Advice/Help How Could I Improve My Interest Check?

Says it all in the title. This is my interest check and I need some help with how it looks. Should I use different BBCode? Should I get rid of the code entirely? Should I change the name? I need whoever you are to critique everything. Take it apart piece by piece if you want to! Just let me know if and how I should change it.

Coding has very little to do over the content so don't sweat over that. The name of it is also fine. What specifically are you dissatisfied about your interest check?

Everything except the name, but I mentioned the name just in case. I feel like everything should be improved, but I don't know where to start.

You might want to think about why you do not like what you have and take some notes about other people's interest checks that you do like. Then you will be able to change what you don't like about your interest check to reflect what you've seen from other interest checks that you have seen from your research. Stuff like this is difficult to "fix" because there will never be a "perfect" interest check. It's entirely about what you like and you are the only person who will be able to answer these questions.

I want it to appeal to others, though, not just myself. In my opinion, it doesn't matter what I like; it matters what others like and get attracted to a partner by.

Well, if you are that worried about the appearance of the thread, then you can always try asking for coding help in the BBCode Center. In my ten years of experience, trying to cater to what everyone else likes sacrifices your own needs. You may get a lot of attention because people like what you made- but will YOU enjoy it yourself? What is the purpose of creating something you won't get to enjoy in an environment where you should enjoy your time as much as you can?

looking through your interest check, I don’t see much that’s very bad. I think the age thing will turn some people away (saying “don’t ask me about X” makes you seem kinda suspicious, which could hamper your chances with people who worry about their partner’s age. In my opinion, you’d be better off just not bringing it up in the first place, and telling your potential partner you’re not willing to share that personal information if they bring up the topic), and your frankly excessive amount of bumps isn’t doing you any favors, because it makes you look desperate and needy (to be absolutely clear, I am not saying you are either of those things, but that if you bump your thread all the time it makes you look like that).

Beyond that, the coding is simple so it looks fine while still helping you organize, your wording is to the point, informative AND has personality to it, which is awesome, and you have a variety of options, from characters to fandoms to original plots... frankly, it’s a fantastic interest check, straight up. So aside from the two minor things I already mentioned, luck’s really the only factor I can think of that’s not getting you partners, or maybe a lack of interest in the things you offered (though considering their variety, it’d still take a good deal of misfortune for all of it to misfire).

Either way, I wish you the best of luck and happy RPing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back