• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Howl's Flying Castle (Finished! ---Whoo! (*^▽^)/)

0c002b9f580688db2800c6133b8dd86b.jpg - Ethellion -
" Sacred Grounds "

Brok chuckled, which sounded partly like a neigh when Serena made that face. "Who knows? We know the Devourer came because he was hungry, the giants came to conquer Midgard. Perhaps they don't know that their war will end the world?"

They could sense the presence of the tree as they came closer and closer. There was an unnatural wind blowing through the passage, that got stronger as they turned a corner and beheld the manna tree.

It was aglow with power, and it was quite a short squat tree compared to Sasagea of Paroosia, and Luthien of Ashenvale. It sat on a clearing of stone, it's giant roots sprawling everywhere. its bark was aglow in blue, thrumming with power, and at the very center was point of bright white light, so bright, one could not see beyond it nor know what was inside. The very wind that surrounded the clearing, was like that wind Renee found little Sunny's leafy twig in. It was the same blue glow then, when Sunny was trying very hard to stave off the dark corrupting tendrils of that evil dragon egg.

Kenren, James, Seifer, and Johnny looked in awe, the latter wishing he had a camera and nudging Renee to draw this someday.

"Don't go beyond the rune stones." said Brok. There was a line of old stones engraved in runes similar to the ones redirecting the chaotic river of magic.

James clapped a hand to his forehead for some reason as though he forgot something, but didn't say anything as the old guardian bid Renee come forward and speak to the manna tree.

Last edited:
Serena snorted as she relaxed her face. "As if they didn't know what is to come! It's written somewhere for you and everyone else who knows about it to read it from or got the information. I really doubt the giants and the Devourer didn't realize the consequences." She crossed her arms with a angry huff, not impressed with what these beings are trying to destroy the world and all. She didn't stop thinking about how stupid the Devourer is or the giants until she felt wind blowing, making her pink tunic dress billow.

She let out a gasp as they came closer to the Manna tree here, eyes wide as she can already hear her mind creating music for this tree and it's struggles.

Renee's wings fluttered in a bit of surprise when Johnny nudged her, raising an eyebrow at him until she realized what he was trying to say and nodded; an amused smile stretched across her face.

When the old guardian asked her to come forth, Renee took a deep breathe, squeezed Seifer's hand before letting go; walking towards the Manna tree that's suffering. Her orange to reddish purple kimono with gold ginkgo leaves at the bottom of the robe and her past shoulder length hair billowed wildly the closer she got to the tree as she stopped right before the rune stones. She took another deep breathe, wings fluttered from the strong winds.

"Hello? My name is Renee Pendragon and Sasagea told me to come here with Luthien's guidance on crossing the Storm Wall." Renee shouted, her hands gripping each other as she intertwine her fingers. Her orange eyes glowing from reflecting the light of the sick tree when she looked up at it. "What is your name? What can I do to help you or inform you on?"

Zer0 Zer0 Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

Last edited:
- Ethellion -
" Sacred Grounds "

The branches of the trees creaked. Then a voice echoed in her mind. 'You know their names . . .', said the manna tree slowly in wonder, the winds seemed to die down. 'I am Ethellion, Renee Pendragon.' She felt a presence enter her mind, ancient and heavy from its burden. It seemed to go through her memories as she was suddenly remembering thoughts unbidden of the past.

The tree seemed to be searching for something, and when it reached the moment where Sunny called her and saw the vile egg corrupting it from the roots, the presence in her mind groaned. 'Alas, alas!', the branches creaked ominously as the wind picked up again.

"What's going on, Renee?!" said James as the rune stones glowed hot from the power of Ethellion's agitation.

'He lives!' cried the tree in anguish. 'The destroyer, the devourer. His son lives! Renee Pendragon, you must go and vanquish him before he hatches!'

Katsuya Katsuya Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

After her little chuckle fit had subsided, Lydia cleared her throat gently and turned around all serious like. She did however give Serena an amused smirk that made her eyes twinkle before she she appeared completely calm again. Leave it to Serena to clear tension in the air over something so serious as the world ending.

