][HollyAnne] One on One [KaitWink] [Private!]

apolla

❛ it's only love, nobody dies ❜
Hey! I figured Id put our names in the title so that way if you ever lose it, all you should have to do is look for your name. xD Hope that makes it easier. So, we're each doubling, one vampire, one human. I figured male vamp and female human, cuz that's what I'm doing. Just wanna make sure thats okay!

Fine by me :) Give me some time to get characters set up. Do you have a preferred character skeleton [MENTION=4661]HollyAnne91[/MENTION] ?

Nope, feel free to make it with whatever info is important to you!

Name: Dimitri Rominov

Race: Vampire

Short Bio: (Optional)

Personality: He seems very cold at first. He doesn't have much care for his slaves, but he certainly doesn't treat them badly. They're more like pets to him. People that know him well would see a kinder side. He doesn't like change, which is why he rarely gets new slaves, but his friend convinced him to at least tag along to the market. He doesn't want anyone- human or Vampire- getting too close.

Appearance: View attachment 14062

Master/Slave: Master

Name: Dahlia Grey

Race: Human

Short Bio: (Optional)

Personality: She is mostly obedient, only lashing out when something or someone offends her or her beliefs. She has a soft spot for animals and will go out of her way to protect and care for them. She doesn't like being a slave but prefers it over whatever alternative there is, whether it be getting killed off or having to live on her own, hiding from civilization. Most humans who run away are never heard from again, and she doesn't want that. She can put up a good fight for a human. Being in a cage for a whole year has made her go a little crazy, but most of her ramblings could be seen as cute, though she does have moments where they can be frightening.

Appearance: View attachment 14063

Master/Slave: Slave

@HollyAnne91

Name: Andrew

Age: Appears to be in his early twenties, although he is really about 200 some odd years old.

Race: Vampire

Bio: Andrew is a typical young man. Smartass, full of himself, just a little on the conceited side. But he's also atypical, for he's a vampire. He stopped counting the years, he just knows he's in his mid two hundreds. He's been around for a while. He's still in the high-life part of vampire living-- enjoying the money and the woman. He lives in a mansion full of servants, but he's always looking for more play-things.

Photo:

View attachment 14082

((Mmm, Ian Somerhalder. Yummy. :3 ))

Name: Sabreena

Race: Human

Bio: Sabreena remembers nothing of her past. Nothing important, anyway. She vaguely remembers a happy, semi-carefree young girl with a happy family. But something terrible happened, and from that point on, she remembers nothing. For a long time she fought with her memories, trying to search past the hazy fog that surrounded them. But it never worked. She can't even place the faces of her parents or siblings, if she had any. It's almost as if someone purposefully removed her memories, if that was even possible. She does remember the first day she woke up-- in a cage, with people staring at her. There was a sign outside of her cage, but she had no idea what it said. For a short time she was scared, but she quickly grew very angry and resentful of anyone who came close to her. She'd even been known to bite. For that reason, no one has bought her.

Photo: ((I've also used her picture before, but I really like it.))

View attachment 14083

((Sure! I'm gonna post Sabreena's intro first, then in a couple posts or on the next one bring in Andrew.))

Sabreena sat against the back of her cage, her home, glaring daggers at anyone who looked her way. When she'd woken up in this place, she'd been confused and scared. It hadn't taken her long to figure out what this place was. Although she didn't remember much of her former life, she knew that this had to be wrong. But no one walking around in a uniform seemed to care about how wrong it was. She'd made the mistake of making friends with the girl in the cage beside her, and two days later, the girl was gone. Breena had never seen the money exchange hands, but she knew the girl couldn't have been cheap. She was gorgeous-- or had been, before this place had gotten to her.

