• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Hunt or be Hunted (DergTheDragon x Myla)

Aros rolls his eyes at Sina's eagerness to accept this whole mate superstition. She was young and Nasive' and according to Aros was dead wrong. It would explain why someone like Tyros, the friend of Aros' that was rumored to have run off with an angel, had done so, not to mention Sina's devotion to Hector... be Aros' beliefs just didn't allow for it to fully register in his mind just yet. The next morning, Hector nods to Sina's words and says "yes, the cold could still get pretty bad, as we are underground technically, so let's hope it doesn't." Aros groans tiredly as Sina wakes him up, mumbling, "Fine, just give me a few minutes jeez." A short while later, Aros emerges from the tent. "Let's get going then."

Hector, Sina and Aros then began exploring the cave. It was huge, mostly dark with light beams occasionally coming in from above, and desolate-looking apart from small trees and other plants growing in some of the sunny patches. They gathered firewood and food as they went, though they ultimately didn't find much before Aros stopped and sniffed the air a bit. "Hold up. I smell something," he grunted, sniffing a bit more. "No, someone... smells like a wolf." His voice grew husky and dark with those last threre words. "Wait... what? that can't be," he whispered confusedly as he sniffed the air a bit more, his eyes widening for a second, looking to Sina then he shook his head. "Nevermind. Maybe we should just ignore her- ignore it." Aros suddenly seemed anxious, for good reason. He swore he smelled a lone, female werewolf, and the sweet, pleasant scent that is said to come along with smelling one's soulmate. Of course, Hector had to push towards himself and Sina finding out about it , bringing up the fair point that ignore the scent of wolves was unwise. Hector smelled something off for sure now that he was trying to smell what Aros did but, his nose isn't near as sharp as Aros', his sense of smell honed over centuries. Aros sighed, continuing to protest would seem very suspicious. Alright, follow me... in fact, move a bit in front of me." The farther I am away from her, the less this will affect me, Aros told himself. An odd order, but Hector followed it anyway. Aros led the mto a small corner of the cave where the injuring female lay.

Upon seeing her, Hector's eyes widened. "Thankfully, she seems in no condition to fight us." "You aren't thinking of healing her, are you?" Aros' eyes widende, as hee realized that although he wanted those words to sound condemning, they sounded hopeful, as if deep down her wanted Hector to heal her. "we should just... We should just... we should... n-nevermind." "What the hell is going on with me?!' Aros thought in shock. He was trying to say "we should just kill her," but the words just wouldn't come out, and he felt a deep, inexplicable sense of guilt at even thinking of saying those words. Hector sighed, looking sympathetically towards the werewolf, then spoke up. "I know this is risky Aros, but she probably won't be able to do much to us three on her own, and I honestly wouldn't be able to forgive myself if i don't help her. "is it alright if i do, Sina? If she'll even let me near her, that is." Hector looked towards Sina for her answer. Aros glanced thier direction anxiously, simultaneously hoping that Sina lets him heal the woman and wondering why he cared so damn much.

Sia looks at him finding his behavior quite odd. As Hector walked ahead, Sina walked beside Aros being concerned, "You're not the type to 'ignore' a person that may or may not be a threat, you usually face it head on or think of something logically. You asked if we could walk in front of you... What the hell is going on with you? You're acting quite strange. Are you alright?" As they reach Maylani, she doesn't exactly hear their footsteps. All she could heal was the hollow ringing in her ears from losing so much blood. Then she hears the others talking, but doesnt quite comprehend what they're saying causing her to automatically sit up, "Who go-" She gasps and whimpers as pain shoots through her from moving so quickly with wound. However, suddenly she smells something that wakes her up from the inside out. Usually, werewolves could easily recognize their mate the first instance they meet them due to the fact that a lot of wolves live to find their mate. She mumbles very incoherently looking towards Aros direction, "M-mate."

Sina nods quickly, but surprised at the hope coming from Aros, "Yes, go help her. Please hurry she doesn't look to good. It looks like they got her pretty well in the side." As Hector goes off to help her, she didn't understand what Maylani was staying. However, seeing Aros expression towards the girl and finally understanding what the girl was saying, Sina gasps as it clicks on on her head, "Goddammit Aros! I fucking told you and you didn't believe me!"

Aros Ignores Sina calling attention to his behavior as best he can. " I'm fine. You can't smell the aura about this wolf to the extent I can... it doesn't bode well." That was all he said in response. A few moments later, when he was actually close to the female in question, he realized just how futile his attempt to deceive his traveling companions was, unable not to give off all the signs of attracting looking upon her for the first time. Even that paled in comparison to how much he had been deceiving himself. He wanted to deny it but he just couldn't, he felt relieved as Hector raced her her side and he saw the wounds begin to stop bleeding and close up. He barely heard her say "mate," from where he stood, somehow clear while Sina and Hector would both have a hard time deciphering the word. As such, it took Sina a few moments to figure out what was going on, and during that whole time he was fighting in his mind between the side that wanted to accept what he felt toward the wolf, and the side that simply didn't.

Once Sina pieced together the clues from the word the wolf had said and Aros not able to tear his eyes from her, Aros found himself sighing in defeat. He still gazed upon the wolf, still being healed by Hector, but this time partly to have an excuse to avoid looking at his sister's face right now. "Yeah yeah... for the record, if you where there for the centuries of war between our kind, Lycans, and angels, knowing what we're all taught about thier eradication being our only means of freedom, I highly doubt you'd be as accepting of Hector as you were. Old habits die hard.... the older, the harder..." He trailed off, shook his head and finally gave into this overwhelming force compelling him to step closer to the wolf, not walk away and turn his back like the still- stubborn part of him wanted to.

As Aros approached Hector stood up with a sigh, loking a little tired from healing such deep wounds. "She was nearly gone... if we found her just moments later she'd be dead. "Oh shut up!" Aros suddenly snapped at him. Looking up at Aros in confusion, Aros looked back and forth between Hector and the girl and finally said, "You're job's done pretty boy. Go keep Sina company... I'll I'll watch over her." Maylani's wounds were mostly healed, but she was unconscious and would be for a few more hours. There were some firewood and plants in the immediate area to gather while they waited. Aros stepped back from her, honestly being a bit afraid to touch her.... all this time he's honestly had a fear of his soulmate being a relationship that just couldn't work, something obviously set up by the malicious god the angels call holy to go wrong. Contrarily, right now, everything about just being near her felt... right. God was compelling Tyros to break through his shell of doubt and preconceptions far faster than he would without divine influence, as for God's plan to save the earth to work they'd need as many mate pairs from different species as possible to come together, hopefully every single one on the face of the earth. This interference by god was also, understandably, causing Aros' very off color behavior.

