][HollyAnne] One on One [KaitWink] [Private!]

Dimitri had a nice little conversation with the guard, probably using a little more of his Vampire compulsion than he needed to in order to get his way. Finally the guard walked over to the door, noticing the defensive position that the human inside had taken. She was obviously poised to attack - or run - if he opened the door. He looked almost fearfully back at Dimitri, but Dimitri's compulsion was too much. "You know," the guard said to Sabreena. "If you want to go home with that friend of yours, you might want to calm down. Otherwise the man that offered to buy you so you two wouldn't be separated might change his mind."

---

Dahlia sat down in the chair quickly, automatically taking up the same position in her seat that she'd been in in her cage. It was just habit to curl up. It made her feel safer, plus she wasn't used to leg room anyway. The guard produced a file with her name on it and scooted it across the desk to the Vampire named Andrew. She watched Andrew go through the paperwork, trying to steal a few glances herself at the file. There wasn't much there, other than where she originally came from, her height, weight, and name, and a small photo of her. She kept glancing back towards the door, wondering if Sabreena was still freaking out in the other room. The fact that she was being taken away made her almost sad. She didn't want Sabreena to be left alone in this place.

"Is this all the information you have on her?" Andrew read through the skimpy file, signing in all the designated places. There wasn't much information there at all, but it didn't change his mind about wanting to buy her. Something about her intrigued him, and he couldn't wait to figure out what it was. He watched Dahlia for a moment as the guard answered a quick yes. He nodded, signing one last time and handing the file back to the guard. The other vampire took it, looked it over, then nodded to himself. He produced one of the pieces of papers Andrew had signed, a receipt of sorts, and handed it to Andrew.

"She's all yours."

+++

"He... what?" Sabreena visibly calmed, relaxing her stance and glancing over at Dimitri. She wasn't used to anyone being nice to her; Dahlia was the first in ages. Of course, she'd also been the first person she'd talked to in forever. Dahlia hadn't been her cage neighbor for very long. "What?" She said again, obviously stunned. The vampire guard, noticing her changed demeanor, felt safer in opening the cage door. He reached in and gripped her arm, pulling her out. She stood, looking from the guard to Dimitri.

Dimitri saw the girl relax and he almost smiled. At least she wouldn't fight him tooth and nail if she knew she was going with Dahlia. The guard pulled her over to Dimitri, who nodded at the guard. The guard left them alone and Dimitri spoke to Sabreena. "If you want to see her, we should get going. They've probably already signed her paperwork for my friend to buy her." He said, starting to lead the way towards the office.

When he reached the office, he looked inside to see that Andrew was just finishing up his papers. "See? My friend is taking Dahlia, but you guys will still get to see each other. I will make sure he brings her along whenever he comes to visit."

---

Dahlia kept peeking out of the door's small window, hoping that she'd see a triumphant Sabreena coming to her rescue. Surprisingly enough, Sabreena DID appear a moment later, but she was with the Vampire that came in with Andrew earlier. Her attention was taken back by the two in the room with her when she heard the guard say, "She's all yours." Dahlia turned back to see Andrew receive a receipt and paperwork saying he'd bought her. She then turned to Andrew himself, wondering what would happen next.

"Whenever he comes to visit?" Sabreena felt her heart sink a little. She wouldn't see Dahlia everyday. Her newfound friend, already taken away from her. But she had to admit, it was better than nothing. Both she and Dahlia were getting out of this place, and so far, the one buying her didn't seem to be a bad person. Vampire. But she didn't know him, and she realized she was still afraid. Stepping back from the window, she turned to face him. Unsure of what all to say, she just gave him a half-smile. "Thank you."

+++

Andrew knew Sabreena and Dimitri were at the window, but he didn't turn to wave. Instead, he stood from the chair and folded the receipt, tucking it into his pocket. "Does she have any other clothes? Or is this it?"

"This is how she comes, sir." The guard didn't sound very apologetic.

"Such a shame." Andrew cocked his head to the side, studying Dahlia. "Dahlia." Again, he loved how her name sounded to him. "Would you like to go shopping?"

Dimitri gave her a small smile. "Don't worry, I'm sure they'll visit often." He peeked back in thw small window and saw the blue haired girl looking back at them. "It seems that she was worried about you, too." He said tilting his head towards the office. "By the way, I don't believe I've properly introduced myself. How rude of me. My name is Dimitri Rominov."

