• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Hetalia ~ The Eagle and the Swan

((It's fine. I was actually going to say the same thing. xD Have fun! :3 May the pasta be with you~))

After deciding that whatever Denmark had in mind would only progress to actual sleep, Germany slowly sat on the edge of the bed. He glanced over at the female and nodded. "Okay, if you want," the blonde agreed, kicking off his somewhat muddy boots and pulling off his jacket to reveal a white t-shirt. He neatly folded the green coat and placed it on a nearby chair before rolling over next to Denmark.

"I'll keep you safe," he told her, guessing that the horrors of war had left the seeds of nightmares in her mind, too.

((I had the best time of my life. :')))

Denmark let out a soft, 'hmm,' of appreciation as she looked over at Germany. His thoughts were correct; in her drunken state she was more afraid of things than usually. Perhaps it was how her senses perceived things differently, how her thoughts lagged behind.

"I am glad," she murmured, wriggling herself closer to him. She latched herself onto the blonde, fingers finding themselves twisted into his shirt and pressing her face into his chest. Breathing in slowly, Denmark relished his woody smell.

"You smell like Germany," she murmured into him.

((Nice! :3 For the past two weeks, I've just been trying to avoid being pushed into the sprinkler by a bunch of 4th graders... TwT Also, I apologize for the lateness.))

"I hope that's not a bad thing." the blonde said, snaking his arms around Denmark and burying his face in her hair. She smelled faintly of sweet strawberries and... well, Denmark. It was a pleasant smell, and the German found himself pulling the woman closer. While doing so, he ended up shifting his legs and the bed creaked ever-so-slightly.

"Are you comfortable?" Germany asked, worried that Denmark might end up sleeping poorly because of him.

Denmark reveled in being cocooned inside his warmth. "It is a very good thing," she mumbled into his chest, inhaling deeply. It was calming to her, and although it might represent the country oppressing her, her brain did not make that connection. This smell hadn't been present when he had conquered her, as he had not been so close, nor so tender.

"Of course," she said, looking up at his sharply defined features. The Dane pecked the underside of his chin, the closest place she could reach from her place. She let her lips hover there for a second. "Do you ever... wonder what happens to the countries that disappear?" she asked quietly, feeling a little more sober.

The German smiled and stroked Denmark's soft hair before answering.

"Ja..." he said, furrowing his eyebrows. His thoughts often crossed into that realm, due to Prussia, and although he didn't have any sort of explanation.

"I think it depends upon how the people of the former country see it, but I'm not entirely sure. Do they just gradually fade from everyone's memories? Do they just go 'poof' and vanish?" Germany thought aloud, making a little gesture. He glanced down at Denmark again, realizing that she might've been talking about herself. "But, as long as at least one person remembers that country, they will never disappear." He added, leaving down again to kiss the Dane's forehead.

Denmark smiled lightly, closing her eyes as his lips touched her forehead. She was still tipsy, the world around her seemingly warm and comfortable - basically, Germany. "I always wonder what happened to Rome," she admitted quietly, voice slurring a little. Shrugging inside their embrace, she tossed the thought aside and snuggled back into him. A couple of moments later, she fell into an easy sleep in his arms.

At the mention of Rome, Germany twitched. Italy's 'Grandpa Rome', was it? The carefree country certainly hasn't forgotten about the old one, yet he had still vanished...

The forces of sleep drove every thought out of the blonde's mind, though, and he could only cling to Denmark as his eyes closed.

~~>>~~<<~~

The first thing that popped into the German's aching head was that someone was sleeping next to him, and that it definitely wasn't Italy. He looked down, and upon seeing the female country, remembered the night before. Germany paused to see if she was awake.

"Hey," he whispered almost inaudibly.

((I'm going to Japan tomorrow and staying for two weeks, so I might not reply until I get back. If there's WiFi, I definitely will, though. Just a heads up.))

((THAT'S SO COOL! Have lots of fun :D

Hey - hey - what if Italy is cuddled in on Germany's other side and hasn't woken up? >D))

Denmark awoke gently, feeling as if she was floating on a fluffy, warm and comfortable cloud. However, the illusion did not last long. However much of an alcohol tolerance she might have developed over hundreds of years, it did not prevent the effects of a hangover. "Ow," she moaned. And then she realised just who she was entangled with. In a bed. Pressed up against his body.

"Tyskland?" she murmured, tired eyes widening as she looked up at him. Her body stiffened, and she shifted back ever so slightly. Had she...? Had they...? No, she was still properly clothed. The Dane tended to be a happy drunk; perhaps she'd demanded snuggles. Copenhagen had teased her about it before. Her heart twinged at the thought of her capitol.

But the situation at hand was altogether more important. Germany seemed to be quite happy to have her here, beside him. Although she didn't want to believe she had Stockholm Syndrome, she'd always found him quite attractive, and...

Maybe she liked him, as he seemed to like her now?

((Thanks! :3 I'm in a Starbucks and there's WiFi owo))

"Uh... good morning." Germany said, noticing that Denmark was indeed awake. He also noticed that she looked both skeptical and uncomfortable at their closeness, so he gave the female a little space. "I'll go open the curtains so it's not so dark." the blonde suggested, rolling over to get up on the other side of the bed. In doing so, his hand hit something hard-- something that was most definitely not a pillow. "What the..." the German muttered, looking to the side. There lay Italy, who was now stirring because Germany had just smacked his face.

"I don't want to die..." the oddly-placed country whined, shifting to face away. For a moment, Germany was speechless.

"What is your problem, Italy?!?" He shouted, pushing the cowardly man off the bed. Then, remembering that Denmark was probably still sleepy, had a hangover, and was right next to him, he shut his mouth and frowned. "Sorry."

((Ahh you having fun? :D Take pictures of any Hetalia stuff to show me lol))

Denmark felt slightly relieved when Germany gave her a little space. This was a slightly strange position to be in. Had her feelings last night been completely guided by alcohol? She didn't think so. But had his?

Thoughts swirling about her head, she shifted slightly more toward 'her,' side of the bed. Then, quite suddenly - there was a moan from the other side of the bed. What?? Having been given a fright, she sat up bolt upright and stared at the other side of the bed.

Hold on...

"Italy?" she muttered incredulously, not even registering Germany's apology - just the strangeness of the situation. "How- Why are you in here?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back