Hector walked up to Sina and looked to Aros for a moment. "I'd ask what's gotten into him," Hector whispered to her, "but I can feel thier bond.... a sort of sixth snese we angels have. They're soulmates... quite the coincidence to find her here, and a Lycan to boot, after the argument the other day. God works in strange ways..." Hector seemed to be marveling at this odd coincidence with a slight smile on his face. Aros, now sitting down anxiously as far away from the unconscious woman as god's influence would let him, sighed and looked down a little. This must be how Sina feels for Hector... and by extension, vice-versa... they're called soulmates for a reason, I suppose.' At this moment of truthfulness to himself, Aros suddenly felt a pleasant a sense of calm that overshadowed his deep angst and hatred, which was nearly all he'd felt for centuries. Demons may be inclined to negative emotions, but certain things can still override them... like this fairy tale-like experience of finding your soul mate, it would seem. Hector looked back towards Sina and asked, "why don't we gather some things while Aros is figuring this out? I'll keep an eye on her to see if she wakes, we won't stray far.

@Myla

Sina sighs and pats Aros' shoulder as she talks softly, "Yes, I wasn't there for those centuries of war and you may think I don't understand since all you see from me is the pure devotion and love I have for Hector and because I'm a lot younger than you, but I do and a lot better than you think. Let's not forget that you drilled into my head not to trust an angel ever since I could remember. I also have had plenty of reasons not to trust one starting from the fact that they beat me to a plup, left uneraseable scars on my body and done plenty of unnamed, cruel acts to me because of that war. However, one can't hold that against their mate. You'll need your mate in order to survive in the future. Plus, you wouldn't want to live without her. If you choose to, you'll live for centuries at war with yourself saying 'I could've,' I 'should've,' 'I would've.' You don't need that type of torment in your life. Besides, what happens if one day Hector and I aren't here or we can't help? She'll be the only one you'll have to depend on. She's your mate for a reason, don't push her away quite yet."

Sina looks Maylani on the floor and thinks to herself concerned, Please be good to him, we're all he's got. He's stubborn, but he's going to need his mate and you're going to need patience. Sina nods at Hector following him, "I could tell they were mates by the look on the girl's face. Werewolves usually find out much faster than we do. Unlike us where we would have to figure it out, the smell of their mate just hits them and they know automatically." She says the next part quietly to where Aros can't hear her, "However, I do think she's just as old as Aros. I could tell by when she had her eyes open earlier, she has the same wise look that Aros has. I imagine she's an elder because usually the older the werewolf, the more of a chance they're an elder. I'm all up for Aros having his mate, but it's terrifying to think that she is an elder because you'll never know how well she'll take to us being demons."

Maylani stayed unconscious on the floor for a while. When she wakes up, Maylani groans softly feeling sore, but doesn't feel the intense pain she earlier. Confused, Maylani opens her eyes blinking a few times. She looks down at her side and talks softly, but hoarsely, "W-what happened? I was sure I was stabbed, but it's gone.." At that momment two scents coming from Aros hit her at the same time. The first scent was the heavenly scent of her mate which made all the cells in her body tingle with excitement, but the second scent was that he was a demon and that scared her. Being torn apart between the two emotions, Maylani didn't know how to act or what to say. In the many centuries she lived, she has never seen anything like this. Sure, she's heard rumors, but never actually have had it proven to her. She mumbles softly through her jumble of thoughts and emotions, "But how is this possible?.."

Aros, looking down deep in thought, trying to come to terms with his own mix of conflicting emotions, suddenly heard a groan coming from the sleeping Maylani. He didn't feel ready for her to wake up, to have to interact with her, but through his centuries of living in constantly dangerous situations, Aros knew that he couldn't expect to be ready for most of the things that come unexpectedly... that is the nature of unexpected events. He turned to look at her, cautiously, and after she spoke up confusedly, as much as he wanted to stay silent he felt compelled to answer her. His tone even, as calm and emotionless as he could manage with a hint of unintended concern, he said "you were stabbed, and bleeding to death... an Angel saved you." What frustrated Aros the most is that part of him was very grateful to Hector for saving Maylani, but the other half still wanted nothing to do with him. Aros is nothing if not stubborn at his age, and pretty much stopped being open to new ideas centuries ago... he was starting to think that maybe, this wasn't so bad... but his preconceptions about werewolves kept him fighting the idea of being her mate just that little bit, for now.

Suddenly, Aros looked to Maylani and could see her shock. She probably just realized who he was... the fact he was her mate, and the fact he was a demon... all at once. The wisdom in her eyes suggests she's seen the conflict between thier peoples for just as long, too, if not longer... this further weakened Aros' belief that this would work, but also in a strange way strengthened his reolve to try. If he could will himself to love er unconditionally, and the other way around as well, there is said to be eternal bliss between soulmates once they give themselves to one another. Seeing how happy his sister was with Hector, and thinking over what she had said earlier, it wa s just a little easier to belevie it now... especially with this lingering feeling of relief hat the female was awake. She still seemed busy being in denial, for now. Aros sighed, responding to excellent question. "I do not know... What is The Holy Tyrant thinking? Seems to me he's gone out of his mind." 'The Holy Tyrant' Is the name alot of Demons, and werewolves as well, give to god, and god is said to pair up all soulmates, a universally excepted trurth even among Demons. With these words it would be clear that Aros new they were mates as well. "What do they call you? I am Aros," he said quietly.

Meanwhile, Hector and Sina had explored a good chunk of the cave, and gathered a few necessary materials. Heading back, Hector saw that Maylani was sitting up, and he looked to Sina. "Looks like she's awake now... let's approach slowly, see how she reacts to us... we don't want to startle her, she seems to be interacting with Aros right now." Looking to Sina for her answer, he then glanced back to see how the two were getting along, a bit nervous about the possible outcomes to be honest.

