• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Horror and Mystery Plots Inside

myvalentina

A half forgotten song
Val's Search Thread
Plots and Genres
Here is a list of plots that I've been craving. I'll start with this before all the rules so y'all can get a sense of what I like and what I want to really RP right now. If you have a plot that could be categorized as horror or mystery feel free to share. Maybe we can work on something else that isn't listed below.

If I Can't Remember You (Mystery, Drama)

Muse A is curious to reconnect with an old childhood friend, Muse B, who has just come back to town after decades away. There had been rumors that Muse B had died in a car crash with his family when they'd moved away, but it seems only their parents had died. Muse A has clear memories of when they were children but it was a long time ago so maybe it's not so strange that Muse B seems to have forgotten them.

Details - In this story I'd like to play Muse B as someone who has actually stolen a dead kids identity. Muse B has been living with this false identity for awhile until they find out some old relatives have left them a house and some money in a will. Muse A is the only person in the small town that quickly becomes suspicious of Muse B. If you'd like to play Muse B let me know, but my preference is to play Muse B. Also this might be hard to do in a present time period because of technology and like social media, so maybe if it's set in the 80s or 90s (or further back even) it's a little more plausible.

Added Supernatural Element - Alternatively we can play this plot out with a supernatural bent where Muse B is actually a creature that has taken possession of this person and is trying to accurately pass themselves off as human for whatever reason. Everyone is fooled except Muse A. We can discuss how to proceed from there since there's a lot of different ways this can play out.
The Gap in the Door (Mystery, Horror)********

Muse A and Muse B are both at the same house party, one that has happened every year for the past couple of years in their small town. It's attended by a lot of the local high school kids but hosted by young twenty somethings that have since graduated. It's kind of a sad affair, as some have realized that only those people that haven't really done anything with their lives are still the ones attending. If that wasn't enough as the party keeps going Muse A and B start noticing weird things going on in the house and soon find themselves alone and trapped inside the house with no way out and something stalking them.

Details - This one is specifically based on Silent Hill - PT. Some malevolent force has taken both our characters prisoner inside this house and they are faced with manifestations of their darkest fears, secrets, and insecurities.
The Art is in the Blood Strokes (Procedural, Horror, Drama)

Muse A is an artist who runs a well known art gallery in a prominent city. As a young man he started a series of paintings and plans to finish the set soon but to do so means people have to die to provide the vibrant red blood he uses to paint with. Muse B is a detective on the case of a serial killer who is in the habit of draining the blood from his victims. It gets all more surreal once the bodies begin to be posed in increasingly grotesquely, artful ways and soon things start pointing towards the enigmatic art gallery owner.

Details- Okay this is just a shameless Hannibal ripoff, but since I know nothing about cooking and took an Art History class in high school I'm much more comfortable writing about a serial killer artist. I would prefer to play Muse A since I have a character ready for it, but I could play a detective or FBI character out on the case. Muse B is flexible enough that I'm sure they could be any type of person who embroils themselves into this case so there is a lot of room for changing of the plot if need be. The aspect of obsession that there is in Hannibal we can also change or work with.

A Time for Everything and Everything in Time (Doctor Who, Sci-fi, Adventure)

Muse A is either a Time Lady or The Doctor and Muse B becomes their companion as they go on increasingly incredible adventures across time and space. This could be as connected to the Doctor Who universe as you want (since my own knowledge of DW is kind of limited I mainly just like the space adventure aspect of it). I have a couple of jumping off points, but really the two characters could already have any type of relationship barring like explicitly romantic -- I'll speak more on romance plots later in this thread. I would prefer to play Muse A, but really I just want to play a time-lady so if that means two time-lords running around, that's fine by me.

Where the Forgotten Go (Surreal, Action Adventure)

When things are forgotten sometimes they fall into another dimension. Toys, clothes, money, animals, and very rarely people. Muse A gets sucked into this other dimension where they meet Muse B, who has been wandering this place for a long while and is ecstatic to finally meet another person. They work together to keep each other sane, finding all sorts of things and just exploring and discovering things while they open up to each other. Then something that had been forgotten since the dawn of humans finds them.

