• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Hero's Betrayal - Characters

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Basic
Name:
Harken Von Neidenhald
Nickname(s):
Hero Alias:
Once known as The Good Doctor
Villain Alias*:
Doctor Cipherous

Sexuality:
Is Non-Sexual in his entirety.

Why Your Character Chose to Become a Villain:
"Why have I turned my back on the light? Has the light ever illuminated my husk of a form? I have given my life for the pursuit of science... for duty and humanity. But, what I saw shows humanity is insufferable. The majority swash around ignorant to the corruption around them. The true tune of the world is that of influence and money. Science and progress fall to the backburner as the cogs of society tick ever onward. Good... evil it matters not. Actions dictate actions and science requires experimentation to move forward.

Physiological/Psychological
Appearance:
abandon_v3_for_hans_volter_18787_0.jpg

Height:
6'5"
Weight:
Variable-360+Lbs
Costume*:
dr__cipherous___arcane_steampunk_plague_doctor_by_twohornsunited_d8xmv4x-pre.jpg

(For both being a hero and for being a villain)
Body Modifications/Implants*:
Following the chemical attacks Harken had fallen to near death. With several organs failing and his eyes being essentially useless he fell into a near death coma.

Using his own power he began to convert his dying organs into something significantly worse. While outwardly human his internal organs are more Benign Cancerous growths than anything else, their functions maintained by Harken himself as well as a few external components.

While the external components are not life or death if removed, they will cause incredible pain and will slow him heavily.
Reinforced Skeletal System-
Due to the weight added and the initial ossification of his bones he has had to replace both Knee joints with mechanical implants.

Damaged Endocrine system:
While able to survive without his respirator he will begin to fall apart over prolonged periods of times. Unable to create the needed hormones naturally his respirator feeds a medicine into his system while allowing him to breath unhindered.

Sternal Plating:
Having been operated on directly after the attack Harkens Sternum was plated to reduce infection. His chest cavity is reinforced but it adds weight to his already heavy frame.

Corneal Implants:
Having entirely lost his vision following the chemical attack Harken has regained his sight through implementation. However, due to the irrepairable damage done to his optical nerve Harken was only able to see in black and white. A external implant running along his face and into his eyes allows for perception of the color spectrum.

Personality:
To say patience is one of Harkens strong suits is an understatement. Unnaturally cold and somewhat unfeeling Harken in a far shot from the man he once was both in mind and body. Following the chemical attacks that left him disabled and scarred he developed a loathing of authority and military presence. Blaming them for all that occurred to him and his patients he has begun to blur the lines between military and government affiliation. Despite his frail appearance, Harken isn't one to stand aside as incidents unfold infront of him. With his body modified internally to suit his needs he has developed a sense of strength.

Using this 'weakness' to his advantage Harken is one who will use every opening allotted to him by whomever he is after. A very devious and calculated man. One who only fully reveals himself once he is sure he has found what he seeks. Due to his power compilations, Harken has begun to withdraw from the streets. Using those infected to carry out his surveliance, Harken has found himself beginning to enter a reclusive phase of his less than whole mindset. \

Outside of his lust for revenge lies a man scarred and with mild Multiple Personality Disorder that is triggered through a specific level of violence surrounding children. When not focused or obsessed Harken has shown to be a rather well mannered and matter of fact type of individual. He is always concise and to the point... though at times he seems to lag behind some of the others due to the nature of his body both physically and at times mentally.
(Outside a topic of his knowledge. Kinda like a Alzheimers patient being given an instrument and them playing it but being unable to come to terms with other things.)

