• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Howl's Flying Castle (Finished! ---Whoo! (*^▽^)/)

cb912f0ae34529d46110c7a71c8e9f7a.jpg

- Next Day -

" Peponee Caverns "

Serena giggled, "No, Minnie's our guild's secretary who has an emotionless face and an almost no-nonsense attitude like James. She's kind of scary at hide and seek and is the one who makes sure we keep our deadlines. I haven't told you about the Cool Beans Guild, have I? Me and Seth founded it!" she grinned.

Serena spent most of the night telling Seth about the guild, how they got a military contract with funds from the King when he was still alive to develop their marshmallow bomb, and how through trading and developing their inventions such as waterproof fireworks they were able to make their assets grow.

The way Seth-in-Serena's-body talked about Sen, it was like someone lonely missing their best friend terribly and feeling fearful for their well-being. It seemed that the twin had been keeping his feelings bottled up and distracting himself by being positive and energetic and carefully kept the map and newspaper clipping in his person as if were a ruby.

The following day, the group's continued ride to Holt was more pleasant than usual even though the rain that had been pouring since last night had not let up. The Seifer-in-Lydia's-body was being unnaturally well-mannered, albeit bored, as she sat behind the saddle of Lydia-in-Seifer's-body. She had poked him to cast, "Sirus Umburella", earlier, which conjured a sturdy black umbrella cane out of nowhere, and now Lydia was holding it up for the both of them against the deluge as Lydia's horse galloped across the plains.

"Have to protect my silky hair and skin." she said as a matter of factly.

In front of them was Johnny riding with sheep Renee in his arms. He had asked her earlier if he could continue carrying her since she was fluffy, though he agreed to lift the spell so that she turn into Midnight again if she wanted to gallop free. He was telling her the tales and legends behind well known summons.

"In olden times, people summoned ferrets to cure the whooping cough. They would offer the ferrets milk, and whatever was left they would feed it to the sick." said Johnny absentmindedly rubbing the black sheep's cheek. "The whooping cough sounds like this --- wahouugh! Wahouugh!"

Earlier in the morning, Seth-in-Serena's-body had finished deciphering Sen's message and was now telling Serena-in-Seth's-body and James-in-Echo's-body that he and Minnie will be in the city of Cicero starting next week and until the end of this month. There was also a random nonsensical tidbit in the coded message about earplugs and squirrels, which was proof Sen was as alright as he could be.

The next campsite of the group was a chamber in the Peponee caverns. After today's rest, they were going to gallop the final stretch to the trading city of Holt tomorrow.

Lydia-in-Seifer's body was close now to finishing the counter spell, and all that was needed was to formulate the spell circle to finish it. Seemed like it will be done tonight.

@Katsuya@Roleplay Skittle

OOC || Characters || Interest Check

Last edited by a moderator:

-Not Seifer-

"Peponee Caverns"

It was almost hard to tolerate Seifer in her body. Lydia was so used to the normal haughty Seifer that always acted better than everyone else and sometimes seemed to go out of his way to irritate someone that this new mild mannered version made her uncomfortable. Every now and then Seifer would peek over his shoulder at Lydia, eyeing her curiously. Of all the people to switch bodies with. Of course real Lydia supposed that it was better this than him being switched with anyone else since she seemed to tolerate his garbage the most easily. This situation had made Lydia look at Seifer in a whole new light, and also consider things that she hadn't before, so maybe that was another plus to the circumstances.

When Seifer-in-Lydia's body announced the necessity to protect his silky hair and skin, Lydia-in-Seifer's body wasn't certain if he was talking about the body he was in now or his actual body and once again peered at him awkwardly.

Between inching closer to finishing a spell to undo this and otherwise being preoccupied with dealing with emotions she hadn't had to deal with before, Lydia-in-Seifer's body could be considered a mess and the only thing that was keeping her together was the desire to take care of the body she was currently in, for one because she told Seifer she would just as he was taking care of her body and for two, she didn't want to hear him badgering her about how inconsiderate she was once he was back in his own body. Even with his slight change of attitude, Seifer was still Seifer and she was still on guard around him.

