• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Hey, I'm Hanna!

HannaTheHippy

~ ハンナ ~
Hello! ^.^ 

To cut it short and skip out on unnecessaries, I've been wanting to host/be apart of a dice RP for a long time. 
Though, I'm not sure how to do all the scoring and character profiles, as well as roll the dice in general. If someone is willing, could you please teach me? I do understand nearly every dice roleplay has their own individual way of doing things, so I ask the basics. 

Thanks!

Hello, I have lots of experience with dice rolling rp. 

Im not entirely sure of what you wish to know so I will explain a few basic things.

Dice system/How to use it

Anyway, first off is to know your system, dnd 5e for example are using a D20 system, this is used to determine if your character succeeds in something, there are also so called modifiers which determines how good your character are in different skills, any modifier is applied directly to your dice roll either lower the total or increases it. For example: Thor wants to pick a lock, the lock has a Difficulty of 16: Thor rolls 14 but has +3 in picking locks so it becomes a total of 17 and succeeds in the attempt.

There are also normally a Critical fail (rolling a 1 on the dice) and a Critcal Success (rolling a 20 on the dice). A critical fail or Critical success disregard the modifiers completely and is an automatic fail or success regardless of how good or bad your character is in that perticulary skill.

For Example: Doris is super strong and can lift easy 100 kilo without a sweat, she needs to move a small furniture of 10 kilo. She makes a roll against the difficulty of 8 and has a modifier of +10 so she basically can't fail. She rolls a (1) on the die and the result is a critical fail which could be explained by her underestimate the weight of the furniture and lift it with such force she hits herself with the furniture and is knocked out cold.

The result of a skill attempt is always explained by the GM.

Character Sheet

The characters ina dice rp is not too much different of that of any other rp, the important parts is the background, personality and goals. The difference comes in that in dice rp you have stats that enhance the image of your character. Often you get to distribute your stats in some way making it your choice if your character have great strength or is super intelligent. All the stats have importance in the modifiers they give for certain skills as explained earlier. In the character sheet you also normally have things such as language, height, weight, sex, race. 

The Relationship of GM and players

The GM can be explained as the narrator of the story, he/she explains what world you are in and the different people that inhabit this world. The players can be described as the main characters in this story, the players make choices that lets the story progress in certain directions. It is important to understand that the GM and the Players does not play against each other, this is often how players can see it because the gm put up obstacles and enemies that might seem to crush any chance of progressing the story but often is there to make the story more exciting or to push the players to the right direction.

I hope any of this helps, be free to ask any questions. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back