• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom High Fantasy MC RP

Theo paused and laughed a little “hmm I suppose I know I could technically make potions with smaller tools but I’ve always been helping the village so brewing stands and such are a mystery to me.” He explains a little. He was implying that even if he had potions out in the road he’d run out and have no way to make more. “I suppose it’d be easy to learn but what does it matter? I don’t even know where I’d travel.” He says softly as he stands up.

Walking into the kitchen he starts to fill a large pot with water and then he gets out his grindstone starting to grind up some nether wart something he paid a pretty penny for. Or well the last of his money for. He worries he won’t be able to find any for the coming winter and he’ll be out of business. It was a scary thought but very real one. “Plus I definitely can’t afford enough nether wart for traveling that stuff ain’t cheap.” Thosei in his stupid moth brain didn’t think to realize Mogi was from the nether and probably knew how to get nether wart.

But whatever he couldn’t grow it either because he couldn’t afford to pay someone to dig him some soulsand. “Can’t grow it either soulsand is also just as pricey”

The moth dumped the nether wart into the water pot before walking back over “think you could put this in the fireplace. Shouldn’t be too heavy!”

He says as if he wasn’t carrying an iron cauldron filled with water. It was a pretty decent weight but he’d been picking things like this up and moving them around like this for years. To him this was plenty easy. To Theo he hadn’t even thought about the weight at all when picking it up.

Honestly, he was glad Theo didn’t have a brewing stand. Mogi had heard of brewing stands from the Mobs living in fortresses. The stands apparently were made from the limbs of blazes, and fueled by the powder of them as well. He’d also heard of entire Squishes of cubes being split apart and killed for their cream cores.

Mogi laid back down on the floor on his side and pulled his bag closer to rummage through it as Theo left the room.

He had made a small fortune, that he was still living off of, from selling most of the Nether wart and soul sand he brought with him. Mogi originally grabbed them so he’d have a bit of home with him. But the will of a wither turned out to be in his favor and the fungi and sand were highly sought after in the Overworld.

“I’ve got a bit of the warts if you need some” he offered, pulling various items from both the Overworld and the Nether out of the bag to get to the Netherwart pouch. Then he looked up and saw Theo carrying the cauldron like it was nothing.

If he was part Piglin he’d probably either take the display of strength as a challenge or as Theo courting him. He wasn’t though, obviously. But he couldn’t deny the fluster it caused in his core and glow in his face.

“Sure!” He replied and quickly stood to take the cauldron, involuntarily letting out a small huff as he took the full weight of it. Granted it wasn’t impossible or really hard for himself, but carrying a cauldron was cumbersome at the very least. He made swift work of putting the cauldron over the fire with flames flickering around his arm braces and hands.

Once finished, he shook and flicked his hands to cool them down.

Theo watched him and smiled looking at the nether wart he had. “Ah! No no I couldn’t I could never pay you back I really don’t have the money for any..” he explains as he sits at the couch watching the fire a moment.

Mogi was so interesting to him. He watched as he cooled his own hands. Theo wondered what else the other could do and if the fire was like nice for him. It sounded stupid but Theo couldn’t think of anything else. “It’s so cool that you can like touch fire and stuff being a moths seems pretty boring in comparison.” He jokes softly as he feels his wings flutter behind him.

Honestly as he sits here he feels a little overdressed. Mostly because of how few clothes Mogi had next to the fire. He also noticed how occasionally the magmas skin would glow on his face a little brighter and he wasn’t quite sure why.

“Plus sounds pretty good for protection and hiding, you know since if there’s jobs out and you just find a lava pool around these parts you could easily hide through the night.” He could say he’d fly up to a tree and hide but he would stay up most nights and sleep During the day so there was always phantoms out when he went out too long,

He’s been told a few times that moths come out at night but weren’t completely nocturnal so that made sense but sucked. Phantoms were mean. Not hybrids but just regular phantoms.

Mogi looked up from his hands and fought a frown. It wasn’t an issue to give Theo some of his Nether wart, maybe he could give some as repayment for letting him stay? The thought was cut off by Theo’s joking words though.

“Eh, I would say being able to travel in snow or be able to fly is more interesting than being fireproof,” Mogi shrugged, “you don’t have to worry about burning things if you’re too emotional, or worry about coolling too fast and basically becoming a statue.” He continued to shake out his hands.

He envied Overworld mob hybrids sometimes. They didn’t have to worry like he did in the Overworld. He supposed that it’s because he wasn’t in the dimension he belonged in, just like how they’d have to worry constantly if they were in Nether.