@Zer0 @Katsuya

-Peponee Caverns-

Serena-in-Seth's body stayed close to Seth- in-Serena's body, wanting to hear more about her twin and their guild's secretary. He picked up the hidden feelings she was trying to hide with her excitement and cheer, bottling up her worries. So he wanted her to open up more and hopefully feel better (even if it's a little bit), maybe relieve some of her stress.

Minnie is certainly strange; There was a message from Minnie as well and it's the most contradictory thing he has ever read. She was telling Seth-in-Serena's body about how the guild was like a military report, making sure to include the stocks and how much they were making. She even included the few times that she had to hide from the public. Then at the end of the message was a small side note that showed her care: 'Please. Stay safe. Sen misses you...and so do I.'

Renee decided to stay as a sheep and lets Johnny squeeze her when he wanted to. She's almost used to his insane hugs too, with the many times he did it that day. It seems she kept her word on trying to make the snuggles a bit better by nuzzling him a bit with her cheeks since he really really likes to rub them.

The black sheep's wiggled a bit as she listened to Johnny's tales and legends, like a child who pays rapt attention to an epic story. Though she wasn't expecting him to copy the whooping cough. That made her jump in surprise. 'I see! I see! And then? and then? Does that actually work for whooping cough? Really?' He's the only one who could hear her familiar excitement like all the other times that she experimented her herbs and potions that actually work and not backfire on her face...literally sometimes.

When they made camp, Renee can be seen near Johnny, asking questions about any other famous summoners and the works. Though she would look around, almost like she was wary about something. Could be because they are in a cave?

@Zer0 @Roleplay Skittle

- Not Lydia -

" Peponee Caverns "

"Is there something on my face or am I just that pretty?" asked Lydia, raising an eyebrow and flipping her hair after the twenty-second time Seifer glanced at her as they set up camp. She had been swinging the black cane umbrella and looking up at the shafts of light peeking through the fissures and crisscrossing roots on the cavern roof.

"You've created fire and light using magic, and you are Howl Pendragon's apprentice. I wonder, can you perform any other spells?" she asked conversationally. "I'm asking as your battle partner, since knowing what you can do will help me fight better."

Meanwhile, Johnny had been very happy with Renee's snuggles to the point that he had not secretly given Echo-in-James'-body any form of affection since the start of the day. He was toweling Renee dry again in camp as she bleated adorably, and he answered her bleats with the same amount of enthusiasm she's been showing him.

"Renee, will you stay as a sheep and be my cute little fluffy sheep daughter forever?" asked Johnny hugging her until her eyes popped out again. "I promise to take care of you everyday --- James, I'm adopting your sister!"

"No." said Echo who was marveling at her strength and testing it by pushing some stalagmites until they broke.

"But I want her." said Johnny rubbing cheeks with the sheep.

"No."

"Renee, say that you'll be my sheep daughter. I'll do anything." and he nuzzled her wool as if she was a pillow he would not part with.

-Not Seifer-

"Peponee Caverns"

Seifer's lips pursed and he jerked slightly like he had been swat on the head as Lydia questioned him. To anyone that didn't know the two, one might think that Seifer did think that Lydia was pretty and obviously had some sort of questions to ask her. As it stood, the real Lydia could almost be seen to have a strange fixation with herself. The reality? Well that was too hard to pin down because Lydia-in-Seifer's body was a jumble of emotions and questions that she found hard to handle, "wha...? Um.. nothing," He shook his head briskly and dove nose first into one of the books he had brought with him, which he wasn't actually reading, but it made a good cover.

He peered back over the edge of the book, gulping softly. He didn't really think there was anything unusual about asking what other spells he could use. It wasn't like it was a secret... sort of? The spells Lydia knew weren't very battle ready, but it wouldn't have really been very conventional for a sixteen-year-old that never went anywhere to be preparing for a siege either. The idea of letting Seifer in her body know some of those spells... well, that might be disastrous as they were spells that would only really be convenient to a teenager and while they weren't particularly harmful, she wasn't sure if they would be properly applied by her body's current occupant.

