• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Hunt or be Hunted (DergTheDragon x Myla)

Myla

The nerd with the books
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Demons and angels have hated each other for centuries, but the only thing they hated more were the Werewolves. After 10 years of battling with each other the Demons and Angels have suffered a terrible lost and have no other choice but to learn to live together and stay hidden. With the Werewolves hunting them down one by one to pure extinction, will the Demons and Angels form an alliance and fight back? Will they carry on their hate and fight against each other? The better question here to be asked is will they hunt or be hunted?

@DergTheDergon

Sina runs through the forest with cloak flowing behind her. She looks back at the wolves chasing her and quickly ducks seeing the oncoming blade going towards her head. It nearly misses her head by a few inches and gets stuck in one of the trees. Sina looks around trying to find an opportunity to get away, but doesn't come up with anything. She quickly jumps over a log managing to land on her feet, and tarts to run again pushing herself to go faster. She would use her wings and fly out of there, but she can't due to there being a rather large gash where her wings come out of. Sina didn't think that the wolves would find her in the underground tunnel earlier that day, but one did manage to find her and slice her back. Sina sees her chance finding a small opening just big enough for her to go in. She dives into the small opening landing on her side. The wolves start trying to dig at the open, so Sina gets up groaning in pain and looks around. She sees some rocks lying around and raises her hand lifting some of the rocks. Sina flings the rocks at the opening backing away panting.

Hector was bounding through the forest, several wolves in hot pursuit, using his wings to glide every few feet. He luckily loses them, for now. After spotting a large tree ahead, he pushes his feet off the ground, flapping his wings a few times before reaching a rather thick branch, and looking for a path he could jump through the trees, hopefully out of reach of the werewolves.

Just then, he hears a ruckus below. Wolves were getting closer, but these ones weren't looking for him. they were chasing after someone in a red cloak. He notices the person dive into a small cave entrance, the wolves furiously digging at it in order to catch their prey. What an unfortunate soul, he thought. If I could distract those beasts and lose them as well, I'd be saving that stranger's skin as well as my own. It's risky, but I couldn't forgive myself if I didn't try.

Hector took a deep breath, and shouted towards the wolves, perched on the farthest branch that could still hold his weight for the wolves to clearly see."Why don't you pick on a target right out in the open?! it isn't like you hideous beasts!" They turned and began to chase after him like the fools they really are, and he began to glide from tree to tree, climbing higher and taking an odd path in order to lose them. he tried to keep note of where he was going so that he could find his way back to this stranger and make sure they survived.

Sina keeps flinging rocks at the wolves, but then she hears someone yell at the wolves outside. What the..., she thinks to her self. She sees the wolves start to leave from the small opening. She approaches the opening slowly, but cautiously. Sina looks around the opening, and notices the wolves gone. Why would someone want to help me? They don't even know who I am..

Sina looks around the tunnel-like area, and notices that it's pretty dark being inside it. There were grassy roots stick out and the air smelled of dirt and there was a cleared out trail in the tunnel. She looks back at the opening, whoever it was that called out at the wolves might back for me. Sina makes up her mind in going down the trail and starts to follow it holding onto her cloak.

Following the trail using silent but quick steps, Sina's eyes adjust to the darkness. As she moves through the tunnel, the tunnel becomes more and more narrow and the air becomes more dense and humid. Sina huffs as she goes through, Ugh it's hot. Sina looks back and can no longer seeing the opening having gotten pretty far into the tunnel. I wonder where this goes..

After taking a bit of a rest in the branch of a particularly large tree, keeping watch all the while, Hector decided that he'd finally shook them off his trail. He remembered the general direction to that cave entrance, and so made his way back there, cautiously. He eventually found the cave, and once he saw that the coast was clear, squeezed into the entrance, folding his wings closed in order to fit. If I had to guess, that red-cloaked stranger probably went farther in once I lured the beasts away. Only one way to find out. I just hope they don't see me as another threat. With that, Hector began to slowly head father in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sina keeps moving further in, and stops for a second breathing a bit heavily since the air keeps getting thinner and the space is becoming more narrow. She thinks to herself, I have to keep going. She starts making her way down the trail of the tunnel again. As she keeps moving down the tunnel it, becomes to the point her elbow scrapes against the wall, but then all out of the sudden the space opens up again into a bigger area.

Stepping into the clearing the air starts going back to normal and Sina takes a couple of deep breaths. Sweet, sweet air, how I love thou. Sina walks in circles in place looking around. The clearing looks like what used to a hideout in some type of cave. The floor is flatten and the roots seemed to be cut out of the way. There is a small man-made pond near one side of the caves and in the other side there seem like some hole dug out on the ground as if it's a place a person would sleep in. In one corner of the cave it seems like there's ahidden opening to come in and out the cave. Otherwise, the place looks completely abandoned and empty.

