• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

History's Empires

Master Hand

*Fires finger gun*
Tired of factions in outer space? Bored of playing fantasy kingdoms? Need an rp that isn't one of the world wars?

Well, you've come to the right place! For a limited time only I will be providing the opportunity to play any of the largest and most mighty empires seen on the face of the Earth!

The Mongols against the Spanish against Imperial Japan against the British against America against many, many others!

Forge implausible alliances! Fight against different versions of yourself (like Germany's three reichs)!
Experience the feeling of shooting down bombers with arrows and the mysterious nonexistance of nukes (because this needs to be balanced somehow)!

No horribly convoluted systems to worry about. No dice roles. No micromanaging. Just a lot of broken promises, half truths, and fighting.

Want to ask me specifics on the system we're using? How this works on a map? How it makes sense for this world to exist and how people in this world deal with having all levels of technology exist at once?
I'm still working on those. Your welcome to suggest something or ask me about anything else though.

Or you can just say your interested. That's fine too, I guess.

I like this idea; it sounds interesting. Count me in. Well, at least once some of the details are worked out (like different tech levels and territory), but you said you were working on that ^-^

Glad you like it.

I'm thinking of just making it so that vehicles act like heavier-armored-but-more-costly horses, with the heaviest tanks and stuff being like war elephants wearing a suit of armor. Ancient empires could be updated to have more durable equipment.

The overall idea is that everyone is balanced to the same level. I think medieval times are a good middle ground.
Also about the map- I'll probably find a fake/fantasy map and draw lines on it- If you have something better for this let me know.

I'm very interested... I might want to play as the ever-so-unstable Not-Holy, Nor-Roman, and Not-Really-an-Empire. Or try my hand as the Brazilian Empire, or re-live Napoleon's dreams.

Yeah, that's something I need to think about. I've been thinking about either Medieval Japan, the Mongols, or the Incan Empire myself.

Oi, I'm getting my choices stolen. If there weren't so many empires I like then I might be upset.

Anyways, any questions? Suggestions? Going to get this set up pretty soon.

I like the idea. I think I'd want either Alexander the Great's Macedonia, or go waaaaay back and play as Sumer(hey, they were the world's greatest power even if it was because they were the world's only power).

Interested. I'm tempted to play either as the Joseon Dynasty, Maharlikan Empire, or a Japanese city-state outside Japan..

I'm glad to see all of the interest. Just remember that your going to have to know general information about your empire (culture, military, etc.).
There will also be events- like you discovered something, or your research was a resounding success or a failure. It will be glorious!

I think this map should work out fine, enough land for armies, enough water for navies:

2941a1359725fbb2e9adb0b7e4712186.jpg

Also, I'll probably throw in some not-quite-so-formidable npcs so you guys can get used to things before tearing each other apart.

Think about what you want your land claim to be. You don't need to be the exact size of your empire, but if you were traditionally landlocked, you should be landlocked. If you were traditionally a naval power, have a large coastline or islands. Also, consider that there will be 6+ people as well as some empty spots for npcs/resources/desert/tundra. You can only claim land once I get the thread up too.

I'm glad to see all of the interest. Just remember that your going to have to know general information about your empire (culture, military, etc.).
There will also be events- like you discovered something, or your research was a resounding success or a failure. It will be glorious!

I think this map should work out fine, enough land for armies, enough water for navies:

2941a1359725fbb2e9adb0b7e4712186.jpg

Also, I'll probably throw in some not-quite-so-formidable npcs so you guys can get used to things before tearing each other apart.

Think about what you want your land claim to be. You don't need to be the exact size of your empire, but if you were traditionally landlocked, you should be landlocked. If you were traditionally a naval power, have a large coastline or islands. Also, consider that there will be 6+ people as well as some empty spots for npcs/resources/desert/tundra. You can only claim land once I get the thread up too.
I was thinking of claiming the Gorkha Kingdom, AKA the guys that fought the British Empire to a standstill during the Anglo-Nepalese War and are the predecessors to the modern-day Gurkhas. Is there a Mountain range similar to the Himalayas I could claim?

I think that though this RP has a lot of potential problems, it could be really good if said problems were to be worked around so i guess ill give it a try.

Who makes the cs first. It'll be first come, first served either way, and the cs won't be giant so don't worry about working on it for an hour then having someone post the nation you wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back