Backstory:
"How old are you Doctor Neidenwald... is that correct in its pronunciation." A voice asked. Neidenhald coughed, the noise of a respirator filling the room. "Wrong, it is Neidenhald" He responds immediately. The individual typing tense up for a moment. "Right... My apologies." The operator begins to say. "Of course it is. You are the one asking questions are you not." Neidenhald responds in kind. "What is it that you want." Neidenhald speaks before the operator can continue. "We need-" The operator began to say before Neidenhald began to laugh. The mechanical laughing only made worse by the confined room. "Everyone always wants answers? Why wont my car start? Why wont my computer turn on... why is my child suffering from chemical warfare when it was banned." Neidenhald spoke his voice turning steely.​

"You were in the middle east?." The operator asked after a few moments. Neidenhald stares for a few moments as if pondering over something. Leaning forward Neidenhald took a deep breath. "Doctors without borders. Duty and humanity. It drove me once and it still does. The reality of it is that we-" Neidenhald realized he was about to begin on a rant. "Doctors without borders. You all went into hell to-" The operator was cut off "Make it a better place? That was what we were told." Neidenhald responded. "You all did quite alo-" Neidenhald held his hand up. "No we didn't. Each time we place a brick towards the foundation of something larger it was bull dozed by something... normally a indifferent military attack." His voice didn't shake or wane. "What happened?" The operator finally asked.

"Thats the big question isn't it. They all ask... Doctor what happened to you. Its simple... I realized that we as people are nothing. Each day we strive to make the word a better place. To rise up and conquer the dark. I believe in a code of ethics... a code of doing. To make each day count towards a better tomorrow. Atleast, I did." Neidenhald scoffs. "What changed?" The operator continued. Standing up Neidenhald stretched. "The war changed. Those pulling the strings changed and everything that seems normal in the world is tossed into the wind. Where once we doctors were men and women of duty, to repair those that could not themselves. To go out into the dark and bring light wherever it is needed. To treat and care..." Neidenhald exhaled. Gripping his chair the wood strained audibly.

Taking a seat Neidenwald sat up straight.
"The answer is simple... and you will never forget it."

Gripping the side of his mask Neidenhald pulls, an audible hiss filling the room. Moving the mask out of the way Neidenhald stared at the operator with his cold dead eyes.

"Between monsters and men lie a grey zone. Watching my hospital fall prey to a chemical weapons attack was a day I can never shake. It destroyed me as... you see first hand."

The operator seemed frozen.
"You seem startled Eisen! Like you've see a ghost. But... you dont believe in ghost stories do you Eisen." Neidenhald spoke.

Hurried footsteps can be heard as the noise of movement fills the audio. The noise of slow dripping begins. The audible rasping of a respirator can be heard before laughing. "Now... you take that to where it needs to go. Its been some time... I hope you still have your .....Bravado..."

Alignment:
Neutral Evil (Leaning towards Lawful.)
Superpowers/Abilities
Powers:
Disease Manipulation
The user can create, manipulate, shape, transform, cause/heal, etc. all forms of diseases, including their severity, contagiousness, methods of spreading, etc. They can control the organisms that spread diseases, including germs, bacteria, virus or other pathogen on a cellular level, including bacteriophages, microorganisms (microscopic organisms), retroviruses, cells that abnormally grow to make cancerous tumors and cysts, and pathogens that produce genetic mutations​

Applications:
Curing
Disease Acceleration - Alter speed at which pathogens reproduce.
Disease Detection
Disease Generation - Create a new disease, such as by mixing many illnesses together.
Disease Inducement
Disease Solidification
Disease Suppression
Disease Transferal
Infection
Infectious Attacks
Nosokinetic Constructs
Alter means by which pathogens are transferred (communicable, noncommunicable, contagious, airborne, waterborne, blood-borne, sexually-transmitted, genetic, etc)
Stop the incubation of pathogens.
Kill existing pathogens (including the worst, such as cancer, HIV/AIDS, etc).
Induce, prevent and withstand the contraction of illness.​

Limitations:
Users may become carriers to their own fatal illnesses, spreading it unwillingly through the community.
Healing can remove diseases.
Users of Contaminant Immunity and Disease Immunity are either immune or highly resistant.
Regenerative Healing Factor defeats this by simply recovering.

Mastery of Power:
He has sacrificed his physical body to become closer to himself.

Skills:​

Medical Training:
Trained Medical Technician
Trained Toxicologist
Biological Mechanical Engineer​

Technical Training:
Electrical knowledge -Can lay electrical wiring very well.

Others:
Is like a walking calculator
Great a telling time.
Chess
Administrative tasks
Cleaning (OCD)
Organization
Overwatch/Observation

Mastery of Skills:
While a master at his medical skills he is always improving on his others. As they stand they are average to above average.

