• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Heroes of Today: God's Territory

Gum Meister

Upon landing, Gum Meister would collect the gum used to make up both gum gliders as he just forms it into a ball of gum. He sighs of relief as he sees the fire being blown by 1000 Degree Knife's cold breath, he then followed to the next floor.

People were going to jump? Well considering the current situation and the regular human mind, jumping did seem like an option despite the fact that it will most definitely kill someone, maybe break a few bones at most. When 1000 Degree Knife's attempts of calming the public didn't work, Gum Meister would be glad to step in.

"Alright leave it to me 1000 Degree Knife." He faces the scared civilians and clears his breath. "Ok Gum Meister... your first attempts of calming and helping civilians... let's do this," he says to himself.

"AHEM. Attentions civilians, I am Gum Meister, new Hero for the Heroes of Today. While jumping may seem like the only option for you all, it is actually not. For I, Gum Meister, have the perfect power for this situation!"

He took out a small container on the left side of his belt and out came a small white circle.
"Looks like I'll need just one for this occasion."

Sugar Pill: An invention made from the Heroes of Today R&D created to support Gum Meister's power. Each Sugar Pill contains 100 grams of sugar, far more than the average cola. For the average human, digestion is not recommended as the amount of sugar and stimulant will most likely give a person a sugar rush before heading into serious seizure. With Gum Meister, sugar is needed to enhance the production of his gum. Though Gum Meister is advised to never take more than two a day for taking three may lead into health consequences.

"Whoo that's some good sugar. Alright everyone gather round." He would look out to a hole in the wall and stared right down at the ground. From there he collected all of the gum that he had brought from the gliders and started to form a slide. This slide would have an appearance of one of those child-like toy slides but just with gum. Upon creating enough gum, he would make a slide with a comfy pad at the end.

"Everyone all aboard the slide! Do not worry as I made sure to include railings. Children get to have free candy upon landing!"

D duegxybus

Blythe
With: Doctor Nope Doctor Nope

"There's another attack happening." Bob said.
"Are the heroes doing anything?" Blythe asked.
"Yeah, 1000 Degree Knife and Gum Meister."
"Who are they again?"
"1000 Degree Knife is that girl with the cool eyes who can shoot lazers out of them and blow ice." Steve replied. "Gum Meister's the guy who can make gum or something like that."
"Gee, you keep track of all the heroes." Bob said.
"I don't," Steven sighed. "Heroes just always manage to get on the news."

Josefina was fine with some heroes. Others, she wasn't. At this point, Josefina wasn't paying much attention to the people talking.

"Aren't heroes just police officers with superpowers?"
"I think the superpower part is supposed to be what makes us 'ooh' and 'aah'."
"Not that I don't like people with superpowers in general, I just don't like people who think themselves better than others because of those powers."
"Isn't a superhero a good person, though?"
"It depends," Josefina said, still doing her work. "I'm pretty sure there are some dick superheroes out there."
"When I'm old enough," someone said. "I'm going to move out to another place. Some people with powers can be real dicks, you know. They used to bully me."

It was quiet. Josefina understood how he felt to a degree. In most of the schools she had been to, people valued power. Josefina was bashed around a lot because her ability wasn't very... powerful. She'd seen how the powerful treated the ones without superpowers. But in some schools, people were nice and kind and rarely were there prideful idiots. Those were the schools that Josefine wasn't kicked out of.

"ohmigod Ari look." Blythe put a hand on Josefina's shoulder.

The girl turned. She had to use all her strength not to burst out laughing. Seated at one of the tables was a guy with a pumpkin over his head. Was he a cosplayer? No, was he one of those heroes?

"His name's Jackolyte." The friend said.
"You mean that pumpkin thing from that Halloween thing from Fate Destiny?" Steve whispered.
"Fate?" Josefina asked. "You mean the video game?"
"Yeah, that one."
Gamers... Josefina sighed.
"I'll make the drink. What does he want?" she asked.
"'Something random yet largely enjoyed.'" The first friend said. "I'm quoting him here."

Okay then...

Josefina opted for a Chai Tea Latte... but with soymilk and a few pumps of strawberry syrup. Hopefully he liked strawberry flavouring. Josefina finished that up and set it on the counter thingy.