It had done the same to Breena-- once, she'd had vibrant red hair, long and wavy. Now it was dirty and matted to her head, and she swore she was starting to get dreads. But no one ever came by with a brush or anything. Every few days (the days ran together, so she didn't know how many) they were brought a bucket of water and a rag to wash up with. But she was always watched. Couldn't have her drowning herself, now could they? Alot of the people in this place thought death would bring a better relief than to be bought. While they may be right, she just couldn't do it. She had too much will to live.

But that didn't stop her from derailing anyone who intended to buy her. She'd bitten someone and scratched many. Since it would take too much time (and effort) to make sure all the prisoners had no nails, the guards never worried about it. That is, until you actually scratched someone. Then you got taken to a tiny room with no lights. It's not even padded. You get stuck in there for god knows how long.

But that's only the first punishment.

Any other infractions, and you get whipped. Hard. Breena's last whipping had been about a week and a half ago, and it still hurt her a little to move. She winced even now, adjusting her position, moving her dirty white sheet (it couldn't even be called a dress) to cover herself.

((Hope that's okay :/ ))

((By the way, [MENTION=4661]HollyAnne91[/MENTION] What time period do you want this to be set in? I will make my first post a little vague, since I don't know yet if it is back in time or modern. Also, sorry that Lily's post is substantially longer, but I have more to go on with her since she is able to interact with Breena.))

~Dimitri~

Dimitri sat sprawled in a chair. Beside him, a fire cackled. He always enjoyed sitting in his massive library, just reading and enjoying the quiet. The only problem was that he had forbidden all of the slaves from entering what he considered his private space, so while he was in here he had no one to wait on him hand and foot. Not that it really mattered.

Finally, he set his book on the small table beside him and stood. The sun was already down, but there were still many hours in the night. He wandered out of his study, and was immediately greeted by one of his human slaves. "Good evening, Master Dimitri." she said softly, bowing her head a little. "Is there anything that I can get you?" It was one of his favorite slaves, Mina. But even being his favorite, she got no real special treatment. Just fewer lectures and punishments than the others. "No, Mina, thank you." he said, giving her a dismissive wave of his hand.

~Dahlia~

Sky blue eyes scanned the dark room. Dahlia huddled in the corner of her cramped cage, silent just as she was any other day. She had her knees pulled to her chest, her long periwinkle hair falling all around her. Matting of her hair was inevitable, but she was able to keep the clumps at bay by using every other day's small amount of bath water to wash it clean. Then on the other days she used it to clean the rest of herself.

Every day, her environment changed. Girls and boys - humans -of all ages came and went on a daily basis. They were being bought and then sold off, and yet she was still here. She knew that some of them were being taken as slaves, but a select few would be considered useless and used instead as a food source. Dahlia had been here so long that the Vampires running the place were beginning to think that she'd never be sold. Two days, they told her. Two days and she would become one of the ones that were used as food. Or worse. She shuddered at the thought. I have two days to live... She buried her face in her knees.

Movement from one of the other cages caught her eye. She looked up to see a girl with flaming red hair, as equally unusual as Dahlia's blue hair. The girl had also been here a very long time. Not as long as Dahlia, but definitely long enough that she was in danger as well. The little girl let out a sigh and pulled herself into an even tighter ball, if that was even possible.

Two days.

((It's fine! And modern times. I don't like historic roleplays, mostly because I don't care for history :P I don't know alot about any historic times))

Sabreena glanced over at the girl. She'd been here longer than Sabreena, but they'd barely talked. Why make friends in this place? They'll just die, or get taken away. But being alone was, well, lonely. Scooting to the edge of her cage, Sabreena gave the girl a half-hearted smile. Sabreena had also gotten the talk-- only she had a week, not two days, to live. "Hey there." She whispered, hoping none of the vampires heard. She knew they had excellent hearing, but there were also alot of people in the room today.

+++

Andrew knocked on the door of the mansion, waiting not so patiently for someone to answer. He knew the door was unlocked, but it was bad juju to walk into a vampires house uninvited. Ironic, wasn't it? The door swung open and he was greeted by one of Dimitri's many servants, someone who Andrew hadn't bothered to learn their name, never knowing if they'd be there the next time. He ran a hand through his chocolate brown hair, grinning at the girl. After all, she was pretty. But he knew better than to touch.