---

Dahlia looked up at Andrew, awestruck. "Shopping?" She asked with a cute tilt of her head. She'd never been given the option to do so before. Smiling, she nodded. "Yes, I think I'd like that."

((I'm so sorry! I've been working doubles nonstop, yesterday was my first day off, and I spent it working on my car. ><))

Breena looked up at Dimitri, her eyes widening slightly. "Hi... Dimitri. I'm Sabreena. Or Breena." She stopped herself from rambling on and on, trying to remember that this man was purchasing her. But he was being so... so nice, that she'd almost forgotten that fact. But then again, in a way, he was saving her from death. She honestly didn't know how to act. "Where are you taking me?"

+++

"Good." Andrew smiled down at her, reaching down and placing his hand on his arm to pull her up from her seat. "Let's go, then. I'm sure we can find something... suitable, for you." His eyes twinkled with a tiny bit of mischief as he thought about the different items she could try on for him. "We might want to get you cleaned up first, though."

((Also, I'm trying to make Andrew flirty, not a creep. I hope I'm doing a good job xD ))

Dimitri smiled a little, something that was rarely seen by anyone other than Andrew. "I have a manor in the country. There's plenty of land, and I have stables with horses. There are tons of things to do. I'm sure you'll like it there." It sounded weird to offer a slave such wonderful things, but Dimitri had always treated his humans very well and Breena would be no different. He hoped he wouldn't regret his hasty decision to buy her, but she had seemed to calm down quite a bit from earlier so hopefully everything would turn out well.

---

Dahlia blushed a little. There was something about the way he'd worded that, it just seemed odd. Almost flirtatious. But a Vampire flirting with a human was outrageous, she had to have imagined it. She stood up and let him lead her to the door, where the man Andrew had come in with was standing with Sabreena. Dahlia smiled a little at Sabreena, glad to see that she was going away from here too. She didn't know about the arrangements for the two of them to get to see each other, but just hoped that other Vampire would be nice to her.

Sabreena listened to Dimitri, managing to stop herself from letting her mouth fall open. It sounded like a wonderful place, but to be honest, she didn't believe him. She knew the kinds of lies the vampires told their slaves to get them to come peacefully. But before she could respond to him, the door behind her opened and Andrew and Dahlia exited. She threw her arms around the other girl, glad for any kind of contact.

Andrew stepped back, momentarily surprised. It passed quickly, and he looked at Dimitri, grinning. "Looks like we're going to be seeing a lot more of each other."

Dimitri nodded. "It seems that way." He crossed his arms. "I was thinking about taking Sabreena here shopping for new clothes, seeing as how the humans here aren't really given any. Maybe you and your new girl would want to join us? After we let them clean up, of course."

Dahlia smiled when Breena embraced her. "I guess both of our new owners are friends?" She asked, picking up on the Vampires' conversation.

The guard came out of the office to let Dimitri know that they could file their paperwork now. "If you want to stay and chat with her, it's ok. I should only be a minute." He said to Sabreena. He was trusting her, letting her stay out here without him. Of course, there were other guards to catch her if she ran, but Dimitri wanted to believe she'd stay.

"I think so." Breena whispered back to Dahlia, pulling away from her, but taking her hands, not wanting to let her go. It'd been so long since she felt something real, other than steel bars beneath her hands. It was nice. She smiled, then realized Dimitri was talking to her. She looked at him and nodded. "I'll stay here." She wasn't stupid; if she ran, that other vampire would have her before she hit her second step. But she didn't plan on staying with Dimitri forever, and she hoped Dahlia had the same fight in her. When they were alone, Breena would bring it up. But not now.

"I think the girls would like that." Andrew nodded, watching Dimitri go to fill out the paperwork. Glancing down at the two females, he smiled, sliding an arm around both of their shoulders. "We're going to be one big happy family, ladies."

Dimitri smiled and walked into the office, quietly closing the door behind him. He took a seat at the desk and began going through the same paperwork as Andrew had signed earlier.

Dahlia didn't know what to think of Andrew putting his arms aroud herself and Sabreena. Usually when a Vampire touched her, it was in an attempt to break or bruise something. She was honestly somewhat surprised that any of them could touch a human so delicately to begin with. She'd always assumed they probably didn't know their own strength. "Shopping?" She asked, tilting her head to the side. She'd never been shopping before.