Maylani sighs running her hand through her hair when Aros saids she was stabbed and bleeding to death. She talks softly frowning as she remembers whay happened, "The elders were attacked. I was suppose to become one today and go through the ritual, but this army of people came swarming in. I couldnt tell what they were, the smells were confusing. Almost as if they tried to mask it. I got away by swimming through the lake. However, I didn't notice a man was hidden among the lake. I couldn't smell him inside the lake. Midstride, swam up to me and stabbed me. I took the sword out of my side and killed him. I walked as far as I could and ended up in this cave." Maylani points to a sword in the corner of the room, "The sword is over there if you want to see it. I haven't seen a sword like that since I was in my adolescence." Maylani didn't really trust the demon, but she figured that he should know what happened since he was willing to help her when she was stabbed. She looks up at him and says just as quietly, "I am Maylani and what was he thinking?"

Sia nods and presses her lips together nervous. She slowly entered the room with Hector. As they entered the room, Maylani tensed up at the sight of another demon. Then she quickly became horrified. At first, she only smelt the demon and the angel. Then she became horrified at the smell of them mixed together from their bond and then she became even more horrified at the smell of Sina pregnant. It only took 15 minutes for Maylani's view on the world to twist. Being a warrior, she was always ready for the unexpected, but this she wasn't ready for. Becoming pale, she stutters, "H-how?.. That shouldn't happen. That's impossible!" She looks at Sina stomach horrified, "How are you not killed yet? People usually put those like you up to kill. That shouldn't happen! What on earth was the Hold Tyrant thinking?!" It was obvious that Maylani distrusted Sina the most and that baby wasn't helping her case at all. Sina tensed up and wrapped her arms around her stomach, but didn't say a word as she slightly glared at Maylani. The only reason Sina didn't say a word was for Aros' benefit.

Aros looked the female in the eyes asshe recounted her perspective of what had happened. Aros found himself raising his eyebrows at the mysteriousness and apparent power of these assailants that attacked her people having, killed so many elders and only a lucky initiate escaped. Whoever they were, they were certianly a dangerous adversary, for the wolves and perhaps the Demons as well.... even the angels. Aros nodded and took a close look at the sword, searching his knowledge of war and the different species to recognize who might have made or used this sword, to get an idea of who might have ambushed this wolf. As she mentioned her name he repeated "Maylani..." as if to test out her name. "I do not know..." he answered her.

As Hector and Sina approached, Maylani's reaction to the scents of Hector, Sina and thier child growing in Sina's womb brought a mostly expected reaction out of Maylani, at least in Aros' eyes. Aros stayed silent and looked between Maylani, Sina, and Hector, testing the air between them and wondering if Maylani would be stupid enough to attack in her exasperated state. Tahnkfully, she didn't seem to be going that far, and Evens Sina seemed to be holding her tongue even though she's usually the type to say what she wants to say and never hold back. Was she keeping Silent for Aros' sake? That's the only reason the male Demon could think of, and he shook his at the notion. At this point it still seemed pretty futile to try and make this relationship work, but only time would tell if it could it not. It was simply too early to assume Maylani could ever trust the three of them, even though right now it seemed like a resounding no.

At Maylani's words, Hector calmly spoke up. "She's alive because I have never and will never let anyone harm her... simple as that." Hector wrapped an arm around Sina's back for comfort. Aros sighed, and sat next to Maylani, speaking up to her. "I know it's hard to believe, but the proof's right there.... took me a while to accept it as well... no one's rushing you, y'know..." Aros kept his tone as nonchalant as possible, but he couldn't help but let a bit of the gentleness and concern for her that he felt seep through into his voice.

@Myla

Sia blushes a bit at Hector's words and leans against his side still not saying much letting Maylani get used to her. Maylani was a bit wide eyed at Hector's response never having seen an angel act like that towards a demon. Maylani felt the urge to lay her head against Aros' shoulder feeling a bit of a headache start to form, but resisted as she mumbled, "But... That's just impossible.." It felt like to take in at once since all her life Maylani has been trained to think mates should stay within their own species, anything else is completely wrong. Hell, she even fought in wars to fight against different species mating together. Besides, it was impossible for two different species to reproduce and from what Maylani knew, it brought on many dangers like people hunting down the child, the unknown effects to may cause to the mother, the possibility of both mother and child dying, etc. At one point of her life, all this were just legends. Now all these legends are coming soon and Maylani didn't know how to react. All of the sudden, Maylani felt a bit green and her head was spinning a bit as she felt her world change. Sia looks concerned at Maylani, "She looks like she's about to throw up or faint. Aros, you might want to calm her down a bit."

Hector simply stood there for a while, Sina closely at his side, noting the surprise on Maylani's face. He understood that how obviously affectionate he was towards Sina, being an angel, must be rather difficult for Maylani to wrap her head around. As he and Sina observed the rather awkward conversation between Aros and Maylani, it began to be rather difficult to watch. It was actually less of a conversation and more Aros trying to reassure Maylani and failing, and she seemed to be slipping into some sort of sickness for some reason or another. It was strange... if there was anything still physically wrong with her, Hector would be able to sense it. It's part of his healing ability. It almost seemed as though her lightheartedness was completely natural, or forced by god for some reason or another.

While Aros observed Maylani's adamant denial, he thought 'gods, she's somehow more stubborn than I am.... this is going to be a process.' Part of him felt heavily compelled to embrace her, to feel her warmth and comfort her, but he was convince these impulses were not true to himself for now. It took Sina's concerned words to have him move any closer to her, trying to think of anything else he could do than what he felt compelled to do, feeling her forehead. It was rather warm but it didn't seem like she had a fever. Now that he was this close to her though, the allure of being even closer was almost irresistible. Just as she looked like she was about to pass out, Aros tentatively began to wrap his arms gently around her, embracing her. Once he had shifted Maylani to where her head was laying against his shoulder, he felt this sudden pleasant sense of calm and contentment wash over him. For just a moment, it felt like everything in this cave, from Hector and Sina, to the sounds and smells of the place, were replaced by the sensations of being close to Maylani. He had momentarily forgotten that he was wary of her at all.

