• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Heroes, Villains, and the space in between...

She wouldve died if he had done nothing.

That is the fun of law - yes, the act in itself was made with good intent, and the outcome was undesired - but the fact remains that your actions have caused the death of a group of elderly people. While they mean little to you - they had families, and grandchildren and spouses and lives - your actions, whether intended or not - ended that. If I could save one person's life every day, but there was a one in 100 chance that a random other person would die in my doing so - I might only use my power in extraordinary instances, and take any chance at trying to remove that bad aspect. A good act is only measured as good, after the fact. Intention and Consquince walk hand in hand.

That is the fun of law - yes, the act in itself was made with good intent, and the outcome was undesired - but the fact remains that your actions have caused the death of a group of elderly people. While they mean little to you - they had families, and grandchildren and spouses and lives - your actions, whether intended or not - ended that. If I could save one person's life every day, but there was a one in 100 chance that a random other person would die in my doing so - I might only use my power in extraordinary instances, and take any chance at trying to remove that bad aspect. A good act is only measured as good, after the fact. Intention and Consquince walk hand in hand.
Hmm so based off his response I feel like Einua will be in the run from the law now and the Mafia will save him, which means he'll owe them for awhile NyxDarling NyxDarling

Sounds like fun to me.

A L M O S A L M O S
Can I use an alien? She won't be a super powerful being. Perhaps slightly above normal human level. Her biggest advantage will be Technology and followers.
She is technically a Hero, but she operates outside of the Organization, under the direction of another branch of the government?

Sounds like fun to me.

A L M O S A L M O S
Can I use an alien? She won't be a super powerful being. Perhaps slightly above normal human level. Her biggest advantage will be Technology and followers.
She is technically a Hero, but she operates outside of the Organization, under the direction of another branch of the government?

She can be an individual entity, but she will not be allowed to counter or undermine any of Dr Good's authority. And she would be subject to him, as he serves the highest branches of Civil and Military justice - who created the position. She can work as a side to him, an alternative or council - but not as anything equal to him, at least in official standing. She can be a sort of social alternative - chosen more by the people rather than bureaucracy. It won't give her any political sway though. And her technology can't be more than about ten/fifteen years ahead of ours. Beyond that, go ahead.

I'll hopefully be able to start RPing today! I'm quite pleased with how both of my characters turned out, hopefully I'll be able to RP them well. Do I just jump into the story then? And does anyone need interacting with?

Understandable. I wasn't intending on her being any kind of authority figure as that would just be weird.

Also as for technology I intended for it to be more advanced in certain areas and less advanced in others. Humanity would be more advanced as far as weapons by perhaps a few decades due her people not being very warlike. Humanity also offers more in the form of data collection and storage (her people have no internet or telephone based communication.)

Where her people are most advanced in is Energy, Particle sciences, and understanding of the cardinal forces of the cosmos. But as far as space travel goes I'd say they have to be a little more than a few decades ahead of us to arrive on Earth.

I assure you no overpowered doom cannons will come into play.
A L M O S A L M O S

Understandable. I wasn't intending on her being any kind of authority figure as that would just be weird.

Also as for technology I intended for it to be more advanced in certain areas and less advanced in others. Humanity would be more advanced as far as weapons by perhaps a few decades due her people not being very warlike. Humanity also offers more in the form of data collection and storage (her people have no internet or telephone based communication.)

Where her people are most advanced in is Energy, Particle sciences, and understanding of the cardinal forces of the cosmos. But as far as space travel goes I'd say they have to be a little more than a few decades ahead of us to arrive on Earth.

I assure you no overpowered doom cannons will come into play.
A L M O S A L M O S

Okay. I trust you.

ALSO, A POST WILL BE GOING UP IN ABOUT AN HOUR!!! THIS IS A MAOR PLOT RELATED POST. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED AND WOULD LIKE TO INTERACT WITH THE PLOT, TAKE NOTE! THINGS ARE GONNA HAPPEN, and you might need to take that into consideration with your RP

ALSO, A POST WILL BE GOING UP IN ABOUT AN HOUR!!! THIS IS A MAOR PLOT RELATED POST. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED AND WOULD LIKE TO INTERACT WITH THE PLOT, TAKE NOTE! THINGS ARE GONNA HAPPEN, and you might need to take that into consideration with your RP

Dang... Joseph/Mage is stuck in his job...
I might be able to get him to weasle out of it if I come up with an idea.

City Hall
- Outside of the City Administration and Public Awareness Wing
- Sunny skies, offering a gentle heat across the backs of the media and crowd
- Early Afternoon

Page-Break-2-1.png
The air buzzed with anticipation as the PAW quickly filled with a mix of reporters, public officials and a conglomerate of other noisy and nosy people. The hushed whispers and occasional shouts carried rumours of a new Leader for the League of Justice - reportedly an older water-manipulating gentleman who had been protecting the docks for the last ten years, some carried word of multiple homicides that very morning, and a mass slaughter in the streets not an hour ago! A few carried rage at the lack of super-hero oversight while others lamented the retiring old order. As the numbers grew, the noise also grew - until eventually, the doors to the administrative wing opened, and out, into the sunny morning skies walked a beautiful - if somewhat stern woman.

