• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Holiday Love

"Isabel!" Amelia exclaimed in a gasp at her suggestion, hiding behind her husband to hide her obvious blushing, trying not to choke on her embarrassment before she walked over for the warm cup that was waiting for her. "That was probably you since you had the extra time," she stroked back with a playful glare, laughing in accomplishment when Jayden thought her comeback was hilarious. At Isabel's returning glare Amelia turned towards her, "What?" She asked innocently. "Jayden thought it was funny. But your husband's squirm tells me I'm probably not wrong. Poor Dawson."

Isabel glared at Amelia when she heard her comeback and shook her head when Jayden laughed. She loved joking around with her closest friends like this but she looked at Dawson and laughed softly at his squirm. "Leave my husband alone. He didn't do anything to be dragged into this." Isabel told Amelia before she leaned back against her seat and sipped on her coffee some more, placing a hand on Dawson's lap. "What all is planned for today, Amelia?" She asked her with a smile, curling close against her husband before she gave him a kiss on the cheek. "Don't let her get to you like that." She whispered in his ear before she looked back to the couple across from them. "Anything specific the birthday boy wants to do?"

"He married you didn't he? So he did something to get thrown into this," Amelia replied with a wink. "Dawson I'm just kidding, I love you. If I didn't I wouldn't have lead you her way. Bel and I just have no boundaries." Amelia said with another laugh, picking at the grapes that were at the table before looking to her husband. "What do you want to do today babe?" She asked him while she sipped her coffee. It was Jayden's birthday as she wanted him to enjoy it, but she did have a luau dinner planned for them tonight to celebrate his birthday. "We could take you shark watching and put you in one of those cages. That would be so cool!" Of course she was merely teasing at the suggestion but was curious to know his response.

Jayden bit his lip when he heard his wife suggest he go shark watching. Was she out of her mind? Clearly she was and Jayden grew tense and nervous at the thought. Shaking his head quickly, he looked at Amelia. "Let's not do that. I'm not trying to die today." He said seriously and Isabel laughed softly before she laid her head on Dawson's lap and yawned. "What about a little hike?" Isabel suggested, looking over at the journalist and chief curiously before she looked at Dawson. "Or we could hit the beach?" She added, yawning softly and closing her eyes. Hawaii was so relaxing and being here with Amelia, Jayden and Dawson made it even better.

"Oh please! You wouldn't die, don't be such a wuss." Hitting him playfully she took his hand in her own. "You pick, we're here for you." Finishing her coffee she smiled when she looked up to Bel and Dawson. She was more than happy that they were able to work out their relationship and come with for this lovely weekend. Looking out into the sky Amelia admired its beauty before breakfast was brought to them. She appreciated the peace that seemed to be infused in the atmosphere after the weeks she just finished facing

Isabel was just as relaxed as her husband and close friends were. It was something about the atmosphere that was so calming and peaceful. She was so grateful to be here with them and she was more excited when Jayden said to go hit the beach. "Yes!" Isabel said with an excited giggle before she ate her breakfast happily. She enjoyed her smoothie bowl she ordered along with her cup of coffee before she leaned against Dawson and kissed his cheek. "This vacation is sooo relaxing." She said with a smile.

Jayden nodded as he looked at his wife with a bright smile. "Yes, it is very relaxing. Thanks to my lovely wife for arranging this." He said and kissed her cheek before he ate his breakfast. "So Dawson, are you ready for our surf lessons? Just letting you know I can surf so I'm one step ahead of you, Texan." He said teasingly to which Isabel laughed gently and shook her head.

"That's because you're from California, Jayden, they put you on a board before you know how to walk," Dawson replied with raised eyebrows out of amusement. "But I am as ready as a Texan can be, you're lucky I am even getting on the board." Playing with his food he looked over to Amelia and Jayden with an acute grin. "But I am willing to do it for the ladies amusement, so I guess in that case, I am looking forward to it, just go a little easy on me."

Isabel laughed softly at her husband with a gentle smile. She was excited to see the men go on their surf lesson together. She knew Dawson wouldn't accept defeat from the Californian. It was going to be an eventful day and when the couples finished eating breakfast, they got ready for the beach. Isabel took off her shirt and smiled when she received looks for wearing a bikini. It had been awhile since she had done so but she didn't care. She set up the umbrella and laid out the blanket, setting her chair down and enjoying the view. "Are you boys ready?" She asked with a laugh.