His throat was cleared softly and he folded the book closed, thinking about how to respond to the question, "well... I wasn't trained by a skilled mage... my family isn't familiar with spell casting so I have basically been self taught since I took an interest," he looked around nervously, his hands wringing each other slightly, "so... well you basically got stuck with the flat tire of the group," he hadn't really wanted to say any of that. Who would want the backlash that would come from Seifer knowing that he had been stuck with someone pretty useless? Now knowing that he didn't really have any ability while in Lydia's body, well Lydia-in-Seifer's prepared for the deluge of complaints she was probably about to receive.

@Zer0

-Renee the Black sheep-

'Sure! I would love to be your and Echo's sheep daughter.' Was Renee's happy reply, snuggling Johnny back with her fluffy cheeks. She was joking, of course. There's no way she'd leave her brothers.

'In return, name me your real kids' sheep godmother and I'll be happy with that.' The little black sheep lightly teased, slipping out of Johnny's arms and hopped away while laughing in baa-s. She hid beside Lydia-in-Seifer's body, trying to calm her laughter and unintentionally giving some warmth to the teen thanks to her wool.

Let him stew on that for a while...

-Not James-

Echo-in-James' body was watching over the horses again, feeding them with hay and oats. It's kind of funny though because Midnight-in-Renee's body followed him everywhere, similar to a duckling following it's mother duck. Even on the horse ride, Renee stayed close to James with occasional nuzzles and hugs.

Once he made sure the horses are all good, he started to train his body. Yep. He's training James' body by doing twenty push-ups and twenty sit-ups. He even made Midnight-in-Renee's body sit on his back as a weight while doing the last five push-ups. By the time he was done, his body was trembling and his pale face was red and sweaty. His lungs ached too.

James hadn't felt this tired for such a long time that it felt foreign. 'He's going to feel the muscle sores tomorrow...oops...' Uh...maybe he should've held back on the exercise...or not. After all Echo's father most certainly did not hold back, so why should he? 'Because I know how painful it is in the beginning.' He answered to himself in a deadpan.

"Phew~...James." He called to James-in-her body who's pushing stalagmites right now...

"James, do you want to train with me? I meant it when I offered yesterday." He asked, stretching his limbs a bit before resting by lying down on the ground.

@Zer0 @Roleplay Skittle

- Not Lydia & Not Echo -

" Peponee Caverns "

"Mine and Echo's daughter?" Johnny glanced at Echo and felt the heat creep up his face. He looked the other way, blushing buoyantly, letting the adorable sheep Renee slip out of his grasp.

Meanwhile, Lydia gave Seifer a curious look. "Why are you jumpy?" she pointed the umbrella cane at him. She looked like she had a general idea as to why, but seemed to not be able to make up her mind what it specifically was. At that moment the black sheep came bleating jovially and Lydia looked at it as if she was annoyed at its sudden appearance. "What are you doing here, sheep girl? Go back to your sheep father." and she poked its poufy tail with her umbrella.

Echo nodded at James, " Yeah." she jogged to him, flexing and marveling at her arms. "It's amazing being this strong. I feel like I can storm a fortress." she grinned, pumped up.

-Peponee Caverns-

Renee was having fun, laughing at Johnny's reaction when Lydia poked her tail with her umbrella. Not taking it any of her (or his? This is starting to get confusing for the little sheep) sass, the black sheep bleated at her.

'None of your business, you disrespectful arrogant troll.'

With that, she bit onto the umbrella and tugged lightly. Her idea? Just bite holes on her umbrella. It's not like she wants to hurt Lydia's body nor does she want to hurt Seifer's (Because Lydia's mind is in there and she didn't want to hurt her at all), so the third and silly option is the best one to take. Besides she had enough of being a doormat; Seifer has another thing coming once they return to their rightful bodies.

'Your umbrella tastes disgusting! Don't you ever wash it?! Ugh!'

James giggled though his grin is one that most don't see very often. Actually, not at all since it's very far and few, coming from Echo-in-James' body. He grinned with a bit of mischievous intent.

"Alright...then get ready to have your world rocked." He hinted at Echo before flinching in surprise when Renee started to nuzzle him again. Oh dear..."There there. You'll return to your body soon enough." He smiled warmly at her as he wrapped his arms around her and nuzzled back. It's a way to calm Midnight-in-Renee's body.