Lydia had taken to wearing her mage robes almost all the time recently, she didn't want to be caught off-guard and always wanted to be prepared so even her hammer was at her hip just in case they encountered some sort of baddie between point A and point B whenever they weren't in Awashima, but even then she still wore her robes because one never can tell. She had acquired several new sets and the one she currently wore was primarily black with a leather bodice that had a decorative leather flap that hung down to her knees with an arcane mark on it. The collar was bronzed and reached up around her neck and it had a black fabric hood that was currently down and had a pink interior. The sleeves were short and puffy and the skirt hung to her ankles with a long slit up the left side that almost went all the way to her hip, exposing the black and white stockings she wore beneath it. The front of the skirt below the leather flap from the bodice was a decorative swirl of purples and pinks and she wore black leather bracers that stretched to her elbows and matching boots that reached her knees. A brown leather belt that was around her hips was where her hammer hung from.

As the wind picked up and they felt the thrum of the tree's power in the air, Lydia held her breath and her step developed a slight bounce of excitement as they made their way nearer. Her bouncing did cease for a moment as she saw the expression on James' face and her brow furrowed as her hand curled around his, "James? Is something wrong?" She questioned softly as she watched Renee walk nearer to the tree and shifted her eyes towards the runestones as they glowed with power.

Zer0 Zer0 Katsuya Katsuya

Renee smiled when she heard the tree's wonder, nodding her head. "It's nice to meet you, Ethellion." She froze in place when she felt that familiar sensation, her limbs trembling as she remembers from the past months. Eyes unseeing but seeing. Her wings flapping before spreading open in her shock, affected by what's Ethellion's feeling at the moment.

When she heard her brother and Lydia voices, Renee stuttered. "E-ethellion is going through my memories. H-he's saying that the dark dragon egg in Paroosia is the Devourer's son and that we should destroy him before he hatches." She didn't look back at all as she stayed in place.

"Ethellion, do you know of a way to destroy the egg? Valdanr is there guarding it and we can't really do much with him in the way to stopping the egg."

- Ethellion -
" Sacred Grounds "

"I forgot about Ifrit again." James whispered quickly to Lydia, embarrassed, before listening to Renee. Somewhere in the construction area of the Jade Palace, a djini had been standing in the same spot, being stared curiously at by workers day by day.

James wasn't as surprised as he thought he'd be to learn it was the Devourer's son, after all Valdanr called it prince before. He looked to Lydia and then back to his sister when Renee asked about how to stop the egg. According to memory, he had only witnessed two: Renee's light arrows, and Lydia's new rune.

'You know how, Renee Pendragon.' said Ethellion. 'You and your friends have done it many times before.'

"Huh?" Renee's eyes widened at that piece of information before shaking her head and concentrates. Her hands squeezing Kenren's parchment roll as some sort of comfort.

"We have? How?" Renee asked, her wings fluttered in confusion. "We were trying to come over here just to talk with you on stopping him. How could we have done it many times before?" Why did he look into her light arrows and Lydia's new rune? Unless...

That's a way to stop him?

"Lydia's new rune...and my light arrows...?" She knows the shades don't like her arrows...or the sun at all so...

Last edited:
Lydia's eyes widened at James' statement and the stunned look softened into one of amusement as she hugged against him, whispering, "I'll remind you when we get back," after that, she stayed silent, her brow furrowed as she listened to Renee explain what Ethellion was discussing with her. She hadn't really thought it had been anything unrelated to the Devourer, all signs pointed that it was. She had glanced down at the ground in thought, but looked back to Renee as she asked about how to defeat it before looking to the tree as she awaited an answer.

- Ethellion -
" Sacred Grounds "

"Alright." whispered James, feeling more certain that he didn't need the djini anymore having forgotten him twice in a row now. He knew the answer to that was standing in Lydia's place, wearing her mage robes and holding his hand.

'Yes.' said Ethellion. 'You have everything you need . . . you and your friends, the countless struggles you've all been through and learned from has made you ready to save our realm.'

If Renee relayed that to everybody, Johnny would gape, realizing how profound Sunny's wisdom was at that time he called Renee. Everyone back then was dumbfounded. Why her, an ordinary herbalism student, when there were so many powerful witches and wizards in the realm? Did he somehow know the future? That the simple act of calling her to him that Spring Festival many months ago, would trigger a chain of events that would gather the guardians together and prepare them to face the threat of Ragnarok?