Mogi sat down once his hands were cooled enough not to burn or singe and he continued to dig through his bag.

“I can’t be in lava for too long or I melt, and if I melt too much I lose control of my magma and…” he trailed off grimly, not wanting to put it to words. He had one close call.

He’d been only a few years into his second size and he leapt after a first size cube into a lava pool. His mother had called out a warning but he had already been in the air. He was fine for a while, but all of his skin’s hardened layers eventually melted and he started to lose feeling in his magma. If it weren’t for his Squish surrounding him and pushing him out... he didn’t know whether he would be here or not.

“If i were completely Magma cube I’d be fine, but it’s the little human part that screws me over so I can’t just hide in lava pools for the night” Mogi added. Then, he finally found the pouch of Nether wart.

“Consider them a thank you for letting me stay,” Mogi said while pulling the wrapped bundle out of it’s pouch and taking around six shrooms off the bundle. He placed the warts on the table and smiled.

“oh… fun that’s really interesting actually.” He says softly “I mean sorry, I just mean. I’ve never met anyone like you before, in fact I haven’t met very many hybrids at all.” He says so so softly he moves to the floor to sit next to Mogi intrigued.

He takes the small bag. Theo smiles and sighs. “Alright I’ll take it but only because I don’t think I can convince you otherwise.” He takes it and sets it on the table. He smiles and looks at him examining his face a little. “Your eyes are pretty,” he says without thinking.

Theo had a really heavy disconnect from his instincts and his normal emotions. When he was little he had them he’s sure but instincts are nothing more than a small scratch on his brain when he sees a bright light and gets minorly distracted.

“Mogi this may sound a little weird to ask but would you tell me what your instincts are like?” He asks quietly as he sits in front on him wings behind him laying on the floor. He looks away embarrassed “it’s sad to say but I don’t really have any, or well I can’t seem to understand them. So I’m just curious what they’re like since you’re a hybrid and all.” You could barely calm him one. Theo was more human if anything. Most moths would look down on him according to his mother. Moths were meant to be short and small and their wings weren’t supposed to be so colorful on the inside like his were.

(Just gonna say this at the end his wings look sorta like an atlas moths wings but a little more orange and no green)

His smile fell a little at the return of the topic but he bounced back once he made out that he was Theo’s first meeting with another hybrid.

“I’ve met several different kinds, I’ve met part Bee hybrids, part skeleton— from the Nether and up here— part sheep, part parrot, part cat, even a part creeper!”

It was always interesting to see how each hybrid, even with the same Mob heritage, was different. Some bee hybrids had four arms, some didn’t. Some skeleton hybrids could pass as a sickly human with the skin and fat but no muscle over their bones. Some parrot hybrids had beaks and laid eggs, some didn’t. The variables that affected how hybrid traits presented were so intriguing!

He waved his hand up and down towards Theo to emphasize his words, “But I haven’t met someone part Moth till you”

Mogi blinked and flushed from the complement, “..I like your eyes too” He whispered, core spinning in flutters. Theo’s eyes reminded him of other Cubes’ eyes back home but he couldn’t feel any heat radiating from Theo that caused the yellow colors.

Theo had sat down next to him and Mogi could see the details of his wings. The nether colors near the ends and the curve to the tips were very pretty to look at.

Mogi looked up from Theos wings, “Oh?” The question caught him off guard but it wasn’t taken as rude, he was curious about Theo instincts as well.

“...it’s hard not to lash out physically when I’m angry,” he admitted. It was a common trouble of hybrids with aggressive mob heritage.

He went on, “And I’m drawn to heat and physical contact, Cubes are very affectionate towards their own, and others if they’ve been isolated” Which was how his grandfather ended up bonding with a Cube. He’d gotten lost and so had the other grandparent. The two ended up helping each other survive and the two were inseparable afterwards.

“Or at least, that’s what I noticed anyway” he ended with laugh that trailed into a sigh.

Mogi pondered the fellow hybrid’s heritage.

Clearly, it didn’t sound like Theo's mother was a hybrid herself. So how did Theo have so much Moth heritage to present human-like in only face shape and limb placement? From what he could tell, Theo appeared to be more Inhuman than human like Mogi himself was.