@Zer0 @Roleplay Skittle

-Not Seifer-

"Peponee Caverns"

Seifer shook his head and leaned awkwardly as Renee-Sheep bounced over to him, smiling gently at her and taking comfort in the warmth given because even though the body Seifer was in was still technically hers, it was oddly intimidating with him inside it. Then again, those feelings were likely brought on by the general discomfort that Lydia-in-Seifer's body was still suffering.

Seifer didn't really know how to react when Renee grabbed the umbrella that Lydia had poked her with. He just sort of gawked a bit before breaking into a laugh and shaking his head. What was even happening? Everything was just so strange at the moment, if they all lived through all of this they'd probably be laughing later.

@Zer0 @Katsuya

- Peponee Caverns -

" Strange sounds "

"Hey! Let go, you insufferable marshmallow, or I will roast you into mutton! This umbrella cost eight hundred gold! " said Lydia angrily, tugging back at the umbrella. "How did that go again --- the air is chill, we feel its bite." she pointed a finger at the sheep. "We need warmth, fire light!"

Phoot. A small spark sputtered out of her finger and floated lamely down the floor.

On the other side of camp, Echo watched the exchange of affection with a somewhat guilty expression. As much as the James-in-Echo's-body hated to admit it, Echo was doing a better role at being his sister's big brother. The real James was stiff and awkward when it came to showing affection, and he had been so caught up in trying to fix this mess they were in that he hadn't spent time with the real Renee, nor took care of her body.

Echo reached out and petted Renee's hair. "Echo, thanks for taking care of my sister's body." he nodded earnestly. "And for making Johnny happy, you're a great girl." she gave James a brief hug and chuckled. "Don't tell anyone I went mushy, it's probably because of all these girl hormones." and patted him affectionately hard on the beck before stepping away. " So! What are we doing first? Don't say sit-ups or my bladder will explode."

As the afternoon whiled away, a bad smell started to waft into their camp from an adjacent chamber beyond the tunnel. The Peponee Caverns was a deep winding route to Holt, and they were two hours away from the exit, and about three from the cavern entrance they entered earlier this morning. The sound of scuffling and something breathing started to echo louder and louder in their chamber.

Something was coming.

@Zer0 @Roleplay Skittle

-Not Seifer-

"Peponee Caverns"

"Don't you mean burn?" Seifer mumbled under his breath, picking up the book he had previously set down and using it as a sort of buffer for what he just said, though he jerked his head back up and stared at Lydia, mortified as she tried to cast the fire spell that the real Lydia had previously used. He breathed a sigh of relief as the spell fizzled, thankful in a way but it probably was very much akin to the actual casting of the spell since real Lydia was so scared of casting spells that would go haywire, she tried to make them as weak as possible to start, and starting a fire would definitely require a weak spell. Though the look on Lydia's face was likely a hilarious one after watching the failed spell, so he couldn't help but break into laughter again.

The sound of something approaching as they were still making their way to the exit highly unnerved Seifer. This was something that he had dreaded since getting stuck in this body. Sure, the archer could handle himself, but that was when their minds were in the right places and right now, that wasn't the case.

@Zer0 @Katsuya

-Peponee caverns-

Renee stiffened when Lydia tried to do a fire spell...only for a spark to lamely float down...Oh goodness...that's...that's...

With a snort, the little black sheep lets go of the umbrella, laughing so hard that she rolled on the floor back and forth. Seifer-in-Lydia's body just failed so hard that she couldn't help but laugh at his weak attempt of magic. Now this she will remember and draw it in her sketchbook later.

'Oh Holy Merlin-! That-! That was too much, Rathmore-! Hahah!! Yo-you should be a comedian!' She baa-ed, knowing that he wouldn't be able to understand her speech. Though she is glad to hear Lydia-in-Seifer's body's laughter. She needed a pick-me-up, even if it is a short moment.

Then...she stopped laughing, standing up quickly as she glared towards the echoing noise that's coming from the cave. Her ears flattened in her wary as she took a whiff of that awful smell and snorted in disgust.

Who or what could it be?

