• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy 'How to Defeat a Demon King in Ten Easy Steps' like RP

Catro the Writer

Sorin High Baby!
Supporter
Heyo all! I recently finished a book called How to Defeat a Demon King in Ten Easy Steps, which was really good. It was a spoof story merging games like Legend of Zelda, Final Fantasy, and Dragon Quest... Though it was mainly Legend of Zelda. It's only on Audible I believe so if you have Audible and want to spend the 5 dollars for a good comfy book I suggest it. But add time over Ig XD.

The book played out like a video game with the characters having different classes that they could obtain through different means: doing certain tasks, certain things happening in a person's life, etc. The main character of the book becomes a "Bag Mage" (A mage who can store stuff in a different dimension and not be encumbered by any of it), which she unlocked the class by wearing a bag and making small deliveries until she unlocked a class. Another class is the Hero class, which you could only unlock it if you had the orphan class. But you could have multiple classes like the main character was a Bag Mage, Slime Slayer, and Bard. And finally with every level up you could put a level into a class getting new abilities, the main character only being able to start with carrying items but at the end being able to teleport, physically lift up most things without feeling the weight, and other things.

The idea for this RP is leaning more toward a Final Fantasy Feild. A group of young people go to kingdom to kingdom, obtaining the powers of crystals to defeat a big bad monster at the end of the RP. Our characters would start with some basic classes, which we can come up with some original classes or use classes from other sources of media, and as we continue we can change to different classes and more powerful classes.

If you are interest please let me know ^^

Last edited:
Id be up for giving this a shot I guess. Would Blue Mage be an option?

While ive not read the book you were basing it off, the Final Fantasy based idea was kinda what i might end up going for more closely, more specifically perhaps the FF14 "Warrior of Light/Darkness" etc. That was also were i had idea of drawing inspiration from for those Blue Mages (TLDR Glorified Carnival Performers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back