how about a guessing game?

Gosh. Welll Ima throw what I got just as something we all can think about.

1. B has to be a multiple of both A and C. Or A and C have to be factors of B

2. In all cases, I've seen, where a=b=c it's always true.

3. The 2nd part of this rule can't have something to do with division or subtraction. Since once a triple is true flipping the places of A and C don't change it.

4. Except for when b=1 when both a & c equal 1 the sequence is never true. (Again, only from what I've seen)

I personally think the relationship is something like the sum or product of all three numbers is something. But the way that when all three numbers are the same makes me think it's related to the mean. But other things prove otherwise.

And that's all I think. From what I tried that is.

Gosh. Welll Ima throw what I got just as something we all can think about.

1. B has to be a multiple of both A and C. Or A and C have to be factors of B

2. In all cases, I've seen, where a=b=c it's always true.

3. The 2nd part of this rule can't have something to do with division or subtraction. Since once a triple is true flipping the places of A and C don't change it.

4. Except for when b=1 when both a & c equal 1 the sequence is never true. (Again, only from what I've seen)

I personally think the relationship is something like the sum or product of all three numbers is something. But the way that when all three numbers are the same makes me think it's related to the mean. But other things prove otherwise.

And that's all I think. From what I tried that is.

1,1,1 follows the rule. If I said no to this I made a mistake, and I need to correct that. You guys need accurate results or the game doesn't work. Can you link the post?

The sum, product, and mean of ABC does not matter in the rule.

1,1,1 follows the rule. If I said no to this I made a mistake, and I need to correct that. You guys need accurate results or the game doesn't work. Can you link the post?

The sum, product, and mean of ABC does not matter in the rule.
I know. I meant that it never works except for when it's 1,1,1. That's the only time it's true.

AHhhh okay I think I have it. If I don't then I guess I'm getting banned from here LOL

So, I think the rule is that: B has to be the Least Common Multiple of both A and C

Ok, the new rule is in place.

This one might be a pain in the ass, so here's a hint: it's even simpler than the last one - it can be expressed with fewer words.

And I'll start you off with three sets that follow the rule this time:
1 2 3
5 6 7
9 4 1

However, now we're doing Dante Must Die mode. You only get one other hint this match.

One last thing, from now on we'll stick to positive whole numbers to keep things simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back