“What do you know of your family tree?” he asked while starting to repack his bag, “I’m only quarter human because of my Grandfather, the rest of me is all Magma cube like my Squish”

His grandfather was his only fully human relative. His mother and uncle were both half human, and he himself was only a quarter. His mother was fully immune to fire with the rock skin she had, but she didn’t have the cream core like Cubes did and she depended on brief dips in lava pools to keep moving. While his uncle was only fire resistant and had a cool running core under his human skin.

Mogi only knew of his uncle through his mother and some stories from the rest of his Squish. His uncle didn’t make it past childhood. From what Mogi’s mother told him, he knew his uncle's core burned cold for a Cube but burned borderline too hot for a human. As his uncle grew up, his core warmed up and his human parts eventually fried from his core’s heat.

Last edited:
Theo tilts his head and smiles. “Ah oh uh I don’t really know much I know dad was a moth himself but mom doesn’t even know much about him herself. It was a hook up at best and he’d left town before she even got to tell him she was pregnant. And the only thing I know is that he was more moth, my moms humans genes sorta failed? They should’ve come through more I should be half human but there was a mutation in my genes.”

He says “or something like that. Mom says I shouldn’t look so bug like,” he says finally as he watches Mojis gaze and eyes smiling. “I never met my dad and I probably never will, I mean it wouldn’t change much I doubt I’d ever get to join a group of moths…I don’t even know what the word is, like your squish or whatever I can’t even tell you anything about moths.” He holds his face with his hands and frowns.

“The only instinct I get is to follow lights and at this point it’s avoidable my brain finds it easy to ignore at this point.” If Theo grew up around other hybrids he’d find his eclipse to be quite a lovely place. They’d sleep all day in a family nest and then in the night he’d get to go out with his eclipse and forage for nectar and fruits and berries.

A life he knew nothing about. Theo had long since forgotten his young fledging nesting instincts his mother saying he was a horrible child when he was still a fledging since small children always were born deep into their instincts. Theo wasn’t given the proper care he should’ve been given.

“I don’t know much about myself but if you ever have any questions about uh, having extra arms or wings I suppose I could figure out how to explain that!”

Mogi paused his repacking to listen, and fiddled with a chunk of Basalt. Theo’s explanation felt off, but who was he to be the judge of that? Technically speaking, Magma cube hybrids shouldn’t be possible. Yet here he was.

“Maybe we could go back and forth asking questions about culture, instincts, how certain things function, etcetera, if you want?” He suggested, twirling the chunk between two fingers.

“For example, how does having four arms work? Can you multitask with them? Or does it have to be the same task for each pair?” He asked, pointing to Theos arms.

“Hmm Alright sure” he thought it over for a moment. “I can’t promise I’ll have a lot of answer myself” he laughs a little and smiles.

“Alright well uh my arms are all relatively independent.” He reaches one out to Mogis and gently lifts it the other scratching the back of his head. The other two stay at his side. “They’re sorta like yours. You can move them all doing different things but if you get distracted you might forget to hold your cup or keep brushing your hair.” Theo explains thinking a moment. “Having four is harder to keep track of but mostly yes they’re all independent.” He lets go of the others arm and he grins.

“Alright my turn right? I can ask anything?” He clarity’s getting a small nod he ask easily obviously already having thought about it.

“I know some mobs have like, courting thingys, is that like all hybrid from what you know or just some? Cause one time some bee hybrid came through and he asked me if I have any daffodils for his courting gift. And I didn’t even know what that meant…” he says nervously smiling. “Uh you don’t have to answer if it’s a weird question I have other things I could ask!”

He adds not wanting to come off too weird for wanting to know. He was just terribly curious since he remembers once thinking a silk ribbon would make a nice gift for someone. But it felt like a special gift he didn’t have a name for it then and maybe still now…but maybe that’s what a courting gift was!

Mogi resisted the urge to lean into Theos grip on his arm. There again was that lack of fear from Theo. It meant so much to him. Trying not to just stare sillily at Theo, he followed along with Theo’s explanation and glanced between each arm.

So using all four separately would be extremely difficult. He supposes it’s like how tapping one beat with one hand and trying to tap another with the other hand is difficul—

Wither damnit, that smile was really cute. He manages to nod at the clarification.

But he can’t help but flush a little at the courting gift question with his previous thoughts as context. Because now he was curious, what was a Moth hybrid’s courting custom? Not that he’d use it of course! Just, he was curious. No second reason. None. None at all. He just met Theo! It’s not something he would use... yet. No!! He had other things he planned to do, courting Theo was not something he needed to focus on right now. Well, maybe later... if he came back. Maybe he could convince Theo to come with him? Then he could try while they traveled..? He doubted that’d work.

