• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Heroes don’t wear capes- OCC

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
KaasVedas KaasVedas
Ifan is pretty dope. In all honesty i was worried when i saw the name puppeteer but i feel he is pretty balanced. Make sure to check with other players if you are going to attempt to control theirs. He is in, project puppeteer is a success.

Last edited:
Mhmm! I wanted the name to be more kind of ambiguous. Does he control the strings, or do they control him kind of deal. Plus it isn't any easy thing to do, human brains can kind of only handle one brain so he has to try and sort through and protect himself from getting overloaded. When it comes to the microchips, it only really works on small animals. Mice, birds, insects, etc. When he uses them on people he can only try and influence them, but not in anyway they wouldn't already do. He can't make some soldier start turning on his team mates, but he could make me feel like leaving his keycard on a table isn't a big deal when he goes to the bathroom.

And obviously I would only try to read other peoples minds or influence them with their consent!

I also think it might be neat if he was chosen as back-up to Nugget, in terms of someone who can gather information. Not that either of them would know at first

moomoocup moomoocup aurelio is a very cool zombie. The only thing i would ask you to edit is the marine part. Militaries collapsed close to sixty years ago after ww3. The closest thing to a marine that exists in the current setting is a corpman (not a corpsman) which is basically a corporate intelligence officer working for one of the mega corporations so think…FBI but owned by walmart. Or a Site guard, which is a more standard trooper who guards valuable positions to the corporation they work for.

This will be covered in the lore in more detail but a few corporations are

Mart corp- Walmart, Target, Kroger and numerous other grocery store chains.

Light Company- A merger of Dozens of Electric and Internet providers.

Medinc- A global hospital company that has a solid monopoly on medical facilities and technology.

Bojet- The merger of basically every airport.

I also think it might be neat if he was chosen as back-up to Nugget, in terms of someone who can gather information. Not that either of them would know at first
I think the two would work wonders but i dont know if backup is the right term. More like he would be the front man and distraction while your character was the shadow. Or rather nugget could play emergency support if Ifan runs into trouble and has his cover blown. In either case id say your character is vastly superior in the information gathering and tech control department. Nugget can only plug into a port or keyhole with his tendrils and controls notably more mundane tech struggling to deal with The bleeding edge stuff. so for example he can hack a personal computer but the firewalls of an expensive super computer would keep him out. But its mainly to do stuff like start cars and make blenders turn on.

moomoocup moomoocup aurelio is a very cool zombie. The only thing i would ask you to edit is the marine part. Militaries collapsed close to sixty years ago after ww3. The closest thing to a marine that exists in the current setting is a corpman (not a corpsman) which is basically a corporate intelligence officer working for one of the mega corporations so think…FBI but owned by walmart. Or a Site guard, which is a more standard trooper who guards valuable positions to the corporation they work for.

This will be covered in the lore in more detail but a few corporations are

Mart corp- Walmart, Target, Kroger and numerous other grocery store chains.

Light Company- A merger of Dozens of Electric and Internet providers.

Medinc- A global hospital company that has a solid monopoly on medical facilities and technology.

Bojet- The merger of basically every airport.
Alright! Which corporation would you recommend?

I think the two would work wonders but i dont know if backup is the right term. More like he would be the front man and distraction while your character was the shadow. Or rather nugget could play emergency support if Ifan runs into trouble and has his cover blown. In either case id say your character is vastly superior in the information gathering and tech control department. Nugget can only plug into a port or keyhole with his tendrils and controls notably more mundane tech struggling to deal with The bleeding edge stuff. so for example he can hack a personal computer but the firewalls of an expensive super computer would keep him out. But its mainly to do stuff like start cars and make blenders turn on.
I really love that idea! The two of them work well together, kind of compensating for the other's weaker sides

Alright! Which corporation would you recommend?
Whichever of the four mentioned is fine. You can even come up with your own. Nugget was a guard for Mart corp and maimed in a fight between them and the Light company so either of those could be a bonding thing or a beef making thing. Medinc and Bojet are pretty competitive with one doing lots of aerial stuff and the other some shady medical practices. To be fair none are all good or all bad so its entirely up to you.

I really love that idea! The two of them work well together, kind of compensating for the other's weaker sides
I was thinking the same. It even makes sense as according to the timeline i have so far your character showed up about a decade after Him. It would make sense to be an “upgraded” version. More fit for the modernized era, precise, and mobile. After all the suit was technically not included in his super soldier process it was added after the fact with some help and funds from Montclaire.

Whichever of the four mentioned is fine. You can even come up with your own. Nugget was a guard for Mart corp and maimed in a fight between them and the Light company so either of those could be a bonding thing or a beef making thing. Medinc and Bojet are pretty competitive with one doing lots of aerial stuff and the other some shady medical practices. To be fair none are all good or all bad so its entirely up to you.
Alright his character sheet has been edited. I hope it's alright now.