Renee stayed quiet for a moment, a shaky hand went up to cover her gaping mouth as she realized the implications. With a heavy and shuddering sigh, she relayed what Ethellion said and watched Johnny gape too. Echo had her eyes wide open. Serena's smile was wiped clean from her face. Chenglei stared at her blankly in disbelief.

It was necessary...this whole trip to the other side of the storm wall was necessary for them to get stronger to fight Valdanr and destroy the egg...

But then that raises another question. "Why me?" Is what she asked to the tree. "Why is it that I can hear you and the other Manna trees? How did Sasagea know what to do?" Renee is obviously confused, frustratingly so. It has been bugging her since this whole thing started. "I am nothing special. My wings are from an accident. There's no way he could have known this whole chain of events will happen..." Then she added weakly. "Could he?"

Fate and destiny were a funny thing. Somehow all the pieces worked together to bring this particular group of people together for this particular reason. Anyone could have been born the true guardians, the true virtues. It had been expected that those gifts would have been bestowed on the descendants of the former guardians, but they weren't. Maybe it was the abilities that those who had become the virtues would inevitably possess, of course it could have been that they possessed those abilities because they were the virtues but they'd never know.

Lydia's eyes had widened slightly at Renee's declaration as she considered the implications and everything they had gone through and learned and all of it together. She smiled, a strange sort of ironic smile and hugged James. She thought about how she would be if her grandmother never gave her that book. One little change in their pasts and they may never have met. She glanced at Johnny and thought about how if he had never decided to study magic either, he would still be back on the tundra with his family and he never would have met Echo. If Kenren didn't have his drive and desire to unite his kingdom he wouldn't be leading an army. If Chenglei didn't decide to follow Kenren he'd be at home with his grandmother, sister, and fiance. Serena could have never picked up her violin and still be at home being rage filled every day.

Chuckling softly, she glanced at the ground and shook her head, all of these little things added up to something so big that it never would have occurred to them otherwise. They'd all be at home, hoping for something to go against this darkness, never thinking that it was supposed to be them. Lydia shivered and hugged James more tightly. As awful and uncertain things have gotten, she was glad they were all here.

- Ethellion -
" Sacred Grounds "

The manna tree did not know, and told Renee that only Sunny could answer that. 'I speak to you because you know the names of my brothers and sisters. You are the first to know my name since the night I fell down from the sky, and that was a long, long, time ago.' said Ethellion.

James peered down at Lydia when she hugged him, "What's wrong?" he asked, wrapping his arms around her. When she shook her head and shivered, hugging him some more, he rubbed her back and pressed his cheek to her head, hugging her tightly too.

"Ah!" said Seifer suddenly, pointing at Renee. "Your wings are from an accident! You're her!" he made bow drawing and arrow shooting gestures. "That girl from a long time ago in the academy! I'm him the one with my dimples!" he pointed at his smile.

Johnny didn't understand what was going on, and Kenren didn't even bother trying to. The prince just looked at Chenglei and leaned, whispering, "You, me, meant to be." he said with a serious face, but the corner of his lips quirked up in a smile before he resumed his calm princely air.

'Go now, Renee Pendragon, you and your good friends.' said Ethellion. 'When you are ready to cross the Storm Wall, come to me, and I will open the way.'

Renee didn't know if she should feel frustrated that her answer lies with Sunny or honored that she's the first to know of his name. She went with the latter as she learned it's best to be positive as she can. Then she jumped in shock when Seifer pointed at her, telling her his revelation.

She cupped her mouth again as once again that fate had it's hand in this as well. If Seifer didn't teach her archery, she would never be able to draw a light arrow fron her bow. She wouldn't be alive from the shades under Sunny's roots. She wouldn't be able to help Mia or the city of Holt or the Elves from Ashenvale...

Seifer would have been a Deathknight by now and she wouldn't be able to save him because she didn't know how to knock an arrow to save his soul...She wouldn't be stubborn either and would have given up in the beginning...

When Ethellion told her to go, Renee looked up at the manna filled tree before nodding with a bright smile and ran off into Seifer's arms. She started to laugh in disbelief as she hugged him and left butterfly kisses on his face as she tippy toed up. "I can't believe it...you're the boy who taught me how to knock an arrow..." Her wings fluttered happily.

