• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy High stakes adventure /w a DM.

RavenDaas

As the title says. Probably not going to end up writing as much as other threads I've seen here. Getting through all the obligatory things first; I've no actual interest in the real life circumstances surrounding my partner so far as it relates to their writing whether that be their preexisting genitalia or otherwise. I don't ask, and I don't expect to be either. If you can write with some genuine production quality? Cool. If we end up liking one another and feel the urge to open up and communicate more about one another? Even cooler. I'm not any particular form of introvert, but I do take some amount of umbrage with people who - usually without prompting - open up their life story and the dramas that entail. Totally happy to hear it from someone I consider a friend.

I'dunno. Felt like I rambled a bit there and ended up complaining. Onto what I actually want.

I run a handful of text-based campaigns as a DM/Narrator/Your flavored text here inside of original universes; that is, worlds with their own attached lore, characters, locales, etc, that has no basis in any other established universe whether it be from a book or our own reality. Zero interest in anything that isn't a straight OC. In this context, I'm looking for someone to swap roles with me and present me a world to muck about in where they take up the mantle of DM and set up conflicts, greater stories and subplots around a proto-protagonist inside (what is preferred) a 'Medieval,' universe or lower. 'Medieval,' in this case describing anything that takes place in my mind at the height of social feudalism and well before the introduction of firearms as a mainstay of weaponry. If 'Feudalism,' is too strict a word or too loose for anyone to know what it means, then the succinct description is, 'The majority population living in restricted social castes in a hierarchy where power is inherent.' Whether that genuinely means the majority of the population are enslaved and bound to a piece of dirt that is passed down to children is up to whoever is controlling the world. I'm totally okay with a more fantastical universe where people live in relative freedom of movement. Full disclosure in that I appreciate bitter, inhospitable worlds where poverty, disease, and all those other cool things from similar time periods as we know them are present. There is no particular reason other than that I'm a sycophant. I get a kick out of it. Violence. Civil and cultural unrest. Racial tensions. All good stuff.

Past that? Not sure. I prefer a world being 'living and breathing,' insofar as that the world is constantly moving with events around the world happening where the main character may or may not influence them at all. World events occurring all over the place. Battles. Wars. Inventions. Treaties. Tax season. There being a system of economic realism and logic would be nice - why is this city a trading hub whilst this one isn't? If the answer is, 'cause a river goes through it,' that isn't exactly what I'm looking for. I can go without it though just as well - if nothing else, I just want established rules to be consistent whether it be magic or the aforementioned magic trade river.

Pretty sure that's it. I've a Discord at Kaithe Dame#1196. Email at alexeistrife@gmail.com, remove the comma. Hope to hear from someone soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back