"A surprise drink for Jackolyte!" Josefina said with her usual friendly cheer.

Arlen muttered incoherently to nobody in particular as he dragged his damp shoes up the set of stairs and into the brightly lit coffee store. He immediately let out a sigh of relief as he was greeted by a rush of warm air that reminded him of times in the past when he would curl up by the fireplace with nothing but a book and a cup of hot chocolate. Lifting his hood off of his head and making a pathetic attempt at fixing his soaked down hair, he walked over to a table and plopped himself down into a chair. He hated the rain. The way his clothes stuck to his body when wet wore him down even more than usual, and the weather often made him grouchier and more depressed.

Arlen looked around the cafe, desperate for anything to help him pass time. He spotted a trio of employees standing behind the counter, all chatting furiously and keeping their eyes peeled on something, or someone, near the back. He turned around in his seat, creating a loud squelching sound which caused even him to grimace in embarrassment. When his eyes fell upon the cause of attention, a smile lit up on his face. It was a hero. Well, it must've been a hero, for who else would dress so oddly like that in public? A quiet snicker escaped Arlen's mouth when he noticed the pumpkin sitting atop their head. Standing up from his seat, he made the decision that he would first purchase a hot cup of chocolate before heading over and inquiring the hero about any news going around town. While walking up to the counter, he tried to fix his cloak and hair to make himself look more presentable and less like a displaced swamp monster. Satisfied with what he could do in the short amount of time he had, he placed both hands on the counter and asked one of the employees, a female, for a cup of hot chocolate.

doneanddusted doneanddusted Doctor Nope Doctor Nope

Jack-O-Lite turned to see the cheery employee placing his drink on the table. This was exactly the kind of pleasant surprise he was hoping for.
"Ooh thanks!"
He had actually forgot to use his scary, intimidating villain voice when saying that, but that didn't matter too much since he wasn't making his debut right now anyway. He removed his helmet and set it next to him so that he'd actually be able to drink properly. At this point he had already been cheered up enough to have forgotten about the fact that his getup had been wasted for the day because of a fucking boom boom in some buildings.
doneanddusted doneanddusted Doctor Nope Doctor Nope

Kenneth Reyes :: God's Barrier
Elaine Hathom
"Thank you." Kenneth handed the bar to the little girl, who ripped it open and gobbled it up in a few bites.
"*Nom* Elaine is very grateful for the-"

"Don't talk with your mouth full! Anyways, we should go now. I have to make a phone call, watch the kid."

As Kenneth went out to make the call, Elaine stayed inside, giggling and bouncing around. "Whee! Elaine loves to play in dark and scary houses!" She ran over to the guy in the LED goggles and tried to reach for them. "Kenny has goggles too! Though he never lets Elaine play with them. Are those...real?"

Doctor Nope Doctor Nope Mega Mega

Meanwhile, Kenneth made the phone call outside, away from everyone. "I think I found the Poltergeist."

Riley Ackerson :: 1000 Degree Knife
Riley smiled in delight as she watched the gum slide manifest out of nowhere. That was very cool and interesting for sure. Focusing her attention back to the task at hand, Riley looked down at the ground and blew another cold blast of air, extinguishing more of the fire on the floors below.

As she did this, she wondered who could have caused this. Whatever the situation was, a third rate like her wouldn't be the one to find out. "Hey, Gummy! I'm gonna have to cut off the support beam here, it's just extra weight! Get everyone off quickly, then I'll have someone on the case so we can find the bastard who did this."

YoungX YoungX

Poltergeist had almost exited the room when the younger kid addresses his goggles.
"Huh? Oh, yeah, they're real. They glow and have a night-vision option"
He took them off and handed them to her so she could have a closer look.
D duegxybus Mega Mega

Josefina
With: Doctor Nope Doctor Nope SodaToast SodaToast

Jackolyte happily took his cup. Another man walked into the store, completely drenched. There was no need to clean up as of now.

"Pumpkin boy kinda looks like Okami," Bob said.

Josefina looked over. He did look like Okami...

"Wait until Okami hears about it, hehe..."
"Isn't 'okami' Japanese for wolf?"
"Stop being such a weeaboo, Steve."