"Hello, dear. Is Dimitri in?"

She nodded, then stepped aside to let him in. "Good evening, Master Andrew." She gave him a half smile, then led him to the library in which Dimitri hid. Andrew noticed that she was quite comfortable in this house and in her skin, in her life as a vampires servant. Good for her. It always worked out better if the slave was obedient. But the ones that weren't could be fun.

They reached the library and the girl knocked, but didn't enter. She knew better than to enter, and she knew Dimitri would hear her.

~Dahlia~

Her eyes widened when the girl looked back at her. She quickly scooted closer to the girl, glad the two cages were side by side. She grabbed the bars with delicate fingers, wrapping them around to pull herself closer. "Hello," she said timidly, her large blue eyes looking right into the other girls.

"We're next."

At that moment, one of the Vampires came into the room and unlocked a cage across from Sabreena and Dahlia's. The girl inside screamed and kicked, desperately fighting. The Vampires were very strong, but the girl wiggled free and ran. Lightning fast, he caught her immediately, and dragged her from the room while she cried and yelled obscenities.

Dahlia looked back at Sabreena, a knowing look in her eyes. As much as she hated her fate, she'd accepted that no one was going to take her away from here, and she would die, probably in some painful way. "I'm next." She smiled a little. A sad smile, but it was the only thing that kept her from truly going insane in this hell. A lot of the humans tended to think she had already gone crazy, with her wide eyes and strange smile. But it was okay. None of them knew her. No one would miss her.

~Dimitri~

((By the way, he's standing right outside the library, talking to Mina))

He looked down the hall to see another slave, Sarah, approaching, with his close friend Andrew close behind. Dimitri greeting the other man with a grin. "Look what the cat dragged in!" he said. "Long time no see." He kept his friendly smile up and dismissed the two slaves, who bowed and left him.

"What brings you around?" Dimitri asked casually. He hadn't seen Andrew in a very long time, and it would be nice to catch up. This Vampire was truly Dimitri's best friend, and no matter how far they were apart, Dimitri always knew that Andrew would be there for him and vice versa.

"And I'm after you." Sabreena acknowledged, watching as they carted the girl off to be killed. A lamb to the slaughter. Literally-- Breena doubted there'd be any mercy. She'd never seen the vampires feed, but she knew the strength they possessed, and what they could be capable of. She wouldn't put it past any of them. "Such a sad story. Either be led off to die, or be sold to one of these pigs." She wrinkled her nose, almost hoping one of them heard her.

"Which do you choose?" The question was rhetorical. No answer was expected. "I don't know about you," Breena looked over at Dahlia. "But I don't want to die."

+++

Andrew grinned back at Dimitri, pulling the vampire in for a pat on the back/half hug thing. Something he'd picked up from the humans in this generation. "Look what the cat dragged in, my ass. I'm in town to visit the market." He waggled his eyebrows at Dimitri. "Care to join me?"

Dahlia looked just as sad hearing it as Sabreena acted, but her crazy smile never left. "I don't think we get the choice." She said. Her smile finally fell, a lost look falling over her. "But I don't wanna die, either..." She shrugged. "I guess I have a long two days to think about it."

---

"The market?" Dimitri scoffed. "Hardly. I'm swimming in slaves. I have five, why get another?" He asked. Thinking about it, though, he'd missed his friend. It was an opportunity to catch up, and it's not like Dimitri HAD to buy one. He'd just be accompanying Andrew. "Well, I suppose." He agreed.

(( @HollyAnne91 ))

"A long two days to think about how you're going to die. That's amazing." Breena muttered sarcastically, glaring at a couple that walked past her. "There has to be something to do." Somehow, she already felt bonded to this girl. Turning to face her fully, Breena grasped the bars of her cage. "What's your name?"

