Other How do you relieve stress?

Attempt to remove the cause of stress. If not possible comfort from dog, comfort from mental distractions.

I like to read comics, watch tv, play video games (preferably ones where I can beat people's asses). If it's a bad day, I'll stare at a wall or walk in continuous circles. If it's a really bad day, I'll cry and go to bed while listening to head scratching asmr.

Meditation or mantras are my go-to, but I also like distracting myself with funny YouTube videos, old game shows, or my favorite movies. Video games are also a good choice if I am not at work. Red Dead Redemption 2 is my favorite for stress relief because it is so immersive.

If I am having a really hard time, I will usually curl up under a blanket or just let myself cry. Crying really helps release negativity.

I shut myself away from the world, with no work, and no notifications, all I do is listen to music and tend to whatever hobby I'm interested in at that moment.

I play Mind Games to vent mostly. When I can't do that, I come to this site to try and listen to someone who is in need of a friend to vent to through PMs. I know what it is like to bottle up my emotions so much that I need to be institutionalized in a psych ward. Multiple times since I was a child. I find that most people just need a good cry and venting, so I always promise to listen without offering advice or solutions. When I can't play Mind Games, I listen to people on this website in PMs so I can help them even if I can't help myself.

Also, there's this really fun game where you follow the tip of your finger while saying "tick, tock" until you fall asleep. I learned Hypnosis while doing that as a kid, I used to have a grandfather clock that I was terrified of back then. That's how I learned.

Honestly, I have to just live with it. Last bit of 2022 and 2023 have been really bad.

If it's stress by something I can't control, I'll either try to distract myself by doing other activities or attempt to "trick" myself into not worrying by thinking about it from an extremely logical perspective. That works most of the time! Generally, I'll play video games, read, or message my friend who lives in Germany. If it doesn't work, I'll just begin rapidly going through my to-do list of chores, to keep myself busy so I dont' have to think about it. Not exactly relieving stress, but, it works!

If I'm stressed by something that's more immediate / within my control, like multiple deadlines for school, physical exertion is very helpful. Running, biking, jumping on the trampoline, etc. Though sometimes, that just gives me more time to think about what's stressing me - which is sometimes helpful, sometimes not. Another thing I'll do is make myself a detailed to-do list, and put all my deadlines on my calender. Putting everything down onto something concrete makes me feel better. Then, eventually, I'll get so stressed out, I just sit down and burn through all the work I need to do. This often ends with me spending several hours doing assignments, then finishing all my work three days early.

It's an imperfect process, but it works, so... that's something, I guess.

I guess RP, though some of them cause me stress, other than that I have a number of physical interests and hobbies, such as working out, shadow boxing, walks in the woods. Sometimes I just rant and have what others term "Red talks". Other times games, or other things akin to that. Sometimes I read, really just depends.

I used to do martial arts. I wish I still could but no gym nearby (least not one that offers classes) plus just general lack of time/energy. Then I could beat people up and it would be okay lol

Listen to music, watch some content from creators I like, play games, or just go for a long drive. I think driving relieves the most stress for me honestly

definitely creative activities for the most part, but at a certain point it's just time to take a nap

I roleplay/write, draw, do my dailies on Genshin, or just play a no brain-power parkour game.

(That or pick up a new show to watch, preferably a short 12 episode one I can binge in a day or two)

I lay on the floor quietly until I decide I was being silly and everything actually going to be okay and then I’m good 🤷‍♀️

I didn't start lifting for stress relief specifically but it has become a huge escape for me when RP or relaxing games aren't on the table or seeming effective. Small things like warm tea and a hot shower are underrated too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back