“It’s not a weird question! I know a lot about it actually!” He reassures before leaping into the topic.

“Some hybrids use their Mob side’s courting methods, some go with human methods, it depends” he explained, putting down the Basalt and picking up a chunk of smelted gold, “for Piglins it involves a gift of gold and a display of strength, and yes, a gift of your potential partner’s favorite flower is the courting method for bee hybrids”

He put the gold down and leaned on his legs, “Some mob species don’t have a courting method, us magma cubes don’t really have one other than prolonged physical contact or presence with the target of the courting, but that’s between actual Cubes and that results in the cubes involved merging together into the enormous cubes you see hopping around.”

He goes on with an energetic wave of the hand, “it really is an extremely personal process, most of the time it’s between a group of three cubes but pairs and quads also merge, the merging of cubes requires a closeness, trust, and love that is extremely strong because they’re quite literally becoming one!”

Mogi grins, then shakes his head, “But back to other courtings, with cat hybrids it’s a gift of a string with a feather at the end, most make them themself and make them highly personalized, with skeletons and skeleton hybrids, it’s an enchanted bow with personalized carvings often with both the person giving and receiving’s names, it’s really interesting how different hybrids have different customs for courting, some hybrids with two mob heritages mix the courting customs or if two different hybrids want to court each other the thoughtfulness of learning the other’s heritage customs can really mean so much—”

Mogi realized he had been rambling for quite a while and cut himself off, face heating with embarrassment.

“Sorry It’s just something I’ve learned a lot about over my travels and it’s really really interesting to me as someone who’s heritage doesn’t really have a custom for courting that I can take part in” he admitted sheepishly, the glow in his face only growing stronger.

Theo listened intently not minding the info dump from him listening and soaking up every detail. He leaned on his hand as he watched him talk. Mogi was really pretty he had a nice face and he could listen to him talk for hours his voice was soft and sweet like nectar. He realized what he was thinking shutting it down blushing. No no Theo this was a guest! Not your new little crush!

It’s never worked before when he tried to stop having a small crush but this one felt worse because he knows Mojis gonna leave tomorrow. Unless it decided to snow or rain. It had been cloudy recently and with the slight dampness in the air that made his wings heavy he didn’t doubt eventual rain. But that was stupid. He should really not be hoping for that.

He did so anyways. He laughed and shook his head. “No no that was super interesting! I’d love to hear more, you clearly no a lot and I personally know nothing so it’s nice to hear about” he says softly as he looks at mogi. Maybe he just wanted to hear him talk longer.

“So do magma hybrids not court with gifts? Are there other ways to court? You did mention that piglins court with shows of strength and gifts…”

He thinks about it. “Is it similar for you? Is there something you do for other? Sorry if I’m asking a lot of questions I mean technically it’s your turn…” he trails off realizing it was Mogis turn we’re follow up questions allowed?

Theo’s laughter and the way Theo sat with his head leaned on his hand, clearly having been actually listening to him, brought Mogi joy.

“Oh thank you! I love telling what I know, though people often just brush me off” he laughed nervously at the end before continuing, “Anyway, it’s fine! I love answering questions.”

Mogi waves the trouble off, he only suggested they go back and forth so they had something to talk about.

He smiles softly then taps a finger to his leg in thought, “Technically there is? With the typical getting to know a person, you know? but there aren't exactly a lot of cube hybrids, I haven’t met any that weren’t my own family, so I only know the courting that non hybrid magma cubes do.”

He puts the gold and Basalt away, “Gifts of favorite rocks a cube likes to eat are meaningful, but that’s something you’d do to just show you care a lot about the other cube either platonically or romantically like with any sort of gift”

He pauses. Food, other members of a Squish, surroundings, and memorable stories to tell are what the typical Cube has for its priorities. In general, Cubes are simple minded. But he hates how humans and even other hybrids already look down on him for being from an aggressive mob, he doesn’t want to perpetuate the idea that his heritage isn’t sentient.

“...I don’t like to say anything that may support the idea that Mobs are mindless,” He cringes inward a little as he speaks, “but magma cubes are… not exactly the highest in intelligence, they are sentient, they’re just really simple with their thought processes and only focus on immediate ideas.”

