• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Howl's Flying Castle (Finished! ---Whoo! (*^▽^)/)

- Gen. Leo -

" Inn "

OOC || Characters || Interest Check

[SIZE= 13px]T[/SIZE]he general pursed his lips. This wasn't the amswer he was hoping for. When the storm wall was mentioned his expression became bewildered and curious.

[SIZE= 13px]"The storm wall? No one who has ever ventured there has returned. Its waters are turbulent and great sea monsters swim inside giant whirlpools. A thunderstorm is always raging inside and no one even knows what's on the other side. "[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13px]General Leo looked at the ring as though it was a precious key that will unlock all the answers of the problems currently plaguing him. He even raised his hand as though to take it, but then Winnifred came behind Renee and gave him a look that made him pause and keep himself in check.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13px]"I understand that this is a difficult decision to make, but please think about it some more. Whatever darkness will come, you will be safe here in Paroosia. My batallion is garrisonned here and I will leave a company to guard the inn and your family's flying castle. For your safety, I'm afraid I can't let you leave."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13px]He stood up and gave everyone in the room a sweeping look that made it clear that though his words were somewhat polite, this was a command.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13px]Those who look outside will find a company of spellblades on vigilant guard outside, and in the distance more hidden eyes watching the inn.[/SIZE]

@Katsuya @Aio

[SIZE= 13px]Meanwhile back inside the mysterious door, Howl, Markl, The Witch of the Waste, mages from the Wizengamot, and other warlocks from all over the land, were making their hundredth attempt to destroy the Nidhogg egg and sever its connection to the roots of the dying Manna Tree, but it was no use.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13px]Among the wizards was another spellblade, a bespectacled man with cold eyes known as, Nero. He was looking through the window of the inn through the red eyes of a crow perched outside.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13px]'Tch, brats . . .' He thought, looking at Renee and Winnifred, annoyed. 'Looks like we'll have to take the ring by force.'[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13px]He looked at the root he heard got shattered by that little girl with wings. Their combined powers could not even scratch the bark of the tree. That ring was the power they needed to destroy the Nidhogg egg. It was true that the manna tree cannot destroy the egg by itself, but combined with his power, it should suffice.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13px]Sure he can ask the little girl to try and destroy the egg, but Nero wanted the glory. Something big was coming, he could feel it, and they had no time to play nice.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13px]But this wizard Howl and his apprentice Markl weren't people he could just attack out in the open and be assured of victory. Once they were out of the way, they could take the ring without any obstacles.[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:

-Renee Pendragon-

The winged-teen flinched when General Leo raised his hand, thinking he might do something when the Umbre witch stood behind her, and he stopped himself. Having Winnifred take her side made Renee feel a bit more secured. She knew that Winne wouldn't do that normally, especially when it comes to possible dangerous situations, but she did it anyway. The white-haired teen couldn't help but be grateful to her. They're not blood-related, but Renee always felt that she's part of the family. So having her there made her feel warm inside with joy.

As the general left her room, Renee sighed, her wings wilting and trembling from her sadness and anxiety. The teen looked back at Winnifred and tried to smile, hoping that her anxiety wouldn't show on her face as she thanked her. "Thank you, Winne. I didn't know what to do if he started something..." She's really glad that Winne has her back, even if her decision might be stupid to the pinknette's view.

Renee took a moment to look out the window, seeing the general leave the inn and talking to the wizards and soldiers stationed outside. How is she going to help Sunny now if she couldn't get out of Paroosia? Why couldn't the General understand that she has to go and do this? That there's something really bad coming? She just said it to his face! Why wouldn't he listen?! The teen doesn't like it, but she has to listen to his command...for now... 

Shutting the curtains, Renee continued sketching, trying to remember how the dragon's egg looked like, with the roots and the Manna tree while leaving notes on the side. She might as well write down her theories and where she needed to go as a reminder. This way...when she has a chance to talk with someone important, she can explain her case and show them her notes. The teen sighed again, her wings wilting. "What am I going to do?..." She mumbled sadly.

@Zer0 @Aio

Winnifred Notch

Winnifred took a step forward when the man started to reach for the ring. She made it clear she was not taking anything he did lightly, he was obviously not welcomed in her eyes. Hearing his 'threat' an incantation was already at the tip of her tongue, her hand hidden between the folds of her dress. When the man backed down and said his goodbyes she let out a breath she did not even know she was holding.

Looking over at Renee she smiled slightly and shook her head. "He wouldn't even be able to take a step forward. That would be a mistake on his part." Her eyes went down to the ring as a frown appeared on her lips. So much trouble over such a tiny thing. It wasn't as if she was against the creature but to know it put Renee's life in jeopardy she didn't take that lightly. Twisting a strand of her hair she looked outside before going to the door and locking it. Turning around she looked at the Pendragons and pursed her lips, making a promise to herself that she would not leave till the delt with this. 

"Do you trust it?" She asked as she walked forward towards Renee. "The plant...Sunny. Do you trust what it says?" This was a serious question for Winnifred. She didn't want to protect something that Renee wasn't sure if she trusted. Crossing her arms she looked at the plant that called Renee's finger home, not necessarily trusting the thing but she knew she would have to at least tolerate the thing as long as Renee kept it. "I can't stand behind you if you are unsure. If you trust the plant then we will do as it says. If you don't I will go back out and get the general back here and follow his orders. You are not going to be alone, but you will be if you won't decide." Perhaps Winnifred was harsh in her words but at the same time she never took things such as this lightly.