The man who had just came in walked up to the counter.

"That guy coming up looks like Havoc." Bob said.

Josefina eyed the man. He did look like Havoc, with the cloak and all. Josefina wouldn't be surprised if he was just a crazy fanboy, though. But why fanboy over a V Rank? The man went up to Josefina and asked for hot chocolate.

"Er... sure," Josefina made her way to the cash register. "What size? And do you want anything else?"

If he didn't want anything else, she would name the price and ask for his name.

Gum Meister

Gum Meister nodded as 1000 Degree Knife would give him some orders. "You got it! Alright everyone single file please! If you are scared then please hang on to the railings. Don't worry my gum is very soft and durable. Don't take that in the wrong context please." He would continue to help evacuate the civilians. His first "rescue" mission would seem to go off without a hitch. Things were starting to look good for the newly started hero.

"Alright looks like things are starting to clear up. Police are definitely going to arrive and take any injured people to the hospital. Should we look around for any survivors?"

D duegxybus

"I'll take a large, thank you." Replied Arlen as the employee began to punch his order into the computer.

He casually looked around the cafe once more, but couldn't seem to find anything interesting other than the pumpkin-man. After a few moments he returned his attention back to the girl at the counter.

"Do you happen to know of any, er, news about both heroes and villains in the nearby area?"

Although Arlen was adequately trained in hand to hand combat, reconnaissance, and interrogation, casually socializing in a cafe was not his strong suit.

"I'm no X-rank hero, but I can still contribute. This probably sounds really stupid, seeing as its coming from myself, but I feel like I have potential to become more. At least more than what I am now..."

He looked down at his mud-ridden shoes and dripping wet cloak briefly before lifting his head back up towards the girl.

doneanddusted doneanddusted

Josefine
With: SodaToast SodaToast

"Okay..." Josefina put his order into the computer.

She looked up and was about to ask his name when...

"Do you happen to know of any, er, news about both heroes and villains in the nearby area?" The man asked. "I'm no X-rank hero, but I can still contribute. This probably sounds really stupid, seeing as its coming from myself, but I feel like I have potential to become more. At least more than what I am now..."
"HE IS HAVOC!" Steve whispered a bit too loudly.

Josefina had a feeling that everyone else was already glaring at him. She pulled up her phone and checked the news.

"There's a terrorist attack going on right now," Josefina said. "But I think that problem's being solved already. I suggest you do some service work while waiting for another attack- you'll make an impression among the citizens."

Josefina pulled out a cup.

"So, who's this large hot chocolate for?"

Nick Tesla
"Rod"
"Then let's stop some drug trades! Maybe find a man named weasel, a steortype child with a wacky dog sidekick. We'll have it all." Nick spun his gun and put it over his back, resting his hands on his waist in a heroic pose. "Don't worry, no one will mess with u-"

That's when the loud boom broke the soft sound of rain along with the dark atmosphere. "What in the world!?" Four buildings has seemed to be bombed and had gained the interest of the electron hero. "Drug lord fighting will have to wait. Now we gotta investigate the situation over there." Nick took out the two 9mm pistols and loaded them. "You in?"
D duegxybus

Arlen winced as he heard one of the other employees, possibly the girl's friend, recognize him and say his hero alias. Oh, how he hated his alias. While others have stated that it's a name well fit for his abilities, he could only ever see the name as a barrier. The name represented many things, but most of all, to Arlen, it was his anchor that held him down in the V-rank. He was given the alias when he first the organization, which was also when he was placed into the X category of hero rankings. Deep down, he felt that, as long as he had ownership of that name, Havoc, he was never going to achieve his goal. Shaking his head, he quickly regained his composure.

"Uh, it's for me, thank you."

He cupped the drink using both hands and he held it up close to his face, letting the sweet and warm aroma wash over him. He then placed the cup down beside him and leaned in towards the girl, lowering his voice.

"So, what's with pumpkin-man?"

doneanddusted doneanddusted

Josefina
With: SodaToast SodaToast

Josefina half expected for him to give her a, you know, real name. He looked awfully unhappy with being called Havoc. The girl sighed and just drew a smiley face. Mix mix, syrup syrup, done. She gave it to the man. He took the drink... smelled it? And then placed it back to down to lean towards her.