Wither, Mogi felt awkward talking about that. He picked at the edge of one of his arm braces, “But uhm, yeah, cube courting isn’t really overly complicated, resting on or side by side the target of courting, gifts of favorite rocks, typical affection stuff”

“As for my question, can you fly?” He asks, attempting to change the subject.

Theo listened and hummed “oh uh-“ he frowns a little. Weren’t all hybrids sentient they were have human…he was less human than moth and still clearly sentient. “I didn’t even know people thought that, I mean aren’t the simpler things sometimes the nicest? Like since I don’t know any of my own and I don’t have any instincts really I think that sounds like a lovely way to be courted…”

Theo smiled and then nodded “yes! I can fly if it’s not raining or snowing but yeah.” He says softly. Before frowning a little “well no I can’t fly for very long and stuff but that’s mostly because I don’t get to fly very often… the village people don’t like when I show off my wings like that. And out in the forest the trees are just dense enough I can’t find a spot to fly above them. So my wings are pretty weak!” He says with a soft smile although clearly this mildly upset him.

Theo wanted to fly more wanted to be able to feel the wind on his face but that wasn’t really his reality. “But yeah” he flutters his wings and flares them out behind him careful to not hit anything. “They can’t carry me too well but at least they’re pretty I suppose.” He says two hands holding the side before he lays them back down on the ground.

“Do you have any other questions? Since I got to ask a few it’s only fair you do too! But you know if not I can totally
Ask something!” He smiles.

Well… Mogi mentally noted Theo liking Magma cube courting methods down for future use. Emphasis on future!

A simmering rage toward this village’s townpeople had been growing slowly.
And it finally bubbled up to the surface because of how the villagers' judgment prevented Theo from using and having healthy wings. Diet, arms, instincts, now wings? It pissed Mogi off to no end.

“Yeah I do have another, why do you put up with them?” Mogi tried not to sound too venomous, “If I were in your shoes I would have packed up and left a long time ago and found a hybrid supporting village” However he was borderline hissing out every word. His core was burning hotter from the anger stoking it, so the hissing of his words may have been from the heat.

“Sorry! It’s just.” He rubbed his face with his hands and pressed his eyes with his hands’ palms, “You shouldn’t have to hide your traits, eat foods that cause you discomfort, disuse your wings to point where you can barely fly all because of humans who hate hybrids”

Mogi would have to be dangled above powered snow to admit it, but he’d punched a couple of racists before in other towns. The first had been some drunk woman blocking him from entering an inn while it rained. The second had been a miner who had swung first, with a pickaxe no less, while Mogi had been mining for coal. The third was another hybrid, sheep to be specific, who said it was the hybrids like him who cause them all to get a bad name.

Last edited:
Theo had been smiling before frowning. “Oh uh-“ he pulled in his wings the occasional flutter stopping as he tensed up a bit. “I don’t know…I guess I’ve just always lived here and I don’t really want to leave my mom, she’s horrible but she did raise me and it’s not like she hit me when I was little and stuff. She was a loving mother and stuff outside of when we were at church..” he could tell she had always wanted to be a mother just not a mother to someone like him. His antenna droop down and he avoids eye contact.

“She’s not a good mother by any means but I really do love her, it’s not her fault that she lived in a village like this, sure she could’ve left but she was a single mother in a hybrid hating town. She couldn’t just run away especially when she had so little money and her family was a devout notch family…” he says trailing off before frowning and sighing talking a breath his wings flutter finally.

“Mogi sorry that was a lot, I apologize for over sharing like that, in short I just don’t want to leave my mother we have tea together on weekends and I know she wishes she could’ve done me better, I don’t want to take away her only sib and second chance to be a good mother.”

Theo pulls at his sleeves and then smiles softly to Mogi “Although I would love to explore and see the world I don’t think I was born for that kind of adventure. I’m sure if I asked her she’d tell me to go but I know she wouldn’t want me too.” She was scared not only for him to leave but that if he did he’d never come back because he’d realize how horrible of a mother she was,

She had been very drunk when she admitted this coming to his home crying and not sober. He had comforted his mother and they never spoke of the incident as they didn’t speak of plenty. “Plus I’m sure you have family who don’t travel and like to stay somewhere familiar, this is my familiar maybe the thought of leaving scares me a little too…”

He says softly his wings fluttering he still kept his gaze down.

Theo was so expressive, his antenna, his wings, Mogi wanted to learn what every movement meant. And oh.. cursed Wither, it hurt to see Theo sad, Mogi loved his smile.