@Myla

Sina looks at Hector and says softly to him, "We should give them some privacy. They need time to work out all this mumbo jumbo. Besides, I don't think our presence is exactly helping. I mean she did become ill thinking about all of this, I think it was too soon for us to come in. Lets not forget she was attacked and injured not even a day ago. Maybe that conbine with this is what has her so ill. I think we just need to give Maylani and Aros some space. Im sure if Maylani doesnt fell well again, Aros would juse holler outhe for you, but I think she will be okay for now." Sina starts walking out giving them some space while holding Hector's hand tugging on it so he could follow her. However, before leaving, Sina takes the sword with her wanting to look at it some more. She wanted to figure out the special writing since it might give her a hint to what they're dealing with. Looking at Hector, she asks softly, "Do you know what it says? If we could figure out what it says, maybe we could find out what attacked so many elders and Maylani." She felt like they needed to find out because if these people could easily kill a bunch of elders, then they could certainly kill them without any problem.

Right as Maylani was about to pass out, she felt Aros hands against her forehead and then his arms wrapped around her. She leaned into embrace slowly wrapping her arms around him. Just as slowly, she started to calm down and her mind started to clear up. Having calmed down, her cheeks warm up blushing from their embrace and from how she nearly fainted. She's never has gotten to that point, maybe it was just everything that happened all at once that made her feel ill. Whatever it was, it went away as soon as she felt Aros' arms around her. It held her against the solid ground and his close presence just made her feel relaxed and at ease. Whispering against his shoulder a bit embarassed, Maylani whispers, "I'm sorry about that."

Last edited by a moderator:
Hector eyes Sina curiously as she begins to speak, nodding after some time. Once she was finished, Hector obediently followed her but looked back for a moment. "Yes, I think you're right. Best to give them some space." Glancing at the two as they embraced, the sight seemed to reinforce this concept, the idea that the newly-discovered mates should be left to themselves for a while. Hector raised a questioning eyebrow towards Sina as she took the sword while leaving, glancing down at it. His eyes widened as they scanned over the runes. At her question he nodded slowly. "Believe it or not I... I can read this. I've never seen this language before... but it says: 'All empires must fall, for His will to be done. The deaths of the mighty will beckon return of the Father's Son.'"

He stood in stunned silence for a while before looking to Sina with new found clarity in his eyes. "I have a hunch as to who this might've belonged to.... all angels can read Ancient Angelic, but it's rare to see it written anywhere... since I can read it that must be what it is. This sword might belong to a cult of fallen angels, who believe god's will is much darker than it actually is. If they intended to cripple Werewolf society by killing the elders, which they very well might have done, thier actions make perfect sense." His eyes then narrowed as a serious look came upon his face. "They have to be stopped. If they can find a way to cripple the demons and angels as well, heaven, hell and earth will all be thrown into chaos..." Then, another epiphany came to Hector's mind. "Wait... I think I understand why god is trying to bring so many inter-species mates together... if it's successfully done then some order and peace will remain even if they manage to strike down the hearts of each society, because as inter-species mates we must remain separate from the colonies of our individual peoples. Perhaps all we can do about this for now, is find more like us. I know this is a shot in the dark, but it all makes perfect sense from what I know."

Meanwhile, Aros continued embracing Maylani, looking up for a moment and silently thanking Sina in his mind for her decision to give them some privacy. To his astonishment, Aros could feel Maylani's breathing and heartbeat normalizing as he held her close. What it because he was here? Surely not.... did them being mates have some sort of supernatural calming effect, some sort of predetermined strong bond? It honestly felt that way but his mind couldn't process it, this didn't seem possible unless you had known a person very well for years.

Aros' thoughts were interrupted as Maylani began to stir, whispering softly. "What are you apoligizing for? You almost died, and now things you have believed for centuries are suddenly shattered by irrefutable evidence. Your reaction is perfectly normal and harmless to others." Blunt statements like this was always how Aros went about reassuring and consoling others. Many felt thier intelligence and feelings were insulted by these statements, but he always said them in order to get others to see a rational explanation to whatever they're stressing over. At the very least, thjat's what he hoped he was doing. He held her there for a little while longer before leaning back. "I'm not sure where those two have gone," Aros said ,looking around, "but knowing them I think they'll be back soon enough." He found himself grinning a little as his next statement. "The female is my sister... it's funny, I kept insisting she couldn't possibly be mated to a member of a species that has warred with our kind for centuries... but here you are, and I cannot ignore the credibility of this strange phenomenon by now. Strangely, I have a feeling that this may have some correlation with other happenings... the emergence of whoever slaughtered your elders so efficiently, for example. Perhaps the holy Tyrant hopes to stop them somehow, by building a sort of alliance between races... I doubt whoever they are are going to stop with your kind..."

@Myla

Sina mumbles to herself repeating Hector's words, "The deaths of the mighty will beckon return of the Father's Son..." Sina looks up at him with concern as she realizes something, "The deaths of the mighty... Hector, what if... What if the elders aren't the only ones they are going to attack or have already attacked? The sword describes the deaths of some strong ones, but not one specific one. What if they are planning to go after the higher ranks like the court of fae or the vampire counsel and other ones like that?" Sina turns the sword around in her hands as she continues to talk, "I think they may be targeting the leaders of any group of species. They already attack the counsel of demons and they just wiped out most of the werewolf elders, so who would be next on their target list?"

Meanwhile, a couple miles away a tall, hooded man speaks in a deep and almost silent tone to the three goblins he just summoned, "Get the demon boy and bring him to me. Ignore the demon girl and the angel, we will get them later on."

The goblins were some really ugly things. They were short, barely four feet tall. One was thin and silent, another chubby and rowdy and the third stocky and bossy. They had mangled beards that almost reached the floor and a few stray hairs on their bald heads. The clothing they were wearing was covered in grime and dirt and they wore no shoes as they walked around. The goblins also had green and brown warts scattered across their bodies and a few scars here and their. Their hands and feet were quite hugemous giving them great strength.Their oily, green skin looked as if they haven't showered for weeks and they smelt like sour milk and rotten eggs. Overall they were just a horrid sight to both smell and see. However, they are know for their green speed, short temper, and horrifying rage that would leave the ground shaking. The stocky goblin speaks up speaking in high pitch voice that made anyone want to cut out their ears, "But boss, wouldn't it be better to get the demon girl and the angel first?"