"So, what's with pumpkin-man?" he asked.

How would I fucking know?

"I'm not sure," She answered him. "He's either a hero, a villain, or a cosplayer."

She briefly looked at the time. Her shift was over.

"I suggest you don't poke at him," Josefina warned the man.

Because that's rude and only dickfaces are rude.

Riley shook her head. "Isn't necessarily the time to do that, but we should do it anyways. Yet I can't help but wonder who would do this kind of thing..." As Riley glared at the beam, a line of heat shot from her eyes, burning into the metal construct. Before long, the beam was cut in half and it slid down, dropping a few tons of weight onto the street below (where nobody could've been standing, cause it's a shady alleyway).

"I think we should get out of here before the cops notice us. It's not our job to be doing stuff like this. I mean, in the legal side of things. We aren't trained rescue operatives, and the cops hate our guts." Riley looked down to Banjo and gave a half-smirk half-grin. "I think there might be more bombs in the basement. We should check, just in case."

YoungX YoungX

Elina Driscoll :: Telepoint
"No..."

Elina's eyes widened in the direction of the buildings. She closed her eyes before grabbing Nick's hand as tightly as she possibly could. Before two seconds had passed, Elina had teleported herself and Nick onto the top of the building, looking straight down. As she looked at the bomb marks, she immediately realized who had done this.

"Nick, I think I know who's done this."

Before she said anything else, she glanced down at the sewage manhole cover on the street, glaring at it darkly. Somehow she knew, somehow she knew what was going on. It was not before long she found herself turning to Nick and asking him a big question. "I'd love to see you use your power once again. This time to destroy something I've wanted to destroy for years."

B BlueClover

Gum Meister

Banjo gives a small smile. "Good idea. You have your freezing breath right? We'll use that to neutralize any bombs, if there are any left in the first place. Let's do this."

While it's true that they weren't really supposed to do this, it was good to do the hero's job of civilian rescue. He would just feel that the cops and heroes should work together more often. In any case whats done is done. The only thing he would do now is check the area for any more potential threats.

D duegxybus

M’kay,” Vicky mumbled politely, her attention already drifting to other things. She’d only seen the one room of the building so far, and it was still raining too hard for her to even contemplate going back out into that mess. She turned toward the stairs, curious as to what lay in other parts of the building, in time to see the kid with the girl leave the room. Left behind, the girl, seriously she was even littler than the two boys, began to pester the kid in the costume, asking him about his goggles. He humored her for a bit, but the mundane interactions eventually lost their appeal and Vicky made to climb the stairs.

“I’m gonna explore some, catch ya some other time ghost boy.”

Blondie was just putting away his phone when she reached the top of the stairs, and in farewell she grinned at him with a lazy salute and then was off.

Generally, the building was pretty similar to the others around this part of town, though as she’d noticed from the outside it was sturdy and structurally sounder than she expected. Either the abductors went to great pains to make this into a useable hide out, or they hit the jackpot of acquired lairs and it was like this when they arrived. Either way, there was no doubting the equipment was all theirs. Anything that was here before they showed would have long been looted.

Moseying around with a drunken gait, Vicky eventually stumbled across a wooden door fixed with a sturdy lock. It was odd that she hadn’t run into anyone, especially after the alarm sounded. She was maybe just a little disappointed no one had shown up to fight her. She was really itching for one now and regretted that she hadn’t challenged Poltergeist when she had the chance.

In an attempt to stave off dejection, Vicky lit her hand, enjoying the way her fire messed with the light against the door before burning it away to ashes. She giggled a little as the metal lock clattered to the ground, useless now that there was no door left to protect. The rest of the building was brick, unfortunately, and after the wood was gone her fire soon extinguished itself.

Beyond the door was a simple room with a desk pushed up against one wall, papers stacked neatly atop it and a safe tucked discreetly in the opposite corner. Immediately drawn to the safe, Vicky superheated the door, running her fire as hot as it would go to avoid burning whatever was inside. When the door was malleable enough to simply wrench away from the rest of the safe, albeit with a good deal of force, she peered into the small container to see what someone might want to keep safe in a place like this.