As hector headed deeper into the tunnel, it gradually become darker, and more cramped. He was beginning to lose hope that the red-cloaked stranger had also gone this way, when suddenly, he came upon a large open chamber. He breathed in the much fresher air deeply, looking around this odd chamber. He spotted something- or rather someone- that caught his eye-the red-cloaked stranger from before. He called out to the figure calmly. "I trust those werewolves aren't giving you any more trouble?"

Sina jumps startled and looks back a bit bewildered at the man. She didn't expect for him to follow her down the tunnel. Sina pulls on her cloak covering her face even more and talks to him in her normal quiet tone, "My time is counted when it comes to the werewolves since I know it won't be long before they find me again. Now a days, they seem to be everywhere. They're in every forest, town, city, state, and country so, of course trouble isn't too far away when it comes to them."

Sina looks at the man not trusting him. She has never been the type to trust a person from first encounters and she knew she wasn't going to start to now. Sina looks at his wings and thinks to herself, An angel. I guess I should've seen that coming. A demon wouldn't usually try to help a stranger out, they never stick themselves in stuff they don't know, but yet this man did so without even knowing me. She snorts quietly to herself, I could've been a serial killer and he wouldn't have known that he helped a killer.

As Sina walks around the place, she asks, "Why on Earth did you help me back there? You didn't even know me and yet you even followed me in here. Thank you for helping, but I must be honest and tell you that wasn't a smart move. This could've been a trap and if it was you would've fallen for it so, so, so easily and maybe even gotten yourself killed."

Hector shrugs, leaning against the cavern wall. "Perhaps, but if you've the slightest idea what I am, you know it's my people's nature to act selflessly. Being able to heal oneself certainly does help our survivability, even if we stumble into traps. Besides, everyone's time is counted by those damnable beasts. If one chooses to remain alone against an army of bloodthirsty killers, they might as well write 'prey' in bright red letters on their forehead." he paused for a second, then said "You smell faintly of sulfur... I know what you are now.... that does not change the fact every werewolf in existence is after your life as well as mine."

Sana looks at him raising her eyebrow and tilts her head a bit not liking the tone he used to tell her that he knew what she was, "And I know what you are, your wings made it a bit obvious. I also know that they are after our lives and being able to heal yourself doesn't get you out of all sticky situations. Don't forget that if you're too weak you can't heal and if they stake you through the heart, you basically dead. Correction- you will be dead, there's no way of getting out of that one."

Heading toward the hidden opening, Sana moves some of the grass in the way, but only moves enough to where she could see and stay hidden by anyone who could see her from the outside. She pushes her cloak off her head revealing her red copper hair and that she actually looked pretty small and a bit young for her age. I think I'm going to just stay hidden here, it will buy me some time. However, I'm going to have to go get food at some point, she thinks to herself. She stand back up closing the opening and wonders what the man is going to do.

"I also know all of these things, but I am prepared to face them. Being prepared to die for one's causes is in my blood." He watches her move to the entrance, and would not have been surprised if she simply walked out of it knowing how prideful demons usually are. He was quite relieved when he realized that was not the case. Hector sighs.

"No matter how foolish I may seem to you, the fact of the matter is we're both better off working together.We have plenty of fresh water thankfully, but we'll need food, and it'd be far safer to gather supplies together. Strength in numbers. However, If we stay here too long, they'll find us and we'll be trapped. And again, leaving here would be foolish alone. On top of all that, unless you forgot to use your wings earlier you're probably badly wounded. It looks to me as though it's in both our best interests to work alongside each other. You don't have to trust me, simply have enough common sense behind your pride to accept a stranger's help. I'll do the same, despite our differences."

Sina glares at him a bit insulted, "My pride is not my issue. If that were the the case, I would've walked a while back. So, if you don't mind, I would rather you not assume stuff if you only just met me." She huffs, Just because I'm a demon doesn't mean I'm prideful, that's just stereotyping.

She stands there and starts thinking about what he said, It would be easier to get the supplies we need if there were two of us. Despite the fact he insult my common sense, I could see the advantages of working together.. Sina sighs and looks at him, "Fine I'll stick with you and side with you, but any stupid moves and I walk away. Also, to let you know I really really don't trust you."

Sina shakes her head looking at the opening, "Judging that wolves just found us in this forest, they must be going on a frenzy to find us and hunt us down. I think our best bet for to go looking for food and other necessities is to go when the sun sets because usually at that time the wolves are changing guards and there would be less wolves out since they would go home to their families. That would buy us a bit of time but we need to avoid their patrol borders."