The hooded man shakes his head, "No, don't worry. They will come looking once they realize the demon is looking for that. So go on and bring me that demon. Do not fail me or all three will be severely punished. Now go!"

On that note, the goblins took off running towards the cave.

Maylani looks at Aros and nods, "Yes, I never expected to have a demon for a mate. It's quite strange and god knows how many more pairs like us are out there. However, I do have a feeling that whatever is going on, it has to be something big. When I mean big, I mean as in something that is going to bring on many deaths." As Maylani talked, the three goblins appeared in front of them. The chubby and rowdy one crackles out loud and says, "Well, well, well.. Looks like we have a pair of mates here... Boss, we be quite happy if we brought you along as well when we take the demon."

@DergTheDergon

Hector looks back at Sina with concern in his eyes at her words, almost subconsciously grasping at her hand as he realized what it truly could mean. "You're right.... if this was engraved by who I think it was, it would not be a stretch to say they plan to throw every supernatural race into chaos... I'd never thought of Fae and Vampires being threatened, but such creatures are normally shunned by my kind, if not actively antagonized... as I said, the faction I believe to have made this blade used to be angels... now they're worse than the most violent and evil Demons." He looked down in solemn thought for a moment, then looked back up into Sina's eyes. "If I were to guess, they'd target Vampires next. They seem to be targeting the most feared races among mortals, starting with Demons then werewolves. It's just a guess, but I wouldn't put it past god to have made soulmate pairs between Vampires, Fae, Elves and the like as well. Creating an army entirely made of soulmates seems a little more possible now... problem is, Vampires don't really congregate as much as most other Supernatural races, they tend to stick to themselves or in small groups... finding mated vampires will be hard, but perhaps whoever killed the Elder Werewolves will lead us to one.." it was a grim thought, but entirely possible. Hector held her hand tightly as he explored the reaches of the cave with her, looking back every now and then to ensure they hadn't strayed too far from Aros and Maylani.

Aros nodded, rather solemnly, to Maylani's fear-and-confusion-laden words, finding himself wrapping his arms a little more tightly around her. Just as he was about to whisper consoling words into her ear, fully giving into to his internal need to be all-encompassingly kind and gentle to her, this touching moment was interrupted by the ear-piercing tone of a Goblin's squeaky voice permeating the damp cavern air. Aros had no idea how the disgusting creatrures got here ,they'd seemed to have simply appeared, especially since he swore he would've smelled thier pungent stenches from a mile away. Nearly by instinct at thier words, he all but jumped up in front of May'Lani after gently releasing her from his grasp, spreading his arms and wings in front of her as demonic fire appeared in each hand. "You willl touch niehter of us. I don't know who your master is or why they want me, but they're going to get back a few roasted Goblins instead!" With that, he threw both fireballs at the Goblins, charging up another attack as he watched thier moves closely. @Myla

Stepping aside, Maylani shifts into a wolf. She was bigger than the average wolf. She had a dark-ish silver tone to her fur that faded into pure black color around her legs, tail, and belly. As she gave a loud growl while snarling, the goblins giggled stepping aside each time a fire ball was thrown at them. After each ball was thrown, the goblins cackled in a singing tone, but taunting tone, "Catch me, catch me. You ain't gonn' hit me." Maylani runs towards the chubby and rowdy one, biting a good chunk out of him. It screeches as its dark and gooey blood starts oozing out of its body. At that moment, the three goblins instantaneously threw their sleeping gas towards Aros. Maylani seeing what's happening, runs and pushes Aros out of the way letting the gas land on her. Instantly, Maylani started feeling woozy as the tall goblin said, "I didn't know dogs were so stupid! However, what I do know is that, you'll make a nice furred rug for the boss." They started to laugh afterwards.

As Sina walks around with Hector, she smells the goblins disgusting smell and gags, "Hector, I think... I think there's goblins somewhere around here." As Sina starts smelling it more and more, she frowns becoming anxious, "Hector, I think we should check on Maylani and Aros, I have a bad feeling..."

@DergTheDergon

Last edited by a moderator:
Aros growled under his breath as the creatures sidestepped both of his fireballs, narrowing his eyes with rage. It seemed like a more hands-on approach was needed. He looked to his side for a moment as Maylani transformed, wanting to tell her that this was unwise and that she should get back, but unable to do so before she had already beat him to attacking one of thier assailants. Her attack was impressive, Aros found himself grinning at her for a moment before making to lunge at the nearest one to her besides the goblin she just bit a sizable chunk out of, hopefully preventing a counterattack at her. As he was doing so, he did't notice the gas being launched towards him, and focused on taking out his sword to stab at one of the goblins, only realized Maylani had jumped in front of him when it was already too late. He glared hatefully at the goblins at thier mocking words, and said in a deep tone of voice, with a growl rumbling behind it, "you won't so much as touch her." He then lunged at his assailants with his sword, with angry intent to kill.

Moments after Maylani noticed the stench, Hector did as well, sniffing the air with a sour look on his face. Hector's eyes widened. "Goblins? What would they be doing here?" At her next words, Hector nodded with a determined look on his face, took Sina's hand and began dashing back towards where they had left Maylani and Aros earlier.

The goblins cackle as they see Aros shoot off in their direction, "Like how mummy used to always say, 'Bippity, boppity, boop! Sweet dreams, asshole!" At that moment the goblins threw the sleeping gas in Aro's direction successfully hitting him. Once they see that he's too incoherent to take note of his surroundings, he cuts a lock of hair from both Maylani and Aros and throws it on the ground signalling that they were there. Whenever the three brothers did a job, they would cut a lock of hair off their victims and leave it behind. Stuffing the two into a bag, the goblins throw them over their shoulders running while giggling in glee, "Boss will be so happy! Very, very happy! Maybe he'll give us another job to do!"