"This whole time and you were so close too-! " Renee smiled brightly before giving him a kiss. She relayed to everyone about Ethellion possibly taking then back to the other side of the Storm wall once they were ready. Then she thanked Ethellion for what he has told her and answering her questions.

Echo looked at Johnny in a new light as her breathing hitched. She nuzzled his cheek with hers and giving him a kiss too. "Thank you for being there when I'm scared or lose my confidence." She whispered quietly in his ears."If I hadn't met you, I would never sing in front of crowds before."

As for Chenglei, he had a moment of not being a hardened soldier; his smile was shy and tender when he heard Kenren's whisper. He lightly bumped his shoulder with Kenren's as an agreement and lightly kicked a pebble. Then that smile changed back into suave mode as he watched the kids have their moments. Standing straight and tall.

Serena, on the other hand, stayed quiet and sighed. So it's her path to go alone without Seth...Then a determined glint in her azure eyes appeared. She silently promised that she will see Seth again, along with Sen and Minnie. Besides that means she was suppose to help Hisaya and become friends with him. That's something she will be happy about; having a friend like Hisaya. Actually having everyone in the group as a friend too, her real honest to graces friends.

Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
Lydia shook her head to James' question, "I suddenly really miss my grandmother," she nuzzled against him as he leaned his head against hers, "if she hadn't given me that book... the one your father is holding in my soul room, I wouldn't be here right now."

She perked slightly at the exchange between Seifer and Renee. She wasn't really sure what they were talking about, but she assumed that they had met some time ago, which would definitely explain Renee's earlier feelings for him despite his attitude. She couldn't help but smile again at all these little things that had brought them all together and looked up at James, "I can't wait for you to meet her... I'm sure she'll make an appearance after all of this is done and we visit my family."

When all was said and done and they had the answers to at least their immediate questions, Lydia sat in silence holding James' hand on the way back to Awashima, marveling at what a mystical thing fate was and as she gave James' hand a little squeeze, she thought about how grateful she was that it had worked in her favor.

- Sky -

"I know, that was really slow of me!" laughed Seifer, hugging Renee and smiling under her kisses. "White hair and dimples, of course it was me! And there I was thinking there was someone more handsome than me in your eyes in the academy." he shook his head, chuckling.

Johnny was surprised at Echo's words. "Our first date really had an impact on you, Echo?" he smiled, nuzzling her back, then facing her to cradle her head in his hands. "You're welcome, Echo Mello." he kissed her forehead and hugged her. "Thank you too for being my family."

Kenren suddenly stretched out a hand and gently pulled Serena to his and Chenglei's side, ruffling her hair. Everyone was in pairs at the moment and sharing some love, and he didn't want her to stand alone. Perhaps Chenglei's sentiments had affected him.

"I'd love to meet her, she sounds different from the rest of your family, and read that special book with you too, Lydia." said James, swaying in place in this comfortable hug. "I like your hugs." he added.

As they flew back to the floating stone dragon city, James looked at Renee's back, thinking about how so many months ago he had tried to stop her from coming here. How very wrong he was that time --- or was it very right? Everything they had done, bad choices and good, all summed up to who they were at this moment, and this moment is good. And for some odd reason, it made him more peaceful of the things in his past that he didn't like, and accepted them.

"Lydia, remember when we were in Leviathan's belly, I had something difficult to tell you?" He squeezed her hand, then let go of it as he took a deep breath. "Can I tell you all about it later today?"

- Hours Later -
" Jade Palace, Awashima "

Kenren had taken Lydia and Renee aside to talk to them about defeating Valdanr and that egg. He asked Lydia if she could change the sealing rune she engraved on Seifer's cuffs to one of destruction. He had a crazy idea. As far as they know, Valdanr's hide was unnaturally resilient for a dragon, but what if they entered his soul through Renee's spell and destroy him with that rune?

Meanwhile, James was in his room wondering what to gift Ifrit with, though it would probably be more polite to go to him immediately right now instead of dallying even more. He decided to give it later, and hurried over to the construction site where, indeed, there was the djini.

"Have you decided upon your wish?"

"Not yet, Ifrit." said James. "Sorry for forgetting about you."

