Other How do YOU deal with stress?

How I deal with stress? A big part of my life philosophy is contained within my signature below. Read it.

I deal with stress by taking things one step at a time. For example, I made it a goal to lose 15 pounds before the end of May, 2017. Right now, that's all I focus on. Everything else becomes secondary. I don't stress out about petty bullshit that has nothing to do with my goal. I'm streamlined into achieving it.

That's essentially the message of my signature. Live in the Now and don't worry about tomorrow.

Therefore, do not be anxious about tomorrow for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

I also wanna add...

My faith in God, and the fact that I have a personal relationship with Him, helps a lot. This isn't anything superstitious. It's real. I feel His presence in my life. I feel Him blessing me, guiding me, and watching over me.

I recommend you find the same relationship with Him the way I have. If you seek Him out, you will find Him.

Smoking was something I used to do when I'm stressed out but ever since I quit, I picked up something more artistic in nature to calm my nerves. Music sometimes help. Books...

Other times squeezing off a few rounds at the range or blowing stuff up in my backyard is a big stress reliever.

I do something active like go for a run.

Or I cry...running or crying. I don't care what anyone says a good cry is sometimes needed

I don't get anxiety much about many things. But when I do, I usually put on some energetic music that's nostalgic to me, such as Final Fantasy VII's boss battle theme. It makes me think of simpler times when I was younger, and thus helps me relax by reminiscing about those times.

I feel like it's always way better to release stress physically. If I had a punching bag, I'd go to it for sure... But since bashing my pillow makes me feel too guilty, I have stress balls that I squeeze the hell out of. Just a few good squeezes and I'm able to relieve enough stress to think with a clearer head about what best to do next about a given situation.

Eating Little Debbie's Zebra Cakes and sleeping in bed.

Call me a psycho, but playing violent videogames helps, GTA, Saints Row, all that jazz. So long as you don't take it into the real world, they can be great for taking it out on poor, innocent virtual people, that's just me though. I drink tea and listen to my favourite band aswell tho.

I eat my favorite food, which is currently Korean cuisine. Or I distract myself with anything, games, books, etc.

When I was a kid, I had stuffed animals that I would use as my "council" to talk myself through stressful times. I still do the same thing, except I talk to my walls nowadays, rather than stuffed bears.

CLEAN. That's my go to. I mean scrub brush, tooth brush, pull out the steam cleaner, move the furniture kind of cleaning.
Otherwise, writing, or exercising.

Or anxiety?
Had one of those days where my brain just won't stop panicking, and I wondered what you all did when that happens to you.

For me, I usually take a nap, reply to (or read a good reply in) an RP, or play a video game.
But how do YOU cope with anxiety?

Read a book. Meditate. lash out alone but, try to post a reminder not to hurt myself.
talk to someone who doesn't know me to keep me sane.
write in my journal as much as I can until the feeling passes me by.
basically everyday, trying to beat the hell of and stay alive.
a check list of accomplishments to let my brain know I'm doing alright.
or--- sleep it off. If I can.
it really depends on what type of anxiety, pressure you're facing. If you managed to find out what's distressing you.
it would be best if you can speak to someone who can see the bigger picture.
although, it would be better if you avoid the type of people who would tell you to toughen up all the time. find someone you think who'd be sensible enough to literally LISTEN.

When I'm stressed, I just try to practice good self care. I'll take a bath, read a book I like, maybe eat my favorite food. Sometimes being gentle with yourself from time to time is beneficial. (:

Usually just a hefty dose of alone time will help. I'll just listen to a podcast and/or play some games and that usually does the trick. Being with people, especially my family, tends to just make it worse unless they're close friends.
Not that I dislike my family, just they stress me out a bit.

PC gaming, carving up some clay, putting time and emotion into writing dnd storylines for future games.

When I am major stressed or when my wife has an anxiety attack we talk, play pokemon together, or go for a walk. If she is not home then I play Romance of the Three Kingdoms. She knows when she see's me playing that it has been a very bad day but that game just makes your brain numb from all the math you have to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back