+++

"See, that wasn't so hard, now was it?" Andrew grinned. "Come on, my cars outside. If we hurry, we can make it before all the good ones are gone." His eyes flittered with excitement, his grin widening.

((I didn't wanna skip without your permission, but if you want, you can skip to them being at the market, to pass time a little.))

Dahlia noticed the tone in the girl's voice. Unfortunately, there really wasn't anything to do to "pass the time". They rarely got out of their cages, and if they did it wasn't for very long. "I'm Dahlia." She said sweetly. "And you are?"

---

Dimitri stepped out of the car, shutting the door behind him. The slave market house certainly looked as frightening as it sounded. It looked like a human hell. It probably was. Waiting for Andrew, he started talking. "Looking for something in particular today?" He asked. He held open the door and was met with the faint smell of dirt and filth. Luckily slaves were kept in the back so that their smell wasn't overwhelming, but they would have to go back there eventually to browse them.

Sabreena half-smiled at the girl. "I'm Sabreena. Call me Breena." Leaning forward, she rested her head against the bars, closing her eyes. "If you had to be taken from here by someone, who would they be? What would they be like?" Maybe there were nice... people, out there. If they could be called people.

+++

"Just seeing if anything catches my eye." Andrew said as he entered the market house, fingering a nearby lamp. It wasn't for sale, but he was sure if he'd wanted it, he could make it his. Letting the lace drop from his fingers, he glanced over at Dimitri. "You sure you don't want a new slave? You might find something of interest, you know. Open your mind a little." Andrew grinned, walking easily through the market house, then pushing open the door that led to the slaves themselves.

Dahlia curled back into the same ball as before, resting her chin on her shoulders. She thought it was bad to fantasize about such things, seeing as how unlikely it was for them to happen. But if it would make her new friend happy, she would go along with it. "Probably a nice old lady." She said honestly. "Someone old and senile who would take care of me and let me wear real clothes and who wouldn't notice if I got away. I mean, if I left her. Maybe if she was as nice as I hope, then I wouldn't want to leave. You know, the lovey grandma type." She giggled a little, abruptly stopping when the door to the storefront opened and two Vampires walked in. She shrunk into her corner more, examining them with wide sapphire eyes.

---

Dimitri shrugged. "I might if someone really catches my eye. It's just so unlikely, though. The last few times I've been here, the selection was awful. All the cute ones were claimed already, and they had a lot taken out of their cages for their recreation time, so I didn't even get to see them all." It was odd how casual this conversation was, and how Vampires acted like humans were pets, sort of like dogs or cats. Vampires rarely treated humans as sentient beings, except in the rare taboo case where a Vampire and slave ran off together. Dimitri walked down the hall of cages, ignoring the cries and pleading of the humans. He instead kept talking with Andrew as he peeked in a few cages. "Are you sure there's nothing in particular? I can help you look."

(( Yesh @HollyAnne91 . Is that okay? I figured if we're having mythical creatures, then the laws of natural hair colors don't apply...))

ooc;; Oh no that's fine! I was hoping her hair was blue. It's something to catch Andrew's attention. (:

bic;;

Sabreena laughed, softly. "An old lady with a bunch of cats. That's all we'd have to do would be to look after her cats." Sabreena shook her head at the made up memory, opening her eyes and noticing that Dahlia wasn't looking in her direction anymore. Instead, she'd shrunk to the corner of her cage and was staring away from Breena, fear noticeable in her eyes. Breena straightened in her own cage, turning her head to look in the same direction. Her eyes fell onto Dimitri and Andrew. They were definitely the nicest looking vampires she'd seen in a while. Obviously, every vampire was beautiful-- it was just how they were made. Part of the predators lure. But these two were well dressed and distinguished looking. Which, in her mind, made them even more dangerous. She narrowed her eyes at them, as if daring them to approach her.

