• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Holiday Love

Jayden knew his daughter was right. She was such a wise girl for her age. Jayden loved her more and more everyday and didn't want her to get any older. He smiled at her and hugged her close, kissing her cheek. "You're right. Things will be okay." He said to assure himself more than anyone. As he and Bel finished making dinner, he platted it all up for everyone and they set the table together. He walked over to his wife and the rest of their clan and took Camilla and Lincoln in his arms as Amelia took the twins and walked to the dining room with her, setting the middle children down so they could sit then quickly helped Amelia with the twins and gave them the smallest amount of mashed potatoes.

Isabel smiled and laughed softly at what her husband said about their children. She missed them greatly but knew they would enjoy their stay with their grandparents. They always did and when Dawson slipped the wine bottle out of her hand, she sighed softly and pouted. She needed another glass of that but she looked at the wrapped box and took it from her husband, laughing softly at what he said as she looked at the wrapping. Before she opened it, she looked at him with a gentle smile. "I suppose I can open it." She told him, unwrapping it carefully and soon opened the box.

Amelia sat at the table with her family and smiled while she watched everyone enjoy their meal. She appreciated this moment despite how exhausted she saw and took a picture of it, her five children lining the table with their father at the other end. The photo was adorable so she decided she would post it after dinner. Looking over to Nicholette she laughed when her youngest daughter started gesturing excidely marking the sign repeatedly for more. Her mother signed back "okay" with a pleased nod that her daughter was able to express her wants through her signs rather than screaming to get her mother's attention. Turning to Camilla she nodded when Camilla joined in on the signing and asked for tea, before her mother pointed towards the fridge. In that moment Amelia realized how much she missed her munchkins.

"You guess?" Dawson pouted before he started for her, tearing one of the sides. inside the box was a furniture catalog where he marked all the new office furniture he bought her for work that he knew she had been eyeing. It sat safely in the back of an empty conference room, where Amelia helped him hide it. "I think you'll like what's inside, babe. It's been waiting for ya," Dawson said rather charmingly with a playful wink.

Jayden admired how all his children knew sign thanks to Amelia. Sign was important to know and he was also glad the twins were able to pick up on sign rather quickly like their sisters and brother. Every single one of the Acciolli children were signing by the age of one year old and that was something Jayden would always admire his wife for. As the family continued eating, they did so happily and once everyone was finished, Bel took initiative like always to help with Camilla and Lincoln. She got them ready for bed and Jayden laughed as the twins fell asleep in their high chairs. "They were sleepy." He said softly before he walked over to Amelia and kissed her gently. "I love you."

Isabel laughed as she watched Dawson start opening the package for her. She was rather curious to know what he got her and when she finally made way to the catalog, she looked up at him curiously and noticed everything he circled. When it clicked in her head what he did, she gasped and looked at the catalog then him, quickly wrapping her arms around his neck. "Oh thank you thank you thank you babe!" She said. She needed new furniture for the office and was happy to finally have it. When Isabel pulled away, she hit her lip as she looked at her husband and smiled sheepishly, not knowing where they really were at the moment. "Open yours please?" She asked him gently, handing him the velvet wrapped box. Inside was a new watch. She knew he needed another one but this one had all their intials engraved on the back and his and her birthstone in the actual watch. She only hoped he liked it.

Picking up Nicolette in her arms, Amelia laughed."They had a late night, poor babies." Amelia said before Jayden kissed her and she nodded."I love you too." She whispered. She was ready for bed herself, but as she promised her husband earlier, she was here to help but the kids robbed first. Tomorrow was a new day and she was ready to face it.

Being overjoyed his wife was pleased with his gift he extended the hug she gave him before agreeing to open his own box. When he did he smiled brightly. "Oh yes! I love it hun! Now I can tell that same dad joke Jayden does about carrying y'all with me everywhere I go. Than you." He said sincerely before he slipped it on his wrist proudly and admired it for a moment before he brought his wife into a long awaited kiss.

Jayden smiled as he nodded at his wife and kissed her cheek once more before he pick d up Elliot and held his against him. The little boy was glad to have his father's attention and clapped excitedly when he also saw his mother. The smile on all of their critters faces was a sight Jayden would always cherish. He helped Amelia with the twins and once all the children were asleep, the chief laid in bed with his wife and held her close against him, kissing her shoulder. "I love you, Amelia." He whispered softly and admired her beauty.