But Mogi… couldn’t say he understood why Theo stayed. He really couldn’t. His mother was the only person who understood what it was like as a hybrid in a Squish. His mother always guided the Squish to familiar places, but when he talked about how he wanted to explore? She supported that and taught him how to take care of himself. All the times he felt alienated by the Squish, she was there to show he had at least someone. He loved her, but he wanted to travel, and now he was going back to visit. She had been a constant that pleased his small human side.

He wrung his hands as he spoke. “I.. I’m sorry, I don’t understand why you stay, even with the loyalty to a mother, being stuck in one place just feels wrong to me, especially if it’s hostile.”

Cubes wanted to drift, they ate, grew, moved and split if the group was too big. That's just how it was. As he grew up, he said goodbye to so many Cubes that were part of his Squish. Meeting someone and loving them, only to part ways was something he’d accepted.

“You have your reasons for staying, to me, they don’t make sense, but they mean something to you.” He replied softly, then looked over to his bag.

“I’ll uh, turn in for the night I guess?” He added solemnly, the mood was too down and ruined for there to be more curious questions. He pat his bag and put the few remaining items, which were clothes, back inside.

Theo frowned. Shit he’d ruined the mood he nods. “Alright yeah yeah, cool I’ll be in my room then…” he awkwardly gets up standing there for a second before walking away to his room. He flips onto his bed and groans annoyed with himself. He shouldn’t just said he liked it here! No need to trauma dump! He kept his face buried in his blankets trying to ignore the pit in his stomach. His wings fanned out behind him and fluttered a bit.

After what felt like hours which was closer to a minute he got up and started to change into pyjamas. He got off his shirt and shorts in favor of some warm sweats the nights were getting colder after all. He put on a loose shirt as well. Taking off his few bracelets he laid down and stared at the light in his room. “Stupid Theosei can’t even make friends with one person, not quite a hybrid never a human.” He grumbled out as he sighed pulling blankets and pillows around him in an almost nest like way but not quite.

Theo didn’t know or realize but those were his nesting instincts coming through. They begged him to build one and be wrapped up by parental arms but it never happened. Thosei not aware of the urge just knowing he liked to be surrounded by lots of pillows and blankets the warmth around him comforting. That’s what he liked to say at the least.

Theo was upset with himself because he had a sorta mini crush on the other, but clearly he’d ruined any chance, he was too awkward and Mogi travelled he could never do so. That was. He just didn’t, even if he wanted to. That just wasn’t his life. Theo could never be something Mogi wanted or needed…

Theo should stop thinking about that, he could barely call them friends after ruining the mood so badly! “Why am i like this!” He groans into his pillow turning of his light and smushing the thing into his face.

Mogi watched as Theo stood up and stayed for a second before Theo walked off to his room. A moment of hesitation? Mogi didn’t know. He then grabbed his bag and rolled over to the fireplace. With his back to the fire and laid on his side, Mogi wrapped his right around his bag while he leaned his head on his left.

He felt bad about his temper ruining the mood. The question drudged up an obviously personal topic. But dammit, he hated how Theo had to repress hybrid traits. Mogi’s had to repress his need for physical affection, and that was horrible on him just by itself. Other instincts? Bodily needs? He wouldn’t stand for it.

It’s why he was going back to visit his mother so soon. He needed to get back to the dimension he better belonged in. Mogi was getting by with the rocks and minerals he could find and spreading out the supplies from the Nether. But he needed to eat netherrack and the various stones only found in the fiery dimension. He couldn’t healthily feed himself up here and he longed for the freely given affection from his Squish.

For now he settled with hugging his bag, but it wasn’t the same.

Mogi pulled his bag closer and buried his face in it. It smelt vaguely of the Basalt biome his mother and Squish often lived in. But his mind wandered to the hybrid in the next room.

What would it be like to get a four armed hug? To just be enveloped and feel the fuzz that covered Theo’s arms around him? To be the other hybrid’s heater in a cold room? What would Theo’s wings feel like? What about Theo’s hair?

Mogi stamped down the touch crave fueled curiosity and rubbed his fingers on his bag. The texture was a familiar one, a knowing one. One that was his only company most days and nights.

Would Theo say no if he asked to join him in his room? Wait, no, that could be taken the wrong way. Mogi cheeks heated in embarrassment and he pressed his face further into the bag. He just wanted affection and the presence of someone, not what the question implied to humans. Wither damnit.

Mogi rolled over to watch the fire and try to sleep. But the knowledge that someone was right there in the other room that he could receive contact from made it difficult.

