How much is too much?

<p>

For you, how many separate RPs can you be in before it becomes overwhelming? Personally, I'm pretty much never satisfied with the amount of RPs I'm in and I'm always looking to join/start up more. At any given time I have either 0-1 (extremely frustrating, too much muse, not enough outlet) or 5+ (not entirely plot-heavy--my primary source of RP lends itself well to both long plots and casual interactions that can be dropped at any time, so it's usually a mix of both) and if I ever get bored and <em>really</em> wanna RP but find that I don't owe any responses, I'm likely to try to start yet another. At the moment I have 4 plotted things, 2 or 3 casual interactions, and one that's somewhere in between going, and I was starting to wonder if other RPers tend to be like this too or if it's more common to be satisfied with only a few.

</p>

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, I could only take two at a time. If I try more than two I rush my responses to the other roleplays and I can't be as detailed as I would like to be. I'm pretty sure their are other people who could take five at a time but you know that's just how I am.

It really depends on what you're doing in the roleplay, honestly. GMing is much more time consuming than just being a participant. It also greatly depends on your motivation, your time, and your desires. I am in a lot of roleplays because I can put up a 500-700 word post in about 15-30 minutes, but most of my roleplays are 1v1s, meaning they're (generally) much easier to manage than a group. Heh. As you can see from my signature, I am in more than just a small handful. :P

I'm admittedly in the process of trying to figure this out myself. A bit of a non-answer, but I suppose it's more about the quality than the quantity. I'm finding the rules-free 1x1 format very easy and approachable. I think I'd rather only play a small handful of games that are moving along at a decent clip than many that are moving along at a crawl, and I also don't want to be the person who drops the ball on contributing to a game even though that kind of thing happens so often that it's sometimes blameless.

But yeah, as a general ballpark, I doubt I'll ever be participating in more simultaneous RPs than I could count on one hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back