James did not expect the brief hug from Echo nor did he expect the compliment. Though a bit confused, he's still grateful for his kind words. "Anytime James. After all, Renee is my friend and Johnny...Johnny has my heart. So I'll do my best at supporting you in whatever way I can." Echo-in-James' body said, a small determined flame appeared in his eyes. James is important to Johnny and Renee, so in turn, is important to her as well. They might not know each other very well, but she knows enough that his words (the kind ones) are usually the most important. Then he giggled, flinching from the pat on his back. That hurt-!

"No worries. I won't tel- hm?" He stood up with Renee in tow, glancing where he believed the noise came from. Uh-oh...

@Zer0 @Roleplay Skittle

stalker_by_exphrasis-d3k2c04 - Copy.jpg

- Peponee Caverns -

" Dice battle start! "

"Ha ---" Lydia immediately clapped a hand to her mouth. Did she just laugh with them? No. And she immediately tried to look angry, but it wasn't working because the laughing sheep rolling on the floor was making it hard to keep a straight face.

Then Seifer-in-Lydia's-body heard it too.

It was a familiar feeling the real James and Renee would know. Cold and ominous . . . a pulsing darkness just like that day more than a month ago when they beheld the colossal dragon egg under the roots of the manna tree. A spine chilling hissing echoed from the dark tunnel and something large and emanating tendrils of darkness slithered into the shafts of light that shone down the cavern roof.

It had milky white eyes, the head of an eel, and mangled limbs sticking out from its body in odd angles grabbing at the air as if eager to reach for the meal it had sensed. There was no doubt about it, those who had read newspapers before about the war with the dragon would know that this was a "shade", corrupted creatures of shadow that serve the dark dragon.

"What is that doing here?" whispered Echo in trepidation. It came from the direction of the exit. Did it come from Holt?

Suddenly the rain that had not let up since last night filled James-in-Echo's body with dread. Everywhere the dragon's dark horde appeared, they were always heralded by an unnatural cover of dark clouds.

But he had no time to dwell on it, because the abomination lunged, crawling with its jaws open in attack!

@Zer0 @Roleplay Skittle

-Not Seifer-

"Peponee Caverns"

The sudden laughter from Lydia would have stopped his own laughter if he hadn't already stopped because of the looming sound of their approaching doom. He also would have possibly been a little hurt, thinking the laughter was caused because of the inability of his body to get a firm grasp on the concept of magic no matter how much he studied. All of those feelings and ideas were easily put to rest when the creature they had heard scuffling and breathing as it made its way through the caverns and closer to the group, bringing its foul stench with it.

A single hand went to his chest, the feel of his heart thundering inside his chest and making the cavity feel hollow. His face filled with dread at the sight of the encroaching shadow beast and he felt his mind reeling. This was full on fear. Panicking, he looked to Lydia, uncertain of what to do and seeking an answer.

@Zer0 @Katsuya

-Dice battle!-

Renee started to pant hard as if she couldn't catch her breathe. The familiar cold and ominous sensation came back with a vengeance. Why? Why is that shade here and from Holt of all places?!

'Oh no...' She dreaded what it implicated, now cursing at their situation. If only she could use her bow or switch their bodies back...

James, on the other hand, panicked, pushing Renee towards the other horses so she could run away. "James! Use 'Terra firma' or 'Flora Flagellum'!" He grabbed the wand and tried to cast a shielding spell.

"Protego!" He hopes it'll work-! 

Seth tossed a knife at one of it's legs. He remembered the real Seth had been training with knives lately, so he thought to use it and hoped his body remembers the training. His plan was to stop it in time for everyone to escape with the horses.

@Zer0 @Roleplay Skittle

- Peponee Caverns -

" Dice battle start! "

"Don't look at me, I'm a flat tire!" said Lydia panicking as well. "Stop freezing in fear and use my bow!" She took hold of Seifer's wrist to quickly pull him towards the horses where his bow and quiver hung from the saddle.

"Don't know how to cast those!" huffed Echo at James, grabbing the battle hammer tied to Echo's horse. She charged at the monster to whack it across the head, but she missed as a long mangled arm shot out and slammed her to the side of the wall, pinning her.