@Katsuya @Zer0

-Renee Pendragon-

The teen heard the door closed and locked, not taking her eyes off her notes. She needed to study from based of what she knows, heard, and experienced from with this situation.

Renee looked up from her notes, her eyes widened from Winnifred's question. Then she answered seriously. "Yes, I trust Sunny." Renee continued, her tone of voice changed to being confident. "He...he saved me when I tried to help him from the baby dragon. He made sure that these shadows didn't get me when one of them stuck me down." Her injured wing moved from remembering, making her twitch in pain. The white-haired teen put down her sketchbook on the bed and turned around to look back at the Umbra witch. "I know that I trust others easily, but with Sunny, I'm most definitely sure that I can trust him."

Renee wanted Winnifred to know that she is serious about this. Her gut feeling is telling her to believe in what Sunny said. That something really is coming and it's big as the dragon's egg, maybe even bigger, and she needed to help the plant ring if she wanted her family safe.

@Zer0 @Aio

- Inn -

" Night Time "

Far, far away, winging towards the city of Paroosia was a dark beast with a dark purpose. Its obsidian scales glistened in the moonlight like tight-knit shields, its hot breath death, and its great velevety wings a hurricane.

It parted the clouds in its passing and its eyes were gazing upon the small glimmer of lights in the distance which was Paroosia with malice.

'Be patient, my prince, I am coming and I will rend the puny humans who disturbed your slumber . . . and tear the one who bears the ring.'

Later that night the twins were looking out the window of Renee's room wistfully.

The night sky was alive with the bright colorful booms and bursts of the end-of-spring-festival-fireworks. Sen and Seth sighed together as the dancing lights illuminated their faces. They had attempted to sneak out of the inn twenty three times to see the fireworks up close, but they kept on getting caught by the guards.

"If only we had our stuff." muttered Sen, picking his nose.

"Yeah, but they're back in the castle." said Seth, brooding with his fingers together and resting his chin on the tips. "We need to nick James' stuff."

Meanwhile, James was in the inn's kitchen brewing some more healing potions in a cauldron for Renee. There was a spellblade guard with him who watched making sure he was making healing potions and not bombs.

He was quiet and focused on his task, but his creased brow showed that he was still worried about Rhea who was still missing.

Outside, wind rattled the windows as if a storm was coming.

The little plant that rested around Renee's finger was slowly swaying even though there was no wind. It waved its little leaves in time with the beat of the festival music outside, where more than a thousand people were celebrating unaware of the disaster that was to come.

And it began with the ringing of alarm bells in the outer walls of the city that was being drowned by the festival music and fireworks.

But the people in the inn could hear it. The guards around the inn perked up and a soldier came running down the street yelling, "Monsters! A horde of monsters from the forest are attacking the city!"

@Katsuya @Aio

-Renee Pendragon-

Renee couldn't stop sketching (this time her models were the twins sitting by the window) as she kept thinking, her thoughts racing from the general to Winnie's words to her family to Sunny. The teen couldn't take staying in the room anymore; She wanted to be distracted from her thoughts. She even tried helping the twins to escape just so she can run too, but they got caught in the end. After that attempt, she stayed in her room and lied on her bed. With nothing to do, the white-haired teen decided to just draw something. Anything, really.

The winged-teen sighed, looking out of the rattling window the twins were staring at, the fireworks' colors exploding to life outside and highlighting the twins' faces. Her frown deepened as she noticed her little brothers' expressions. Why her family too? Why imprison her family in the inn when she's the one with the ring? At least that way, her younger siblings can have fun...her siblings...'Rhea...she's still missing too...' Renee thought grimly, sighing worriedly.

Then she looked down to see Sunny slowly waving to the beat of the song outside and smiled a bit. At least someone's having fun...

Renee perked up when she heard the alarm bells, her eyes widening with panic when she heard a soldier screaming outside. "Oh no!" She whispered gravely, quickly shut the windows' curtains as if shutting them would not bring the monsters' attention to them. Breathing quickly from anxiety, the winged-teen looked at the Spellblade knight who was by the door, the same knight who caught the twins and her. "Is there any place that we can go or are we to stay here? Even with the monsters coming?" She asked him, almost glaring at him in urgency. Her wings flapping quickly.

@Zer0 @Aio

- Inn -

" Night Time "

"Yes, to the Manna tree!" said the bewildered guard as other spellblades below called their comrades into combat alert. By the sound of them they were very surprised at what was going on. "Down the stairs now and follow me!"

The twins sprang away from the window and suddenly became very obedient. They no longer looked bored and confident, but alert and scared.

James met them from below, hastily packing his potions and ingredients in his bag; Sophie gathered them all and when they reached the door, the inn keeper and his family were already being evacuated amidst sleepy protests.

"Cervo Venire!" yelled James brandishing his wand and out came his silver white stag from a cloud of smoke. "Mom, get on, Renee, you too!"

"We need to get your father!" said Sophie.

