirely to your satisfaction, only for you to realize later he didn't even answer it. Perhaps this is a barrier he maintains purposefully, or perhaps there is simply nothing deeper there, just his need to explore the forest.

The Malen Forest, and the secrets it holds, are Rouke's one true passion. Almost compulsively he seeks it out, becoming fidgety after too long in town as if he were afraid the forest will disappear. It is a near-religious experience for him to delve into the woods, returning with secrets he eagerly shares, like a prophet who has spoken with the Gods. Many other rangers of the Malen forest guard their knowledge greedily, fearing competition from others. Perhaps Rouke doesn't participate in this rivalry because he has so much more experience over the younger rangers, or perhaps he feels compelled to share his findings to keep them alive. Then again, he may just want to preserve his legacy in the form of wisdom, passed down to others, be they tenderfoot rangers of one of the many scholars documenting the strange forest.

Rouke is all too aware of his age, considered close to advanced for a ranger. His is a hard life that wears the body down early, and he recognizes that he is not as strong, not as fast as he once was. What he lacks in youth, though, Rouke makes up for with experience, especially his ever-expanding knowledge of the Malen Forest and its inhabitants. Besides, after his forced campaign in the south, Rouke distains violence against any sentient being, only taking action to defend himself or others. Rouke relies on his skills as a ranger, along with sharp eyes and ears, to avoid conflict or direct confrontation whenever possible. Still, he fears the day when his body begins to fail him, and he is no longer capable of venturing into the forest; there are still so many secrets left undiscovered.

Background: If you asked every living man, woman, and child in Ivesburg who knew Rouke (and that would be a shocking many), the compiled knowledge of his life story would barely amount to a full sentence. "Rouke arrived in Ivesburg maybe seventeen years ago and has been here ever since. I think he came from the west?"

In truth, Rouke came from the east; far to the east, in a wild land that few in Ivesburg have never heard of. A land of untamed wilderness with only a few meager human settlements that survived on a knife's edge, and more than a few bandits comprised of exiles from more civilized regions. Rouke was born in these woods, the first of many to a pair of hunters who quickly found themselves overwhelmed with mouths to feed. Still, his parents loved their children deeply in their way, teaching them how to survive in their harsh corner of the world. Tracking, stalking, hunting, trapping, riding, and herbalism were the basics, but Rouke also gained a unique insight into the natural world. How it breathed, it moved, like a living creature. To read the signs of a sick forest, or to watch and listen to the birds who warned approaching beasts. Rouke spent his early years in these dark, dangerous woods, and though he loved both the untamed wilderness and his family, Rouke also burned with curiosity to see the world beyond. A desire to see other forests and what secret they might hold. So at the age of 15, Rouke set off to see the world. At least, the uninhabited parts anyways.

For five years, Rouke traveled extensively throughout the realm. He learned as much from his occasional traveling companions as he did the creatures of the woods, observing both keenly to learn the ways of their unique worlds. It wasn't long before Rouke learned intimately one of mankind's favorite topics: war. In a desert kingdom to the south named Kaladere, a civil war raged between the king and the wealthy merchant class. Rouke was involuntarily recruited to fight for the elite burghers. While Rourke never excelled in soldiery, he quickly adapted to the scorched environment and proved to be a talented scout and guide across the constantly shifting dunes. Perhaps too talented. After four years of forced servitude and combat, Rouke successfully fled the losing army on foot, struggling through the scorched wasteland toward home.

After nine years away, Rouke found his woodland home much changed. Gone was much of the sprawling grassland and towering trees, replaced with villages, towns, and even a modest castle under construction. Rouke's parents were now the de-facto leaders of a growing town where once his tiny childhood home had stood. He stayed for a few months, recovering his strength and reacquainting himself with loved ones, but the carefully managed woods had lost the magic they once held for him. Rumors reached his home, stories of a land far to the west where an untouched wildland stood, dark and dangerous, called the Malen Forest. Rouke immediately set off for this new challenge, a welcome change after years of bloody civil war.

Ever since his arrival, Rouke has spent the past 16 years delving deeper and deeper into the Malen Forest. He feels bound to the woods, driven by a near-obsessive desire to explore the forest in its entirety. Every time he ventures in, Rouke discovers new landmarks, strange creatures, paths that weren't there before, and entirely foreign sections altogether. Maps he has drawn prove useless; among the constantly shifting trees, one has to rely on instinct and intuition alone. Rouke has made a comfortable living in Ivesburg by guiding travelers, pilgrims, and merchants through the dangerous forest, as well as hunting the wood's unusually large game and foraging plants with unusual properties that only grow under the Malen Forest's shade. He has become something of a household name among the commoners of Ivesburg, and even some nobles, for his affable nature and deep knowledge of the Malen Forest. Like many rangers, Rouke even has occasional dealings with the werewolves of Kavenhold and the vampires of Corset. The werewolves are excellent companions, kindred spirits with a love for the woods and all things wild, but Rouke is unnerved by the vampires; many of them hunt humans, and he keeps his dealings with them as brief as possible.