I was thinking the same. It even makes sense as according to the timeline i have so far your character showed up about a decade after Him. It would make sense to be an “upgraded” version. More fit for the modernized era, precise, and mobile. After all the suit was technically not included in his super soldier process it was added after the fact with some help and funds from Montclaire.
Mhmm! I really like that idea

I know we haven't started yet but I wonder if it would be too OP to have Ifan's cables equipped with tiny tools. I'm thing just little cameras to see in small places and little blades to cut through stuff in there way, stuff like that. I feel he is already strong enough as is but I was curious if the Benefactor would equip him with those tools, as he isn't very combat oriented. My thought it is that he would use them to connect with stuff that it's hard for him to find or get to.

I know we haven't started yet but I wonder if it would be too OP to have Ifan's cables equipped with tiny tools. I'm thing just little cameras to see in small places and little blades to cut through stuff in there way, stuff like that. I feel he is already strong enough as is but I was curious if the Benefactor would equip him with those tools, as he isn't very combat oriented. My thought it is that he would use them to connect with stuff that it's hard for him to find or get to.
i dont have a problem with it. Though given his power set couldnt he carry around such tools and control them/move them with the tentacles effectively achieving the same thing? Not that im suggesting that just an interesting question.

i dont have a problem with it. Though given his power set couldnt he carry around such tools and control them/move them with the tentacles effectively achieving the same thing? Not that im suggesting that just an interesting question.
I'm sure he could, I like the idea that he stores them in his arms actually. Each arm contains eyes and blades that the cables can attach and detach when not in use. Just a thought, not super sure how it would work myself tbh

Hi!!

Posted up my charrie! Yeah she's kinda OP lol but does have some interesting drawbacks. I see her as a loyal lapdog to Montclaire tho lol. Like I said, might not have time for this RP but just wanted to drop an app anyways

Oh and I left blank the name for the Multi group that originally signed her.

Hi!!

Posted up my charrie! Yeah she's kinda OP lol but does have some interesting drawbacks. I see her as a loyal lapdog to Montclaire tho lol. Like I said, might not have time for this RP but just wanted to drop an app anyways

Oh and I left blank the name for the Multi group that originally signed her.
To be fair while she is a high rank on the power scale. I wouldnt exactly call her op for the verse more of a high middle weight. Theres some pretty nasty things in this verse so its actually great that we have something scary with us ;)

To be fair while she is a high rank on the power scale. I wouldnt exactly call her op for the verse more of a high middle weight. Theres some pretty nasty things in this verse so its actually great that we have something scary with us ;)
k cooool. But like is there a name for a Multi that dominates North American entertainment industry? Also I left it kinda vague, since I don't know how occult stuff works in this world, but I hinted that her parents made a deal with a demon kinda thing. Oh and I'm going on the basis that she was pulled out of 'superhuman jail' by a 'shadowy organization' of which Halo believes is backed by Montclaire so that's why I see her as loyal to him... does that work?

k cooool. But like is there a name for a Multi that dominates North American entertainment industry? Also I left it kinda vague, since I don't know how occult stuff works in this world, but I hinted that her parents made a deal with a demon kinda thing. Oh and I'm going on the basis that she was pulled out of 'superhuman jail' by a 'shadowy organization' of which Halo believes is backed by Montclaire so that's why I see her as loyal to him... does that work?
Well superhumans in this world are usually sponsored by multicorps as for entertainment in North America we have Disnet Streaming, which is basically disney after eating Hollywood, WB, Netflix and soon after they cannibalized a part of google along with the other mega corps.

Honestly she couldve been a soldier during the fall of google, or her parents couldve been soldiers for google who were converted to Disnet after that company took their daughter hostage (your character) Montclaire had ties to the google company so he couldve been friends of her parents and got her out freeing up her parents to loose their lives in their revenge attack on the company. That gives us a decent recurring foe for her. Max Trillion, the Superman of the verse who works for Disnet and who happened to slay her parents to prevent them from killing his boss.

Well superhumans in this world are usually sponsored by multicorps as for entertainment in North America we have Disnet Streaming, which is basically disney after eating Hollywood, WB, Netflix and soon after they cannibalized a part of google along with the other mega corps.

Honestly she couldve been a soldier during the fall of google, or her parents couldve been soldiers for google who were converted to Disnet after that company took their daughter hostage (your character) Montclaire had ties to the google company so he couldve been friends of her parents and got her out freeing up her parents to loose their lives in their revenge attack on the company. That gives us a decent recurring foe for her. Max Trillion, the Superman of the verse who works for Disnet and who happened to slay her parents to prevent them from killing his boss.
K i'll go with Disnet. My girlie taking out the corp that made snow white and marvel movies lol

As for her parents I'd rather skip the lol 'dead parents rawr I'm batman' route and have them alive and selling out their 'miracle daughter' makes for more development over time. Background isn't super important to me since its... well its meant to be in the background right so I'm okay with leaving the details vague re: her apprehension and escape rn cuz it sounds like you have loooooots of lore that we have yet to learn. lol fall of google

Alright guys today is our launch date. i have just completed the timeline in the lore and will be starting on the main thread in a hour or so. It will be ready to go today then ill get back to the lore when done.

Here is the timeline for now.

BuggaBoo BuggaBoo KaasVedas KaasVedas JustSomeDood JustSomeDood moomoocup moomoocup

Users who are viewing this thread

Back