" Little ones, we mustn't go to the tree." said Sunny in Renee and Winnifred's minds. "I am not there anymore, I am on Renee's finger and I cannot protect you all. A great evil is coming and it will come for the tree and for you, Renee. We must flee to the flying castle. The spellblades will not let you go there, but with your family's help we can escape."

"Sen, I'm hearing voices in my head!" said Seth suddenly.

"Me too, I think it's the ring?" said Sen.

The spellblades overheard and looked at the twins who suddenly yelled, "Aahh, monsters!" in unison pointing at the opposite direction. 

The next instant an explosion rocked the street they were in as something crashed into a building in front of Renee and out crawled twelve giant, hairy, eight-legged tarantulas as big as two horse carriages and were exhuding a venomous mist. They seemed to be partially covered by the same dark substance as the shadow monsters of before.

They looked like they had been in a battle but were somehow flung here by magic. In the distance the city wall was alight with magical fires and soldiers were battling a black wave of monsters that were going over the wall. Some hurling over it like black comets and crashing into different parts of the city.

(OOC: @Katsuya @Aio , it's up to you guys if you wish to go the tree where most of Paroosia's forces are. Or find a path to escape to the castle, you can make up your own)

-Renee Pendragon-

She quickly walked downstairs, only carrying her sketchbook and cactus as she followed the twins. Renee didn't question James' demand, getting on Frey behind her mother, and wraps her arms around her waist.

Then she perked up when she heard Sunny's voice again, now feeling conflicted. She wanted to go to her dad and Markl, to help them somehow, but she wanted to listen to Sunny too...The teen didn't know what to do...'Maybe...we can do both? Get to Dad and then escape?' Renee thought, too optimistically for the dangerous situation.

The winged teen jumped in fright when something crashed in front of them, her eyes widened in disbelief when twelve tarantulas emerged from the crash. Her wings trembled harshly as it folded against her head. It was the same shadows from before with the scarecrow-creatures. Though now there's a very suspicious looking gas coming out of them. "That's...not good..." Renee mumbled, squeezing her mother a bit. "What do we do?! What do we do?!" She's starting to panic, not thinking straight at the moment. The teen doubts that Sunny will help after last time, considering she needed the sun's energy and she just used most of it from before.

@Zer0 @Aio

Winifred Notch

Winifred sat near the window as she looked out on the street. Her mind a jumble of thoughts of what to do next. If Renee still trusted The Manna tree then she had to trust that Renee knew what she was doing. Then there was the youngest sibling of Pendragons, yet to be found. Tapping her finger on the ledge of the window as she sighed.She was shaken by her thoughts when the whole city erupted in screams, causing Winnifred to jump from her seat. Pressing her face close to the window as she attempted to see what was happening.

She watched as chaos unfolded from her little window seat. Between what was happening inside the inn and outside Winnifred was hesitant to move. Though when she heard James giving orders she stood as she watched everyone scramble. That is when she heard the voice. It was the trees voice, that she was sure of. Though its message left her wondering more than it did to answer any questions she had in the first place.

Renee trusts it. Winifred had to remind herself. Pursing her lips as she thought, watching Renee get on the stag. Renee trusts it. She told herself over and over which finally gave her the courage to do something she would never have before. Looking to see where the spiders were she sighed and shut her eyes, inhaling a deep breath before she opened her eyes and put her plan into action. She decided she was going to follow what the plant said, therefore going against James.

Walking up to Renee she silently slipped her hand around the girl's wrist before taking hold and pulling her off the stag. " Sorry!" She yelled out as she ran out the door with Renee. Of course, she knew going against James would not be wise but she told Renee she would trust the plant. So this is what she was doing. Trusting.

@Zer0 @Katsuya

-Renee Pendragon-

Renee yelped when Winne pulled her off Frey, almost buckling to her knees when the Umbra witch continued to drag her out of the door. The teen was able to steady herself and keep up with Winnie's pace. She couldn't believe it: Winnie was actually listening to Sunny, even after her questioning from before. 

Breathing in and letting it out, the teen prayed in her thoughts, frowning as she followed her friend. 'Mom, Dad, everyone...please be safe!'

Renee hopes that they can escape from the Spellblades and the monsters...alive and well...

@Zer0 @Aio (Oh god, it's short! XD)

ss39_hires.jpg

[SIZE= 18px]- The Nidhogg -[/SIZE]

"[SIZE= 18px]W[/SIZE]ait, Winnifred, Renee, where are you going?!" cried Sophie in fear from Frey's back. She reached out, but failed to grab her daughter's clothes; Sen and Seth saw what was going on, then quickly followed the two, nimbly dodging the spellblades and the giant shadow tarantulas.

"Winnie, Renee, we're coming with you!" they said together.

"Sen, Seth, not you too!" said James. "The four of you come back here this instant!" he started forward, brandishing his wand, but was blocked by the giant tarantulas that charged at him and the spellblades who had unsheathed their swords and were now battling the monsters. He froze, paralyzed with fear, then stumbled back as one of the knights grabbed him by the robe and flung him backwards out of harm's way. The fall snapped him back to his senses; Frey cantered protectively in front of him; Sophie was trying to dismount to run after her children, but the silver white stag wouldn't let her.