Long after they leave, Sina approaches their camping sites and instantly starts to look around. As she looks around, Sina freezes seeing the locks of hair, "Hector, I think we are too late... If I'm correct, we are dealing with what we demons like to call 'Death's little Helpers.'" Going up to Hector, Sina begins to explain what they are and what they mean while showing him the hairs, "Death's Little Helpers are three goblin brothers who have been known to prowl this world for centuries. They hop from boss to boss until they find one who is deem to deserve their help. They help bring destruction, kidnappings, mischief, death and so on and so forth. However, to obtain their help, you must have a very dark and evil soul. The more evil the leader, the longer they stay with them. These things are never a site for good news. They say that they see you, then your death has been appointed to you on a silver platter. They love to leave behind locks of hair from their victims to show that they were here and that they have dominance over you."

Hector glanced frantically about the campsite that the four beings had been staying in, face scrunching up in frustration as he saw no sign of either them or the goblins. Seeing Sina stop in her tracks out of the corner of his eye, he turned to her, looked where she was looking and his eyes widened. "Is that... Aros's hair? And Maylani's?" He mumbled, knowing by the feeling in his gut that this was a very bad sign. At hearing the name 'Death's little helpers' a look of fear spread across his face. They couldn't be associated with Malthiel, the Angel of Death, could they? Hector found his tense muscles relaxing, but only a little, as Sina continued to explain. It didn't seem like they were. Of course not, an angel would never associate with such creatures, but the name Death sent a chill down Hector's spine.

Collecting himself, Hector nodded in understanding. "I see. It seems, then, that Maylani and Aros were taken by them. I dearly hope they don't plan to... kill them." Hector's wings drooped slightly at mentioning his concerns. "Still, we should at least be glad that the name 'death's little helpers' isn't entirely accurate. Malthiel, the Angel of Death or just Death, has the authority to rip the souls from fallen angels if he finds me. I would have no way to fight him. His main job may be to take the souls of humans who have lived holy lives to heaven, but he also is tasked with finding fallen angels who have eluded the search parties... and he's very resourceful." Hector shook his head a bit, rubbing his temples. "But right now that is of no consequence. Is there any way we could track them? Perhaps thier scent still lingers? I don't smell them, but your kind has a more acute sense of smell. What else do you know about them? Any other signs the goblins leave behind?" Hector waited for her answers with a tense air about him, single-mindedly focused on doing all he can to save Aros and Maylani, if there is yet still hope for them.

Sina looks at him frightened and a bit panicked, "Hector, I don't think you understand.  If they show up, that usually means that your death is already set, planned and in motion. Death's Little Helper's literally help bring death. In other words, there's a good fucking chance that they plan to kill them." Sina was usually never the type to curse at Hector, but she knew what it truly meant for the goblins to pop up. They were never a good sign. Pacing back and forth, she feels her fear and anxiety start to rise. She wasn't sure if it was because of her pregnancy hormones or maybe because it was her family that waskidnapped this time, but whatever it was, Sina didn't feel like her usual calm and collected self. Running her hand through her hair, she says going back to Hector with fearful eyes when he tells her about the Angel of Death, "At this point, anyone could summon them including the Angel of Death, but promise me, you will take care of yourself because I love and need you. So does this baby. I can't live without you."

Meanwhile, Maylani groans waking up to the feel of a burning sensation against her arms and legs. Blinking her eyes a few times, Maylani sees that she's in a dark and cold room still in her wolf form. The burning sensation was coming from the silver chains that locked around her paws and laced with Wolfbane. Wherever the chain touched her sink, Maylani had bright and vivid wounds that looked as if the chains were giving her third degree burns. Groaning out, Maylani whispers out in a hoarse tone, "Aros?"

Hector looks at Sina with a confused and worried expression, and lets her explain, beginning to understand just how dire the situation was. He looked down and flinched slightly when she cursed, but didn't draw attention to it. Angels were rather sensitive to such language, as they're absolutely forbidden to use it and will receive rather harsh punishments for doing so. As Sina starts to pace, acting anxious and not very much like herself, Hector slowly approaches her, thinking of how he could clam her a little. He listened to her words, fear rising within him as well. Still, this only made him feel a need to leave and go search for them right away, just as he was trying to prompt Sina to do. She seemed too panicked at the moment to make a rational decision, however. Hector was about to speak up when Sina continued from her explanation and said her heartfelt words. Hector approached her, looking into her eyes lovingly, and pulled her into a gentle embrace, speaking softly into her ear. "I promise, Sina. With all of my heart. But that goes the same for you, my love." Hector steps back, looking into her eyes again and says "now, take a deep breath, and tell me how we might start looking for Aros and Maylani. They can't have gone far. I promise you we'll save them both." There was an intense determination in Hector's eyes. He was not going to sit here and panic while his lover's family was in peril, as much as part of him wanted to after Sina's clarification. Hector was always a man of action, and this seemed to be the time for action more than any other. the moment she gave an answer he would begin flying with her at top speed to wherever they needed to go.

Aros' eyes slowly fluttered open as he heard Maylani's weak voice, just barely. He lifted his head, and the first thing he felt where two harp pains in each of his hands and one in his feet. Looking down, he could see that he was nailed to a cross. Then, he felt the burning sensation spreading through his body. The nails must have been doused in holy water. He hissed in pain, looking al around until the sight of Maylani, in wolf form, with silver chains around her burning her body, stopped him in his tracks. "May... lani..." he managed to weakly whisper, his voice chocked with equal pain and dismay. This was the only woman he'd ever felt such strong feelings for, the woman who was meant to be his soul mate. For her to be in such pain, it felt like a failure on his part. He looked upon her, his eyes tearing up despite himself. "Those damn, filthy monsters... look what they did to you! If I live through this, those green nuisances are going to pay dearly." Aros then sighed. "I'm sorry, Maylani... they were far too crafty for me... I failed to protect you.."  Looking at her softly, he hung there in silence for a while, shaking with the pain and the blood loss, then he spoke up again. "Maylani... just in case we both die here... I just want you to know I.. love you, I know it... I have never felt anything so strongly in my life." He looked into her eyes with a mix of despair and love. 

Sina nods taking a deep breath as Hector manages to calm her down, "I think I could still smell the faint trail they left behind, but we need to go now before the scent fades away." Taking off her hood and spreading her wings she waits for Hector. The moment he's ready, she takes off after the scent.

