Other How do YOU deal with stress?

Phadia

Tomato Goddess
Or anxiety?
Had one of those days where my brain just won't stop panicking, and I wondered what you all did when that happens to you.

For me, I usually take a nap, reply to (or read a good reply in) an RP, or play a video game.
But how do YOU cope with anxiety?

Music. I don't have any anxiety or anything, yet music is my medicine. I usually think about cool guitar riffs from my favourite songs or recite the intro lines to a cheesy nineties hit.

Music. I don't have any anxiety or anything, yet music is my medicine. I usually think about cool guitar riffs from my favourite songs or recite the intro lines to a cheesy nineties hit.
Nice! That's a great one... how could I forget? XD Though, music, at least for me, can make my mood really bad sometimes. Depends on the music I guess.

I like to pop bubble wrap when I'm stressed... It's so satisfying...
Or listen to ASMR. Oh the tingles!

Rock and Roll Boy was onto something with the music, music helps me cope with my stress and some of my anxiety.
Other ways I cope with stress is I walk away from the situation until I calm down and then come back to it later when I am at a better peace of mind. But if I'm stressed at school, I usually talk about what has me stressing out to one of my friends because it makes me feel a bit better and sometimes they have advice.
Anxiety is something I have struggled with for a few years, recently I went onto Amazon and bought this gem https://www.amazon.com/Spinner-dura...8-1-spons&keywords=ball+bearing+spinner&psc=1 and it has helped TREMENDOUSLY with both my stress and anxiety. It's also really fun to play with when you're bored :)

Exercise helps to relieve stress because of how it releases endorphins which make you feel better. So for me, I run. Despite how unpopular the idea is with a lot of people.

I just distract myself somehow, usually through writing or studying.

When I have an anxiety from my OCD (which is an entirely different monster), I usually slap myself if it gets too bad. Not with enough force for it to actually hurt, just enough to... it's difficult to describe, but disturb the thought pattern, I guess. It's like a reset. Hey, it's strange, but it works.

Whenever I get stressed, I just eat a baby.

Sorry, typo. I said, I tend to watch comedy sketches or standup for a while so I forget about things.

Listen to Eminem or other music that inspires me. Then I create by any means necessary

My husband saw my first panic attack two weeks before our marriage. I didn't keep this a secret from him, but being around him usually kept me completely calm. Unfortunately, we had a run in with something that is all too familiar to me, and it kicked in. This was also the first time he had ever seen me bawl for no apparent reason.

But I can't tell you how great it felt.

Once he figured out what was happening, he grabbed me and held on so tight, I could have sworn he thought I was dangling off a cliff, and I sure felt like I was. Since then, he's come to spot the signs. I'll cling onto his shirt, I won't eat, my feet and hands won't stop moving. And somehow, somehow, he knows exactly what I need every, single, time.

"Let's go on a walk, Sweettart." (his main nickname for me.) "When was the last time you worked on your story? You're editor is waiting for the next part." And the best of them all. "Is it 'hurting'?"

He knows what "hurting" is. "Hurting" is when I feel my imagination is stuck, on halt, or I just haven't had the time to stretch it. And it seriously HURTS. It's like a constant moving pain in my chest and stomach. And when it "hurts", is when he tells me to go draw. Drawing is my best way to remove that anxiety.

For me i could do several things. i could play games, listen to music, go for a run...anything to remove me from the situation that is causing the stress

Users who are viewing this thread

Back