Hector spoke up again, still leaning agianst the wall, in the same calm, neutral demeanor he started in. "Your mistrust is obvious by the way you're acting.... which also makes it very difficult to beleive that pride isn't your issue. I meant no offense by anything I said." Hector paused and thought for a moment, seeming deep in thought, before saying "Regardless, that does indeed seem like our best bet. And don't worry about 'stupid moves', I want to survive as much as you do."

Sina shakes her head glaring and scowling, "You're making assumptions again, you don't exactly know me or known what happened to me before, so you can't just assume that it isn't my mistrust and to think it's my pride. I don't know if you realize any pride any demon had few out the window the moment we lost the war, so technically we can't go by our pride. Instead we take what we have and find a way to survive for now. We adapt and keep living. That's how it works."

Sina heads off toward the water and crouches now by it and takes off her cloak. On her back, the blood from where the gash is has dried out. She has scars and bruises decorating a lot of her body, some newer than others and others fading away. "Also, correction to a statement you said before, being prepared to die for anyone because it's in your blood only works for you. Most other angels follow that guideline for everyone but demons. Your kind loves to take a hit at us." Sina shakes her head remembering the many times she was cornered by angels and beaten to a pulp just because she was a demon and labeled unholy.

Hector sighs. "I admit I am making assumptions, but perhaps it is because I've only met one demon before you, whose pride was very much intact. And I am not the only one making assumptions... I am following the example of another angel who believed our prejudice against your kind was unjust. But it is very true most of my kind are as you say... why do you think I'm out here instead of among them? Honestly, it angers me... we're supposed to be symbols of kindness and peace, and yet I can infer my kind inflicted all of those injuries upon you."

Sina looks up at the man, "Our kind isn't sent out onto earth to follow the devil'a deeds or footsteps. Angels balance out the good, we balance out the bad. You take charge of the good people, I take charge of the bad. Many believe that demons don't belong here, but think about it. Without us who would be there to manage the bad deeds. Not to mention, without any bad things going on, too much of a good thing can be a bad thing. The good people will eventually turn insane. You need demons to balance it."

Sina holds out her hand above the water and slowly raises it bringing up a small ball of water along with her hand. She let's the water guide over the cuts of one arm to clean up the blood, but as she does she clenches her teeth trying not to hiss or wince from the pain. The air around her smells kinda like her but at the same time it smells like the coppery smell of her blood.

"When did I say anything about not believing your kind is necessary? I know for a fact they are, which is why I despise the prejudice... if our races learned to tolerate each other as a whole, calamities such as this werewolf infestation would be far less prominent.... the war was a mistake, and my kind is paying for it... along with all mortals... and it's far more due to angels than demons. There is no denying that fact." Hector stood in silence for a while, and noticed she was in great pain. He sighed again, then spoke. "If we're going back out where the wolves are at sunset, it would be best for both of us if you were at full health. I could heal your wounds in seconds you know, the freshest ones anyway."

Sina looks at her wounds and sighs nodding, "Do what you need to, but the main one I'm worried about is the gash on my back. I don't care about if a scar stays behind, I already have plenty. The wolf who did the gash did a pretty good job at not only getting to my back but to my wings as well. If I try to unravel my wings I would probably pass out from pain."

Sina sits on the floor with her cloak on her lap, "What did you mean by the war being more of the angel's fault? And I think everyone is paying for the war, there were so many people lost and so much stuff destroyed.." She shakes her head, "That war was extremely unnecessary ."

Hector nods, and kneels down behind Sina. He stretched his hands out towards the gash on her back, a gesture not unlike warming your hands near a fire. A warm, yellow glow began to eminate from his palms, blood receding back into the wound and the gash slowly closing. "I am not surprised you haven't heard of my people's great shame... it's been kept very hush-hush. You see, a new Archangel is selected by God every 1000 years. The newest Archangel, well... he fell. But he did so in such a way that not even God himself condemned him for it, twisting our own ideals to make his intentions seem pure to most, while pushing radical ideas, agendas against our very nature..."

Hector paused for a second, taking a deep breath, trying to keep anger from showing in his voice. "Archangel Galadriel was the first Archangel in history to suggest... that Demonkind should be eradicated, followed by we angels descending from the heavens to rule Earth with an iron fist, and make all sin punishable by death. Very, very few of us saw any fault in that... and yet many angels still blame the few like myself that opposed Galadriel for the fact that his sick, twisted vision was not realized..." at about this time, Sina's gash was healed. "There, your wings should function without pain now. By the way, it just occured to me I haven't introduced myself yet. My name is Hector."