Andrew nodded. "I promise, we'll visit your friend soon." He nodded at Breena and let go of her, beginning to lead Dahlia away. "Yes, love, shopping. Where would you like to go? Anywhere you choose." He almost felt bad for the girl; it sounded like she'd never been out to buy clothes. Or if she had, it had been a very long time. He usually sent out people to do this for him or his slaves, but this... this was different. She was different.

Breena watched her newfound friend go, saddening a little inside. She glanced through the window on the door, seeing Dimitri filling out the paperwork to make her his, and grew a little more sad. She had no idea what to expect now, and she felt the fire in her dying just a little. She sank to the floor, the excitement from earlier gone now. All she could do was wait.

((before i post HollyAnne91 what time is it? It's important for my post lol. I didn't know if these Vampires could walk in the sun or if it would be night time))

((Doesn't matter, I guess. If the vampires walk in the sunlight we can say it hurts them, but doesn't make them sparkle or go poof. Lol. So for old lore's sake, it's nighttime?))

Dahlia gave one last longing look towards Breena before following her new master outside. She sincerely hoped he wasn't lying about getting to visit Dimitri and Sabreena, and that they would all get to shop after the girls got cleaned up. She was glad they weren't going to go shop looking so filthy. It was one thing to publicly have dirty clothes on, it was another to have dried blood, dirty skin, and matted hair. As she walked outside she stopped, gazing up at the moon. She was practically stunned by it, having not seen it since being at the market. Some slaves were lucky enough to get to go outside for recreation time; Dahlia wasn't one of them. She'd been in her cage so long her muscles ached from walking just this far. But now she could stretch them and walk and go outside. And honestly, even if this Vampire turned out to be evil just like the others, the opportunity to see the moon and sky and stars was a good enough trade-off.

Dahlia realized she'd zoned out, and snapped back to reality when Andrew spoke. "Oh, I... I guess I don't know," she said. "Things have probably changed since the last time I was outside... I wouldn't know where to start...."

---

It didn't take long for Dimitri to sign the papers and gain ownership of Sabreena. He shook the guard's hand and walked out into the hall, seeing his new slave slumped down on the floor, looking very upset. Kneeling down beside her, he asked, "Why so sad? You seemed happy earlier to get to leave." He hoped that she hadn't changed her mind about coming quietly. He really hoped that she would oblige and make this easy. He was already more attached to her than he should be, for whatever strange reason he couldn't understand.

"If you don't hurry, the others will be back at my house, bathed, and in the marketplace before we can even get out of this dreary place." He offered her a smile and a hand to help her up off the floor.

"I... I don't know." Sabreena took his hand, allowing him to pull her to her feet. She felt... defeated, and she didn't know why, and she hated it. Deciding to just shrug it off and ignore it, she nodded, moreso to herself than his statement. "I guess I'm ready. I'm not real attached to this place, I promise." She half-smiled up at him, tilting her head so she could really see him. "I am happy to leave."

+++

"Then let's just get you cleaned, and we can decide from there." Andrew nodded, affirming what he'd just said. "My house is far from here, but we can go to Dimitri's. So you'll get to see your friend there. He saw that she'd been staring up at the sky, and wondered exactly how long it'd been since she'd even been outside. Immediately he was glad he'd purchased her; given her a chance to live. He stopped at a black camaro, hitting a button on his remote to unlock it. He opened her door and smiled at her. "Get in." 
ooc;;

Just realized that we probably had our guys drive to the market together... we can just say they drove separate, if ya want. xD

Dimitri smiled back at her, helping her up. "I imagine you feel nothing for this place." He said. "Anything is better than living your life in a cage." He realized there were worse things, but he would never let any of those happen to Sabreena. He led her outside to the parking lot, walking in pace with her rather than walking quickly as he usually did. He approached the car he'd come here in, opening her door for her.

---

Dahlia got into the car, surprised to see something so fancy. Whoever this guy was, he definitely had enough money to have anything he wanted. She thought about it and that maybe all Vampires were like that. After all, they'd had all this time to acquire their wealth. She waited for Andrew to get in the car. Now that she knew they were going to Dimitri's house, where Sabreena would be, she was much happier.