The djini looked upon him in disbelief again. "You're an odd one, aren't you? How could you forget about me? I grant wishes." he snapped a fiery thumb.

"I think it was because I didn't feel like wishing anymore."

"Then why did you summon me?"

"It was an accident."

"How could you accidentally summon me?" he said, quite curious and baffled at James.

"I was in the arms of my giant owl bear with Lydia my . . . " he could not find a word for her, girlfriend didn't do it justice, so he decided for the closest thing, "Lydia, and we were being rattled around by dragons who were being controlled by my sister's boyfriend, a deathknight, who was being possessed by a dragon too. I was dizzy, I was trying to conjure my lightning salamander, but my speech was slurred, I think I had a concussion, and then you came out."

". . . I see. Then, it is my duty to accompany you until you've finished making your third wish."

"Yes. By the way, Ifrit, when you grant a wish, does something bad happen for it to come true?"

Lydia only giggled and shook her head, "James... that book's just party tricks... smoke and mirrors," she smiled warmly as he said that he liked her hugs and gave him a kiss on his cheek, right at the corner of his mouth.

She glanced to the others as they had their moments before her eyes fell on Serena and she gave her a knowing smile followed by a nod and whether she realized what it was for or not, Lydia mouthed the words, 'thank you,' because if it hadn't been for Serena's decision not to pursue a relationship with James even after what had happened, Lydia wouldn't be there with him.

When they were flying back and James grasped her hand, asking her about her memory of what he said in Leviathan's belly, she thought for a moment before nodding and smiling slightly, though as he let loose her hand, she frowned and her expression became concerned, "u-um... of course."

* * * *​

When Kenren took her and Renee aside and asked about the rune she had put on Seifer's cuffs, she thought for a moment and wouldn't give him a definitive answer but did tell him she would try her best. It would be a difficult task because while it wasn't an overly complex rune, it was imbued by a specific magic that Valdanr was weak to and changing that could make him invulnerable, but it was alright because she had a wonderful resource to help her, Historia.

Lydia felt like she had a mile long list of things she needed to accomplish before they left for Dalaran. The magic aptitude on this side of the Storm Wall didn't seem to be the same as that on the other side so she thought it would be better to wait until they got to Dalaran before she and James got tattoos, she felt that it would be a higher success rate for James' especially if they waited. A city full of mages should definitely be able to do an excellent job on an arcane tattoo.

So up until they left she would work on the spell circle for James and craft the ink necessary, if anything just so they had something to try out the spell circle with and make sure it worked before it became a permanent mark on James' hand. Now with the added task of altering the rune for sealing Valdanr with one capable of destroying his soul, her work seemed to increase tenfold, and not only that but she still needed to write the letter to her own family and the one from Hisaya. Some of these things could wait and she needed Historia's knowledge for the rune before they had to leave so her first stop was to once again travel to Historia's to seek her counsel while she waited for James to handle his business with Ifrit.

Renee shook her head, giggling. She cupped his cheeks, gently pulling his head down a bit as she placed one more kiss on his forehead. "You're more than just handsome," she whispered as she hugged him again, "You're brave, considerate, funny, and smart. You're a survivor who wouldn't give up and goes with the flow." Her arms squeezed him meaningfully. "You're a wonderful father to Sirius and my sweet and gentle love. My sweet Seifer." Her face was totally red by the end of it with her wings fluttering and flapping wildly and a smile that's so warm but he can tell it came from her heart.

"Yes, it did." Echo muttered her ears folded back timidly when he kissed her forehead. "Without you, I wouldn't been able to face my fears and doubts." Sighing, she hugged back, squeezing him tightly and nuzzling her face onto his neck. "You're welcome, my solid marshmallow Johnny."

Serena yelped in surprise when the Prince pulled her in and ruffled her hair as that never happened before. She blinked her eyes at him...before sniffing with tears welling up at the corners of her eyes. Chenglei smiled, fixing her hair a bit before gently hugging her and thanking her for being there. The blonde violinist almost lost her self control...until she noticed Lydia's silent thanks.