Isabel giggled at what she heard her husband say regarding Jayden. She knew he would enjoy the watch and she was glad that's what she got him. When he pulled her in for a kiss, isabel closed her eyes and kissed him back gently, smiling as she pulled away. She wrapped her arms around his neck and cupped a side of his face with her hand. She loved the stubble that was growing on his face and all the features that showed his aging. They both were and she didn't know how he still found her attractive. "I love you, Dawson Covington." She whispered softly. "I'm sorry for the distance I put between us these past couple months." She added and fought back the tears that moistened her eyes.

As Amelia laid there in her husband's arms she looked up out onto the deck and sighed. "I love you too, Jayden," Amelia whispered before she turned to face him, laying her head on her flimsy arm. "Thank you for letting me explore the world, I can cross it off my bucket list. I know you think it's filled with horrible places, but the truth is, all of it is so beautiful, even the people. They are beautiful. There's so much good in our world and it means the world to me that you let me discover that. I know it was hard, but it put me at peace with myself and all of humanity that there is more good than it is bad. I just wish everyone was willing and able to see that. Thank you for restoring my faith," she said while she ran her fingers along her husband's arm that still continued to hold her, even after she fell asleep.

At the sight of Isabel's tears Dawson pulled her close, tipping her chin to look up at him. "Hey, it's okay, it's over now. I just hate seeing you so upset and I didn't want to lose you. It just killed me to know what was making you so upset and there was nothing I could do to fix it. I know how much your best friend means to you and I didn't want to have to watch you lose her but I couldn't handle losing both of you, none of us could have. Without you, I have nothing. You are my everything and the world without you in it is not the world I want to live in, Isabel."

Jayden smiled at everything his wife told him. It meant a lot to the chief. The simple words spoken and how her face just seemed to glow reassured Jayden everything was going to be alright. He held her close against him, kissing her head gently before he sighed contently. "I love you, Amelia. Maybe one day you and I can adventure the world together," he told her softly, closing his eyes as the silence lingered as the two fell asleep together, comforted by one another's presence. Jayden couldn't give up his position as chief. His older daughter was right in telling him not to. Everything would work out in the end.

Isabel bit her lip as she listened to everything her husband had to say. He was right, if she would have gone after Amelia and not returned, no one would have been able to handle both losses. She couldn't imagine putting Dawson or their children through that and she let out a soft sigh before she rubbed his cheeks with her thumbs and smiled weakly. "I'm not going anywhere, I promise," she told him softly, her smile not fading. "But I know life without me wouldn't be so miserable. You would be okay. You would have to be, for our children," she added before she kissed him lovingly and meaningful. "But thank you for reassuring me we will never grow apart."

Amelia heard what her husband said before she fell asleep and it made her smile because she knew his birthday was coming up. In the next took weeks she spent her extra free time in planning a trip she knew Jayden would enjoy, it would be the much-needed trip to start their new chapter and of course she invited Dawson and Isabel to tag along. Once it was all set, Amelia was excited, both because she pulled it off without Jayden suspecting anything and because they still never traveled much together as a couple. With their departure at the end of the week, it was time to reveal the surprise. Wrapping all the things Jayden would need for the trip, she numbered the boxes, the last one with his itinerary inside. When she finished, she placed all his "birthday gifts" in different rooms in the house for him to find with a cute note included with the first, waiting for him to find at the foot of the front door before he stepped inside.

"Hi handsome!

"I hope you had a great day, hopefully, this will be the start of a great night? There are six boxes waiting for you, including this one. Find them all and they led to your birthday present! Happy searching! I love you!"

Work had become long and tiring. Being chief was never an easy task and getting in a new bunch of rookies was always a struggle in the beginning. Many of them loved to think they had the ultimate authority and Jayden would be lying if he said he didn't enjoy putting them in their place. He was looking forward to a weekend of vacation since his birthday was close. He had no clue what Amelia had planned, he simply took the day off that she asked him too. When the chief returned home for the night, he noticed the box set where the front door was. He smiled at the sight and knew his wife had to be up to something. He picked up the box and read the note before his smile widened and he laughed softly. "Oh Amelia," he said to himself before taking a picture of the box. He saved opening it for when he got all the boxes and when he entered the room, he looked around to find the other. He looked in the living room first, than the kitchen but had no luck. Amelia was good at hiding things.

