• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Hereditary

Do we know what the current Slice looks like?
Also, what floor are we on?
If you put a window on a wall does it open to the other side of the wall or to the place depicted in the picture?

You do not. She prefers to keep herself low.
You are on the third floor.
If you draw a window and use Fairytale on it, it falls onto the ground and shatters. It cannot be used to create an instant doorway.

Ask the man who he is and what he wants.

"Who are you?" you shout through the door. "What are you doing here?"

Through the peephole, you can see that his expression never changes as he speaks back. "Hello there miss Mora. I am a friend. I've come to talk about your father. May I come in?" He says it in a chipper, upbeat tone, but it still sounds empty. You aren't sure if there is any real emotion besides what he says.

Well, I trust him immediately. No need to be discourteous.

Invite him in. Offer him a drink.

You open the door for this strange man.

But be ready for a quick exit if necessary.

With your hand ready to pull out a sword.

He walks to the table and sits down. You offer him a cup of cold tea. "No thanks," he says, "I don't need to consume a large quantity of physical matter." His smile never faltered as he spoke. You make yourself a cup of tea and sit down at the opposite end of the table.

"First off, I'm sorry about your dad," says the man. "Edward Buttons was a good man." There wasn't much for you to say but let out a sigh of sadness upon hearing that. "But if I am correct, you should have gotten his powers. Is that true?"

Answer with a solid "maybe". Ask him for verification that he can be trusted.

"The answer depends on whether or not you can be trusted," you say with a flat look.

"Don't worry pal," says the man. "Me and my other friends have been guarding secrets like yours for decades. While I am somewhat new to this compared to others, I can confirm that they have only used the information we have obtained to strike down people like Slicer and Ad Populam and to protect people who want to fight against the darkness of this world."

(Do we know Ad Populam?)

-Sip-

"Would that be the normal human darkness or something darker? Because I'm ambivalent about playing super cops and robbers but I do live here and will defend it if needed."

-Sip-

"Would that be the normal human darkness or something darker? Because I'm ambivalent about playing super cops and robbers but I do live here and will defend it if needed."

You ask that between sips of tea.

"Just normal human darkness, though you might occasionally have to use your powers to fight someone such as yourself. And you won't have to leave this town constantly. Just if you're willing to accept our pay every now and then."

(Ad Populam (or is that Ad Populum, as in Argumentum Ad Populum?), I'm going to take a swing at this as the power to convince groups of people of something untrue? Hits the top of the suspect list if I'm in the ballpark.)

"If you could forgive me Mr..."

-Blink-

"Not to be rude but, you never did answer my first question. Who are you?"

"If you could forgive me Mr..."

-Blink-

"Not to be rude but, you never did answer my first question. Who are you?"

"I don't have much in the way of a name," was his reply. "You can just call me Friend for now. It's better than S8-32."

I vote for more time to respond, unless there is something time critical in play.

"...OK. Right. Friend, it has been less than 24 hours since my father died. I'm not sure if it was murder or an accident but it was clearly something abnormal. I will find out, somehow. I have received his powers yet, perhaps naively, I haven't really thought about what that will mean to me. They were always his powers... I never gave it much thought, I thought I had decades-"

Stop to wipe tears from eye's before straightening up with a sniff.

"I have yet to even tell my Mum he's dead. Frankly Friend I have no earthly idea what I'm doing, where I'm going or what I'll do once I get there. Unless there is something time sensitive you have to tell me I'd really like to take a few days to see my Dad off."

"...OK. Right. Friend, it has been less than 24 hours since my father died. I'm not sure if it was murder or an accident but it was clearly something abnormal. I will find out, somehow. I have received his powers yet, perhaps naively, I haven't really thought about what that will mean to me. They were always his powers... I never gave it much thought, I thought I had decades-"

Stop to wipe tears from eye's before straightening up with a sniff.

"I have yet to even tell my Mum he's dead. Frankly Friend I have no earthly idea what I'm doing, where I'm going or what I'll do once I get there. Unless there is something time sensitive you have to tell me I'd really like to take a few days to see my Dad off."

Also ask how much he pays.

"The only thing we really need to work on now," began Friend. "Is a cover up story for your father's death. Everyone knows that he died at this point, they just need to look for unexplained disappearances that happened yesterday. Now, if you watch the news, you already know what happened. Shot by a random civilian during a seemingly random civilian uprising against him. The plan for his cover is quite simple and ingenious, if I do say so myself."

Friend leaned forward here and motioned for you to do the same. "Right now, a mock trial is being held for your late father. He is being tried for killing Fairytale. As far as the public knows, your father shot Fairytale in the head and got sent to an imaginary prison on an island that doesn't exist. He was killed there in a riot. That is the story everyone will hear. You won't be a suspect as the newest Fairytale, and the disappearance of your father at the same time as the death of Fairytale is explained. Two birds killed with one stone. I thought you should know this, it is crucial that you understand the fake circumstances if someone asks.