Details - This is an idea I had for a fan fiction a while ago and just never got around to plotting it out. Basically I wanted to write about isolation and like materialism in a way. But this is like a dense world building task so it's gonna take a lot of descriptions of dream like situations if anybody is up for that. I usually take on Muse B so I can do some exposition dumps but really either are up for grabs as long as you are willing to talk this writing exercise out with me lol.
They Called her Beast (Gothic Horror, Drama)

A long time ago Muse A was cursed into a beastly form to guard over their family land, but over the years mismanaged fortunes meant the land was abandoned and purposefully lost. Muse A has lived in the increasingly dilapidated mansion ever since and the rare sighting of her from hikers that stray too far into the mountainous region means she's become a cryptid myth. Muse B is a descendant of this family and on having found old accounts of the lost mansion goes on an expedition to find it only to be confronted by a near feral monster still stalking the grounds.

Details: So I really want to play a female beast and in this way twist the old Beauty and the Beast story into something a little more harrowing and maybe creepy. Romance won't save this beast, but maybe the love of a descendant could? Or if you want to create an entirely different character to battle against a crazed beast, go ahead and we can find a different type of relationship that ensues. I want to avoid strictly romantic but convince me otherwise and we'll see.

Notice
Before the rules let me just bring your attention to the fact that none of the plots have romance as a genre on them and that's because I don't particularly like RPing romance. We can discuss it more if you're interested in one of the plots and want to include it. I talk about it a bit more in the rules section.

Rules & Stuff About Me
  • I can be very slow to reply. I know this is already a make or break for people so I want to start here. Just know that a week between posts doesn't bother me whatsoever. Any longer you should probably poke me cause I've gone into panic mode thinking I've made someone wait too long. This doesn't mean I can't do a couple responses a day, but I'm kinda covering my ass here. If you disappear on me I don't mind it much either, just know I'll be around even if you come back. I can be super chill about these things. If I disappear, sorry in advance I can't always figure out when my energy or inspiration will be the most constant.
  • I like to Rp in the threads for the most part, but more importantly I'd like to keep it on RPnation.
  • Like I said I am iffy with romance and tend to lose interest in romance plots. While I like reading it I never feel like I can accurately pull it off especially if it feels forced so I tend not to try too hard to make romance a big part of the role-play. If it's going to be at the forefront of the RP it needs to have plot relevance. We can always discuss it, but just suffice to say I want more things going on than just people in love with each other.
  • I'll play a primary character but I love to throw minor characters around just to add to the world of the RP. Feel free to do the same. Or ask me if it's ok to write for a minor character I've mentioned. More often than not minor characters are up for grabs so we can move the plot along.
  • But obviously no god-modding on my main character/s.
  • I'll be the most active between 12pm and 12am CT.
  • Are you wearing socks? If so, what color are they?
  • I don't have post requirement just give me something to work with. A few paragraphs a post is my norm unless there's like dialogue happening or quick action. I don't want to feel like I'm roleplaying with myself.
  • I'm not a stickler for grammar. If i don't understand something I'll ask you about it and if we really can't understand each other no big deal we can go our separate ways. No judgement.
  • I don't usually have concrete ideas so feel free to change the plot up or add stuff and expand on the rp. We can always discuss it in OOC before implementing too. Mostly I want you to feel comfortable playing with the plot elements I've laid out so that the story is just as much yours as mine.
  • Lastly, I'm not squeamish or easily grossed out so have at it with gore and horror elements and if I have a problem with content I'll say so. Please let me know if you don't like certain themes or if you have any triggers. I'd like us to be honest with each other most of all.
Anything ElseThanks for taking the time to read even if you're not interested!

(I'm definitely wearing socks but they're invisible, so I don't know what color they are).

Oh man I really like the Gap in The Door (even if I haven't played Silent Hill...or seen the movies... It seems really neat though! ) and Where the Forgotten Go plots. They both seem really fun, and for the Forgotten plot I have done similar ideas before.

Hi! interested in "They Called Her Beast" prompt. I'm new but I like to write, and I am looking to post pretty regularly. Let me know if you are interested!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back