• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Hero Risen (1 Slot open)

Lunar

now i know how joan of arc felt
Slugger.

Thats the first word that pops into your head as your alarm clock blares in your ear. "Slugger, I'm late!" You jump out of bed and before you can get dressed, a message pops up on your MeChip. In this world, humans have invented the technology to merge cellphones, computers, and tablets into their brains VIA a small chip that is surgically implanted at birth. Shortly after this technology was invented, people started discovering that they had...strange abilities. It started off small with just basic telekinetic powers but quickly evolved into bigger more powerful stuff down the line. It has been roughly one-hundred years since the Powered started existing, and now there are so many different types that its hard to keep track of! You have the Anipowered; they take the form of a half human half animal and they assume the abilities of that animal to an even more enhanced degree. NatRes; Powereds that have the ability to generate or manipulate the natural resources of the earth, and many other types, including regular people with regular powers!

Coming back to your senses from that short moment of deep thought, you switch your focus back to your message. You open up your MeMessenger and see who decided to contact you. It is your mom, she says:

"Hey honey! Me and your father miss you, even if you've only been gone a month! Congrats on getting your Hero license! You're already making us so proud! We love and miss you, bye! Muah!!

You smile at the message and take a mental note to reply later because right now you're still late! Today is the first day of your Hero career! Just as your mother said in her text, yesterday you went to the Department of Heroic Services and obtained a hero license, officially making you a hero! You've got your entire future as a crime-fighting badass ahead of you now, but not if you're already late to patrolling the city! Theres probably hundreds of heroes out there by now, how are you going to get in on the action?

You push these negative thoughts aside as you unzip the large duffel bag in the corner of your room and pull out your brand new costume! (Your Mom had it custom made by the famous fashion designer Weaver! Thanks mom!)

You put the costume on and pose in front of the mirror...

Name: (First and Last)
Costume: (Be as detailed as possible)

Powers: (Power possibilities are endless so the descriptions of what you can do arent all revealed yet, your powers grow with you!)

1. The power of Light manipulation. You can create blasts or objects of light and much much more!
2. Flight and speed; You can control the gravity around you and accelerate it as well!
3. Psych Powered! You can use Pych blasts and tap into other people Psyche to manipultate them
4. Elemental; You control several elements; Fire, Water, Earth, Air.
5. Enhanced Meek; Meeks are humans with no powers, though you are a slight hybrid; you have enchanced senses and have super strenght!

(Just reply with the skeleton filled out.)
Idea Idea Felis Felis

Last edited:
You throw on your costume and strike a quick pose! "This is gonna look great on my insta!" You think to yourself, though it does seem as if your fathers extra input on the design made it seem a lot like an advertisement than a slugging awesome crime fighter suit! Regardless, you feel proud to wear it, this is finally your dream come true; the life of a hero! You snap back to reality once again and exit your small apartment. You live in the Eastern Fringes, one of the lowest income areas in Millenial City (MC for short.) with the biggest crime rate and gang related violence. There are several AniGangs in the area that have been laying low lately since the Infini-Crisis, an event in which The Hero Project, a famous hero reality show, got mixed into a conflict with a new power type that is considered to be unstable an dangerous; Infinity-Power. However, recently there has been a slow rise in activity from the gangs, they are becoming complacent it seems.

To your surprise, when you leave the apartment, you notice that your good friend Teal is waiting for you, costume and all! Both of you received your licenses at the same time and have decided maybe you could work together to kick some ass! Which reminds you both, how are you guys supposed to fight crime without a kickass codename?

Pick a Codename:
1. Mr./Mrs. Gravity
2. Brainiac
3. Kilo
4. The Thought
5: [CREATE YOUR OWN NAME]

Idea Idea Felis Felis

Hmmm...

Option 5: Dashing and Refreshing, the second mascot of the Inukamitech-B company and first in your sweet dreams, Sweet Bender! (Version without intro, Just Sweetbender)

PS: this vote is assuming we're only voting for our respective characters)

Last edited:
Ooh, I just had an idea for Teal, so I'll take option 5, too, please: Windrunner! (Though technically her power is gravity etc., but she can still kind of fly.)
As for intros, uhhh, I don't know... Maybe something like "I float like a leaf, but hit like the whole tree trunk! Gravity holds no sway over the one and only Windrunner!"?

You both nod to one another then Teal asks: "So where do you wanna start?" Suddenly, a small boy pops up in the lower right corner of your eye. He does a cute thumbs up and announces: "Hello! Im Lucas, your MeChip personality! Heres a map of your city, it might be useful."

As soon as he says that, a large map appears in front of you digitally. A big "YOU ARE HERE" arrow points to the upper east side of Millenial City. The map has different shades of blue and red on it, red signifying the high crime areas, the Fringes are a mellow orange. The uptown city area is light blue, thats where the Hero Project is hosted, The Millenial Group HQ is also there; TMG (The Millenial Group) is a hero organization that fights to protect Millenial City, their roster has changed quite alot after the Infini-Crisis though. In the lower western portion of the map, there is an island that is shaded grey and non-interactable, what could this be?

They continue looking over the map and then look to each other.
"So where do you wanna go?" Lucas asks.

1. Patrol the Fringes (Orange)
2. Patrol Uptown (Blue)
3. Patrol the West Side (Orange)
4. Patrol around the border of the Grey-Area (Red)​

Welp, the only one that seems like a non-combat plot hook is the west side, so I guess that's where my vote is going.

I like the idea of going to the West Side, too. I'd actually like to know what that island is, but since they are just starting out, our heroes shouldn't overdo it, I guess. So instead, let's go to the nearest vicinity that isn't completely red - West Side, option 3.

The two new heroes decide to patrol West Side! Teal, the only one there with the ability to fly by manipulating the gravity around her, lifts herself off of the ground slowly as Cantral latches on tightly. Teal then quickly soars off through the city, taking a midflight MeSelfie as they pass Millenial Tower (TMG's HQ). After a few more minutes of flight, they make it to West-Side, one of the more slummish parts of the city with a moderate crime rate.

They land on top of a building and begin surveying the area. The place seems fairly normal for a while, Meeks, humans with no powers, and Anis alike just go about their normal day-to-day business. One Goat-like Ani stops at a food cart that has a big sign on top of it that says: SUPER DOG! THE BEST SLUGGING HOT DOG VENDOR IN THE ENTIRE CITY. Sounds....gross! The duo quickly snaps out of their Hot Dog fantasies when an alarm starts going off at an antique shop a few buildings down.

The two spring into action, making it over to the store in mere seconds! The scene is suspenseful; Three men dawned in big winter coats with black skimasks are robbing the store! Two of the men are armed with small handguns whilst the other one is looking around with a large sack in his hand. The biggest one has a respirator looking device around his mouth, you recognize the technology, its a voice modulator; though this one seems to be surgically attached to the man. He points the handgun at the cashier woman and calmly says: "Hey, this can go easy for ya'. Just tell my boy with the sack here where the goods are!"

What do you do?

1. Rush in powers-a-blazin!
2. Sneak in through the back stealthfully
3. Confront them peacefully

They have weapons. They are threatening people. Our characters are brand new heroes. I doubt they would hesitate before going on the offense, for better or for worse. Plus, there's the fact that right now they still have the element of surprise and would loose it if they don't attack immediately.

I vote 1

Yes, option 1, let's just do it. I can imagine the two of them being like "What could possibly go wrong?" Also, 3 isn't going to help much, and I'm not sure we should be losing time on option 2. Well, we'll see how this goes, haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back