"Choutte Venire!" said James. His ghost- like owl appeared  out of a small puff of cloud. "Sasha, fly quickly to my father. He's down in the manna tree." the owl gave a hoot and flew off. It was so noisy, the spellblades were flinging fireballs and it seemed that the whole city finally realized what was going on and were panicking and running screaming out of their homes. 

"The both of you, stay with the group!" said a spellblade to James and Sophie. "We'll get your children!" and three spellblades broke away from the battle and pursued Winnifred, Renee, Sen, and Seth.

Five minutes into the chase, something lit up far, far in the evening sky. It was speedily coming closer to the city and looked like a meteor was falling from the heavens. People cried out and pointed at it. It was colossal and they realized it had wings, horns, and a serpentine body.

"Deathwing! Deathwing!" cried a man and now the city was even more in chaos.

The dragon's chest and eyes were alight with fire. It was wreathed with flames, smoke, and shadow and passed over the city like a hurricane, uprooting trees by the wind of its passing, smashing buildings in its wake, breathing a torrent of flames at a line of blocks, then circled around the manna tree where James, Sophie, Howl, Markl, and the Witch of the Waste were last known to be. It was so big, that it rose as tall as the trunk of the manna tree and could not fit on the high hill where the tree stood, so with a crash the dragon smashed into it from the sky and knocked the entire tree down.

It fell with an almighty crash that rocked the entire city in an earthquake and brought up dust like a sand storm.

ROAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!!

The dragon thundered. "SHOW YOURSELF RING BEARER! OR I WILL RAZE THE CITY TO THE GROUND!"

@Katsuya, @Aio

-Renee Pendragon-

"Stay close, Sen. Seth!" Renee warned, peeking over her shoulder to make sure they were behind her as she followed Winnie. She managed to block the shadows creatures' attacks and dodged the fearful crowd of wizards, witches, and citizens that were running by. The insanity of the moment is really terrifying, but she has to move forward.

When the meteor turns out to be another dragon (one bigger than the egg) and landing on the tree, the white-haired teen did not expect it to just rip the dying manna tree! Renee continued to run away from the dragon, her eyes widening when she heard it's ultimatum. She slowly stopped running, daring to look back at the dragon and frowning. She knows what it wants and she has it: Sunny. That alone already let's her know that it's best to continue running to her home, at the flying castle where Calcifer is. The city...

As much she wanted to fight that dragon, Renee knew she wasn't strong enough to do that. Unless Sunny powers up again, which she doubts will happen at the moment....but still...if only there was a way to at least strike that dragon out of the city...

Before she could move again, the teen saw very familiar armor moving towards where they are and she yells to notify Winnie and the twins. "Spellblades! They're coming!" Renee ran again, her wings folded tightly against her head. She pulled Winnie around the corner of the street, trying to spot where her home is connected. "Where is it? Where is it?" She muttered to herself in a panic.

@Aio @Zer0

0ce58990f4220e413e424ce22a38d19f.jpg

[SIZE= 18px]- Sen & Seth -[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]" Flying Castle "[/SIZE]

"[SIZE= 18px]T[/SIZE]here's no door, remember?!" said Sen, looking around. "Calcifer had to land the castle outside the city! We need to go through the gates and to the hill."

"This way!" said Seth. "If there's anyone good at losing pursuers, it's us!"

The twins led the two criss-cross through the alleys, grabbing clothes from market stalls as they passed by and changing their disguises on the go like they've done it many times. They placed a hooded cloak around Renee to cover her wings and eventually they lost their pursuers. Everywhere, soldiers were fighting monsters. In a way it was good that they attacked during the Spring festival as there were many adventurers, warriors, and mages in the city. General Leo's troops were garrisoned here too and those were the usual fighters they saw evacuating and protecting citizens.

Back in the manna tree the dragon was on a rampage and spellblades on flying griffins were trying, but failing to pierce its hide. It was breathing fire everywhere and the flames were quickly consuming the city. Soon all of Paroosia was burning and sending huge columns of black smoke into the night sky.

"GIVE ME THE GIRL WITH WINGS OF WHITE AND A JEWEL ON HER FOREHEAD!" roared the dragon for the entire city to hear.

Sen placed a hat around Renee's head and looked around waiting to pass a street when the coast was clear. They escaped with the evacuees amidst all the fire, and broke off when they saw the hill where the flying castle was coming down to meet them. The castle was wheezing steam and stomping down the hill.

"Quickly, inside!" said Seth.

Some of the people were following the four, begging to be let in the flying castle and rescue them too.

@Katsuya

-Renee Pendragon-

The twins kept switching clothes, passing her some to wear and they managed to lose the spellblades. Well...now she knows how the twins managed to escape before in the bathrooms. Renee gripped on her spacey hat as they ran out of the gates and up the hill where the house was stomping and steaming. Before she could go inside, the white-haired teen heard people begging to come inside and turned around to see a few citizens running towards where they are.