Theo woke up the next morning his wings sore from sleeping on them weirdly he sighs and gets up stretching them out behind him. His hair was messy and in his eyes but he didn’t care much walking out his room jumpy when he sees Mogi. He had sorta forgotten the other was on his floor. He yawns and rubs his eyes he goes through his cupboard and got some of his nectar to eat sitting on his counter as he just ate zoning out a bit.

It was early in the morning and he was tired and his wings were sore at where they met on his back. This also happened when he didn’t use them enough which was almost all the time.

In the mornings he’s been told he’s a pretty grumpy person so he didn’t enjoy a lot of talking in the morning. Theo was in his own world as he had “breakfast”. He kicked his feet antenna dropping down simply because he was tired and they weren’t being used. He yawned again stretching all but one arm so he could keep his nectar close.

“I wonder what I’ll do today…” he mumbles to himself lost in thought.

Mogi isn’t sure when exactly he fell asleep, but when he awoke the fire was nearly dead. There was shuffling coming from somewhere behind him. Groggily, he laid there and stared blankly at the fireplace’s dying coals. Mogi had his head resting on his bag and arms wrapped around the sides as he laid on his stomach. He must have shifted in his sleep, which wasn’t surprising.

When he moved his arm to push himself up, it took more effort and there was a sound akin to cracking your knuckles as the inner layers of cooled magma were split. Mogi then moved to stretch, wincing each time he cracked while he did so. It didn’t exactly hurt for the layers to crack, but it wasn’t pleasant either. He stoked his core, taking deep breaths to do so, and held his knees to his chest once he finished stretching.

The broken inner layers slowly melted back into a soft magma and the subtle glow his skin usually had returned to it. He flopped back on the floor and popped one of the fireplace’s dying coals in his mouth. Laying an arm over his eyes, he groaned.

He hated mornings in the Overworld when he didn’t sleep in a warm enough area. Now he felt drained, even if he just woke up. And caffeine from coffee the human he first met had wouldn’t work on him. So he was stuck with this drained feeling till his body stocked up enough fuel to burn again.

Theo was distracted from his trance by the cracking and looked in mild concern before sighing. He yawned and walked to the front door stepping out grabbing wood from his pile and coming back in. Mornings like this he wouldn’t realize but he’d fall into his instincts naturally, he let out a small chitter and then placed the wood into the almost dead fire. He looked down at Mogi.

“Hi, uh sorry just fixing the fire…” he says grabbing his flint and steel on the mantle piece taking two tries before he got a new fire going. “Hope that helps!” He says before walking away embarrassed. His brain had been running on autopilot and he had just stood over Mogi before crouching down and being so close-

He chitters nervously without even knowing as he goes back to the kitchen. Theo wasn’t aware of his own hybrid sounds it was kinda odd. He noticed the sound but assumed it was the night animals retreating back into the forest. Although he didn’t spot any outside…either way there was so reasonable explanation.

He puts the nectar away with a sigh, he shouldn’t eat so much anyways. Theo walked into his bathroom and got some water and carefully splashed his face. Carefully incase any water got on his wings. He closed his eyes and sighed doing his daily routine fixing up his hair and brushing his teeth. Doing the daily’s. He yawns and flutters his wings to get any dirt that was between them out and then walked back out.

“Feel free to uh use any of my appliances for anything. I doubt you need it but…” he trails off and shrugs. “It’s whatever.” He was tired.

Mogi laid there with his arm over his eyes till he heard Theo heading in his direction. Lifting his arm to see, Mogi watched as Theo put new logs in the fire and worked over him to relight the fire. The closeness caused that stuttering in his core, granted it was just overworked, but... paired with the slight affectionate satisfaction? Mogi knew it was what was called a crush.

The term always sounded funny to him. “Crush” was usually associated with a harrowing story of meeting a human when it came to cubes. But with humans and other hybrids surrounded by humans, someone crushing on someone meant they had feelings for the other. Cultural context differences for terms were such a curiosity Mogi adored.

When Mogi met Theos gaze he couldn’t help but smile nervously at the situation.

“Thanks for relighting it” He replied quietly. Theo was obviously embarrassed, Mogi was too.

The sounds Theo made while walking away were practically impossible not to find adorable. It was growing much harder to avoid this crush. Mogi sat up with a mild aching in his recently re-melted magma and he leaned against the caldron still in the fireplace. He then rummaged through his bag for the chunk of Basalt he’d been fiddling with last night.