Meanwhile, Maylani heart begins to race a little when she hears Aros call out her name. Trying to make him feel better, she says hoarsely, "I'm okay, it doesn't hurt that bad. We will be okay." She felt like she was on fire, but she didn't have the heart to worry him even more seeing the despair in his eyes. When Aros declares his love to her, she gasps softly, "I... I love you too, but we cannot die here." With a new found determination, she looks at Aros, "You haven't failed me yet nor are we dead yet. We just need to figure out how to escape." Looking at the chains, she yanks on them wincing at the sudden pain trying not to cry out. Seeing that it loosened a little, she speaks through clenched teeth still feeling the pain around her legs radiating, "I think with a few more tugs I could maybe loosen the chains out the ground."

Suddenly she hears the goblins come closer and says quietly, "Shh, pretend you're asleep. Last thing we need to for them to make us even weaker." As Maylani closes her eyes and slows her breathing, the three goblins walk in. The tall, scrawny goblin claps his hands together as he yells with glee, "Boss will be so proud!" The stocky one smacks him on the back of the head, "Shut up, you idiot! We're not done yet. Boss will be here soon with more directions, so don't get too excited."

As the Goblins walk away to await for their boss, Sina and Hector arrives, but hides in one of the darker corners of the cave signalling to Hector that they're there. DergTheDergon DergTheDergon

Hector nods back at his lover, a grimace of sorts upon his face as he took her words in. He tilted his head downwards for a moment, taking a deep breath and preparing himself. Preparing to fight, preparing to protect Sina and the others, even preparing for the very real possibilities of finding corpses, or even worse, losing the trail. Taking another deep he nodded. "Let's get going then." He darted after her, time a blur as they rushed down Sina's scent trail, Hector trusting her fully to lead them to Aros and Maylani.

Despite the situation, a beaten and weakened Aros found his emotions calming slightly at Maylani's words, his body calming as well. All of this, even though he knew that she was in great pain. Aros then wondered, is this what Hector's voice, Hector's very presence, did for Sina? It had to be, and slowly but surely, Aros was coming to understand the devotion his sister had to Hector through experiencing just the early stages of his bond with Maylani. He didn't respond to her words, only smiled slightly, barely noticeable here in the dark. As Maylani returned his confession, he felt a powerful warmth in his chest that he never had before, as if those four words, ‘I love you too,” thawed his frozen-solid heart in an instant. Her next words made him feel a little ashamed, slightly guilty; he had given up just when he had found something, or rather someone, that made his whole world a little brighter, whereas it had been dark and hopeless for many a century. He felt that he had a purpose now; to ensure that he and Maylani stay together, no matter what.

Her determination rubbed off on him, and before he knew it, Aros was straining to free himself from his own chains as well, making slightly less headway on them himself. He was a little worse off compared to his Lycan soulmate; Death’s Little Helpers must have ensured that the strength of a male Demon was negated as best they could.

But they underestimated the both of them. The newfound determination Maylani stirred up at him with her little speech caused him to yank and strain at the chains with just as much intensity as she, envisioning the moment when they were safe, and he could take her into his arms and kiss her for the first time. There would be no more apprehension regarding her, he decided. He and this she-wolf were meant for each other, and as Sina had warned him, he knew deep down, like a sixth sense, that pushing her away could only lead down a dark, lonely path.

Aros could almost feel the chains weakening as he met Maylani’s eyes with determination, focusing on the similar look on her face in order to fuel his own escape. Alas, the Goblins chose this very moment to check on their captives.

Feeling frustration well up within him, he is barely able to stop himself from letting that frustration out due to Maylani’s warning and instructions. Following her lead, and finding himself trusting her far more than he’s ever trusted anyone besides Sina, and certainly by far the most trusting he’s ever been of anyone except Sina. The goblins were greeted with a pair of seemingly conked-out unlikely mates, much to Aros’s relief. It took all of the Demon’s willpower not to twist his face into a grimace at their infuriating words, or indeed try to free himself the rest of the way and send a punch straight into one of their faces, but he somehow managed.

Thankfully for them, help had finally arrived. A frantic Hector landed and began to survey his surroundings the very moment SINA gave the signal that they had found Maylani and Aros. His heart was beating a mile a minute as he calculated his next action. Looking around, he saw no goblins, and so gave Sina the silent signal to move in.

Once he heard the Goblins’ voices recede, Aros cautiously opened his eyes and looked around to survey if it was safe to continue ripping his chains from the ground or not. What he then saw, Hector and Sina emerging from the shadows, shocked him. He looked at his sister with the most relief she’s ever seen from him as Hector snuck up to him, since he was the closest to where they had entered, and carefully began to undo his chains. The very moment he was freed, Aros, chains still about his wrists went over to Maylani and began to try and rip one of her chains out with both hands, doing so as Hector helped her with the other.

“So,” Aros began to whisper, “We fighting out way out of here?” While cracking his knuckles, a determined look on his face. “Absolutely not,” Hector whispered back commandingly. “You’re in no-” “You have no right to decide what the fuck I’m not going to do,” Aros said menacingly, meeting Hector’s eyes with fury and shaking with the same, barely keeping himself from raising his voice. “They will pay dearly for what they did.” Aros turned and began storming straight towards where the goblins had gone off to. Hector met eyes with Maylani for a moment with a pleading look. He knew that she was the only one who could possibly calm him right now.

Myla Myla

The moment they break the chains off, Maylani sighs in relief instantly shifting back to her human form. However, relief didn't last for long the moment she saw Aros take off and Hector look at her. She nods at Hector understanding and runs off to Aros whisper yelling, "Aros! Aros!" She runs in front of him and puts her hands against his chest stopping him, "Are you crazy? You better than anyone else knows to not go in there alone, especially out of fury. You lived for centuries of years. You know better. Whatever took down the elders and were able to kidnap us are much too strong for a couple of people. Especially for a harmed demon, a harmed werewolf and a pregnant demon and even with Hector in good condition, he would need our help to stop them." She grabs his face forcing him to look at her and says sternly, "You will not go in there to fight. We will have our change for revenge in the future. Our time will come, however, it is not now. We need to get going and get to safety."

