Howdy There! 'o^_^o'

Nicesta

Dracon Dancer
I'm terrible at these. I know so much about myself yet have so very little to say concerning the topic. I like makeup. I like biology, physics, chemistry, etc. I used to be into anime... like heavily, but that lost its luster and is now mundane. The last one I sort of watched was Psycho Pass. It was good, but I couldn't force myself to focus on it long enough to finish it. The same thing happened with Steven Universe. My life revolves around trying to reverse the revolutions of life. Ergo, disrupt anything I can to shoo away the doldrums that are so ubiquitous in life. I haven't done anything seriously associated with role playing (besides virtual games) in a long while. I decided that it was high time I fell off the wagon again.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Well, hello there!

Welcome to RPNation! I hope you find some awesome friends and everything goes well with you!

Feel free to talk to me at any time if you ever need any help.

Anywho, it was a pleasure to make your acquaintance,

Nigh, the Girl Who Plays with Knives.

Well, hello there!

Welcome to RPNation! I hope you find some awesome friends and everything goes well with you!

Feel free to talk to me at any time if you ever need any help.

Anywho, it was a pleasure to make your acquaintance,

Nigh, the Girl Who Plays with Knives.

Hello and thank you!

Well first off hey and hi.

Secondly maybe you just need to try some more diverse anime. Try out Monster if you want amazing story and okay animation. Or if it's the animation style then that's a different list, as is the ones geared towards dystopia type stories.

SU is great but it's not for everyone. Maybe check out gravity falls. 

Welcome! You're trying to break the norm? Well getting on this site is one way, jump from one rp to another you'll be switching and changing yourself up pretty fast. 

howdy pard

congratulations on not being a weeaboo anymore

Hey!  Welcome!  

I'm new too c: 

welcome, welcome~

Welcome!

Welcome, user, though I've got one question for you... *Deep breath* WHAT ARE THOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE?!?!?!

Here are my Hosted Projects if you're interested in psychological-style stories:

What are those? I'm unsure of what you're talking about. I read the summary for Flipside and loved it. I didn't read the other one yet, but just reading this alone was thrilling.

Well first off hey and hi.

Secondly maybe you just need to try some more diverse anime. Try out Monster if you want amazing story and okay animation. Or if it's the animation style then that's a different list, as is the ones geared towards dystopia type stories.

SU is great but it's not for everyone. Maybe check out gravity falls. 

I have watched girly animes, gory animes, thrillers, horrors, adventure, fighting, etc. I liked Monster a lot, but (as with most) I didn't finish it. My preference lies in psychotic thrillers like Mirai Nikki, Monster (I know it's also in the detective genre as well), Death Note, Elfen Lied, Gantz, etc. I even watched Ichigo 100% and thought it was cute. Animes like Welcome to the NHK, Paranoia Agent, and FLCL are all interesting. My favorite, for a very long time, has been Evangelion.

SU? I'm not so great with acronyms. I might have mentioned it... and completely forgot that I did. lol sorry

------------------------------------------------------------

Thank y'all for the welcome! I hardly ever actually make an introduction on any sort of forum unless it's required (besides this one). Salud!

Welcome! You're trying to break the norm? Well getting on this site is one way, jump from one rp to another you'll be switching and changing yourself up pretty fast. 

Just the norm in my life. I like the sound of that.

Thank you~

howdy pard

congratulations on not being a weeaboo anymore

Lol thanks. I still enjoy the conceptualization and I've never been a fan solely because it was animated or Japanese. I liked it because the way a story is told and the imagery was unlike anything I found in the US. They're so rich with undeniable charm, wit, etc. Don't get me wrong I like a lot of US/Canadian/EN shows as well, but a lot of the concepts, and philosophical struggles, and hero's quests protagonists take wouldn't work or be popular here. For instance and cultural comparison- take Deadman Wonderland. It's a show about a criminal who was falsely accused, tried, and convicted... who uses his blood to fight. I know that, that's just a vacuous/vague description but it serves its purpose for polarization. Would it work here? Like if you converted almost everything, besides the story, to a more westernized type. I'm guessing not. Maybe... bur probably not lol

Oh! And I've watched many, but I'm never a fan of the scenarios where they say things like "I'll try my best!" or "Let's show them what we can do. We can't let (whoever) take all the spotlight" or even "I'm counting on you" followed my a peace sign or a smile... when you know one of them is probably going to die or get severely injured... or, finally, when they're just about to die... and they get a surge of energy or transform or have some technique they were saving until they were almost dead and out of other options (besides the 20 others they're also saving). I get it... if the protagonist/more powerful/under dog always won it'd be boring. I just dislike how they go about it.