Gadgets/Equipment*
Equipment:
Outfit
Three syringes and a ball containing pure water.

Through Nosokinetic constructs he can form an item out of biological material.

Personal Belongings:
His only real possession of any worth to him is his personal lab.

Extra

This theme below fits why he is a villain.

I am not going to allow Nosokinesis to constuct items from biologic material. That is a straight up no-go. As well as, Nosokinese in of itself doesn't seem to have enough draw backs. The biggest one is 'they can infect themselves' however due to your characters background it doesn't seem as though they'll be particularly susceptible, and the rest are more so focused on the opponent's ability to combat the power then actual draw backs to the power itself. The only thing that is a true draw back is the accidental infecting other people, but that has the problem of being more classified as 'friendly fire' then a drawback to your character, as nothing in their personality would seem to care if they ended up knocking down an ally in the process.
Please come up with more draw backs to the power or specify how the drawbacks listed are going to be problems for your character.

Entity.Eclypse

Project: Ouroboros

"I Fail to See Where Any Of This Is My Issue."
  • Name (Family, Given):
    Serafina Kuzmina
    Nickname(s):
    Sera
    Hero Alias:
    Xiuhcoatl
    Villain Alias:
    Wendigo
    Sexuality:
    Homosexual?
    "I'm legal drinking age in my home country."
    "All my life i've been taught to abandon. They instilled the idea of heroics in my head before dissipating to the back burner, maybe I should abandon those who cry for my aid. Maybe I should be the reason they feel abandoned for once."

To be finished. I got a majority of it done. I just need to finish equipment and powers.
Basic
Name:
Naomi Kriener
Alias:
Discord
Sexuality:
Bi-Sexual
"Why? Uhm... thats rough. After all this I regret doing it. Why? Because now everyone knows my favorite outfit. Like, I cant wear it to a concert I cant wear it-"

"You didn't answer the-"

"Fuck you that's why."
Physiological/Psychological
Appearance:
df6b940110bc35daf689991f456cf409.jpg

153f5f9f3ab33f54611511888225.jpg

Height:5'10"
Weight:135
Costume*: (For both being a hero and for being a villain)
Personality:
Naomi can be summed up in a single sentence. "Oh dear god what have I done. Oh wait... I did this."

Quirky a little crazy and definitely unhinged Naomi is the type of girl that boys would call feisty. Though outside of her facade she is a very ruthless unforgiving yet compassionate and empathetic individual. She acts on needs and isn't afraid to step on people to achieve her goals. To her only family and friends are above destruction and manipulation. Though connected to her families dynasty she never let it define her. She still rebelled and even had a very small hero streak in which she saved a kid from getting hit from a bus only to get annoyed when he turned her down on a date because of her 'Acme.' Outside of the hero streak she acts entirely for her own needs and is rather... chaotic. With her powers still far from mastered she has on occasion destroyed far more than her family ever intended.

Backstory:
"Who am I? Well thats kinda... I dont need to answer that. What you want to know.. well fine. Im Discord and my family's very... different? I grew up among villainous parents and they made sure they gave me the world. I mean, like they tried."

Born to two villainous parents Naomi from the day she was born was destined to inherit what her family has built and passed on for generations. This alone is a rather telling tale of the type of character Naomi is. Raised into the culture of what she viewed as 'The Business' she was quick to pick up on the smooth talking. Though heir to a large dynasty her parents had her attend a public school under an assumed name. Though it was apparent at a young age that Naomi was blind. Though this didn't seem to overly hinder the girl after awhile. With her power and blindness came an increase to her other senses. Learning to use her sound manipulation and hearing Naomi began to use a sort of sonar. Having noticed this her parents both nurtured this ability and at times forced her to develop it further.

After middle school her family began to introduce her to the actual dynasty she was was to be apart of. Her first outing was something of a massacre. The whole plan was thrown into the air when a trap was sprung. Her family and father in particular annihilated the hero that tried to stop them. After some time it became apparent that not even the police were coming. It was that day that Naomi learned that violence was a reasonable tool for getting what one wanted. As she continued to grow older the coverage on the supergirl began to grow. After some time she was as known as the rest of her family and perhaps even more so due to her unique style.