Sabreena smiled at him, sliding into the car, pulling her legs to her chest when the door shut. It'd been a while since she'd been in a car. If she ever had. She had to have been in one once; but she didn't remember anything from before the slave house. It had to have been years since she'd even been outside, and she'd forgotten how beautiful it was. She stared at the building they'd just exited with hatred in her eyes. "Except being someone's possession." She whispered in response to his words.

+++

Andrew slid into the seat beside her, shutting his door and turning the car on. It roared to life and he sped off, burning rubber as he did so. Realizing he might be scaring her, he slowed down, glancing at her apologetically. "Sorry." He smiled at her, then focused back on the road. It didn't take long before he reached Dimitri's house and parked, shutting the car off. In two seconds, he was out of the car and over to Dahlia's door, pulling it open. "We're here."

Dimitri walked around the car. From inside, it looked like Sabreena was talking to herself. He opened his own door and got in, starting the car and heading back to his house. He wasn't surprised to see that the other two had beaten them here. "This is it," he said, nodding towards his home. It was huge, of course, but not a fancy castle like a lot of Vampires preferred. He liked it to look like a normal house rather than something evil or foreboding. He helped Sabreena out and led her inside, laying his car keys where he normally did.

"I'll show you to your room," he said with a smile. He led her upstairs and down the hall to an empty room - well, furnished, but without a slave living in it, anyway - and pushed the door open. "Here you go." He said. He would have to make sure to buy her some clothes to fill the empty dresser. "There's a bathroom attached to this bedroom. It's through that door there. If you'd like to wash up, I'll give you some privacy." He smiled. "When you're finished there will be new clothes waiting for you, I'll let you borrow from another slave so that you don't have to go shopping in, er..." He pointed at the rag-like cloth covering her. "That."

---

Dahlia was a little frightened when he took off so quickly, but tried not to show it. The last thing she wanted was for him to think he'd adopted some weird slave who was afraid of everything. Her wide eyes took in her surroundings the whole ride, the girl not saying a word until they reached their destination. She got out of the car and stared up at the mansion-like estate. It wasn't as scary as some of the Vampires' homes. If she remembered correctly, her last owner had lived in a castle. That had been terrifying. "This is Dimitri's house?" She asked enthusiastically. If he was telling the truth, that meant Sabreena would be here soon. She smiled at him. Dahlia was very happy to have been bought by someone who wasn't, well, evil for lack of a better term. So far he was nothing like the guards, or even like her past owners.

Something tickled her feet, and she realized she was standing in the grass. She wiggled her bare toes, then realized maybe Dimitri wouldn't appreciate her stepping in the yard and quickly moved herself back to the sidewalk.

Sabreena felt yet another pang when he mentioned the word slave. It reminded her of her place, no matter how nice he was acting to her. She gave him a small smile and a quick "thank you" before walking into the room and glancing around. It was definitely better than a cage; it even had a bed! It'd been so long since she slept in a bed...

She glanced back at Dimitri, still sorta smiling, then headed for the bathroom. "Do I just come find you when I'm finished?"

+++

Andrew grinned at her, noticing how quickly she got off the grass. He didn't say anything about it though, just let her do what she wanted. "Yes, this is where he lives. Wait til you see my house." He grinned, opening the front door for her and leading her to a room that was actually in the same hallway as Breena's. "You can shower in here," He pushed open the door to yet another empty bedroom. "The bathrooms through there." He nodded towards a door.

Dimitri smiled when he saw how much she seemed to like the room. It was obvious that she wasn't used to having such luxurious accommodations. When she asked if she should come find him, he nodded. "Yes, after you've gotten dressed, come down the hall to the left, I'll be in my study. There is usually a maid standing outside the door, so it should be easy to find. He gave her another smile before leaving her to clean up. He walked out the door and to the left, to the library where he was earlier. He passed Mina, asking her to leave a new set of clothes for Sabreena to wear for the time being. The young girl obliged, finding some clothes for Sabreena and leaving them on her bed. Then she returned to the door of Dimitri's study, where the Vampire was inside, his nose in another book.

----

Dahlia followed quickly to keep up with his longer strides. She tried to listen to him while taking in every detail of the fancy home. She wondered if Andrew's house was even bigger, since he'd made that remark earlier. Finally they reached a bedroom with an attached bathroom. This really was a fancy, richy-rich place! It seemed that nearly all of the bedrooms had bathrooms of their own, minus a few of the smaller ones. Dahlia smiled at Andrew. "Thank you," she said in a small voice. Downstairs, she heard voices and figured that the others were here now as well.