"Baremu Capra!" yelled Johnny, whipping around and pointing his wand at the arm pinning the fawn. Butters erupted from a cloud of smoke and charged at the monster, butting the arm, breaking it so that Echo dropped to the floor; James' spell faltered, and was bowled over by the monster's passing; Princess Mia, Latifa, and Madam Curie screamed and immediately ran the opposite direction while mounting their frightened horses; Seth missed, but was able to evade the arm that attempted to grab him.

With James and one of the horses in its clutches, it opened its gaping mouth wide to swallow them whole.

@Katsuya, @Roleplay Skittle

All success and evade for switched allies -1. Katsuya, I'll assume you are using James and Seth for the battle.

(1-4) Echo success = 7 (2 hp left)

(1-3) Echo evade = 4

(1-5 Echo's favor) Tie breaker = 10

(1-5) James evade = 7 (2 hp left)

(1-5 James favor) Tie breaker = 9

(1-7) Johnny success = 7

(1-2) Johnny evade = 4

(1-5 Johnny's favor) Tie breaker =  7

(1-4) Seth success = 7

(1-3) Seth evade =  3

(1-5 Seth's favor) Tie breaker = 3

(1-5) Monster success = 2 (2 hp left)

(1-5) Monster evade = 3

2.jpg

-Dice Battle-

"Help-!" James screamed, his eyes widened as he stared into the gaping mouth. "Say grow! Say grow! The hammer will grow if you do-! Cervo Venire." Maybe he could summon Frey for some back-up? 'Sorry James! Better something than nothing-!' He thought, hoping he didn't summon an evil spirit by accident.

Seth tried again, trying to pin or disarm the arm that has James and the horse with knives.

Renee rode with Latifa, really scared and confused, but followed James' orders.

@Zer0 @Roleplay Skittle

-Dice Battle-

Seifer winced slightly to Lydia's scolding and followed along, grabbing the bow and quiver as soon as they reached it, he supposed he should have made mention of a few things earlier but now was the only time, "just... try and stay out of the way... you can use my mace if it gets close..."

Lydia hadn't spent any time practicing with the crossbow yet as she had been too preoccupied with undoing the spell so that would be useless to Seifer-in-Lydia most likely. Seifer did his best to knock an arrow, it wasn't as though the mind in this body was completely unlearned in combat, just nearly completely unpracticed. His mind knew the mechanics of firing a bow and she hoped that the body remembered too. Pulling the bow string back, he looked at Lydia, "you can also pick up some dirt and throw it in his face and say, ' When danger is nigh, I must run! To aid my escape, this dust will Stun' but please don't flub the words and only do it if this thing is right on you!"

He then took a deep breath, trying to remain calm and resist the urge to close his eyes, aiming at the creature and letting loose an arrow.

@Zer0 @Katsuya

- Peponee Caverns -

" Dice Battle "

CHOMP

The frantically neighing horse, and James --- who failed and instead summoned a terrified will-o-wisp that promptly squeaked in alarm then disappeared --- were swallowed whole by the gaping mouth. It was so hot, smelly, and slimy, with a terrified flailing horse as James slid down its slippery throat.

Outside, Echo was too dizzy to get up; Meatballs came snarling out of a puff of cloud and together the great boarhound and the giant ram tackled the shade on to the floor at Johnny's command. The monster flailed wildly snapping its sharp jaws and slashing with its wicked claws, hitting the stalacites on the cavern roof and causing them to fall on everyone except Seth who nimbly dodged them all, until fwoop.

An arrow pierced its heart and it struggled no more. Protruding from its grotesque stomach was a squirming bulge which was probably James and the horse struggling to survive.

Lydia, who was holding dirt stared at the arrow that flew true, then at Seifer. "Good . . . Good shot!" she cried in wonder and relief. "That was a really good shot! Good job, Lydia!" she added clapping her back.

Serena, who had been hiding behind a stalagmite all this time, came out running towards the buldge, crying, "Knife! We need to cut them free!"