While some only take up their villainous 'capes' during the night or every so often Naomi uses it like the rest of her family as a primary job. The girl has literally made being a villain into a profitable enterprise. Like the Kardashians the whole family seemed to be involved in a variety of enterprises. But, the difference was that the kardashians didn't brutally annihilate their dissidents. Launching her own clothes line as well as record label she has put Discord into the main stream. The only thing she seems to be lacking at this point is a youtube.

Alignment:
Chaotic Neutral (Leaning Chaotic/Neutral Evil)

Superpowers/Abilities
Powers: Vibration/Sound Manipulation

Applications:
Concussive Force (Mastered the technique but size is still dependent on her overall skill.)
Earthquake Generation (Not Mastered At All.)
Ergokinetic Combat (Uses her Guitar, Still learning.)
Intangibility by vibrating their molecules. (Comes out of fear or holding her breath.)
Molecular Acceleration (Only useable through touch)
Molecular Deceleration (Only useable through touch.)
Molecular Oscillation (Skilled but also chaotic and random.)
Sound Detection (Mastered, she uses this as a form of sonar.)
Thermal Manipulation (Has not yet attempted.)
Vibration Absorption (Mastered, she can sense out vibrations through her body.)
Vibration Attacks (Both ranged and touch. Touch is far more powerful than ranged.)
Vibration Emission (Semi-Known. It is a powerful ability she is still learning the basics of.)
Vibration Negation (Mastered but her own vibrations can disrupt her sight.)
Vibration Solidification (Seldom attempted. Happens randomly and not when anticipated.)
Vibro-Telekinesis:
Matter Surfing using vibrations. (Is okay but far from good.)
Vibrokinetic Flight (Not attempted.)

Limitations:
Currently limited to vibrations and sounds she can make herself.
Vibrations and sound made from her with unmastered abilities can possibly disrupt her sight.
Currently directional
Distance, mass, precision, etc. depend upon of the knowledge, skill, and strength of the user.
Sound requires a medium to travel through, such as air, ground or water, though it can be virtually anything.
Like earthquakes her powers are chaotic powerful and random. While she has 'control' it is but a forlorn attempt of containment.

Mastery of Power:
Still learning heavily. She is prone to outbursts of her power when just tapping.
Some applications will succeed far beyond expectations and into the dangerous zone and some wont work at all. Its chaotic but always strong.

Skills:
Business Savy
Her phone book is a skill in and of itself.
Keeping quiet.
Multi-tasking
Drawing
Musical-She can play
The Piano, Guitar, Bass Guitar, Violin, Banjo and Fiddle.
Charismatic (Shes very good at getting what she wants.)
Parkour

Mastery of Skills:
Shes young and far from perfect. Shes only master with her instruments.

Gadgets/Equipment*
Equipment:
Several Modified guitars.
5853295344_ba2a14f6c4.jpg

Guitar_sword2_by_Vilezull.jpg

Personal Belongings:
To many to list. She has a credit card with essentially no spending limits. So whatever she wants within rp's boundaries and such.

Extra
Relationships*:
Emma Kreiner: Mother and third in command of the Dynasty
Ezekiel Kreiner: Father and second in command of the Dynasty. His reputation proceeds him. Within the last 20 years he has made a name for himself in the villainous world as well as bringing the family into tabloids.

Anastasia Kreiner: The Matriarch of the family. Anastasia's superpower was adaptation. Though this granted her long life the once giant Matriarch has begun to fall more and more ill. While still as sharp and keen as ever she has realized that her time is approaching after nearly 215 years of life. She has chosen Naomi to take up the head of the organization and family following her death. Her expected net worth alone is mind boggling. The woman has a dower and net worth that would make the queen of England look like a caddyshack owner.

Ferdinand Kreiner: Baron and massive land owner in the Prussian States in the once separated Germanic states. Having extended his life through his power of light absorption the legendary vilain established his family as a dominant player. In doing so he earned the nickname Steinmauer. While having passed he lived nearly three centuries before dying from old age.

Shes blind!​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back