Boy, did she cry. Fat warm tears just bursts out and tackle-hugged the Prince and soldier with surprising strength, bringing them down in her thin arms and just cried with a huge smile on her face. Chenglei looked at Kenren with wide eyes and looking like he wanted to laugh at the whole picture: two very tall men being pulled down to a girl's chest in such an awkward position. Then he patted Serena's back. "There there, Serena. There there..."

Echo handed Serena a decorated napkin to wipe her tears and nose and Renee snuggled her as she calmed down, walking their way to the dragons. The Pendragon teen pondered about something before looking back at her brother. She smiled at him, encouraging before looking forward again.

Once they landed and Kenren pulled them to the side, Renee looked at him like he was insane. "...Are you feeling well, Ken-chan?" Like she should ask him that. She knows that she's the less likely person to ask him that of all things but still...it's definitely an idea.

"There's a problem. How in the nine realms am I going to touch his chest? Are...Are we just going to somehow pin him down or something?" Maybe Echo's destructive spells will help? Renee pondered for a moment and nodded at what Lydia was saying. They can do this...hopefully...

- Historia's House -

James had reassured Lydia that it wasn't about the two of them before they parted. He rejoined her later at Historia's house, where the historian with her smoky head was passionately telling her about the history of Valdanr and the Devourer as she asked Lydia all that happened when they visited the manna tree.

"Ethellion! So it is a he!" she giggled, offering Lydia some rock cakes on a tray floating on her wispy smoke, as she wrote in the common tongue all that happened in a book that was dated this year. "I thought it was a she, because it was short and squat like a teapot. Wonderful, wonderful, that's three names of the seven manna trees in Midgard, and all in one year --- enter!" she added when there was a knock at her door.

James came in with Ifrit floating behind him.

"No, no, no! You stay out!" said Historia, shooing the djini outside. The celestial being look affronted and then blinked as though he recognized her.

"You. You are that noisy one who kept bugging my last master during the first age. You haven't died yet?"

"Of course not, I don't age, remember? Now shoo, or you'll set my papers on fire."

"I have a duty to ---"

"Oh, pishposh. James, Ifrit must stay outside." the historian glanced at him. James nodded, listening to this conversation with interest. Without a word, the djini allowed himself to be ushered out the door by Historia's smoke, as James took a seat beside Lydia. He automatically took out his rolls of parchment, quill and bottles of ink, prepared to help her with her task.

"Historia, how old are you?" he asked her with interest.

"About oh, two hundred thousand and eighty five human years." said Historia closing the door.

"You look like the dragons in their man-like forms, but you're not one. Are you a nymph?"

She laughed, "No, I am Historia. It was I who taught them how to look like me. I know you are looking for a race, but I am the only one of my kind, I am Historia." she bowed. James smiled. "And now, I must ask you of your visit with Ethellion. It does wonders to history when there is more than just one point of view."

Later that day, James asked Lydia when would be a good time to talk. And when the time came, he asked her to come with him for a walk outside where he took a nervous deep breath and began with, "I hurt my sister . . . really, really bad."

Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

- Earlier -

Kenren said he did not know how they were going to do it, but it will involve some smart fighting and a lot of coordination by all of the armies. Echo, whose strength was well known by now after she kicked the giant Gevurah back in its cage, would play a very important part in keeping Valdanr from hurting Renee. They had to talk about who was going to go inside Valdanr's soul and who had to stay outside keeping everyone safe.

This prompted him to call Chenglei and all his men to organize another war council with the leaders to discuss their plans. It was going to be a busy, busy time, but they were all with hope. All of the heroes were invited to join in the battle planning, as they all had key roles in the possible scenarios that could happen. They still lack information about what's currently going on in the other side of the Storm Wall, and the prince spoke to Chenglei about going ahead to the other side while he left him in charge of the war planning here.

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
Earlier that day as Kenren summoned his men to organize a war council, Chenglei listened in and agreed that yes, they all have a role to play in this war. However when the Prince suggested that he goes to the other side while the blonde stays in Awashima with the kids until they are ready; he narrowed his eyes.

"Ken'en" Chenglei started as they were alone at the moment. "Why are ya goin' tuh da otha side while leavin' da kids here? Wha are ya plannin'?" He looked worried with brows upwards and arched down with a small frown.

