• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Closed Help to understand vertical-align

Lady Tinfoil

Medium Dumb
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hiiii everyone! I just got back into roleplaying after a three-year-long hiatus and am re-learning BBCode!

I'm trying to figure out how to use vertical align to have text vertically centered inside of a column. Example:

I want this text in the center​

I might just be being dumb but I cannot figure out how to do it lmao. Thanks for any help!

Does surrounding the text with
Code:
[center][/center]
work?

Edit: sorry if this isn't what you're looking for, I'm sick and brain don't work

Does surrounding the text with
Code:
[center][/center]
work?

Edit: sorry if this isn't what you're looking for, I'm sick and brain don't work
Oh, no worries! Tysm! I’m looking for vertical centering. The text is horizontally centered in the box, I’m trying to put it in the center center by also vertically centering it. I saw it mentioned as a div function that’d go something like “vertical-align: center”, I just can’t figure out how to get it to apply to the text in relevance to the column

Ohh okay yeah that makes sense... and is definitely out of my wee little skillset lol
I hope you find what you're looking for!

vertical-align is for aligning things in the same line as normal text, stuff like inline icons.

To get the text center, you'd probably have to add display: flex; flex-flow: column; justify-content: center.

vertical-align is for aligning things in the same line as normal text, stuff like inline icons.

To get the text center, you'd probably have to add display: flex; flex-flow: column; justify-content: center.

OOOH, tysm! I misunderstood what it does. I'll give that a try!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back