'They must be scared...'The teen thought. It's not everyday that a monstrous dragon comes down and destroys their homes, so...she did one the one thing she knew it would be the best option: Let them in. When they reached for the door, Renee opened it quickly, frowning in urgency. "Sen. Seth. Go inside and let Calcifer know we're about to have company. I'll stay out here until the citizens that are coming with us are inside and safe." She's not giving an option; The teen understood how terrify that dragon is, considering it's looking for her. So she'll let them in. She looked at Winnie, smiling a bit crookedly. "Winnie...can you check if all the doors to the second floor are closed? Same with any of the other doors that leads to bedrooms?" She asked, timidly to the witch. It's so people wouldn't get curious when they come in.

As soon the citizens came closer, Renee waved her arm, yelling out. "Come in! No need to push! Just calmly walk inside and you'll be fine." She tries to remind the small crowd as they went inside, wincing at the thought of Calcifer scolding her for letting strangers in, but knows that her parents will understand...at least, she hopes they will.

With the last citizen going inside, Renee closed the door behind her and leaned on it, sighing in quiet relief. They are inside of the castle.

@Aio @Zer0

[SIZE= 18px]- Flying Castle -[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 18px]T[/SIZE]here were around thirty people cramped inside the small living room: peasants, adventurers, mages, and high society folk all accidentally knocking things over because there was barely any space to move.

Most of them were looking outside the windows at the burning and monster-overrun city and crying. Children wanted to go back outside to find their lost parents, young men in anguish wanted to go back out to aide in the fight but stayed with whoever was left of their families, while the rich mourned the lost of their fortunes. The dragon attack had come suddenly, and so most of them were still in their sleeping or festival clothes and had not brought any baggage.

Calcifer was indignant and had been complaining for the last few minutes to the twins who weren't listening, but were trying to catch all the falling vases and pottery of their mother's that got knocked over; some potions had also fallen from the shelves and all around people were randomly turning into different shades of blue, or slowly turning into marshmallows.

"Heyeyey, Sen, listen, listen, you can't bring all these people in here!" said Calcifer through all the hubub. "What's going on? And where's Howl and Sophie and the rest of the family?"

"They're coming." said Sen firmly, but he had an expression as though he was hoping it was true. The dragon's destruction was immense. "More importantly, move the castle sixty miles to the south, Calcifer."

"What --- no!" interrupted Seth sharply, getting angry. "We have to fly into the city or wait for mom, dad, James, and Rhea! Are you going to abandon them?!" 

Sen yanked his twin's collar down and hissed quietly in his ear. "Seth, you don't get it. There's nothing we can do but get Renee and these people out of here and into safety. We can open the portal to the Royal City, get them out, and then ask for Madam Suliman's help."

"But ---"

"Think for a moment. This isn't like the fairy tales mom used to read to us when were kids, this is the real world. If we go there or stay here, the dragon will find our sister! Mom and dad will come back, okay? They'll find us."

Seth looked back at the burning city in disbelief. "No, we have to go look for them." he said stubbornly. "Don't be a coward!"

"I'm not a coward, you're being a fool!"

And the twins began bickering and having a fisticuff. Someone needs to make the final decision, whether to fly away or stay. All the while, Sunny had kept silent and will not say a word, nor move, as if it was just a crude simple ring made out of a plant and nothing more; some people had come up to Renee thanking her for letting them in and asked what they were going to do now.

@Katsuya

Everything happened so fast Winnie didn't know what to think, though when Renee pulled her aside she was snapped out of her daze, finally looking at reality. "Renee??" She exclaimed as she looked to see the dragon wreaking havoc on the village. Her main priority was Renee seeing she was the one who dragged her away from her family. On top of that, Sen and Seth had decided to tag along. 

When Renee started to invite others into the flying castle Winnifred sighed. She knew the girl had a kind heart but sometimes that would be the death of her. "Renee we can't have all these people in here. I'm sorry but I'm shutting the door." With this, she reached behind Renee and locked the door. "My priority is keeping you and the twins safe. Not these other people. No more Renee. No more." She said rather sternly before going upstairs to make sure everything was locked before coming back down.

That's when she walked up behind the twins and crossed her arms. "You two will stay put." She grabbed the tip of their ears as she leads them over to Calcifer and sat them in front of the fire demon. "Calcifer watch them, while I try and talk sense into Renee." She looked from Calcifer to the twins and sighed, bending down to put her hand on the floor as her shadow man started to form, rising from the ground. "My shadow man will be here to help." She told Calcifier before turning to the boys. "He is only an extension of myself. Therefore I can see and hear everything. One move and I'm feeding you to the dragon." With the threat lingering in the air she had gained a few wary looks, which Winnifred ignored as she pushed her way through over to Renee.

"Renee these people have to go. They are a liability and have nothing to do with this." Winnifred said forcefully in a hushed tone as she looked at those who had been allowed to enter. She knew the teen's ideas came from a good place but at the same time Winnifred wished would think rationally for just a second. The more people in the castle, the harder it was for Calcifer to move them to a safe location. She could only think of what James would have to say to her when he found them. She was, if not already, most definitely not welcomed to stay with the Pendragons.

@Katsuya @Zer0

Renee simply smiled at the people who thanked her, trying her best to catch some of the vases and placing them somewhere else. She sighed quietly, hearing the twins arguing, and ignoring the poor fire demon who's trying to catch their attention.

