• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Hostage Highschool (Closed Temporarily)

Doc

Friendly Neighborhood Sad Boy
Roseview High School was considered a masterpiece of educational architecture. The largest, most diverse, most advanced school in the country. The entire campus had 5 zip codes, and the main building alone had 2 of those.The school was large, and so was the population inside the school. Having over 30,000 students enrolled and attending. Roseview was constantly buzzing. Classes and teacher in session at all times. It was a beautiful institution, with smiling students ready to learn all year round. Perfection. Exactly what any parent would dream of as their child's high school experience.

But all that came to a halt, on the first day of school, on Roseview's fifth year open. Students and teachers filled the halls, as if it was just a normal first day. But some students were acting odd, most all new. New students at Roseview was no odd occurrence, there were always a lot of them. But these had something about them, and when the third period bell rang it began. Several of the new students, and even some old began taking out teachers, and any other staff within the building. Locking the doors from the inside, and keeping as many students as they could within the main building.

Without any explanation, most of the students in Roseview were locked inside the school. Held in with the threat of death by the students who'd locked them in. In no time police, swat, and even the military arrived outside the campus. Students were given hope that these officials would come in and free them. But they didn't. They simply sat outside. Staring at the building. Camped out there. Waiting. No one inside knew why they wouldn't come in. But it was clear to everyone outside why they wouldn't.

Who ever had organized this whole school take over, planted bombs all over the school, and if anyone tried to get in. They'd detonate the entire place, with the students in it. No one knew who it was, or why they'd done this, and that only solidified why no one could enter. Calling a bluff would risk the lives of over 20,000 children. Not the blood anyone wanted on their hands. Parents camped outside the school, hoping to see their child make it out, but no one was leaving. The school's electronic lock system stopped anyone else from being able to get out.

This was how it started. It's been a bit over a week now, and even more hell has broken loose within the school. Food is scarce, and students quickly lost their sense of rules and civility. Only one Rule exists here in this school now. Given to them by the one who trapped them there, through the school's intercom. Be in a room, by 12:00 am, until 6:00 am the following morning. If you don't make it into a room, all doors will lock, and you will disappear. No one knows where they take you, or where you go, but if you're caught out there, you will disappear...

Along with this no one's phone seems to work anymore. With no contact in or out of the school, students begin to lose their grip, not knowing what is actually going on, and wondering why exactly no one comes to save them. Factions, and pacts are made to survive, and get food. Floors are fought for so that each faction has enough space to keep it's member's safe, and most of all for food. With only floors 8, 4, 1 have main cafeterias. Cafeteria 4 being the largest of all three.

Power struggles erupt throughout the school. Gangs, and groups not only want to survive, but they want power. Without rules to dictate what they can and can't do, people feed into any desires they want. Some people just want to fight. Some people just want to survive. Some people just want power. Whatever they want they'll do anything they need to get it. The school has fallen apart...

Our characters are a random group of students who locked themselves in a classroom during the beginning of the lock down. Room 1056, on the tenth and top floor of the school. They've were lucky enough to get trapped in a classroom with a teacher that had snacks, but after a week that food is running short. They all know they have to leave the safety of the room soon. Having been locked in here for the entirety of the lockdown they're completely ignorant to the happenings of the rest of the school. All they know is that they have to get down to floor eight, where there closest cafeteria is, and hopefully find food.

Hi I'm Doc and welcome to the Hostage High School interest check. If you've read this far I'm going to assume your interested in the RP, so now I have to go over a few of the more official stuff, rules, and a less dramatic explanation of the mechanics. I ask that you stick with me here I know this stuff is usually a little boring, but it's pretty vital for you to understand how this RP is gonna go.

I'll start with the mechanics, and a little more of how this RP is going to go. As I stated up above the RP will start with all our characters together in room 1056. This is going to be an RP that's a bit more narrative driven than most other RPs of this nature, by that I mean that there's an end goal in this RP. Get to the first floor and escape. So as such the beginning of the story is going to be very controlled with more choice being given to the characters as they get farther down the floors. Our characters will start as a small caravan of students making their way down to floor eight, and from floor eight things will open up a little more. The RP will be separated into chapters.

Chapter I
Floors 10-7

Chapter II
Floors 6 & 5

Chapter III
Floor 4

Chapter IV
Floors 3 & 2

Chapter V
Floor 1​

As our characters make their way down more and more of the truth of the situation they've found themselves in will be revealed to them, along with the dramatic stakes will increase as greater threats to their lives will appear as they get closer to floor one.

Now I know what you may be thinking. "This is all a little vague, Doc... do you even know what you're planning?" Yes. lol The reason I've being so vague is because that the RP is supposed to be part mystery, so I'll need you to trust me on this one. You might also be thinking that this all seems a little too controlled or short for a real RP, as the story goes on you'll see that things get a lot more complicated than it may seem at first. Each chapter will be longer than the last with Chapter 1 being more of expository chapter to keep the characters close so they can make bonds before things get crazy in the following chapters.

But enough about how this RP will work mechanically. Now onto things like member criteria. Very important.

Be able to post at least once a day
The more the better really, but once a day is a minimum.
This isn't an advanced writer RP, so coming in and playing for a second shouldn't be that hard.

Be mature
This means no gary and mary sue, god modding, all that immature stuff.
Your character is not invincible, and should be dynamic.
Not lonely edgelord kid that sits in the back of the class. They should feel as real as possible.

Be literate
This RP doesn't require you to be a super advanced writer.
Actually it may be best if you avoid essays early on.
But you have to make sure you're able to write well enough for players to understand.
The beginning of the RP will require less out of you, but as the story goes on there will be more to do.

Be Respectful
We're all here to have fun. If someone does something you don't like don't go off.
I'd prefer we not be rude to one another.
If you're doing something that will affect other's characters, go over it with them.

RPN Rules
I see other people put this in their interest checks, so here it is.
Pretty obvious.

Communicate with me
Any issues, questions, requests don't be afraid to tell me.
Actually I beg that you please tell me any ideas that you have.
Having your input can only make the RP better.

Now that I'm done with that. Lets get to the members. There are 10 character openings, this will increase as the story goes on, and the initial group encounters more students from the school so if you don't make it in the first group of students, just message me, and I'll tell you when you can get in later.

Student 1- (Doc)
Student 2- (Fibonacci)
Student 3- (Wafflegirl)
Student 4- (demnkiller)
Student 5- (Stellar Nursery)
Student 6- (_Mars_)
Student 7- (Arden)
Student 8- (Doctor Nope)
Student 9- (Miserable Alchemist)
Student 10- (Nighttimecatplayer)
Student 11- (thehappypikachu)

Alright... I think that's it. If you're interested or have questions you can post below and my DMs are open. Accepting character now. . Thank you, and hope to hear from you soon.

Character Sheets

Out Of Character

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Could I possibly join?

Legit so shook read this before sleeping last night and this was practically in my nightmare //0-0//

Users who are viewing this thread

Back