"Now, your father gained quite a large sum of money from working with us, and we have deposited most of the unused cash to you. So if you need some time to rest and recuperate, just check your bank account. It's enough to keep you fed for a while, and if you are willing to work with us in the future, you can go ahead and just ditch Smokey's now. Any questions?"

You really will have to think about this. It's a big decision. Ask how you will contact him in the future. And maybe subtly enquire about what kind of organization he's a part of.

You really will have to think about this. It's a big decision. Ask how you will contact him in the future. And maybe subtly enquire about what kind of organization he's a part of.

"So..." you begin, "How will I contact... whatever organization you are from in the future."

"For now, I am the link between you and S.O.G." He slides a card across the table with a picture of his eversmiling face and a phone number. "Just call that number if you want to join."

Wait. Does that mean we can't bury dad?!

What does S.O.G. stand for?

Point out that dad's stuff is now the target of every crazy and super-fan who is angry over Fairytails death. Hope they have someone watching his house since they painted the target.

Inquire into the current investigation of Dads death.

So, out of character question real quick: you have been asking for more time to respond. Do want me to always wait for two people to vote, or to schedule a time like 2:00 PM every day?

I mostly only answer immediately if someone is just asking a basic question that doesn't further the story. Most of the conversation with Friend has been that. You have asked him a lot of questions. Most of these questions don't do much besides give more information. I certainly would not respond immediately if one person made a post saying, "Punch friend in the face." Nobody but Jerry wants that. But asking Friend for his name is fine because that is just a request for information, and everyone wants information. There are not a lot of questions that would have negative side effects, and I won't respond instantly to those questions.

So... back to the first part, how long do you want me to wait before posting?

So, out of character question real quick: you have been asking for more time to respond. Do want me to always wait for two people to vote, or to schedule a time like 2:00 PM every day?

I mostly only answer immediately if someone is just asking a basic question that doesn't further the story. Most of the conversation with Friend has been that. You have asked him a lot of questions. Most of these questions don't do much besides give more information. I certainly would not respond immediately if one person made a post saying, "Punch friend in the face." Nobody but Jerry wants that. But asking Friend for his name is fine because that is just a request for information, and everyone wants information. There are not a lot of questions that would have negative side effects, and I won't respond instantly to those questions.

So... back to the first part, how long do you want me to wait before posting?

If its a rather relevant choice to the story, I suggest waiting maybe for 2 responses. Now if you think you wouldn't be able to gather 2 responses within a time you set, go ahead and post as such. (I just want others to get some input before we move along, but if you know for sure one response is the only response you'll get, go with it.)

Just go with what you feel is right. You can set a time limit to keep things moving, but keep information flowing as is appropriate.

Alright. Now that that's handled, lets get back to the RP.

Wait. Does that mean we can't bury dad?!

What does S.O.G. stand for?

Point out that dad's stuff is now the target of every crazy and super-fan who is angry over Fairytails death. Hope they have someone watching his house since they painted the target.

Inquire into the current investigation of Dads death.

You stop to think further on what he said a second ago.

"Wait. Who's burying dad?"

"His corpse is gonna be sent to you in a couple of days," says Friend. "That's when a funeral will happen. It needs to wait a bit though so the time makes sense with our story."

"That reminds me," you start, "that all of the people who are angry over Fairytale's death are gonna be pretty ticked off that my dad 'killed' Fairyale. I'm gonna get some protection, right?"

Friend opens his mouth to speak, but then stops. "Admittedly, it wasn't my plan. Either the higher ups at S.O.G. thought of that already and have a plan, or the writer missed a plothole."

"That reminds me, what the heck does S.O.G. stand for!" you shout that out a little louder than you should have.

"It stands for Shades of Grey. It is the power of the founder, but good luck finding any info on it anywhere."

Ensure he really doesn't want a drink.

You sigh and have a sip of your tea. Your cup is empty. As you go to the fridge for more, you ask Friend, "you sure you don't want anything to drink?"

"I'm fine, don't worry, " reassures Friend, "I don't need to drink your leaf juice." Despite everything, you chuckle at this comment.

As you sit back down, you voice one last question on your mind. "So who actually killed dad?"

Friend stops smiling upon hearing that. "That's... a depressing story you probably don't want to hear. We know who did it out of the crowd, he just... well.... killed himself, shortly afterwards." Your jaw drops. "Yeah, sorry about that," continues Friend, "Probably puts a damper on the tea."

"So... Is that killed himself or "killed himself" like dad's "gone to prison"? I get the impression that S.O.G. disappears problems quite often. Sorry, it's just, all so very neat. Is that the kind of work you want me to do?"

"So... Is that killed himself or "killed himself" like dad's "gone to prison"? I get the impression that S.O.G. disappears problems quite often. Sorry, it's just, all so very neat. Is that the kind of work you want me to do?"

"Oh no no no," reassured Friend as the smile reappeared on his face. "S.O.G. doesn't do that kind of thing. We like to keep our hands clean when possible."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back