Lucky for the chief, he had some eager helpers ready to lend a hand. When he stepped inside, Amelia smiled as she watched him go on the hunt and when he greeted her in the kitchen with a kiss she laughed."Are ya looking for something there Cheif?" She teased with a wink before two sets of feet came running in to follow him. "Daddy!" Camellia exclaimed excitedly, giggling when he tickled her with kisses in greeting. "Are you looking for something?" She asked, repeating what her mom had said. When Jayden set Cam back to her feet she and Lincoln took his hands. "We'll help!" They exclaimed happily, knowing just where to lead their dad since they helped their mom hide the gifts. Amelia just giggled and shook her head. She loved watching Jayden interact with his children it was so precious. Following them around, she decided to take a video of her husband trying to get hints out of Lincoln and Camilla was to where the remaining boxes were. First Camilla led her daddy into the laundry room and let go of his hand. "Mommy said we should hide one here because you never come in here!" Camilla exclaimed which made Amelia burst out laughing. "Camilla, you weren't supposed to tell him that. Don't be a snitch. He'll take away my allowance," she teased waiting for Jayden to find the second box hidden in the dryer

Jayden smiled at the sight of his wife. She was so stunning as every day passed by. It seemed as though her body never aged. He laughed softly at their middle children, squatting down to take Camilla into a hug and kissed all over her face. He followed them to the laundry room and laughed softly when he heard what his daughter had to say. He gave Amelia a teasing grin with his eyebrow raised and laughed softly. "I suppose what your mother said is right." He said with another laugh before he opened the dryer and found the second box. He was enjoying this and the excitement Camilla and Lincoln had was precious so he bent down. "Who wants to hold box number two for me?" He asked and smiled when Lincoln grabbed the box and Camilla grabbed her father's hand before looking at Amelia. "Next present?" She asked her with a wife smile.

Amelia laughed at Camilla's insistence and nodded. "Yes, he needs them all, remember?" She said as she watched her spunky daughter drag her dad into Nicolette's room where she was peacefully sleeping. "Shh!" Camilla exclaimed waiting for her dad to find the third box in her sister's crib, the fourth one in the same place in Elliott's room

Jayden smiled down at his daughter and nodded, carefully and skillfully reaching into Nicolette's crib for the third box than Elliott's for the fourth. Once he and Camila walked out of the room together quietly, he shut the door and looked down at her. "Where to next?" he asked her softly and let her carry box number three while he held number four, following her to the next spot and smiled when he saw his oldest daughter. "Hi Bel, how was school?" He asked her with a gentle smile before he kissed her head.

"It was fine," She replied sweetly. "Are you looking for this?" She asked pulling the fifth box from behind her and laughed when he tried to snatch it from her. Shaking her head, she wrapped her arms around the box. "You can have this if you can tell me the first place we ever went together." She said with raised eyebrows expecting him to forget. Regardless she would still end up giving him the fifth box, it was just typical of her to take every opportunity to tease him.

Jayden knew his oldest daughter was just teasing him and he thought it to be funny that she truly believed he wouldn't remember what he took her to do. "Well, it all depends on what you consider first. I got you ice cream in the park first but if that's not what you're looking for then I assume you are hinting at the movie I took you to see. The Jungle Book to be exact." He said with a knowing grin and laughed softly at his daughter's shook. "I don't forget things champ." He told her before hugging her and happily taking his fourth box, letting Bel and her younger siblings to lead the way to the other boxes. He was excited to open and see what was in them.

Taking his hand again Camilla led her father to the last box with her siblings following quickly behind her. Opening the door to their parents' office the trio waited for their father to find the last box on his desk alongside all the family photos that lined the desktop proudly. Once he found it, Camilla giggled. "That's the last one!" Taking his hand again the kids led him back to their mother who was sitting patiently at the island. Taking the boxes from the kids she placed the back in numerical order "Well, you found them all so I guess I can let ya open them." Amelia said with a sparkle glazing her eye. She was excited for her husband to find out what she spent the last two weeks planning. In the first five boxes were all things that hinted about Hawaii. As the kids watched their father excitedly unwrap his gifts Bel laughed at him when he looked to his wife confused after opening flip-flops and a brightly colored shirt he wouldn't normally wear. "Keep going," Amelia insisted not able to hold back her own laughs at his reaction. Strangely she started to get nervous when he came closer to the last box that told him where they were going.