@Katsuya, @Roleplay Skittle

(1-4) Echo success = 9 (2 hp left)

(1-3) Echo evade = 9

(1-5 Echo's favor) Tie breaker = 10

(1-5) James success = 6 (1 hp left)

(1-5) James evade = 9

(1-5 James favor) Tie breaker = 8

(1-7) Johnny success = 5

(1-2) Johnny evade = 9

(1-5 Johnny's favor) Tie breaker =  4

(1-4) Seifer success = 3

(1-3) Seifer evade =  7

(1-5 Seifer's favor) Tie breaker = 7

(1-4) Seth success = 6

(1-3) Seth evade =  3

(1-5 Seth's favor) Tie breaker = 8

(1-5) Monster success = 3

(1-5) Monster evade = 10

1.jpg

-We won!? Yes!-

The little black sheep, who hasn't left at all because she hid behind one of the stalagmite, baa-ed in joy and cheer, hopping around the archer as she congratulated Lydia-in-Seifer's body. 'Good job! I'm so proud of you!'

"On it!" Seth yelled out, having no issue of going near the dead eel-spider like shade and started to cut on it's stomach with a knife. It took a while, but Serena-in-Seth's body managed to cut open the squirming area.

With a gross splat from the guts and body goop, comes out James, who fainted in fright and the horse who looked disgusted and neighed angrily as it struggled to stand up from the slippery substance.

It's really gross and it smells and ugh-!

'I hate this. I hate this.' Is what Renee heard from the sticky and angry horse.

@Zer0 @Roleplay Skittle

-Winner Winner Chicken Dinner-

"Not courtesy of Seifer because he'll burn it"

-Oh yeah... and Peponee Caverns-

Seifer stood there dumbfounded as the arrow flew true and hit its mark. Lydia and Renee-Sheep's praise and bleats snapped him back into the here and now and he smiled bashfully, "thank you..."  relaxing after a moment before taking on a somewhat proud look. Studying does have its benefits! He giggled. Yes. Seifer giggled, as Renee bounced around him, letting out a deep sigh of relief. He didn't set the bow down. If there was one he didn't know if there would be another and with more confidence now that he had been able to hit his mark, he felt a little more prepared. He moved towards the direction the beastie had come from and just listened while the others tried to free Echo and the horse.

@Zer0 @Katsuya

- Peponee Caverns -

Seifer would see and hear that the rest of the cavern was clear, though it'd probably be safer to move to another area and have James-in-Echo's-body block the way with a boulder.

Johnny went over to the unconscious James, trying to shake him awake. "Echo? Love, can you hear me? You're safe now, wake up!"

"Is everyone alright? . . ." said Echo groggily getting up. "My body . . . Johnny, is my body alright? Someone . . . help me up, I feel like I got hit by a train . . ."

"Your body's breathing, James." said Johnny. "A bit singed by stomach acids, but the wounds aren't serious."

"Alright. Lydia, we need to finish the counter spell quickly, before another one of these things appear." Echo called to Seifer.

Lydia had gone to call Princess Mia, Latfa, and Madam Curie back. The latter three were shaken and wanted to move immediately to another area in case another shade appeared. Shades were never known to appear alone. They packed up camp quickly while Seth-in-Serena's-body, curious about the monster, examined the dark magic residues of its corpse and the contents of its stomach.

"This thing ate recently . . ." said Serena, holding up the acid remains of a child's doll with a stick. "There's a scrunched up melted bowler hat almost digested all the way through, some warped gold buttons, and some fancy half-eaten shoes." she turned to Seth. "Serena, let's follow the trail of this monster and see where it came from."

-Peponee Caverns-

The little black sheep baa-ed in worry when she saw James knocked out with stomach juices on him, and stood next to Echo, trying to help by pushing him up from his back. 'Come on-! Just grab onto me until we reach your horse and you can rest then.'

Meanwhile, James groaned, his blurry vision immediately picked up Johnny's form and smiled a bit. It seems he's a bit dazed. "Johnny~? Please stop shaking me." He mumbled as wrapped his arms around Johnny and nuzzled under his chin.

"I had the weird dream that I got eaten by a huge eel spider creature made of shadows and it's guts was everywhere." Then he kissed his cheek, not aware that Echo is nearby with a giggling Renee the sheep.

Serena-in-Seth's body nodded, a frown appeared on his face. "Alright, let's go." He followed the trail of the monster with Serena and what he saw was...terrifying...