Greetings! Welcome to RPN.

Helloo and thank you too!

"...My preference lies in psychotic thrillers like Mirai Nikki, Monster (I know it's also in the detective genre as well), Death Note, Elfen Lied, Gantz, etc..."

-Future diary takes yandere to an insane new level but it's very good at what id does.
-Death Note is great till like ep.23 ... after which I refuse it's continual decline -_-
-Monster is more than worth finishing if you ever feel up to it.
-Elfen Lied ... *Takes a breath* Wow ... okay so it's short and great ... but man ... so much ... I mean just ... yeahhh ...
-Gantz. Fun fact, like most manga artists and actors the creator started in the erotic industry(I'm sure you can guess that from certain scenes and body design) I like the ideas though it gets a bit much later on. He's taken on a new project too but it's not yet a finished anime.(Meaning it's still a manga)

-Try out Baccano. Short and trippy with the bit of gore and humour. Seems like a good fit for you.

+

"...Animes like Welcome to the NHK, Paranoia Agent, and FLCL are all interesting. My favorite, for a very long time, has been Evangelion..."

-Love WttNHK. Nuff said.
-Paranoia Agent. That means you'll probably love (The late)Satoshi Kon's movies (Animated, "Studio Madhouse"). That gold bat though XD. I'd say watch 'Paprika'. Inception copied a lot from it. The writer for inception and director even says so.
-FLCL. Short and chaotic. A nice 'WTF' anime. 

-I have a few suggestions but they're a bit longer than the movies and Baccano I mentioned.

"...SU? I'm not so great with acronyms.." - Steven Universe.

Gravity falls is another cartoon but waaaaay better and consistent universe wise.Try it out. 

"...My preference lies in psychotic thrillers like Mirai Nikki, Monster (I know it's also in the detective genre as well), Death Note, Elfen Lied, Gantz, etc..."

-Future diary takes yandere to an insane new level but it's very good at what id does.

I don't know what yandere is. I looked it up and found a game. Is that what it refers to?
-Death Note is great till like ep.23 ... after which I refuse it's continual decline -_-

"Absolute power corrupts (and in this instance destroys) completely" is what I got from Death Note. Light was way too intelligent to become such an illogical brat at the end. I suppose they had to keep it within the 26 ep limit... the ending just seemed so rushed.

-Monster is more than worth finishing if you ever feel up to it.

I'll finish it. Another huge reason I usually stop watching anything is I forget what episode I'm on and generally what was happening during whatever episode I was on.
-Elfen Lied ... *Takes a breath* Wow ... okay so it's short and great ... but man ... so much ... I mean just ... yeahhh ...
-Gantz. Fun fact, like most manga artists and actors the creator started in the erotic industry(I'm sure you can guess that from certain scenes and body design) I like the ideas though it gets a bit much later on. He's taken on a new project too but it's not yet a finished anime.(Meaning it's still a manga)

-Try out Baccano. Short and trippy with the bit of gore and humour. Seems like a good fit for you.

+

"...Animes like Welcome to the NHK, Paranoia Agent, and FLCL are all interesting. My favorite, for a very long time, has been Evangelion..."

-Love WttNHK. Nuff said.
-Paranoia Agent. That means you'll probably love (The late)Satoshi Kon's movies (Animated, "Studio Madhouse"). That gold bat though XD. I'd say watch 'Paprika'. Inception copied a lot from it. The writer for inception and director even says so.
-FLCL. Short and chaotic. A nice 'WTF' anime. 

-I have a few suggestions but they're a bit longer than the movies and Baccano I mentioned.

"...SU? I'm not so great with acronyms.." - Steven Universe.

Gravity falls is another cartoon but waaaaay better and consistent universe wise.Try it out. 

Yandere - "Go out with me, Senpai. I will crush anyone who gets in my way of being with you!" Basically over-obsessive to the point of violence.

I don't know what yandere is. I looked it up and found a game. Is that what it refers to?

"Absolute power corrupts (and in this instance destroys) completely" is what I got from Death Note. Light was way too intelligent to become such an illogical brat at the end. I suppose they had to keep it within the 26 ep limit... the ending just seemed so rushed.

Yan-Strange, dere-Love

So basically it's like stalker love. When you have one person in love with you in a severe crazy way.

Sorry yeah till ep 26 where ... stuff happens ;)  I got the order messed up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back