Weapon: Like any ranger of the Malen Forest worth their salt, Rouke carries two swords, both on his right hip or slung on Indra: a simple, strong longsword with a blade of silver, and a steel shortsword he lugs around for less exotic enemies. Rouke keeps a hunting knife on his belt simply for gutting animals, and may also carry a 70-pound ash longbow across his back with a quiver containing a variety of arrows. Blunt points for small game, broadheads of iron and silver for big "game", and armor-piercing bodkins, Gods help him, if he should run into a demon. Rouke's favorite weapon is avoiding a fight altogether, but he prefers the bow given the chance.

Magic: Rouke can spit pretty far. That's almost magic, right?

Other:
  • Rouke's trusted companion is a friendly 70-pound black mutt named Nosewise.
  • His less trusted companion is a bay mare named Indra, who tends to bite.
  • Rouke owns a modest home in the heart of Ivesburg's market district, though he spends little time there save to rest his head between excursions into the Malen Forest.
  • Rouke's closest friend is his former ranger apprentice, Zaydfa, a native of Kaladere who ended up in Ivesburg 5 years ago. She is a successful ranger in her own right now, and is constantly urging Rouke to take on a new fledgling ranger.

Last edited:
Corn Orc Vandal Corn Orc Vandal : Looks good to me! Your character is accepted! I will have the roleplay thread up in a day or so :) Here is also my CS (Still trying to find a good image for him):

Name
Hainer Moradi

Class/Race
Werewolf

Appearance
Hainer stands tall, being around 191cm. Working in a local mill and the docks by the lake from a young age and generally working out, has given Hainer a rather strong and muscular build at around 14-15 Stone (90-92kg/190-200lbs). His hair is black and somewhat short. He is generally clean shaven on the face, rarely growing out his beard. In terms of imperfections, there are no real or overbearing blemishes or acne on his face, and his skin is a bit swarthy.

Hainer can generally be seen wearing a button up, cream-coloured tunic, with the sleeves ending right before his elbows. The sleeves are cuffed, and the tunic stops at the waist similar to his uniform. On top of this cream tunic, he wears a white Vest, with a red-violet colour for the inside of the vest, and gold trim on the outside. As for the bottom portion of his body, he generally sticks to his usual light brown pants, with dark brown boots.

When transformed, his Wolf is light brown in colour in terms of fur, and there’s a slight mane around his neck, in his Wolf state. His wolf’s size is rather large, similar to that of a horse such as a Clydesdale. He generally utilizes this form when he is faced with certain adversities, however, seldom transforms.

Personality
It can be said that Hainer is kind-hearted man. Polite and well-mannered, he generally is open to most people. He does indeed strive to make sure the townsfolk of Kavenhold feel safe, especially in a bleak world where death can be lurking everyday. It can also be said he tends to give people the benefit of the doubt, as naive as that may seem. Although he knows to generally stay away from regular humans and vampires who wish to harm him, he would generally not stray from those in need. He enjoys sparking up conversation with random people, and more often than not, gives people the benefit of the doubt as mentioned before, when it comes to certain things. Because of this, there have been many times when he has been ripped off, or has the wool pulled over his eyes and taken advantage of. Despite this, it can be said that he is a rather just person by nature when it comes down to it. Hainer is generally a logical person, however, he can be rattled easily if one were to push the right buttons.

Background
Growing up in Kavenhold, Hainer’s family moved to the town when they were very young, around 2 years old. According to his Aunt, they originally came from an unnamed city in the east, where they had to flee to due their ‘condition’. His parents were both killed, on a fateful evening one night when the town of Kavenhold was raided by surrounding towns, Corset and Ivesburg, by both Vampires and Humans. As of right now, his only family known is his Aunt Mara, whom he resides with in a house on the edge of town. Hainer currently spends his days helping around the town, going on hunts, and otherwise living his day-to-day life as he sees fit.

Weapon
He often carries around a longsword, strapped around his waist on a sash that slings around his body. He will generally carry this sword around if he intends to go into the forest.

Magic
N/A

Other
N/A

Users who are viewing this thread

Back