"We are men, Isabel. Not boys." Jayden told her with a grin, rolling his eyes teasingly, putting on sunscreen before he got burned. He did get a sunburn pretty easy and he looked at Dawson with a knowing grin. "Are ya ready, Texan?" He said with another laugh. "Sure you don't want to back out now before you fall off the board and into the water?"

Amelia walked out onto the beach and helped Isabel set up their spot while the men lathered up in oily sunscreen that she hated and never wore. "Your suit is cute Bel! I like it." Folding out her chair she looked out onto her husband. "Hey now, don't talk to my best friend like that or I'll turn you back into a boy," Amelia replied snarkily slipping her sunglasses down her nose to look over them. Standing, she kissed her husband in farewell, whispering something in his ear before he and Dawson ran off to take on the ocean. "Go kick his ass."

Isabel shook her head at her best friend and Jayden because she knew what she was telling them. She kissed Dawson gently when he leaned down to kiss her and smiled sweetly. "Do ya thang, Texan," she told him with a wink, watching him run off with Jayden. She laughed as she watched them run off together then looked over at her best friend while shaking her head. "Jayden has an advantage. That isn't fair to my husband." She told her with a laugh. "If he kicks Dawson's ass, then I'm jumping in and kicking Jayden's ass."

"Oh Bel, when are you gonna learn that life isn't fair? But I already gave you permission you could beat his ass. But if you have too, have some decency and wait until tomorrow, it is his birthday. Be nice, for me." She teased before she pulled the sweet tea out her bag and watched the men pick their boards for their lesson while she buried her toes in the soft, moist sand. "I'm glad you came, I miss you."

Isabel smiled brightly at her best friend as she sighed contently and nodded, tilting her head back. "I'm glad I came too. I miss you and it's been a rough ride for Dawson and I. He needed some bonding with Jayden." She explained to Amelia softly, looking over at her before she smiled again. "How are you? The kids happy to have you?" She asked curiously. She knew the Acciolli children had to be happy to have their mother back. They had missed her greatly and Isabel knew they were glad Amelia wasn't going to leave anymore.

"Of course they are, and I am lucky to be around them as much as I am but it's still a little strange," she admitted. "But this is nice and I want to enjoy it and not ruin it with my typical over thinking. We should get some drinks, there's a better view of our two numbskulls over there anyway," she said getting up from her chair and reaching for the card in her wallet. "Let's go," she said holding out her hand with a giggle and leading the way. As they walked over, she caught a glimpse of her husband and waved in his direction was he ran towards the water. "I have never seen this man surf, this should be interesting."

Isabel laughed softly at her best friend as she smiled and followed her to get some drinks. Drinks sounded nice and very relaxing. She hadn't had anything but wine in quite some time anyways. She looked out to the ocean and smiled at her husband who winked at her. She knew he would pick up on surfing pretty easy since he was fast learner and she blew him a kiss before she sat next to her best friend and ordered herself a fruity drink which was typically not like her. "I'm curious as to how Dawson is going to handle the waves out there," she told Amelia with a laugh, smiling at her best friend before she took selfies of them. "I'm glad we were able to have this trip. It's was well deserved. So thank you, best friend," she said with a wink before she sipped on her drink.

"Don't thank me, just take me to Rome like you promised." Picking up her same fruity drink she turned in her seat to face Jayden and Dawson as they took their first wave. Watching Jayden slowly stand and catch his balance in his arms as he seemed to effortlessly cruise the ocean they both loved so much. Turning to her best friend in disbelief Amelia laughed. "He's so talented at so many different things it hurts. I can't stand it." Jayden seemed a natural at almost everything he ever did, even when he was only doing it for the first time and she noticed her kids took after their father in their ability to be a natural at so many different things.

Isabel laughed softly as she nodded at what her best friend said and held out her drink to her. "I got you. We'll go for our friendship anniversary," Bel said with a wink before she turned to watch Jayden and Dawson as well, impressed with how Jayden picked up on his surfing skill once again rather easily. She listened to what Amelia said and nodded. "Y'all's kids seem to take after him in that aspect. I think it's cute," she told her softly, laughing gently when Dawson was able to ride the wave for a few seconds before he met the water. "Oh my poor cowboy." She said with a grin, knowing Dawson would've glared at her had he heard what she just called him. He never liked being called that but isabel loved the way he scrunched up his nose in annoyance when she did. "Have I ever told you I'm glad you agreed to date Jayden? It's been a long ride for y'all but y'all are my favorite couple and always will be," she said before she sighed and continued. "And I just want to thank you for leading me to Dawson. I don't know where I'd be without my Dallas man. Miles was a mistake I will always regret but Asher isn't. Thank you for always having my back, Amelia," Isabel said softly and seriously, giving her best friends hand a squeeze before watching their husbands go out to catch another wave and drank more of her drink.