@Zer0 @Roleplay Skittle

-Peponee Caverns-

Seeing that the way was clear, Seifer went back to the others albeit relatively nervously. After seeing that everyone was alright, if not a little worse for the wear, he helped pack up the camp. The brief euphoria from having won the battle almost single-handedly had begun to ware off with the discovery of what was in the contents of the creatures something and if anything his expression was decidedly morose. He gave a stern nod and collected his notes which for the sake of keeping them easy to find were tucked with the Ogre tome rather than with his journal where they would likely get confused with all of the other papers containing snippets of spell ideas and the like.

"It'll be a slower process if we cast it one at a time and it will use more power... is there anything left in the core?" To keep from depleting their own resources they'd likely have to draw a spell circle with the core at the center, the circle reversing the runes and even then if the spell wasn't just right they might just end up in a different body rather than their own. Seifer was learning more and more how difficult magic could be when applied and that it wasn't at all like she theorized when just reading no matter how much she read.

@Zer0 @Katsuya

- Johnny Caprice -

" Peponee Caverns "

Nuzzling was okay, though Johnny hesitated before patting James' back awkwardly, relieved that his girlfriend inside was alright. Then he kissed him and he froze, lips pursed in patient tolerance and . . . continued patting, because now was not the time to be thinking of himself even though in his mind he was freaking out. Ugh, it was no use reminding himself that it was Echo who kissed him. He could feel James' cooties burning on his cheek; on the side, Princess Mia and Latifa were giggling too.

"Okay, okay, that's it. That's enough, Echo." said Echo, getting up with Sheep Renee's help and pulling away James from Johnny carefully, but was firm to keep them away if ever he tried to hold on to him; Johnny looked embarrassed.

"Don't kiss Johnny with my mouth." said Echo to James sternly. "And you," he turned to Johnny, "I have not peed nor pooped since yesterday for your sake, the least you can do is not touch each other."

"Yeah, sorry. I won't anymore." said Johnny humbly. "Erm, you should know that I ---"

"No, stop." said Echo putting up a hand. "The less I know, the better off I'll be. No touchie'. Echo, you too, no touchie. And you stop giggling." she added to sheep Renee.

After wishing Seth and Serena a safe return and showing them where the group will be setting up camp anew, the group moved to that location away from the corpse of the monster, where James-in-Echo's-body rolled a boulder over the chamber entrance to block it from any unwanted visitors.

James-in-Echo's-body wished he could summon Sasha. It would alleviate his worries if he could follow them through his owl's eyes as well. But that wasn't the case now as his body was currently in the possession of someone's too affectionate girlfriend.

The rest of the day was spent working on the spell with Lydia. The sooner they finish this the better. He can feel the women in this group shipping him and Johnny together.

There was no more energy left in the deteriorated construct core. It seemed that they were going to have to use their own manna to fuel the spell.

concept_map_of_ancient_war_by_white70ws-d4lrqyu.jpg

- Not Serena -

" Outskirts of Holt "

The hike out of the cavern took two hours. It was so strange to be wanting breath, thought Seth-in-Serena's-body as she followed his real body out into the tunnel. The rain dwindled to a drizzle as they tracked the monster trail into the woods that surrounded the outskirts of the trading city of Holt. They kept out of the road and moved stealthily, wary for any more shades.

It was a good thing that Serena's body was attuned to magic. The Seth in her body kept a very vigilant guard, feeling the air for the barest residue of dark magic akin to the monster. He felt nothing, that is until at around mid afternoon the two came upon a crest that overlooked the valley, where they saw to their horror that the city of Holt was burning and under siege by a horde of shadow monsters.

Great pillars of smoke rose from the city as undead warriors shot arrows and bolts of fire and lightning at the ramparts. The warriors looked like fallen desert infantry and cavalry men, very out of place in this part of the world. The valiant men inside the city were fighting back and it seemed that the enemy had not broken through the gates yet. All around the farms surrounding Holt writhed with many misshapen abominations of darkness. Inside, Serena and Seth could see a couple of air ships docked inside the city that could not seem to get out without fear of being shot down.

@Katsuya

Users who are viewing this thread

Back