It was his last chunk, and while he had a decent amount of blackstone left, it left him with a feeling of urgency. He didn’t have time to stick around and entertain his feelings for a “crush” not without having to hunt down someone willing to sell chunks of blackstone, netherack or basalt. With great reluctance, he broke it in half and ate one of the pieces.

Theo finished up whatever he was doing by the time Mogi nearly finished the second half of the basalt.

“Yea, ’m fine, don’ need ‘em,” he says, then swallows to speak clearer, “appreciate it though.”

He pauses before speaking again, “I gotta head out soon, I need to get to the Nether as quick as I can before I run out of supplies I can’t get from up here” That reminds him, he was nearly out of coal.

“Speaking of, do you know where I can get coal?” He asks, then quickly amends, “Not charcoal, I need the actual rock.”

Theo nods slowly not noticing how his antenna lower sadly at the idea. His instincts sad over losing someone so cute and obviously his type so so soon. Then an idea pops into his head. Theo speaks before he can process the words. “The only place to get coal is in the town over as there’s no active mines in my village.” He explains before adding on quickly.

“The other town is a bit deeper in the woods and I wouldn’t want you getting lost again so if you’d like I’ll take you!” He says quickly blushing a bit and biting his cheek.

Why did he say that? He can’t leave! What would he even pack? Just the trip to the village he supposes. He’ll bring back coal for a village that way his absence won’t be taken as him leaving. Just a short trip. He looks to Mogis “I mean our first meeting was when you got lost so I assume it’ll happen again right?” He says as he tries to reason.

Theo felt stupid and excited and he let out a small quite trill the kind that only a hybrid would make but did a very very small difference.

Damn, next town over? Mogi hadn’t gone this way after leaving the desert city, he went west then over the course of his travels circled back around to the areas east of that desert. He certainly hadn’t gotten lost and ended up farther east than he intended on his way home, certainly not.

He kept his gaze downward in embarrassment, “Really would like not getting lost again, so yes I’d love to have you guide me over” Mogi also tilted his head away to try and downplay the way Theo’s cute trills affected him. He also wanted Theo around for more reasons than him being a guide.

Okay, spilt him down the middle, he liked being around the moth hybrid. Mogi may have been used to goodbyes, but they still hurt. And if he could delay this one? He will.

Maybe this was his chance to convince Theo that other places would be healthier? The thought brought the sour feelings from last night back. If Theo wanted to stay in this village when Theo finished guiding him to and from the other town, that was Theos decision. He shouldn’t be pushy about it, Wither knows how that went with people trying to convince him to stay put.
He pulled out his Overworld outerwear and armor he’d stored his bag and began putting them back on.

“You should start packing a travel bag or something, get some spare clothes, a weapon, enough food that would last you a few days as well, etcetera” he told Theo as he was putting on the layers, “anything you may need to survive for a few days away from a house.”

Mogi briefly picked up his leg armor halfway through putting on the clothing layer, “Armor would be good if you have some, I can give you some pieces of my own set that may fit if you don’t have any,” he added.

He then gestured to Theos whole body before going back to putting on his clothing layer, “you don’t have the benefit of having non-fleshy skin like I do” The thought of Theo getting hurt by a skeleton or zombie while he had armor he could have given the fleshy hybrid was one he couldn’t ignore. He also had no clue how far away this other town was. Hopefully it wouldn’t take a week or longer, he doubted it would take any longer than a few days though.

It all depended on Theo’s pace and view on how far was “Not that far”.

Theo nodded “uh right right, and I think I have some old leather armor? Or something of the sorts!” He quickly retreats to his room unsure of what was next. He grabs his bag and starts to shove a few necessities inside. Clothes and a few oils and such for his wings. Then he grabbed some bandages. He also changed into his traveling clothes. A loose tank top and a cloak. He kept his sweats on because it still was sorta cold out shorts could be for another day. Plus it’s be easier to pack them as pajamas this way.

Theo pulled out his emergency stash of nectar from the kitchen after getting things from his room and shoved two whole bottles into his bag which was a bit of overpacking but best to be prepared. Then he grabbed some small pouches to maybe if he found any rarer herbs be able to collect them.

He then walked over to Mogi. “Uh so my old leather armors pretty messed up but I wouldn’t want to take yours I’ll be fine the path too the village has a few hotels on the way so we won’t have to camp outside and I’m pretty sure since they’re out in the woods they don’t mind hybrid clientele!”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back