• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Hidden in the Binary (Wolf&Michi)

"While you're in there can you pass me a beer?" He asked holding out his hand, as he raised his eyebrows questioningly. "Hm? Oh, his sister's wedding. Instead of paying him for fixing you, I'm gonna sit, smile and look pretty at his sister's wedding, I guess so people don't bother him about not seeing anyone right now. I don't know. But I get free fancy food, and a free fancy suit, and I get to have you fixed. So honestly, it's a win-win-win situation for me. No downsides there." He said with a laugh as he opened the beer he was given. He brought it up to his lips to take a sip as his head rested on the cabinet behind him.

He handed him the beer and pulled out a big bowl from the cupboard, "Oh.. So you're going as his date then?.." he tossed the ground beef into the bowl along with some breadcrumbs. He washed his hands thoroughly before he started mixing the ground beef with the crumbs an egg and some spices. He mixed up the ground beef quickly and put it all into the pan and then into the oven. Aries washed his hands in the sink again removing the raw beef and egg from his hands. He walked back over and sat down at the dining chair again, "I thought you were dating.. Matt.." he said the name like it was venomous. "Or was that just a fling?"

Lyam shrugged, "Not really a date. More of so that he doesn't have to bring a real date. A fake date." He gave a grimace when Aries brought up Matt. "Eh.. I'm not really dating him. We've gone out on a date. But it takes more than going out on a date to make it so you're actually dating someone. And as far as I'm concerned, we're not dating. I don't really want to date him. He's not my type." Though if he had been slightly more attractive Matt would have been his exact type. Rich, handsome, and rich.

Aries felt a bit confused at that but decided not to push it further, he simply nodded at what Lyam said and then he stood up moving back over to the kitchen he pulled out a small bowl and started mixing brown sugar, mustard and ketchup, possibly to put on the meatloaf. "What is a type exactly? And what would fit into that type?" He opened the oven and pulled out the meatloaf, he spread the mixture he had just made over the top of it before putting it back into the oven to cook a bit longer. He then started running the water in the sink and filled it with suds and water to wash the dirty dishes he had just made.

Last edited:
Lyam hopped down off the counter, taking his beer over to his bed as he sat down on it. "A type is what you find attractive in a partner. Such as the physical appearance, gender, the personality traits, the skills and compatibility." He gave a nod, "Everyone has a different type. It just means the kind of person you're attracted to. So there's not really a one size fits all kind of thing going on there. I can say I like tall rich guys, but there is another guy out there who likes old women."

Aries nodded listening to what Lyam had to say, "So your type is rich and tall? seems a little broad.. " he set a timer on the oven to go off in thirty minutes, "Have you ever been in love Ly?" he started scrubbing the dishes and putting them in the drying rack to dry.

Lyam laughed, "Well that's not all it takes to be my type. I also like them handsome. Dark hair, pretty eyes. A nice nose is always great. Proportionate, not too heavy, but a little extra doesn't mean it's a no for sure. Bonus points if he's rich though. I've never actually dated a rich guy, but I bet it's nice. Women say they like to buy things for their partner." He grabbed his own laptop, opening it and sifting through some programs before he opened his email. "I don't think I have? I mean I was getting pretty serious with one guy, but he cheated on me and left. So... I don't know. Maybe."

Aries was quiet for a moment seemingly deep in thought to the whole thing, "I'm sorry about that.. I must have been upsetting." Aries didn't seem know how to act or react to that information. He wasn't really programmed to understand all of this. He got up and started making some side dishes to go with the meatloaf. He was quiet as he worked and before long the kitchen timer dinged signaling that the dinner was ready. Aries got up and pulled it out of the oven, he cut it into slices and served a slice to Lyam, with a side of corn and mashed potatoes, "Dinner is served, Hope it's as good as you remember," he walked back to the kitchen and looked down at the rest of the meatloaf, "Should I save some for Benjamin when he returns? Or should I pack it all up and put it into the fridge?" There was a knock at the door and before Aries could go to open it Benny had opened the door and gave a small wave, "Hey. I'm back." he slumped back down in the chair in front of his laptop and opened it up to start working.

Lyam salivated over the food in front of him. Even before Aries had finished asking his question, Lyam was stuffing the food into his mouth, he didn't care that it was hot and burned, it was delicious. When Benny let himself in, Lyam gave the male a nod and announced that there was food around his mouthful. It came out very muffled as due to the large quantity of food squishing around in his mouth.

Holding his plate on his lap, Lyan gave a verbal groan, "It's so good. I love meatloaf." He finally spoke with a gasp after he'd swallowed the large bite. "Don't put it away yet. I don't know if any will be left by the time I'm done." He informed Aries with a grin as he shoveled more food into his mouth. "Are you hungry?" He asked between bites to Benjamin. "Want a plate?"

