Help me develop the Dark Globe multi-genre setting

Kairo said:
*prepares to fire an arrow.
You can call the event "The Harvest" - and it happens once every 2000 years. Or something like that.
Please, I don't wanna end up like Xan.

so you are saying that the invasion happens every 2000 years?

I think I am going with Harvesters right now....Harvesters of the Void....

But keep pitching, because I am not 100% satisfied with it, and as mentioned: total OCD.

I don't mind stealing :)

Still on Harvesters though.

Just a little history lesson on the Templars....

They actually called Knight Templars, or simply Templars. In 1309 AD, they were persecuted and arrested on false charges - which just fits the game perfectly. This is the time where the cult really begins to gain power.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone asked me some very good questions that I will try to answer here. Feel free to make suggestions.

- How are orbs destroyed?

Depending on its size and power, the Orb can be destroyed by the collective effort of at least 3 Empowered characters. They must be uninterrupted while maintaining a powerful buildup of Orb energy that is required to destroy the Orb.

An Orb is given a Power/Size rating of 1-10, where 1 is hand sized and 10 is up to 50 meters in diameter. Power and Size are directly correlation. To destroy an orb, each Empowered character must make a successful Close Dimension power for at least 3 times the Size of the Orb.

When an orb is destroyed - depending on its type - it crumbles while simulatenously emitting a powerful energy wave that can be seen as a colourful ray of light. The Orb also lets out a high-pitched sound that continues to grow in intensity.

This releases the energy of the orb within. When it is done, the energy field retracts and in milliseconds, there is only dust left.

Titles for those with Orb Powers:

The Enlightened, The Awakened. The Empowered, 
The first scenario for Dark Globe has been written, using the Apocalypse World rules (specifically the Dungeon World version). Here's the pitch:

The Marseille Conundrum

An introductory scenario for the Dark Globe setting using Apocalypse World

The Pitch

In the fall of 1309 AD, rumours of the collapse of several cities in southern Europe begin to surface in the city of Paris, one of the strongholds of the Templdefugees tell stories of an evil presence capable of destroying entire cities. Most of these rumours concern the city of Marseille; it appears to be under attack by unknown, superior forces.

The characters are experienced and powerful heroes, loosely or directly connected to the Templars. They’re tasked with infiltrating the city of Marseilles to find the truth behind the collapse and stop its destruction.

I am taking out all the setting data from this thrad to begin a new cleaner one. it well

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back