Jayden could see the excitement and happiness in the eyes of his family. He didn't truly know why but after opening the first box he was both confused and curious. He abided by what Amelia said and continued to open the other boxes, revealing sunglasses and sunscreen. He couldn't quit put his tongue on what was happening but when he opened the last box, he gasped as he saw tiki's and a postcard that said Hawaii. "Are we?" He said before he saw Amelia nodded excitedly. "Oh my gosh, Amelia." He said with an excited smile and hugged her tight against her. "We're going to Hawaii! I can't believe it!" Jayden was a man who loved to travel but never really had the chance to do so.

Amelia laughed at her husband's excitement and kissed his cheek. "Well you better believe it because we leave this weekend. " Returnmg the hug, she was glad he was excited. "Bel and Dawson are coming too. It'll be fun," she insisted. "It's not quite the world but it's a start."

Jayden smiled sweetly at his wife, pulling her close and kissing her lovingly, pulling away with a laugh at their children's noises of disgust. "Oh run off to your room then." Jayden said with a laugh before he kissed Amelia once more, kissing her jawline and neck gently when the kids ran off. "Thank you." He whispered sweetly. "I'm excited for this weekend now and I know this trip will be the first of many. We'll get our chance to explore the world together someday." He assured her. They had an entire savings account dedicated to that.

"Promise?" Wrapping her arms around his neck, Amelia ran her fingers through Jayden's hair, returning his kisses. "Are you going to go zip lining with me?" she asked in a pout. She loved zip lining but it wasn't as fun as it would be if she had someone to go with her. "I paid for you to take surfing lessons with Dawson. That should be fun to watch."

Jayden laughed softly at his lovely wife before he gave her butterfly kisses and nodded. "I will go zip lining with you. I bet the rush is worth it," He said excitedly before he listened to what she said and laughed while shaking his head. "I partially know how to surf. It would be amazing to see that Texan get on a board though," He added with a grin, kissing Amelia once more. "So this is basically a couples weekend huh? We've needed one for quite awhile now."

"Don't underestimate him, he travels for a living. But I didn't know you could surf, you are a man of many talents love. I love that about you."

In the following days the trip approached rather quickly and Amelia was excited. After a day of travel follows by much needed rest, Amelia was excited. It was Jayden's birthday and they had a day of festivities planned for him. Sitting on the bed, she waited for him to finish getting ready so they could go get breakfast with Bel and Dawson. "C'mon you're old, but you're not that old!" Amelia lightheartedly teased while she played with the natural curls in her hair. She was ready for coffee.

Jayden took his time getting dressed because this was his day. He wore a set of kahki shorts and one of the Hawaiian button ups Amelia had gotten him. He was fixing his hair in the bathroom when he heard his wife and laughed softly before he walked out and slipped on his sandals. "Someone's rather eager to start the day." He said with a smile, kissing her lovingly and pushed her against the bed. "We could get some breakfast and coffee with Bell and Dawson, or we could stay in and have some alone time," He said before he kissed along her neck teasingly and stood up, pulling her up with him and placing her sun hat on her head. "I vote breakfast." With that, Jayden took his wife's hand and followed her out of their room, down to the cabana where the couples would be enjoying their breakfast.

Amelia bit her lip at her husband's forceful affection. While she found it to be pleasurable, she wasn't expecting it. However before she could respond, he pulled away in tease. "Why give me a choice if you're going to choose for me?" She asked with a smirk, biting her lip, following him out in her sundress that matched his shirt and sandals. As they made their way down she smiled at the smell of coffee and squealed when she saw a fresh cup was waiting for her. She wasn't surprised Bel and Dawson were the first ones down. They both had always been morning risers.

Jayden laughed at his wife and her excitement of having a fresh cup of coffee ready just for her. He knew Isabel had to have prepared it for her and he smiled at Bel and Dawson when they walked in. Isabel was in a cute red sundress and Dawson was semi-matching in a charcoal and red shirt. Jayden shook his head at the couple in the cabana with he and his wife. "Will you two ever learn sleep us valuable in the mornings and it is completely normal to wake up around ten in the morning?"

Isabel laughed at this remark, smiling at Dawson before she sipped her coffee with a shrug. "I've always been an early riser. There's nothing wrong with that. I go on my morning runs. They're relaxing and it was nice going on one with Dawson for a change." She said and laughed again at Jayden's face of disgust at the mention of a morning. She knew Jayden never understood the concept of waking up early to work out. It was fun for Isabel and she was always energized afterwards. "Happy Birthday, Chief. I hope you and Amelia didn't pull a quickie this morning." Isabel added with a giggle at her best friends eye roll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back