It was money, mostly, so she pocketed a few hundred by wrapping them in her sweater and stuffing that in a separate compartment of her backpack. That would set her for a little while. She tended to only spend money on food when she set aside time for grocery shopping. Everything else was mostly stolen on impulse.

Also from the safe, she pulled a folder, brown and unlabeled, staring incriminatingly from her hands. Immediately she flipped it open, finding the records for an illegal human trafficking ring. Vicky sighed in annoyance and snapped the folder closed. That was so boring. The folder lit up in her hands and was soon gone. Why couldn’t it have been something cooler, like a list of unaffiliated supers. That would have at least given her some ideas of who was good for a fight. Ugh, guess she’d just have to stick to lower ranked Heroes of Today brats.

Much to her dismay, none of the higher v-ranked or x-ranked heroes ever wanted to bother with her. Granted, she didn’t stir up as much trouble as the folks they usually dealt with. Did that mean if she wanted to fight stronger people she had to be more of a nuisance? Maybe. Anyway, exploring the building no longer appealed to her, so she slipped out, strangely enough not running into either of the boys or the girl as she retraced her steps back to the entrance she broke in from.

Luckily the rain had let up significantly since she entered, but the sun had long since set below the horizon and she doubted there was much left she could do. Rather disappointed with how the day turned out, she went for a walk, looking up at what was visible of the stars and not really paying attention to where she was going.

Kenneth Reyes :: God's Barrier
Elaine Hathom
Elaine's eyes widened and she grabbed the glasses, looking at them closely. "Cool! Elaine would love to try them on later, but she thinks she hears Kenny calling her name!"

"YOU DAMN PIECE OF WORK, GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE!"

"See you later, um...ghost boy? Elaine doesn't know whatever that woman called you."

Elaine sauntered out of the building, meeting up with Kenny outside. Elaine had no idea what Kenneth wanted to leave so quickly for, but it was definitely suspicious; at least a little bit. Kenneth glanced down at his phone once before putting it back in his pocket. Then he gently nudged Elaine in the arm. "Idiot. Let's keep walking."

Doctor Nope Doctor Nope

Riley made her way down to the basement of the building, soon coming to the conclusion there were no more bombs. She quickly pulled out her phone and rattled out a report to the HQ. Before long, she found herself going through old texts and reports, distracted completely from the task at hand. "Hey, Banjo, I think our work here is done. There's nothing anywhere else, so we should just get going before the police get on our case like the nosy brats they are."

Riley gave herself the satisfaction of a small smile before exiting the basement and making her way out onto the street. Able-bodied survivors were sliding down the gum slide, and rescue teams were scouring the buildings to look for other bodies or survivors. That meant Riley's and Banjo's work was done. Riley thought they were going to be forever known as heroes, especially after that report was sent to HQ.

YoungX YoungX

Gum Meister

Banjo would follow Riley, feeling that today was a good day in earnest. Seeing people go down the gum slide and rescue teams doing their work made him feel pretty good about himself. Sure they weren't technically supposed to be there but at least they played a part in evacuating civilians in a safe and non-reckless manner.

"So... are we going to keep patrolling? I could do this all night actually."

D duegxybus

Poltergeist put his goggles back on and breathed out slowly. This whole operation had been more social than he had hoped for, but at least everything went well. It also now occured to him that he was the only person left in the room, besides the knocked out thugs. Now a few of them had started stirring, indicated they were about to wake up.
Shit~~~
He quickly rotated the crucifixes on the walls back to their original positions, just to fuck with the thugs some more when they fully woke up, then went invisible again as it had been 5 minutes since the last time he became visible. He started counting down the minutes left for this invisibility session as he walked up and out of the building, back into the rain that had decreased in intensity by now.

Derrick Maria Remarque
Derrick spoke quietly on his phone under the cover of a nearby building. "Yeah everything has been dealt with, the civilians are safe... But I am going to need you to wait just a while longer Cat. I will be back as soon as possible." Afterwards the two said their goodbyes and Derrick swiftly slipped the phone back into his jacket pocket. He was both surprised and relieved that nothing else happened tonight, his ability to help had been severely hindered due to the rainfall. Although despite the slight annoyance of the weather Derrick was still able to fulfill his duty as a hero, he successfully ensured the safety of the people of Empire City and effectively controlled the crowd to get them away from the danger.

