Hiatus from the Site

Erica

Shiny Browncoat
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I will be taking an indefinite hiatus from the site and all roleplaying.

I have been wrestling with the amount of time the site and roleplay in general is taking away from my family and work. That balancing act has been introducing stress and making things generally not fun for me. I'm quite literally not in a healthy space with it and ultimately decided I need to take a break.

This is completely a personal decision and in no way a reflection on the site or staff. When I found RpN almost two years ago, I was impressed with the site, its users, and the quality of roleplay here. (I still am.) It felt like a roleplay oasis. (It still does.) RpN has amazing writers, players, and people that have come to feel like family to me. The site staff is comprised of amazing people who devote countless hours to ensuring the site runs smoothly. It always has, and it always will. There’s something special about those who give up their personal time to ensure other people have a place to find quality roleplay and have fun, and it has been an honor to serve along with the staff to help the site.

I will miss you all and the warm, welcoming community that is RpNation.

I do not know how long my hiatus will be. At this point, I do not have a definitive plan to return. For those I am currently writing with, I sincerely regret the impact to you and our stories. I hope you will forgive me. To everyone who I talk with regularly in the SB/Chat and throughout the site, know I will think of you often and hope you will continue to enjoy yourselves.

Farewell for now.

RpN’s Shiny Browncoat, Erica

Attempting to tag those who I have come to know here. Forgive me if I have forgotten anyone: @Mr. Grin @Dear Inspector @Dusky @Jaysun @Harpyie @AkuNoOkami @Haley @King Of Imagination @The Fuzz @Ire

Family is extremely important and I hope all of it can come to a neat conclusion. I was happy for the time I worked with you in the high and lows. Good luck in your future endeavors. ^^

Aw Erica, I'll be sad to see you go D:

Take care of yourself, alright? Hope to see you swing by again sometime!

I really hope your health improves and your stress decreases. You will be missed but I hope your time away goes well and you get the rest you need.

Life comes first,Erica. And remember; We'll always be here for when you come back.

Or,at least,I will be. I can only speak for myself.

Aw, Erica, that's sad news, but it's also good to hear that you'll be spending more time with your family in the coming future. We'll try not to burn the house down while you're gone.

Erica (TAT)

We never got a chance to roleplay together but I understand. Hope you will have sometime to return to us.

Thanks for the time you shared. (:3)

We will sincerely miss you, @Erica. For the short time I have role-played with you, I can honestly say that it was one of the best writing experiences of my life. You made me consider the social and political impacts on lives of every-day people, as well as influenced me to spend more time "getting to know" a character more than I ever have before. I completely understand that family and work come first, and I congratulate you on making a decision that will benefit you in the long run. I know for a fact that you will go far in life, and if you ever do decide to come back to this site, know that I will always be looking forward to writing with you again.

@Erica,

Take your absolute time in your life and do whatever needs to be done - real life always comes before online social services and the like. I will miss you, but I know you're doing what is best for you and that makes me happy :) Do be safe, have fun, and don't stress yourself out too much! Lots of Love!!

I'm sad to see you go, but like the many others in this thread I understand real life comes first and you shouldn't feel guilty or leave with a heavy heart making this decision. I can only hope you come back, but I understand that life has a way of not making that happen, so I just hope you remember our time together with fondness like I will be sure to.

I still expect to meet you in person sometime in the future, Ruka ;D

Sad to see you go Erica! I wish I could've roleplayed with you for at least a little while when Project Atlas was taking off. I wish you the best of luck with your life! Hope everything pans out!

Aw man. During the short time we spent together I really enjoyed getting to know you. You're a wonderful person and I always admired your work around the site - good luck and I hope to see you back soon! :) <3

Erica, such sad news.

I really enjoyed every post I've read of yours, ooc tutorialesque, advisory or otherwise. I'll always remember you so that when you do come back, my same admiration of you will remain.

I very much admire the maturity you show in examining yourself and making sound judgment.

Thank you for all you've done with and for us!

Looking forward to your (maybe) eventual return! :)

Alright Erica, you will be missed as stated by the many, many comments here before me. Obviously, you must've done something very right if so many people are sad to see you go :,)

I hope your situation will get better in time, and that you'll be able to return to us and do more roleplaying wonders in the future. See you!

Sad to see you go, though I completely respect the decision. It can seem like such a small thing, but it really does take some admirable fortitude.

Best of luck out there. We'll miss you.

I cannot express my complete admiration for you, whether it comes to your character or your capabilities as a writer or the mere kindness and compassion you have showed me throughout these two years. It's been an honest to God sweet ride with you Erica, and as sad as it is to let you go, I'll sit back and eat some ice cream, watching some sad chick flick to fill the less-snug, less-awesome, less-ERICA void in my heart. TT-TT

All sappy stuff aside, I'll miss you Eri, and if/whenever you decide to come by, do know this lassy will always be there to welcome you {and possibly report that the site has crashed and burned without you [emoji14]}.

-sneaks in a golden chocolate piece in le Erica's pocket,-

~iEmpress, on tapatalk

I never said it before, but seeing your shiny avatar always cheered me up. Keep flying and hope to see you again someday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back