Taking charge, Maylani tugs on Aros' hand and nods at Sina and Hector to let them know that they're ready to go, "Let's get going before they bring back their boss or come to check on us." Sina nods, "Alright, follow me." She begins to lead them out the cave, making many turns to confuse the scents on the way out. Midway through the cave tunnels, they hear yelling from the area they were in before. Sina pauses and quickly whispers, "Hurrry! We need to get going, it won't be long before they find us." Sina picks up the pace as the goblins yell through the caves, "Ready or not! Here we come with some friends!" At that second, a cererbus begins to bark and snarl down the cave. Maylani curses, "Fuck!That's the three-headed dog."

Aros' irrational, angry thoughts were practically screaming at him to push past Maylani and keep going when the werewolf stepped in front of him, but as if by instinct, his body halted movement anyway. The moment her hand made contact with his chest, he then felt less and less angry every second; calmer with every breath he took in this position so very close to her. Her words began to sink in quite quickly, taking into account his blind rage. He allowed his fiery eyes to meet his soulmate's, again, almost by instinct. his gaze, at first burning with rage, gradually softened every moment. "Dammit...." he finally growled after a moment's paused, letting his head, normally lifted high with pride, to hang low. "You're right... Let's... get the hell out of here..." he was very hesitant to say that, overwhelmed by feeling such anger on behalf of his soulmate. It was as if meeting her brought forth all the emotion he had suppressed for centuries. He looked away, genuinely ashamed, for perhaps the first time even Sina had seen him this way. He turned away from everyone, yet took Maylani's hand as she grasped for it, his grip firm. He didn't let go and allowed her to pull him. he didn't have much of a choice in this state anyway.

Hector also nodded at Maylani's words, then took Sina's hand and ran with her, following the she-wolf's lead. Aros simply allowed himself to be drug along for now, fire still burning in his eyes. Yet now, it was a determination to protect Maylani, not to go on a suicide mission. The four of them high-tailed it back through the cave, especially after Sina's urgent warning. Just when it seemed that they had lost Death's Little Helpers, their obnoxious, gravelly voices echoed through the cave. Hector's and Aros's eyes simultaneously widened as they heard Cerberus, followed by a deafening roar. They were not ready to fight that thing.

As soon as Hector thought that, he had an idea. "Go on ahead, I'll put up a ward to slow them down. It'll take a few moments but I'll follow you out." He met Sina's eyes for a moment in a 'please trust me, love' sort of look. He knew she'd be worried sick about leaving him behind, but this ward was about the only way he could think of to slow them down. he might get a few golbins on top of him but, he felt confident in dealing with them. he just needed to keep the big bad doggy away. Having made his decision, he suddenly stopped running with the group and turned around, beginning a well-practiced incantation for the barrier spell as a horde of goblins closed in on him, the Cerberus visible already, three deadly maws agape and hungry. Aros simply kept running.

Myla Myla

As Sina looks back at Hector, her heart pounds quickly with despair at the thought of Hector fighting Cererbus and stubbornly gets ready to fight by his side. However, as soon as her despair settled in, her horror kicks in when she realizes something, "Guys, I think the Cererbus is the least of our problems." She quickly looks at Hector, "I think they opened a gateway to the underworld. No one could rise something so big or powerful from the underworld unless there's a gateway open and this Cererbus is from the underworld." She gulps looking at the snarling Cererbus, "I don't think he's the only one who came through the gates and I don't think he's going to be the only creature they will send after us."

As soon as she says this, she hears a sound similar to a serpent hissing and the Goblins shriek out of glee, " You met our doggy and you're going to meet his daddy as well!"

Still being able to hear the Goblins shriek through the caves, Maylani stops mid-run to look at Aros in terror and whispers, "The Cererbus' daddy..." She gulps and says suddenly, "If the ancient legends are correct, the great Typhaon was the orginal ancestor Cererbus' father." Maylani quickly goes to explain, "Typhon was said to be a giant snake like figure who tried to take control, but was quickly sent back to his rightful place in the underworld by the Holy God." Looking back she quickly says, "I think we may be part of something bigger. A war perhaps."

With snake tails as legs, wings of a dark angel, the face of a human and a scales covering most of his skin, Typhaon slithers towards the group with the Goblins following suit just singing in glee, "Ready or not, here we come. Your great Ol' Mighty is nothing compared to us!"

With fire forming in Sina's hands, she looks at Hector, "We need to get out of here now. This is a battle we might not win." With that, she starts throwing fire at the Cererbus' three heads to attempt to get him to back off a little.

Hector was clearly one hundred percent determined to metaphorically dropkick the cerberus all the way back into hades and then some. His resolve only doubled as Sina joined him, the angel lifting his weapon towards the beast bravely. that was, until something drew his attention away from his fight fueled by an intense need to protect Sina and his friends. Namely, the words of Sina herself. Hector's eyes widened, his fists clenching in anger at the apparent helplessness of this situation. However, he still wanted to stand and fight... until he heard the goblins' taunt's and his eyes widened, making the same conclusion maylani did, as the werewolfess's words struck her demon mate.

"Typhon..." Tyros echoed her, taking her hand for mutual comfort and steadying himself. "Yes... this is certainly bigger than the four of us." Rasing his voice as he turned to hector, he then spoke words that caused the angel's eyes to widen. "Hector, this is ways fucking bigger than about fifty copies of us four put together... it's either run adn live, or stay and die." With that, Tyros scopped Maylani into his arms and took flight out of the cave, choosing to trust this man his sister trusts with her own life with just the same.

Hector's eyes closed for a moment as he made the decision Tyros presented to him within himself, and he opened his eyes, smiling as he saw Sina successfully distract the approaching cerberus. Shooting bolts of lightning from his sword to further slow him, he then took flight, hand in hand with Sina, backward out of the cave.

Seeing Tyros ahead, Hector sped up to catch up to him. "Good, you grew some sense," he hissed back at hector, before looking down at Maylani in his arms as he still flew at top speed, gaining altitude and trying with all his might to outrun the horde approaching them. "You alright?"

Hector looked to Sina. "I apologize for putting us all in danger like I did there," he said, his faced wracked with guilt. "One day, we'll defeat him but... I think we neeed to find a lot more like us first. I think we should make that our top priority."
Myla Myla

Users who are viewing this thread

Back