Sina gets up taking a step back and unravels her wings. Her wings were a dark color, but not quite black. They aren't that big due to the fact she isn't that big herself, however, her wings were perfectly fine for her small size. She sighs relieved and being more at ease finally being able to use her wings, "Thank you, and I'm Sina." Shes looks at her wings for a second but looks back at him, "I don't keep up with what's going on. Sure, every once in a while someone tells me something, but other wise I just brush it off." She sits back down, "We arose around the same time as you guys did. Whenever angels come down, expect the demons to arise. You guys basically summon us. It's one demon per angel, but with so many of us killed, we don't have the same numbers we used to. Yes, more and more of us resummoned, but there's only so many of us before we are killed. Some angels tend to kill us before we could fully arise. Also, we may sin, but our sins are sometimes necessary. Although, I will say half of the demons on here are very... What's the word I'm looking for.."

Sina looks at Hector, "I guess the words evil or corrupt would be a good choice because due to the fact we must have done something terrible to become a demon. Unless you are born a demon, the demon has to have to have done something absolutely unholy and immoral to be transformed into that. I'm telling you this part because you need to be careful on which demons you choose to be around of because a lot of demons would've loved to break you right now to push you to the edge of insanity. Others would've to seek revenge by using you, so I'm repeating this: Be careful in your choices."

Hector listened intently to Sina's speech, then sat in silence for a while, deep in thought. She has a very good point... perhaps I was too naive in dealing with her as she keeps pointing out, but the very fact she is warning me of these things only confirms my theory that she is different from most of her kind, and therefore I've nothing to worry about with her. We have something in common there, in a way... After a while of this he stands up and heads to the entrance, peeking through. From the sun, it was late afternoon. "Thank you for the advice, Sina. Regardless, from the looks of things it will be dusk soon. We should rest and relax as much as possible before going back out there." With that, Hector sat down leaning against the cavern wall. "It's been days since I could simply sit down with the slightest bit of reassurance it wouldn't cause my demise by the wolves...'

Sina nods lying on the floor using her cloak as her pillow, "I understand what you mean and whoever had this hideout did a pretty good job creating it. Although I agree with you about not staying here long. God only knows of when the wolves come sniffing around." Sina turns her head to look at him curious, "How did they end up finding you earlier and chasing you down?"

Sina starts to become comfortable around Hector slowly seeing that he means no harm. She think to herself, Maybe... Just maybe, he isn't that bad. At least, he didn't try to kill me, but should I trust him? That's my million dollar question. Sina has never been one to trust people easily. In fact, the first lesson she ever learn was to not trust everyone you see because you never know a person true intentions right off the bat.

Hector looks back at her. He sighs, then looks away. "It's a long story, but we have time." He looks up at the ceiling with a melancholic expression. "I was one of the angels sent on a reconnaissance mission of sorts, to gather intelligence on what the demons were doing. We found one... a male demon in disguise, living a normal life with a human fiancee'. Upon discovering him, my brethren- no, they don't deserve such a description anymore- my... former allies, let's say... beat him remorselessly, stabbed him with a stake through the heart, then decapitated him... in front of the devastated woman who loved him. I won't ever forget his last words. 'I just... wanted her to be happy.'"

Hector paused for a second, taking a deep breath to calm himself. "What's worse... they wanted me to kill her, for associating with a Demon. It was supposed to be a test of my loyalty to God... what a joke. I decided at that very moment I would stop committing heinous sins under the facade of being a 'servant of all things good and holy'. I fled, wandered for a while and... you know the rest."

Suri looks at him paled and stunned into silence. She gulps feeling mixed feelings. One one hand, she's upset one of the good ones in her race who actually tried to make a living by doing good actually gets killed for being good, but on the other hand Suri feels glad to know that he didn't kill the woman out of "loyalty." Suri thinks to herself, Demons can't live a normal anymore without someone being there to catch us and put a target on our heads. Suri frowns at the thought of possibly never getting to settle down to fall in love and build a family with friends surrounding her due to being hunted every single day.

Suri looks at him and talks in a strained voice, "That isn't right. It seems like now a days, there's a 0% chance to even have a normal life. When I was younger, I used to read stories on how you meet your own prince charming and then you're suppose to live happily ever after.. I was the little girl out the group who used to always talk about growing up and finally having a family. "She smiles sadly, but after a few seconds it slowly turns into a frown, "But in this world it seems like happily ever after never exists. That all those stories they tell you are myths." Suri looks at the ceiling, "The human... Do you know what happened to her?"

Hector shakes his head solemnly. "No, I have no idea where she is right now... I helped her escape from the others, but..." Hector shook his head, then continued speaking. "You're right, this isn't right at all. Angels normally marry another of our kind, and things such as divorce and infidelity are nonexistent... it's unfair that we are guaranteed lasting love, and that we actively deny such a thing to others. I believe in the concept of soulmates, and that everyone has a chance to be with theirs at some point, but between werewolves and this damnable war, I can see why you've lost hope... honestly I am losing it myself..." Hector paused for a moment, then look to her. "What about you? What brought you here?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back