• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern House of Psychos

QuirkyAngel

White Masquerade's Blue Oni
Hey all,

I’m wondering if anyone would be interested in doing an rp in which you’ll be rping a psychotic criminal and the setting will be a special psychiatric house for the criminally insane. The basic plot is that you are all extremely dangerous felons, but the government understands it’s not really your fault—so they stick you in a psychiatric hospital and hope to “cure” you. You’re force to undergo “special sessions” designed by the psychiatric nurses to “help” you(no there’s no lobotomy or anything…they’re just friendly group “talks” that you are forced to attend because the nurses think it will help you get better.) However, there is a murderer in the psychiatric house that’s been going around killing the patients they don’t like.

The rp will be styled after a murder mystery game where I will chose one of you randomly be the “killer” and I will be the only to know the killers identity. I’ll slowly reveal hints on each of the “special sessions”. Your job will be to figure out who the Killer is before 6 sessions when the psychiatric house is shut down and you are all forced to return to jail. The Killer’s job is to not get discovered. By the end of six sessions(the end of the rp), I’ll have each character vote on who they think is the killer and the one with the most votes gets carted off to prison(my character will not vote). Afterwards, I’ll reveal who the real Killer is.

There will be 2 psychiatric nurses and 6 extremely mentally ill felons. I’ll be rping as one of the nurses, so I need 1 nurse and 6 felons. Each of the felons will have a specific type of mental illness:

Errors in Perception— You see hallucinations, you hear voices that do not exist. For example, you hear the voice of God telling you to do things, you see your dead mother every night, etc.

Extreme apathy—dissociation from the world…you just can’t care even if you tried. Physically can’t feel emotions. You don’t really think before doing or saying something.

Delusions of Granduer—You think you are god. You think you can do things you can’t do.

Delusions of Persecution—You think everyone’s after you. You are extremely paranoid.

DID –You have multiple personalities, each with their own name, likes, and dislikes.

Extreme Bipolarity—You are very volatile. You switch from two different emotions regularly. Often the emotion is depression and mania, but I will allow any two opposite emotions you want.

Of course, you are free to customize, but your character has to fall under one of these 6 archetypes. I haven’t created the rp yet, because I’m not sure if enough people will be interested. The thing is, I’m looking for really good and creative rpers who can accurately portray a mentally ill character…also the Killer has it hard because they’ll against all other rpers and they have to do their best to make it seem as if they aren’t the killer. Since I’ll be choosing the “Killer” randomly…I’d really like rpers who think they are up to the challenge and don’t mind being villains.

So…any takers?

This looks quite interesting. I'm sure other RPers will catch on. I'm not creative and am rather new to RPing, so I can't take part in this I guess. I just kinda felt like writing this... Good luck on your RP ^^

@KillGill Unless you're a psycho, I don't think you can accurately portray a psycho since a lot of people only have preconceptions about psycho people. I think?

I've got the basic idea for rp in my head, but I didn't want to start until enough ppl show interest.

KillGill said:
I'll join. But I feel this is going to be filled with falsely portrayed psycho's
In all honesty, probably...as Dreambeat said, unless you're a psycho all characters created would simply be preconceptions of what a psychos should be...but what I'm aiming for is simply realism. For example, your character is not evil by nature, but he hears the voice God telling him to kill someone so he does because he believes it's the right thing to do. The characters I'm looking for are felons because of their mental illness--that's what makes them psychos. Not sure if that explanation makes sense...

So, it sounds really cool, but, how does this work as an RP? Isn't the killer supposed to Role play killing everyone? Well, i mean, then OOC wouldnt we all know who the killer is? I like the idea, i just don't see how it will work as a role play. I don't understand how the killer works, or how this would be a good RP with these rules. Or maybe i am simply not understanding.

I think it should just be an role play under these character types, and one of them is killing the others. OOC everyone would know, but they would have to keep the IC not knowing, which can get really hard. Maybe i am missing the point, or everything. Though, i like the idea, and i would be more than willing to join in if i can figure out how this is meant to play out.

Darksoul180 said:
So, it sounds really cool, but, how does this work as an RP? Isn't the killer supposed to Role play killing everyone? Well, i mean, then OOC wouldnt we all know who the killer is? I like the idea, i just don't see how it will work as a role play. I don't understand how the killer works, or how this would be a good RP with these rules. Or maybe i am simply not understanding.
I think it should just be an role play under these character types, and one of them is killing the others. OOC everyone would know, but they would have to keep the IC not knowing, which can get really hard. Maybe i am missing the point, or everything. Though, i like the idea, and i would be more than willing to join in if i can figure out how this is meant to play out.
Thanks for the interest ;)

My idea is that the Killer is not killing rpers, but simply npcs. The "killer" rper creates an npc that his/her character would like to kill based ont their mental illness(a hint of sorts) and tells me via private chat(npc has to be a patient in the hospital). During the "sessions" my nurse character will describe the npc and report his/her death to the group...while giving other hints as well. Based on the npcs the killer chooses to kill, the rest of the rpers must figure out who the killer is based on the mental illness of the given archetypes. They know that the "killer" has to be one of them because the 6 felons (you guys) are the craziest ones in the psychiatric hospital.

This rp will last 6 weeks...there will be a "session" every Saturday. People can post whenever they want and as many times as they want...but characters will have to interact with each other and learn about each other in order to succeed. There will be no ooc...everything will be IC. If you have a question about the rp, pm me...but otherwise we'll be stay IC for the most part.

The Killer doesn't rp killing anyone...he's just suppose to act as his usual psychotic self.

QuirkyAngel said:
I've got the basic idea for rp in my head, but I didn't want to start until enough ppl show interest.
In all honesty, probably...as Dreambeat said, unless you're a psycho all characters created would simply be preconceptions of what a psychos should be...but what I'm aiming for is simply realism. For example, your character is not evil by nature, but he hears the voice God telling him to kill someone so he does because he believes it's the right thing to do. The characters I'm looking for are felons because of their mental illness--that's what makes them psychos. Not sure if that explanation makes sense...
Exactly, people have a tendency to roleplay psychos as somebody who committed an act of violence and nothing else.

KillGill said:
Exactly, people have a tendency to roleplay psychos as somebody who committed an act of violence and nothing else.
Yeah, I'm gonna have to be picky about character applications. That's why I want to hold off make the rp until enough ppl show interest.

But I guess I can get started making the rp more attractive and whatnot.

QuirkyAngel said:
I don't know if you know the book In Cold Blood, but maybe the characters you're looking for are like the killers in that book?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back