The teen felt that it's her fault for all of this: the twins fighting, her parents and James in danger with that dragon, Rhea being missing...If only she...Renee quickly shook her head, frowning at her inner conflict. No, she shouldn't think that either. Sunny needed help too and she did what's right by listening to him and requests. She made it to the castle like he requested...

That didn't mean she would stay in the castle for long, now did it? Renee already has a plan...

She yelped when Winnifred pulled her aside and scolded her quietly about letting others come inside the house. Renee knew that already, but..."Winnie, these people lost their homes on the day of celebrating their safety thanks to the Manna tree. We can't just let them be harmed from the dragon outside." The teen replied quietly, making sure that no one hears them talk. She's not gonna be convinced: these people need to go to a safe place...and while Calcifer goes...she could...

"So they have everything to do with this. They lost their homes, possibly lost their families too, and now they are scared and terrified with grief...it's not their fault for being in this mess." 'It's my fault' is what she wanted to say. "Besides...I know a way to get everyone here safe...even ask for help from Madam Suliman. " This idea is going to be the most scariest thing she has ever done, forget the shadow scarecrow creatures and the baby dragon. Being the distraction for the dragon that wants her while the castle leaves is the most terrifying thing she's going to do. It's also the most idiotic one, at that, but...she needed to make sure her little brothers and Winnie is safe, at least.

Renee then smiled ruefully at the pink haired witch and asked. "Winnie, know that you are my friend and I always considered you as a member of this family. So...can you make sure that Sen and Seth and Calcifer won't argue with each other while I'm gone?"

@Aio @Zer0

Winnifred sighed and shook her head. "Renee it is not your fault that this happened. You are not the one who destroyed their homes. It could have been anyone that found Sunny. This was going to happen whether or not you were the one who found Sunny. These people are not our problem. They are not my problem." She knew she sounded rather cold but if being rational was to be cold she could live with it. 

"Yes they are probably grieving but how will you keep them safe if you have to constantly worry about them. Get them out." She was about to open her mouth to say more but rethought what she was going to say when Renee brought up Madame Suliman. "We will not. By any means. Let Madam Suliman help us." She and Madma Suliman had a rather rocky past, one she did not care to touch on but also one that left her with a sour taste it in her mouth. There was a fire in her eyes and her words sounded like poison. 

When Renee went on to talk as if Winnifred was family she was a bit taken back before she realized where Renee was going. "Renee no. You are not doing this alone. I told your parents I would take care of you. I'm not going back on their word." She was afraid Renee believed she had to do this whole thing on her own which was false. She wanted to let her know that she wasn't alone, but getting her to believe that would prove difficult. 

@Katsuya

-Renee Pendragon-

The white haired teen flinched a bit when Winnifred practically hissed about the Madam and frowned. "We need Madam Suliman's help, Winnie. She can take in the people here and send help to Paroosia city." Renee argued back, making sure her tone is calm. She didn't expect her reaction towards Madam Suliman. It made her wonder what happened between the two of them to have Winnie react like that.

She had to smile at Winnie's words, feeling happy despite the situation they're in. "I know I'm not alone; It's why I'm asking you to take Sen and Seth with these people to Madam Suliman. I don't know what happened between the two of you, but...it's a chance for everyone who's still in Paroosia city to stay alive." She knew this was a serious request she's asking to her friend, especially with how Winnifred reacted from even mentioning the Madam's name.

Renee looked over the room, seeing all the people who are talking, praying, and trying their hardest to not freak out. Sen and Seth were still glaring at each other while Calcifer was looking over where they were talking, looking worried. Then she sighed before walking to where the door is. "I'm not changing my mind here: Please Winnie. I'll give you guys a head start so you can go over there without the dragon spotting the castle..."

Before she opened the door, Renee grinned at the witch, trying her best to stay brave. "I'll see you later, Winnie..." Then she left the castle.

@Aio @Zer0

Rithwic_is_burning.jpg

[SIZE= 18px]- James Pendragon -[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]" Out on the sea "[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 18px]M[/SIZE]eanwhile, in the dusty, burning, ruined area around the fallen manna tree where the army of General Leo was fighting the dragon from both the ground and sky, James was being escorted through the chaotic streets by the remaining injured spellblades that survived the dragon's first attack.

The sudden uprooting of the tree caused an earthquake that lifted the earth they were standing and sent them tumbling down into cascading buildings, but a warlock was able to shield James and a few of them with a quickly cast barrier before he hit his head in the fall and lost consciousness; it was here that James was separated from Sophie. Next thing he knew, he woke up and found himself on the back of one of the spellblades who was carrying him through a burning city while all around soldiers were fighting monsters of shadow.

"Where's my mother?" he had asked groggily, there was pain on his chest and the back of his head.

"I don't know." said the spellblade distractedly through the fighting, "But we can't go back!"

Then there was a thunderous roar. James looked up and saw the dragon, heard it command that they bring his sister to it.

"Renee! Where's Renee?!" yelled James.

"I don't know --- stop struggling or your injuries will become worse! Your sister ran off, remember?!"

James was distraught. They could be dead for all he knew, he searched his robes for his wand, then, relieved to find it, yelled. "Choutte Venire!" his ghostly owl came out with a puff of cloud. "Sasha, did you find my father earlier?" The owl flew beside him and shook its head. "Alright, find Renee, she might have reached the flying castle. Protect her."