"You didn't have to tell me you are glad, I kinda figured since you threw our numbers at each other more than once, but I never thanked you for seeing what was good for me even when I didn't want to believe it. That's one of the many reasons I love you. But I love you the most because I never had to hide my true self from you like I do everyone else. You really threw me for a loop when we became as close as we are so quick. Unlike everyone else, I never had to hide pieces of myself from you to be liked. You are one of the few people who genuinely know the authentic me, and that's why I love ya. I'm glad we've always been there for each other From the start, we pick each other back up and gave each other what we needed, hot men included," she said with a laugh. "Thank you for being my best friend, I never expected it would be you, but I'm glad it is." Leaning over, she gave Bel a hug and took another sip of her drink as she turned to watch Jayden pick up Dawson from the grasps of the sea and take him up in his arms and that made Amelia tear up from laughing before she took the opportunity to snap the moment.

Last edited:
Isabel smiled as she listened to her best friend closely and hugged her tightly when she finished. Bel's brain was now in over drive, thinking about what Amelia had just said. She was right, theybdid become close really fast. Faster than expected and that alone made her the happiest girl alive. She had been broken before she met Amelia and Amelia helped restore her. Isabel would forever be greatful for Amelia and her ability to fix her. Isabel could be herself and she enjoyed that. With those thoughts, she went back to watching Dawson and Jayden, laughing so hard when she saw Jayden carrying Dawson in his arms. Dawson of course was yelling for Jayden to put him down and Isabel thought it was the funniest sight she had ever seen. She snapped a quick picture like Amelia and sighed her drink before shaking her head. "My poor husband man," she said softly with a laugh when Dawson was finally put down back on shore.

Amelia laughed as she watched Jayden gently lay their friend in the sand before she walked over to him. "Awe you two are so cute! That quickie was really quick, is the beach not your preferred place,Dawson?" She asked as the Texan found his way back to his feet, shivering from the water he found himself unmercifully thrown in, looking up he glared towards Amelia. "Are you drinking with Isabel again?" He asked wiping the salt from his eyes.

"Maybeeeee" Amelia replied with a bubbly giggle. "I'm a drinking supporter." She declared with a careless shrug of her shoulders

Isabel laughed softly at her best friend as she overheard what she said, shaking her head and going over to her husband, placing a towel over him since he was shivering. "Amelia, be nice." She told her with a chuckle before she kissed Dawson gently and looked at Jayden who held Amelia close against him from behind and kissed her cheek.

"I take it my lovely wife has only had one drink?" He asked with a knowing grin, shaking his head at Amelia who was giggling very bubbly.

"I'm afraid so. Always has been a light weight," Isabel replied, holding Dawson's hand before offering him some of her drink. She knew he wouldn't like it but it was worth a shot. "What shall we do now? Just relax? Are you boys done with surfing for today?" She asked them with a grin and laughed at Dawson's glare.

"We'll stop for today. I think I may take Amelia to the room for her to get some rest in a bit. The alcohol and sun will get to her and we do have dinner reservations I assume," he explained, looking at Amelia with a smile. "But let's just hang out on the beach for now," he added, leading the way back to the spot they had set up.

Isabel smiled and nodded before she looked at Dawson and kissed him lovingly. "I still love ya, Dallas boy. We're from Texas, did he really think we know how to surf?" She asked him softly before leading the way back to their spot after ordering everyone a drink she knew they'd like and paid for them.

"Why do you always have to tease me?" Amelia pouted while she finished her drink, her expression brightening when Jayden took her handmade lead her back to her chair. She knew she was probably going to regret this later but she was enjoying it now.