+++

Andrew lifted one shoulder and let it fall in a half-hearted shrug. "I told you man, nothing in particular. But you know me-- I get bored sometimes. What better to do when I bored than find someone new to keep my attention?" Someone, not something. He'd done that on purpose. He paused by the cage of a young woman with blue eyes and blonde hair, reading the quick description on the plaque outside of her cage. "Hmmm." She'd come from a well to-do home, which meant she was probably spoiled. He hated spoiled brats; they were the worst ones to break. They took forever, and when it finally happened, it was messy. Shuddering at a memory of the last spoiled one he'd brought home, he moved on. Before he knew it, he stood in front of Dahlia's cage. His eyes met hers and he froze, cocking his head to the side. "Well, hello there."

Dahlia saw the Vampires coming their way. Somewhere in the back of her mind, the fact that she had two days left was floating around. This may be her last chance to get out of here. But she couldn't leave Sabreena to that fate, and she couldn't overcome the fear that these men may be even more cruel than the owners of the market. She was definitely surprised when one of the two men crouched by her cage. She stayed motionless in her place as he greeted her, glancing quickly to Sabreena. She muttered a very quiet hello in return, not moving from her spot.

---

Dimitri noticed Andrew's interest in the girl with the sky blue hair. It was an odd color, for sure. One that was often seen in Vampires but rarely humans. It had worked to lure Dimitri's friend in though, and he couldn't help but smile. "That didn't take long," he said in a hushed voice. He saw the blue haired girl look over to the cage beside her, and Dimitri looked that way as well, seeing a girl with flaming red hair. She seemed interesting, and for some reason he couldn't look away. He had to remind himself again that he wasn't here to buy. He finally managed to pull his eyes from the girl, who's name plate said "Sabreena". An odd name, but both of these girls seemed... Different.

Sabreena felt her temper flare. She'd finally decided to make a friend, and now this bastard was showing interest in her! Unable to stop herself, she blurted, "You stay away from her!" In the back of her mind she was thinking something similar to Dahlia; the girl only had two days to live. But she was still going on her first impression of the men: dangerous. Something about them just screamed dangerous, and she wanted to protect her new friend from it. Who knew what fate these men held for Dahlia? She tightened her grip on the bars of her cage, glaring daggers at the vampire gazing at Dahlia.

At her outburst, Andrew's eyes slid from Dahlia to Sabreena. He glanced at her nameplate, noticing there was no description of her. Odd. It was also odd that this girl seemed... protective of the blue haired girl. It was rare for the humans in this place to make friends, knowing what kind of fate (either slavery or death, rarely something different) that awaited them. "I see someone is protective." He voiced his thoughts to his friend, crouching down so he could see Sabreena more clearly. "Interesting." He turned his attention back to Dahlia. "Very interesting."

Dahlia looked away from his gaze, instead looking over at Sabreena. She was glad that the other girl was as protective over her as Dahlia felt. She had just met Sabreena, yet she felt like there was no way she could abandon her now. Dahlia saw the interested Vampire peek at Sabreena's nameplate, which said nothing on it besides her name. Dahlia realized hers must seem just as odd, only saying 'Dahlia - Last Chance - Clearance'. She shuddered a little. The words 'last chance' meant a lot more to her than they did to potential buyers. Usually the customers didn't know that 'last chance' meant that the human would be killed off soon to make room for new 'merchandise'. She buried her chin in her knees again, only her blue eyes peeking out at the Vampires.

---

Dimitri was taken aback by the redhead's sudden outburst. She seemed very protective out of the other girl, and that intrigued him. He didn't expect pets to be loyal to others. But now, he realized, he was taking too much interest in her. He pulled Andrew aside. "Well, she got me." he said. "I have to have her." He nodded to the redhead, knowing that the humans' ears were not able to hear what he was saying from this distance. "It might work out for everyone if you get little miss blue over there. They don't want to be separated, so it seems, and if each of us takes one of them, then it might be a little less.... Bleak." He wondered why he was suddenly feeling compassion for the slaves. It rarely happened, but for whatever strange reason, he wanted the one named Sabreena to be happy.