It was not, however, the beautiful and stern woman everyone had been expecting. Instead of Mayor Meno - it was instead Detective-Inspector Gerfast, and a tall dark skinned man, wearing a white suit gilded in gold accents. Gerfast walked with a purposeful gait, leaving Dr. Good behind. Her face was pulled into such a deadly glare, the whole of the room shut up immediately. Gerfast was a brilliant asset to the city, but she took shit from no-one. She would take your camera, and find a reason to keep you in detention for a night. If you respected her and followed her rules, however, she would grant you respect in turn. For a reporter, she was either a godsend or a nightmare. Her long, brown, leather jacket flapped behind her as she made her way to the podium, placing both hands down on the wooden stand, her long brown hair hanging over her face. Behind her, Dr. Good caught up. Gerfast raised her head, and looked over the crowd.

"Last night, three men were murdered near the docs. This was done via Super-Human means. Beyond that, I am aware of the massacre in the streets, and I have sent my best to it. I will be leaving for it after this as well. Chaos seems to have come to my city. Chaos has claimed many lives already. And now I come before you to say that it has done so again." She seemed to catch herself, a tear running down her cheek - before her hand rammed down on the pedestal in front of her, cracking it and having it almost topple over.

"Our beloved mayor was killed this morning. She was found in her office, over her desk - finalising the minutes for this very meeting we are having now - having not gone home, having worked until this fucking city claimed her!" Her voice roared near the end, her knuckles white as he grasped the wood platform. "Let it be known. I will find you. Whoever you are! I am coming for you - I will not rest until I break you with the full power of the law!" She unclenched her hands from the podium, blood running her nails had cut through her palms. She reached up and wiped the tears from her cheeks, leaving trails of blood instead. "Her work will not go in vain, however. She had work she wanted doing. We will see it done! One of the men killed at the docs, according to her notes - was to be our new liaison with the super-hero community. He, along with only one other person was in the run for the position." She pointed to Dr. Good.

"That same person was only rejected for the position of Liaison because Meno intended to ascribe him the position of Deputy Mayor in today's proceedings. The city council has decided to award him both positions at this time - as we believe this to be a time of emergency. When the situation calms, we will vote on a more stable solution. He will now address you - while I leave for my duties. You will respect him as you do me, until such time as he has earned that respect through his deeds. Doctor." She nodded to him, as she stood back. He stepped forwards, his hands gently taking her palms - a white mist rushing over them - healing them completely. He took out a white handkerchief and cleaned her cheeks - a gentle if sad smile on his face the whole time. She nodded at him and left the stand. he stepped forward and bowed his head. His face became sombre, but an air of confidence and exhaustion seemed to hang around him.

"This is a grave morning." He spoke in a deep, full voice - a slight foreign accent that very few could place coating his words. "The sun rises a shade darker, as nighttime left us with one star less. A final goodbye. But - as we know - stars die often, yet their light lingers. We must cherish this light, and the deeds it wrought in life, and the deeds it would have wrought were we spared this tragedy." He took a deep breath. "I did not think she would do this. The role of mayor is one I am well qualified for but never expected to have. I will take it nonetheless - as I am sure, she knew I would. The role of Liason - the one I expected to take today - is one I have been preparing for my whole life. I will take this as the council agreed - again, knowing now that she would have me fill it in the absence of our lost champion." He placed his hand over his chest, before extending both hands out over the crowd.

"I know of the horrors that plague this city. Those with power, and those without - taking and giving their share of chaos. This is done for good or ill. I will lend it focus. I will aid our captain, with the help of every hero - be they those in spandex, flying over towers - or those driving blue and white and red vehicles - whether they shoot lasers from their eyes, bullets from their guns or water from their hoses! I will help them see truth and order! Together we will build a support network, together we will build justice! Together, for a safer and securer - SOCIETY! We will find this monster, who not only was content to murder our Mayor and Our heroes! Who then goes into the city and murders and destroyed a bus filled with the elderly! Such a monster deserves to find themselves at the sharpest end of Justice! We will hunt this beast and purify this city! Power to us! And the future is ours!" His hands rose up, over the crowd as they burst out in thunderous applause. He looked dead into the cameras near the back - knowing that this would be shown on every news and public tv within the city, and across the country. His challenge was made.

Page-Break-2-1.png

I can't read shit, at the end.... Is it my computer? Or is the font white?

A L M O S A L M O S Could I get a quick clarification on how the League of Heroes works: Is membership mandatory? Does registering require giving up a character's civilian identity? How exactly does one register and is there a downside? Thanks.

D duegxybus I think the ball is in your court at the moment, but otherwise I'll try to make a post this evening.

You are expected to follow the law. If you are intending on taking vigilante duties - then you are to visit with only the leader. He smoothes over your actions and collateral - with the government and civil courts. If you act without his 'consent' then you forfeit his help - and thus any leniency the law might have towards you and what you do. You are still allowed to fight crime, but if you can't prove that the crime was committed or planned, if you use unnecessary force, if you kill or damage private property - then you will be tried as a civilian, rather than a public protector. Your secret identity is to be made known only to the leader, and he will make sure that it is kept secret. He will also allow you health and judicial services covered by the government. he will also inform any family if you should die, and offer them a pension on behalf of the city.

I think that covers it. - please read this, everyone. To take into consideration. Usually, I take a lot of time to create the world before we start - but this is not my world so I have not had time to make all this. These and other questions are welcomed!

civil war up in here.....

I feel like Erik is going to become a fully fledged character in the near future. From NPC to OC, wew.
I think I know who is going to join the mafia....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back