Dawson turned to his wife in disgust at the drunk she forced him to try. "What in the hell is that?" He asked nearly gagging. "Why in the hell are you letting Amelia drink that? The girl has the body weight of a pencil and I'm pretty sure I tasted at least two different kinds of rum in that. Do you hate her?" He asked watching Jayden pry the cup away from his wife while she tried her hardest to fight him off. "They're not from Texas babe, they can't handle their alcohol. She's a Floridian, of course she's a light weight Ya never taught that poor girl to hold it down." He teased as he watched Jayden finish Amelia's second drink.

Isabel laughed as she watched her husband's expression chane into one of disgust. She knew he wouldn't like it but she always forced him to try her drinks and as she listened, she held her straw and sipped on the drink some more. "I don't know what it's called but I wanted something fruity and got this," she explained with a shrug. She listened intently on what else Dawson said and chuckled, watching Jayden take the drink from Amelia before he asked her to sit on her chair. "She wanted one. I can't keep a grown woman from drinking. She'll be alright. Just needs some rest after this." She explained before she kissed Dawson. "This drink is alright. No one can mix drinks like you can, ya Texan," she said with a wink before she walked back to their spot with her husband.

Jayden sighed softly as he took the drink from his wife and had her sit down. "Drink this," He told Amelia gently, handing her a bottle of water that he knew she was going to need. He took a sip of the drink both girls had and looked at Isabel when she walked over. "Two different rums in one drink," he said to which Isabel laughed and nodded. "My wife sure is brave trying to drink all of this." He said before he sat down and soaked in the sun, setting the drink aside and Isabel did the same.

"It's so relaxing here. I don't ever want to leave," isabel said gently to her husband and friends. "I'm look forward to your luau tonight. I've heard the food is amazing," she said excitedly. Food was always something Isabel made an effort to try and looked forward to when visiting another city, state, or country.

Dawson turned to his wife and nodded. "That's right, you remember that the next time that Californian offers you a drink. I bet he likes his fruity wine." Taking Bel's hand Dawson walked her back to their spot where he plopped down beside her and soaked in the sun, drying his hair after his not-so-successful surfing experience with surfing.

"You should know I'm brave, you married an international correspondent," Amelia replied with another bubbly laugh before she took the water and sipped it timidly. She would regret this later for sure but for now, she enjoyed being in paradise with three of closest people to her. She couldn't stay in the shade for long, however, despite how hard her husband fought to keep her there. The ocean was her home and its beauty called to her. Getting up she decided to walk along its edge and laughed when Jayden followed after her. "I'm fine," she insisted with a laugh, taking his hand anyway. "How was the water? I saw you ride it like it was nothing, your flawless nature annoys me," she replied, kicking up the mushy sand from beneath her toes with her every step. "We should have gotten married here, it's so perfect, kinda like you."

Jayden quickly followed after his wife to ensure she would be alright as she strolled along the edge of the ocean. He didn't want anything to happen to her but he was reassured when she held his hand and they walked together. He smiled lightly at the thought of his surfing. He loved the water and riding it the way he did. "The water was perfect. The waves that came in were great to catch but seems as though the Texan had a difficult time doing so," he said with a chuckle before he sighed contently. "I'm not perfect but the wedding would've been very peaceful if we would have had it here," he explained, kissing Amelia's hand gently. "I love you, Amelia Acciolli."

"And there goes the Californian and Floridian." Isabel said, laughing after she did so before she released a content sigh and held her husband's hand. "I'm getting sleepy but I could use a strong drink," she explained, becoming saddened when her husband refused to let he felt have one. "Why do you hate me, Dawson Covington?" She asked him with a pouting face. "What if I bought the bottles? You could make the drink for me," she said with a grin, kissing him lovingly and biting down on his bottom lip. "Pleaseeeee?"

Amelia turned in towards her husband at his affections, laying her head on his chest for a moment. "I love you too, but leave the Texans alone before they kick your ass for insulting their roots that they take hellva a lot of pride in," Amelia half heartedly teased before she let go of him and ran towards the board that was still left for him "lets go," she said excitedly kissing his cheek when he smiled at her.

"No love, you're not getting liquored up before our dear friend's birthday dinner, tomorrow though," he replied with a wink before turning to look at their friends at Amelia's excited squeals. His jaw dropping as he watched Jayden take his wife out into the ocean where he just got the life beaten out of him. Watching Jayden course Amelia through it as she took his hand to gain her balance Dawson scoffed. "The ocean is in their blood. Why you let them bring us here? We need to take them to our neck of the woods."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back