Benny snorted, "Even without you saying that I'm pretty sure I could get that you love meatloaf. I guess I'll have a plate, might as well before you've wolfed it all down." Before Aries could start serving him Benny had already gotten up and started helping himself to the dinner, "Go take a seat Aries, I'll have to hook you up and start working on your coding again." Aries frowned and nodded heading back to the seat, he took his plug and plugged into the side of Benny's laptop.

Benny sat down with his plate and took a bite of the meatloaf. He put the plate down and quickly logged into his laptop. He went to the progam and started working on the code again. "Any bugs during the day?" he turned to Aries who simply shook his head, "Nothing major to note." Benny rolled his eyes and asked again, "And non-major ones?" Aries looked down and nodded, "There is a delay when the processor starts having a heavy load to when the fan starts up." Benny opened a notepad and made a quick note of that "Anything else?" Aries shook his head, "No other issues." Benny took another bite of the meatloaf and turned to Lyam, "Anything to note in his performance?"

Lyam gave a bashful smile when Benny asked if there were any notes on his performance. "He made me meatloaf because he loves me." He said around another large mouthful of food. Honestly the meatloaf had made his night, It didn't matter how bad his day at work had been because he was in his happy place. As he finished his plate, he stood and headed to the kitchen to grab seconds before going to stand over Benny's shoulder. "What's all that mean?"

He snorted, but didn't say anything on that. Benny looked up at Lyam who was peering over his shoulder. He gestured at the top, "Well this section is to check the processor temperature as well as indicate how much of a load it is taking in so that the fan knows when to start up and at what speed." he scrolled down a little bit, "This code here establishes that the fan should run faster in terms of emotional duress to best simulate the human experience." the code had some familiar words to Lyam but not in any order that would make any sense to him. Benny continued, "I must have affected the fan start up code when I was messing with the emotional section of the fan." He pursed his lips and turned to Aries, "Speaking of which, when you fan was delayed was it due to an emotional response or general system load?" Aries frowned, "The first one." Benny nodded, "Ah. That would be why." he focused on the code again, changing a few numbers and symbols. He saved the file, "That should fix that.." he switched to a different tab which looked even more confusing. Benny took a couple more bites of the meatloaf and then read through the code some.

Lyam stood over Benny's shoulder as he asked Aries questions. None of what he was reading made any sense at all. It looked like a bunch of gibberish. He continued to stuff his face for a moment, "Is there anything I can do to help to make this faster?" He asked, as a small chunk of meatloaf slipped from his plate and rolled down Benny's back. The male wen wide eyed and gaped at Aries guiltily. He cringed but didn't say anything, the guy would never notice it, right?

Aries rolled his eyes and sighed, "He just dropped food on you Benjamin." Benny rubbed his temples. "Y'know what makes me work the fastest is probably someone not breathing on me and dropping food on me." he brushed his back knocking the piece of meatloaf on the floor, "You want to go sit somewhere else and not pester me? That would help a ton." Benny scooted his chair away from Lyam and went back to coding, he highlighted a chunk of code and copied it onto a notepad, he deleted the code in the main file and started typing it out differently.

Lyam frowned at the both of them, "You know what. I was trying to help you. And don't tell on my like that! I thought we were friends. It was an accident." He finished off the food on his plate and stuck it in the sink before he returned to his bed and moved up to the head, curling up against the corner as he dragged his own laptop over. He began scrolling through, turning his head away from the both of them.

They wanted to have him out of the way, he'd be out of the way. He'd just play something online or something like that. And that was exactly what he did. He dozed off a few times, his head resting against the wall for a few minutes before he woke up and continued surfing the internet. There was news of rallies everywhere. Some for the rights of the robots, some against the robots all together. Nothing about them releasing the shut down yet though.

Aries opened his mouth to speak but Lyam had already gone and slumped in bed turning away from him. Aries glared at Benny and stood up to go comfort Lyam. Just as he did Benny put his hand up, "Sit down. If you unplug now you'll just break yourself." Aries sat down, the chair creaking as he sat down with quite a bit of force. "You're very rude." Benny snorted but didn't say anything in response to the robot as he continued to code.

The news stated that the was increasing pressure from Hemito to release the shut down. They noted that they would release it so that it would affect any robot connected to the internet and they would also release an EMP pulse in high metropolitan areas to shut down any remaining robots affected by the virus. Robots unaffected by the virus will receive an update after the shutdown is launched via the internet to prevent shutdown from the EMP pulse. Benny was still typing away at his laptop listening to his music, and Aries sat tapping his fingers on the desk, seemingly impatiently.