Derrick pulled out a packet of cigarettes and slowly drew one to his mouth, holding it between his teeth as he put the packet back into his pocket before taking out a golden lighter. Derrick relaxed as he felt himself begin to progressively dry out, keeling his mind on the moment rather than the few minutes he had before he was going to get soaked again.

Riley shook her head. "I think that's about as much patrolling as we can get done, right?" She went back to Banjo and looked out at everything. Her eyes seemed to be a little averted from anyone with injuries, suggesting a slight unsettling feeling from her when looking at the injured. However, Riley did look confident when looking at Banjo.

"I think we should go ahead and see what we can do anyways! Hopefully we don't run into too much trouble. It would be nice if it was just the two of us, but if a hero dropped by I wouldn't mind.

YoungX YoungX
(Short post. Kill me. :P)

Nick Tesla
"Rod"
Before Nick could blink, they were atop a different building, watching the destruction of the targets. He knew what had happened and teleporting still felt slightly weird. "Hmp!" Nick used his free hand and aimed his rifle at the manhole on the ground. "Whoever did this makes me sick. Not even the balls to say anything."

Nick's face slightly changed to a nervous expression. On one hand, his power was powerful and could actually be really helpful, but on the other, it could really damage his insides. However, he wouldn't tell Elina about this, nor will he tell anyone about the true problem and he would probably keep it till he died, not even Death himself would hear these words. He looked at Elina then at her hand still squeezing his. "We going to teleport down there? I can disintegrate the manhole then the real fun can begin." The confident smile appeared again, though the awkwardness of the hand holding didn't completely pass.
D duegxybus

Gum Meister

"Yeah let's do it. I'm pretty psyched about it," he says with a smile. Today seemed to go really well. There wasn't much for him to say so he would just follow Riley.

"So where to 1000 Degree Knife?"

(Short post. Don't kill me)

D duegxybus

Last edited:
Shiro Takahashi :: Unknown Numerals
T: 8:45 PM

With: OPEN
"Commence experiment 629. The current time is eight-forty-five PM. Objective, complete destruction of the Bahara Building along with the elimination of the Twelve at the meeting." A voice rang inside the experiment's head as he took a step towards the Bahara Building. It was a tall building, composed entirely of steel and aluminum. It was truly an engineering marvel, and one that was rather hard to get into. His supervisors were rather understanding. He had a life. The experiment stepped forwards and extended a hand out towards the building.

"Experiment 628 was a success."

"What's the meaning of this? I've completed over six hundred experiments, and there has been no improvement in my power."
"You won't see any change."
"Hm?"
"Upon completing the, ehm, 'curriculum', will you finally witness an increase in power. Just remember that even the final few experiments may even cost you your life should you slip. Even you can die, until this is complete."
"Very well doctor. I will continue my hand at this."

The Experiment raised a foot into the air. White symbols began floating around his foot. It almost seemed to light up for a moment, before it hit the ground.

สิบสองสิบห้าสิบสอง!

With a loud crumble, the ground cracked and most pieces of rock flew out of place. The building's structure was destabilized completely. The experiment stepped forwards and, with a loud cackle, raised a hand. The instant his finger made contact with the aluminum, it blasted open, leaving an entryway.

The experiment simply stood in the middle of the building. He removed the key from around his neck and held it out. More symbols surrounded the key. The experiment flattened his palm, and the key shot upwards through the roof, ignoring all physical matter as if it was nothing to worry about. Before long, the experiment raised his foot once again and slammed it into the ground. The floor twisted and tore through the walls. The experiment then walked out as the building began to fall.

Arc #1: The Absolute Being

Fayette & Hanah Solo
D duegxybus YoungX YoungX

Fayette runned front of Hanah and tried make her run faster, it was them first field duty after getting in Heroes of Today, Fayette was excited.
"Come, Big Sis. We are nearly to where our heroes should be!"
"Fay, you know that i haven't your fitness."
Fay runned front of Riley.
"Recruit Neko offers herself to duty!"
Hanah followed shortly after.
"Recruit *panting* Solo *more panting* ready."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back