Zer0 Zer0

- Awashima -

"We can't coordinate with our allies outside without being able to talk or even write to them." said Kenren. "That's why I'm going ahead to tell them of our plans. I can't trust anyone else with matters here except you, so will you stay here, Chenglei?"

Katsuya Katsuya

"No." Chenglei said. "No, Ken'en. Wha' if somethin' else happens tuh ya? I understand that you dun trust anyone else with the matters here an' dat we need tuh talk wit' our allies but Ken'en, ya almost knocked on death's door once. I dun want dat tuh happen again."

Zer0 Zer0

- Kenren Taisho -
"Jade Palace, Awashima"

Kenren's expression softened. "Then, if you will come with me, who can I entrust all that's happening here to? James' weakness is his sister, Lydia has a lot in her plate, Echo doesn't know anything about war and doesn't talk to the leaders, Johnny is friendly but he doesn't lead battles . . . he leads his summons and he knows the languages . . ." here he got to thinking. "Actually, he has good relations with everyone . . . He knows how to organize a play . . . Perhaps I can leave instructions to him . . . What are your ideas, Chenglei?"

Katsuya Katsuya

Chenglei thought for a moment, eyes wandering around the room as he tapped his index finger on Kurosaki's hilt. "Perhaps we can trust the kids." He concluded. "Johnny would be the best bet to having good relations and Echo is his pillar of strength whenever there's a female around so she can handle the women with Johnny. For James, I believe it's best to take Renee off his hands and come with us."

He sighed, already knowing that the older Pendragon and the Rathmore heir is not going to like that idea. "We should also leave Seifer here. Reason why I mention him is because he and Renee have their souls linked together. We can communicate with the kids here through Seifer and Renee's connection by using her Aqua Curare. James will know that his sister is okay and will concentrate on making plans here." He can already feel James' intense steely glare on his back for suggesting this.

"What do you think?"

Zer0 Zer0

- Kenren Taisho -
"Jade Palace, Awashima"

"That's an excellent plan, Chenglei." said Kenren, surprised. "Good, we'll do that. We'll talk to those four. I had forgotten Johnny's fear of women, that would make him unsuitable as he'd instinctively give way to an intimidating one --- actually, he'd give way even if they're not really intimidating. Echo can counter that." he remembered that gossip he heard about him and his family and Echo standing up for him.

Katsuya Katsuya

When Serena burst out crying after Lydia had mouthed the phrase of gratitude to her, Lydia's eyes widened in shock and she very obviously looked like she had made Serena cry. She hurried away from James and went to cuddle Serena just like the other girls, "sh-sh-sh..." she looked at Renee and Echo like she had done something wrong, "I-I-I-I'm sorry, Serena! I d-didn't mean to make you cry!" She said softly with a panicked tone.

She was glad that what James had to say wasn't about them, but obviously still concerned. When she thought about it more, she guessed that if it had been about them it should have come out by now so she wondered what it could be but decided not to stew on it and would just wait until James brought it to light.

A smile was on her face to Historia's reaction at the given information, she found it amusing that Historia was judging the trees gender by its appearance but she didn't really know much about trees, or any plants for that matter so maybe that was a way to determine the gender of vegetation. Though the smile dulled slightly as she eyed the rock cakes before looking back to her hostess, "um... Historia...?" she said as she cautiously took one of the cakes, turning it over and examining it slightly, "when we were here... after you had been kidnapped... we were looking for something to eat and all James found were mushrooms, were those edible?"

As James entered Historia's home, Lydia smiled brightly and watched the interaction between Historia and Ifrit with both amusement and interest. She waited until Ifrit did as Historia bid, she couldn't imagine the horror of having this great wealth of knowledge that was Historia's home burned to the ground and she shivered slightly, "Historia, who was his master then?" She wanted to know simply because Historia had evidently bothered them and that amused her. After that she was silent as James described his view of the meeting with Ethellion and when he was done she began showing him her ideas for possible runes they could try, though she did wish they still had Greed's core to test on because otherwise she had no idea how they would be sure which design would work.

When James asked when would be a good time to talk, Lydia told him whenever he was ready to and so when he was ready and asked for that walk, she set aside what she had been doing and went with him, walking in silence until he was ready to speak. When he finally did, she looked at him with a furrowed brow, but she didn't speak. She didn't ask any questions, just simply waited for him to continue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back