• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Help How to change the size of photos?

Chitto

𝓓𝓾𝓶𝓫, 𝓫𝓾𝓽 𝓘 𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝓲𝓽
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hiya! So I guess the title is pretty explanatory, but I will go into more detail as to what I am asking.

I basically know nothing about BBcoding, but I am getting tired of finding photos to use and they take up half my computer screen when I post them.
I use the little "Insert image (Ctrl+P)" button on the bar above (Like where you change fontsize, color, ect).
I tend to you URLs over uploading my own photos because it makes it easier on both me and the storage of my laptop.

So is there a code I could use that allows me to easily change the size of a photo without issues?
Aka Something I can't mess up because I am, indeed, dumb

There are different ways you can do this- my suggestion would be to use a div to format your image. The code would look like this:

[div=width: ##px; height: ##px; background: url("image link goes here") 0% 0% / cover;][/div]

As long as the ratio of width to height you chose is close to the ratio in the original image, you should be good to go. If not, we can get into positioning and sizing and the like, but since it seems like you're just trying to make the images you use smaller I'd say this is pretty much the simplest and most straightforward way to go about it.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
There are different ways you can do this- my suggestion would be to use a div to format your image. The code would look like this:

[div=width: ##px; height: ##px; background: url("image link goes here") 0% 0% / cover;][/div]

As long as the ratio of width to height you chose is close to the ratio in the original image, you should be good to go. If not, we can get into positioning and sizing and the like, but since it seems like you're just trying to make the images you use smaller I'd say this is pretty much the simplest and most straightforward way to go about it.

Hope that helps!
Thank you so much, Ayama! I will see how this goes and if I somehow mess it up I will let you know! Thank you so much for the kind reply!

Thank you so much, Ayama! I will see how this goes and if I somehow mess it up I will let you know! Thank you so much for the kind reply!
You're welcome- if something bugs out or doesn't work, or you want more info, feel free to message me ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back