Sabreena was standing in the doorway to the bathroom, staring at the beautiful room. Everything was marble, and there was an actual shower. Not just a bucket of freezing water and a rag to wash up with. She crossed the room and saw there were little bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and soap. And the infamous rag. She turned the knobs in the shower, jumping a little when the water rushed out. She adjusted the temperature until it was comfortable, stripped, and stepped under the spray. It felt absolutely amazing and she wanted to stay there forever. But she kept her shower short, about ten minutes or so (she did need some time to just relax, after all) and then she was out. She grabbed a fluffy towel and wrapped it around herself, exiting the steamy bathroom to find a change of clothes laid out on the bed. Jeans, a tank top, and what looked to be clean underwear. She put the items on, loving how they felt against her skin, unlike the tablecloth she'd been wearing before.

Exiting her room, she wandered the hallways until she found Mina. "Is Dimitri in there?"

+++

"You're welcome." Andrew smiled at her, shutting the door behind him. He made his way to the library as well, entering a few moments after Dimitri. "How is your slave, good man?" He clapped his friend on the back, then took a seat in one of the armchairs. "I told you today was a good day for the market." Well, he hadn't, but he'd implied it and made Dimitri go. He hadn't paid much attention to Sabreena until they were all in the hallway together and he could tell Dimitri cared about his slave already, much like he did the rest of them. As much as he could care, anyway. After all, they were just slaves. But Andrew already knew Dahlia would be one of his favorites.

Mina smiled at the new human girl. "Yes, he's in here." she said. "Please wait here, and I will get him for you. He doesn't like for anyone to come inside," she said. She excused herself and disappeared beyond the door. A few moments later she returned alone, a confused look on her face. "Well," she said, tucking some blonde hair behind her ears. "He's certainly taken a liking to you," she said. There was an undertone of jealousy in her voice as she spoke, but she tried to hide it, seeing as how she liked the new girl and didn't want to be seen as rude. "He has asked that you be let into his study."

---

Dahlia waited until he was gone, and went to clean up. She showered, taking a little longer than she should have. She just loved the warm water, and the soap smelled amazing. She wished she could spend the whole day in here, but it would be impolite to both her new Master and to Dimitri. She walked out of the bathroom in a towel, her skin creating goosebumps from the hot steam followed by the air conditioning. She saw something on the bed, and saw that there were clothes laid out for her. A note said that another slave passing by had seen her mess of clothing earlier and had decided to replace it for her. Smiling, she slipped into the white, knee-length dress that looked amazing with her sky blue hair, which was now clean and tangle-free. She made her way down the hall, exploring, when she met up with Sabreena and Mina outside.

---

Mina looked at Dahlia as she approached. "You must be master Andrew's slave." she said. "You've been allowed in as well." She looked at each girl for a moment, wondering what was so special about the two of them that Dimitri would allow them inside, where no other slaves were allowed besides herself. It would appear the master had a new favorite. She opened the door and let the two girls inside, then closed it behind them, assuming her position on guard outside the library.

Sabreena heard the jealousy in the girls voice, but she was glad the girl didn't seem to want to be nasty about it. Sabreena had no idea why Dimitri had taken such a liking to her; after all, she was just a slave, same as this girl in front of her. She wanted to ask the girl if she'd ever been invited inside the library, other than to tell Dimitri if anyone had arrived, but she didn't want to push her luck. Not yet. Not when this place was starting to seem more like a dream than a nightmare.

Mere moments after Mina reappeared, Dahlia walked up beside her. Smiling at the girl, she gave her a quick hug, glad to see her friend again. As she stepped into the library, she gasped, trying to take it all in. Rows and rows of books surrounded her, at least twelve shelves high. And if she was correct, there was a second story in the back of the room with more books. She didn't even see Dimitri or Andrew. Glancing at Dahlia, she shrugged a little. "Where do we go now?"

+++

Andrew heard the door being opened after Mina disappeared, and knew the girls were in the library. He heard Sabreena ask Dahlia where to go, and chuckled, giving Dimitri a look. He stood from his chair and headed to the railing, for they were on the second story that Sabreena had seen. "Hello girls," He spoke, his voice seeming extra loud in the quiet room. "Come on up." He was mainly focusing on Dahlia and how beautiful she looked in her snow white dress with that bright blue hair. Yes, it was a mesmerizing sight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back