Andrew felt himself smirking. "I thought you didn't want any more slaves?" He glanced over at Sabreena, wondering what it was about her that attracted him so. She had a fire, sure, but she seemed like way too much trouble, especially if she'd have an outburst like that already. The other girl seemed meeker, easier to make behave. Of course, he'd enjoy making her, if she had a hidden fire like Sabreena (though hers wasn't so hidden). "I planned on buying the blue haired one as soon as I saw her." He admitted, raising his hand to flag down one of the vampire guards. "Dahlia," was all he had to say to the guard, who nodded.

"Do you need a leash, sir?" The guard asked, reaching for one he had clipped to his belt.

Andrew quickly shook his head. "No, I think she'll behave. Won't you, Dahlia?" He asked the last question to the girl directly, making sure she could hear him. He liked the way her name rolled off his tongue.

+++

Sabreena watched the two men talk, wishing for the special hearing that vampires had. She had no idea what they were saying, but as soon as Andrew flagged down a guard, she knew what was happening. "No! You can't have her, you son of a *****!" She lashed out at him, wishing he were just a bit closer to her cage. She knew she didn't stand a chance against a vampire, that had been proven to her on multiple occasions, but that didn't stop her from trying. The fiery redhead almost growled, glaring daggers at Andrew again. "You leave her alone!"

Dahlia returned her attention to the two men, wishing she could hear what they were saying. Finally, the one who'd knelt by her cage flagged down a guard and motioned toward her. Sabreena burst out into a screaming fit, demanding that they leave Dahlia alone. The guard walked over and opened the cage, grabbing her arm and yanking her out. Even once they'd made a sale, the guards were none too happy to handle the humans. Dahlia wouldn't be left alone with Andrew until he'd signed the papers claiming her as his personal property and responsibility. She looked back at Sabreena with a look in her eyes that was begging for help. Although the man who was buying her looked young, about her age, she knew he was probably hundreds of years old and had about a foot over her in height.

---

Dimitri looked at Sabreena, who was going crazy. He motioned his head towards her, and the guard who overlooked the humans raised an eyebrow. "Really?" he asked Dimitri in a confused fashion. "Are you sure you want that one? She's kind of.... Untamed." Dimitri knew that Sabreena would figure out what was going on; he just hoped that she would calm down when she found out she was being purchased as well. "Yes," Dimitri answered. "That one."

"I'll meet you at the car." Andrew winked at Dimitri, shaking his head a little. Of course Dimitri would want the crazy one. The guard who pulled Dahlia from her cage pulled her through the other many cages, away from Sabreena, who was still yelling and screaming.

"Your friend better calm down," The guard noted. "They won't sell her if she'd acting that crazy. They might just put her down." Like she was some sort of rabid dog or something.

"Oh I think Dimitri can convince them. He usually gets what he wants." Andrew seemed unconcerned with it. He knew his friend, and he knew that if Dimitri had his mind set on buying Sabreena, he'd get her. "Don't worry about them." He said brightly as they reached the door leading out of the room where the slaves were held. The guard pushed through the door, leading them down a long hallway and into one of the many doors. He thrust Dahlia towards a chair, probably more forcefully than was needed. But he was used to dealing with rowdy humans, so he acted the same with everyone. "I have her paperwork in here." He opened a filing cabinet and rifled through it, locating a rather thin file and setting it on the table Dahlia sat behind. "All you have to do is read it and sign it, and she's yours."

+++

Sabreena screamed at the guard who was taking her newfound friend away until she couldn't see him anymore. Her eyes fell onto the other vampire, who had his eyes on her. Another vampire, a guard, stood beside him, also staring at her. They were talking, and motioning towards her, having a small argument of sorts. Finally, the guard shrugged and headed her way. Immediately, Breena backed up against the cage, prepared to kick him if he opened that door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back