The owl gave him a look, then looked at the dragon as though expressing, 'You've got to be kidding, right?', but she gave a hoot and flew off.

"Thank you." said James. One thing about about summoned creatures is you need to have a good relationship with them and train them well, or else they won't do as you say. Summoned creatures can die after all, and braving dragon fire was a very loyal thing for Sasha to do.

James was glad he had brewed healing potions beforehand. They were for Renee, but he gave them to the soldiers and used one for himself. "Choutte Venire." Frey reappeared and James mounted him allowing the spellblade who carried him to help his comrades fight. The stag had disappeared during the earthquake. The thing with summoned creatures is that they can only stay in this world as long as their summoner had enough manna keep them here, and they can leave whenever they wish. Something Frey used to do whenever it was time for James to give him a bath.

Now they had broken through to the port and evacuated into boats with other survivors. James saw to his dismay that General Leo and his army were retreating, the city was lost.

They immediately set sail along the coast and headed west. James will have to regroup with the others later on when the castle was flying again. He was very, very grateful for his owl, Sasha may not be able to fend off monsters, but with her James will always be able to communicate across far distances and find his way back home.

Sasha, the ghostly owl would be looking for Renee and heading for the flying castle first. She will be hard to spot as it's night time and she is semi-transparent and wispy like a ghost, but a signal will be enough to get her attention.

@Katsuya, @Aio

Before Winnifred could get a word out Renee was gone. She watched the door with wide eyes, her hands out before her only to cling to air as Renee's name was at the tip of her tongue. Finally, when her brain caught up with her body she opened the door of the castle, attempting to find Renee but to no avail, the little winged teen was nowhere to be found. What was she going to tell James? What was she going to tell Howl? Her heart was practically beating out of her chest as she thought about how betrayed the Pendragons will feel when they find out Winnifred let Renee slip through her fingers. 

No. No, you can't think about this now. Think rational thoughts, not hypothetical situations. You are the Witch of Umbra, people shake at the mere mention of your name.  Winnifred had to remind herself as she shut the door to look at the eyes now all trained on her. Narrowing hers she made her way to a chair where she got up on to be able to look at everyone. "Alright. Thanks to Renee I have been left with the task of making sure you're all safe. You all will remain here, so find a place and sit down. I don't need anyone wondering around. Anyone causing trouble, or gets on my nerves gets the boot out. Any objections? No? So sit down and shut up." With this she hopped back down and made her way over to where the twins sat, her shadow man looming behind the two. 

"You two are either going to help me or you'll have to sit down and shut up like everyone else. Your sister regrets to remember that I can't control Calcifer. Only a Pendragon can.I need you to move this castle at least 60 miles away from Paroosia. I don't need any more arguing. I've already lost Renee and Rhea, I just need you two to stay with me please." Perhaps there was a bit of defeat in Winnifred's voice, after all she practically watched the Pendragon's trust go down the toilet when Renee left. Sen and Seth were the only two left, she was not about to loose them too.

@Katsuya @Zer0

-Renee Pendragon-

Renee ran towards the gate as quickly as she could, her heart beating quickly in her chest. When she was able to find the stairs that goes up to the watch towers of the destroyed city, the teen skipped up the stairs, panting hard as she wasn't used to running so much in a day.

At the top, she leaned against the wall, taking a moment to breathe and thinking hard. Okay, she managed to leave Winnie in charge of the castle and considering it's her idea to do this, Renee hopes everyone will listen to her.

Once she could breathe normally, the white haired teen jogged on the gate, away from the castle's direction like she planned. "This is crazy...This is crazy...This is crazy!" Renee repeated to herself, pushing against her fear as she began thinking of how she could get that dragon's attention and somehow escape. There's no way that she can defeat that huge animal, but she can try to escape. It'll be like the ants she observed in her garden sometimes: Run and then hide behind something to avoid their sights. Now how to grab it's attention...

'My Solar Blossom, of course!' Renee remembered, grinning manically since it's not really a good thing to be happy about. After all...she's planning to grab a DRAGON'S attention...a dragon that might want to kill her too...

Renee stopped as she declared that she's far away enough from the castle and took a shaky breathe. She took off the hat the twins gave her, freeing her trembling wings. This is seriously the most scariest thing she's ever done...but..."Family comes first...then I'll worry about myself..." The teen muttered, gulping down her anxiety as she took her familiar stance. With shaky arms, she created an arrow with her semi-glowing gems, waiting as she aimed upwards.

"Family comes first..."

With that, Renee let go of her arrow, watching in dread as it exploded bright in the dark sky...

@Aio @Zer0

tumblr_n0ca0nmk6Y1to55gmo2_1280.jpg

[SIZE= 18px]- Sen & Seth -[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]" Flying Castle"[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 18px]T[/SIZE]he twins had tried to stop Renee too, but they lost her in another huge wave of screaming evacuees coming out of the burning city. The disguise they gave her was too good that it fooled them too, and they returned to the castle all worried and frustrated. When Winnifred spoke, they looked at her annoyed.

"Okay, okay, sheesh . . ." said Sen, cowed. "Calcifer, please move the castle sixty miles to the south." 

"Tch ~ would it kill you to ask nicely?" Seth scowled at Winnifred, but stayed in his seat.