Lyam sat on the bed staring at the article. That couldn't be what they were doing though. That didn't make any sense, an EMP would fry any electronic device in range regardless of if it were a robot or not. If they were sending out one strong enough to make it through the city it wasn't only going to effect the robots. EMPs didn't work that way. Even he knew that much. Even if they sent out an update to make the unaffected robots more resilient, that wasn't going to save their computers, cellphones, tvs or traffic lights. "What the hell are they thinking?"

Aries turned to face him a bit confused, "What's wrong?" Benny was still listening to music as he typed on the laptop and didn't hear Lyam's exclamation. Lyam looked at another article which had clarified that they would use small range EMP bombs if the shutdown did not stop the riots and only in the affected areas where large amounts of the affected robots would protest and fight. They said the bomb should only disable the robots but if they are shut off and on again they will be restored but it should be long for law enforcements to take the offending robots away.

Lyam rolled his eyes at the articles. He closed them down and decided to go watch videos on youtube, because what the hell ever. Let them do what they would, and when everyone's electronics were fried they really would have to go bankrupt with all the lawsuits they were going to face. "Nothing. Just people being stupid. Nothing surprising. " He shrugged and pushed play on a video, getting lost in the cuteness of kittens being adorable. Awh, he wanted a kitten. He should look into adopting one, one day.

They all sat in semi silence for an hour before Benny popped his earbuds out and broke the silence, " Oh right, I called my dad and we can get you fitted for a suit tomorrow. Sound good?" he didn't pull his attention from his computer and continued to work. "My sister also insisted on meeting you before the wedding, so she'll be tagging along." he shrugged at that last point, "So just don't be an ass to her and I'm sure you'll get along great."

Lyam looked up from his computer screen and raised his eyebrows, "I have work tomorrow, dude. I don't have another day off for like three days. Speaking of, I need to know the exact day of the wedding so I can make sure I'm off work." He tacked on as an after thought as he resumed staring at his computer screen. After a moment he set the laptop off to the side and stood walking back to the fridge for yet another plate of meatloaf and a beer. He took his food and returned to his seat crossing his legs once again.

He rolled his eyes, "I didn't even say a time dude. But we can go anytime this week. And It's the second last saturday of the month." he focused on his typing, "I'm not going anywhere tomorrow so I can focus on the robot. Maybe get some decent headway into this code." he sighed highlighting a section of code and adding markers to keep track of it. He saved what he did and shut down his laptop. He unplugged Aries and stretched. "For now I'm headed home." he slid his laptop back into his bag. "I'll be around noon tomorrow."

Lyam gave a nod as the male began to clean up his stuff, "Alright. I'll be gone by then." He stated as he closed his own laptop and stretched out on the bed with a groan. "I'll see you tomorrow after work if you're still here when I get home." Rolling over, the male set his beer on top of the dresser and looked around for the tv remote.

The next few days fell into a routine, Benny would work on Aries then leave; he would occasionally spend the night but he usually way out by 11 to head home before the buses stopped their rounds. The three of them had gotten accustomed to the routine and pattern. Benny had planned the suit fitting for one of Lyam's days off it would give them more time to get a proper fitted suit.

Benny's sister offered to drive them to the tailor so they sat at Lyam's place waiting for her to arrive, Benny worked on Aries in the meantime, "Are you bringing Aries to the fitting or is he staying here?" Aries pursed his lips, the last couple days the bot had been pretty quiet and reserved. It almost seemed like he was reverting to the days before the virus, where he did not express any feelings. Aries gave a look around the apartment, being stuck in a chair meant he wasn't able to clean as often as he would like and the place was starting to become a bit of a mess again, especially with two bachelors lazing around. Aries decided to speak up, "I would very much like to stay, I haven't been able to clean much this past week. This place is becoming a pigsty."

Lyam spent the next few days bored out of his mind. When he got home from work, Benny would be working on Aries and Lyam would try not to get in his way other than sometimes offering to be helpful to no avail.

When the day came for the fitting, Lyam was nervous but excited. This was going to be the best thing clothing wise he'd ever owned and probably would ever own in his life. He hoped he was allowed to keep it after the wedding. He was going to totally keep it if he could. When Aries requested to stay Lyam gave a nod, "Well you heard the man. He wants to stay and clean. Not sure how much fun it'd be for him anyways."

Rubbing his hands together, the male continued to look out the window to the street below. The more time that passed, the more giddy he got; he did try to keep his cool. "So, am I going to get to keep it after the wedding? Or do I have to give it back?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back