Advice/Help How would you add RPG elements to an rp?

Dragonborn1

For a roleplay how would you implement RPG elements into it? For example, a survival Stalker-like rp with survival mechanics for food, water, supplies, traveling, etc.

Or for a Noir rp have RPG mechanics for guns and mystery.

Maybe a D&D style with dice, or I could use rulebooks from other Tabletop games.
Also would this rp be in the 1x1 rp or the RPG forum?

Google doc to keep track of HP/MP, inventory, abilities, money, and stats. Virtual dice roller. If you think someone may fudge the rolls then you might need to find one that logs the roll history.

My recommendation would be to use a loose D10 or D20 system and use HP/MP, and flash cards for characters, choice of next scenario, etc..

Oldschool D&D stats are helpful for modifiers to dice rolls, or you can homebrew cool things to help cover the lack of rules. One such homebrew that made things fun in something I watched was the lucky attribute, where 1, 3, and 7 are good rolls even if they are normally bad.

Supplies can be tallied initially. Dice rolls by the DM can reduce supplies, and give rewards for events based on outcomes. Looting a battery factory yields more batteries for flashlights, for instance. Not heading down the baked good aisle of a grocery store can yield less food because Twinkies last forever and produce does not. The world is your oyster.

Based on what you are looking for, check out savage world. Using it for a who framed Roger rabbit type toon game. Savage and it's add ons really cover a lot of genres.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back