"You two sure about this? How's Renee gonna' find us?" said Calcifer, doubting. "But if this is the best thing to do . . ." the castle groaned as it stood up on its creaky legs and began flapping its wings. With a jolt it leaped into the sky and flew south.

Seth leaped away from his perch and turned the doorknob, changing the dial from green to red. The view outside changed from the burning city of Paroosia to the bustling streets of the Royal city where colorful mansions stood proudly across a busy highway; the people watching were amazed.

"Everyone, you can get out through here." said Sen, opening the door. And instead of the grass of the hill there was the cobblestone of the street. "It's not an illusion, this door will lead you exactly in Ruby Street of the Royal City. You can ask help directly from the King. Winnie, we should go too, maybe Madam Sulimen will send wizards who can help Renee."

One by one the people started stepping out amazed that this sort of magic existed.

@Aio

3851094-2490277289-Death.jpg

[SIZE= 18px]- Western Wall -[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]"Burning City of Paroosia"[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 18px]S[/SIZE]omething small and hazy swooped out of the sky and James' spectral owl appeared before Renee. "Renee, you're alright!" said the owl in James' voice. "Where's Winnifred, Seth, and Se ---?"

ROOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRR

The owl jump, startled, and twisted its head a hundred eighty degrees back. The colossal dragon leaped from the top of the hill in a cloud of fire and shadow and bounded towards the watchtower, each step an earthquake.

"I SEE YOU!" it roared. "TAKE THE GIRL!"

From all around them, the monsters from the forest that were wreathed in darkness similar to the shadow creatures that attacked Renee before, stopped fighting the remaining retreating soldiers of General Leo and rushed towards the towers like a black wave.

"Renee, run!" said the owl, "Go to the castle --- wait, why are they flying away?!" said the owl, dismayed looking at the dwindling castle that was getting smaller as it flew farther and farther away towards the south.

The shadow monsters will arrive in about ten minutes, the colossal dragon will arrive in just ten seconds. 

@Katsuya

-Renee Pendragon-

Renee was shocked when Sasha came by, smiling a bit when she heard James' voice. "Sasha! James! They-!" Then she jumped in fright when the dragon spotted her too...maybe her plan worked a little too well...The teen looked down the gate's wall, seeing the creatures coming closer to her and the dragon is going to reach her in no time...so...

The winged-teen decided to jump off the gates and out of the city...

In mid-air, she quickly conjured up springs attached to her shoes with her mold-able barriers and bounced on the ground in time. With these, she can run quicker and avoid anything by jumping. Bad side is that she wouldn't be able to hold onto them for long..."I told them to leave as I distracted that beast! Stupid, I know James!" The teen quickly explained to the owl as she ran away from the area, and going to the opposite direction of the flying castle.

Her heart palpated in fear as she bounced to the side, in case the dragon crashed into the gates. Though she doubts that she'll be able to avoid the dragon and it's minions.

'Please, get Madam Suliman quickly!' Renee prayed in her head, looking back to make sure Sasha is okay and following close by.

@Aio @Zer0

fdd7deba1a896a751e85cf7517c7f3774fc393b6_hq.jpg

[SIZE= 18px]- Western Wall -[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]"Burning City of Paroosia"[/SIZE]

"[SIZE= 18px]B[/SIZE]ut the beast was looking for you, that means it didn't know where you were! Augh! " gritted the owl, in James' frustrated voice. "Think before you act, if you live through this, Renee, you're grounded for a year!" he added angrily in a tone surprisingly almost like their mother's.

The owl flew away. "I'm going to send Sasha to call a soldier, don't die!"

There was a crash as the dragon broke through the wall. as easily as one destroys a sand castle. Rocks and debris the size of garden sheds rained down on the winged teen. The dragon opened its maw and breathed a torrent of flames around the front of Renee, creating a wall of fire cutting off her path unless she was willing to jump into the searing flames and die.

The colossal dragon loomed over her like a mountain. She was like a bug compared to its size. The air it gave off was so hot that it felt like being in an oven. The closer it got, the hotter it became and it was obvious that touching the beast can immediately put flammable things on fire.

"GIVE YOURSELF UP, SASAGEA." thundered the dragon, it's voice like an avalanche. But it's fierce evil eyes were looking at the ring, not at Renee "OR I WILL BURN HER."

Finally Sunny spoke. "Renee, I'm sorry I kept quiet. You see, if I spoke, he would have sensed where I was. I should have told you to run . . ." said the manna plant sadly. "Don't worry, I will protect you . . . NIDHOGG, I WILL GO WITH YOU, BUT YOU MUST LET THIS GIRL GO, OR I WILL DESTROY MYSELF!"

"SO BE IT, SHE IS INSIGNIFICANT. BUT IF YOU DESTROY YOURSELF, SASAGEA, ONCE SHE IS GONE, I WILL FIND HER AND EVERYONE DEAR TO HER, AND THEY WILL ALL SUFFER FOR YOUR ACTIONS."

"It's a deal." said Sunny trying to sound brave, but there was some fear in its voice. "Renee, please put me on the ground and run away."

The ring was loose now and could easily be removed from one's finger.

@Katsuya

Users who are viewing this thread

Back