Food Help! Ever Get 'The Munchies'?

Daisie

Strangely regular (better than the usual bizarre!)
Roleplay Type(s)
Hiya!
Have you ever gotten 'The Munchies' before? You kinda feel snacky, and you want something small and light to crunch down on, that doesn't take a whole lot of time to prepare?
Well, I get that all the time.

So, if you may, could you pretty please post some of your best, easy, quick recipes for 5-10 minute snacks? :D

And no, pre-prepared things do not count, such as chips, french fries, crackers, ect. Unless you make them yourself. :) Gotta be from a recipe!

Things that do count are celery with peanut butter, toasted bread with peanut butter and bananas, things like that! They may take hardly any preparation at all, but still!

Thank y'all! Happy Snacking~!

ooh.
This one's legit.
K, so.
You melt a buncha chocolate chips in a bowl.
Arrange chow mein noodles in nice little piles on a pan
Spoon the liquid chocolate on top of it
Then freeze the chocolate.
Chow mein/chocolate cookies.
10/10

ooh.
This one's legit.
K, so.
You melt a buncha chocolate chips in a bowl.
Arrange chow mein noodles in nice little piles on a pan
Spoon the liquid chocolate on top of it
Then freeze the chocolate.
Chow mein/chocolate cookies.
10/10
Neato! I'll keep that in mind. :)

Apples and peanut butter are honestly my go-to munchies killer. If you cut a whole apple and eat it all, you'd be surprised. It's actually really filling. >_<

If you're allergic to nuts, well there's always smoothies. I wake up so late often in the morning, I only have 5-10~ minutes to make something and eat it for my breakfast with everything else I have to do to get ready for the day. So I get out the blender, take out the milk, put in some frozen fruit (though unfrozen works too, it's just that I prefer having my smoothies be more "slushie" like, lol) and add a bit of sugar or cream and blend it. Pour it into the largest possible cup we have and chug it down. Then I'm full for the next four hours until lunch time! xD

Apples and peanut butter are honestly my go-to munchies killer. If you cut a whole apple and eat it all, you'd be surprised. It's actually really filling. >_<

If you're allergic to nuts, well there's always smoothies. I wake up so late often in the morning, I only have 5-10~ minutes to make something and eat it for my breakfast with everything else I have to do to get ready for the day. So I get out the blender, take out the milk, put in some frozen fruit (though unfrozen works too, it's just that I prefer having my smoothies be more "slushie" like, lol) and add a bit of sugar or cream and blend it. Pour it into the largest possible cup we have and chug it down. Then I'm full for the next four hours until lunch time! xD
Oooh, I love apples and peanut butter. I just... kinda forgot about it! Thanks!! :D

Smoothies are really good too. But we're not in a position where we can make them all that often... :(

I looovveeee goat cheese and salami toasted sandwiches. I also make a lot of butter and avocado toast.

Or pizza rolls. I also eat a lot of pizza rolls.

I looovveeee goat cheese and salami toasted sandwiches. I also make a lot of butter and avocado toast.

Or pizza rolls. I also eat a lot of pizza rolls.
Cool! Though they're not really stuff I'd eat, myself, I'm glad it works for you! ^^

Pizza rolls tho... Are le best.

I'm happy with a big bowl of jazmine rice. Takes about 5 minutes to cook and you just add a little bit of salt and a little bit of butter then bon appetite. If I don't have jazmine rice then white rice with some soy sauce is always an alternative. Rice for the win.

I'm happy with a big bowl of jazmine rice. Takes about 5 minutes to cook and you just add a little bit of salt and a little bit of butter then bon appetite. If I don't have jazmine rice then white rice with some soy sauce is always an alternative. Rice for the win.

You know, in Philippines, eating rice with soy sauce is considered an act of poverty.

It seems that here in America, eating rice with soy sauce is a delicacy.

Funny thing, huh?

I'm gonna just throw this out there:
Wild rice is actually really, really good and I like it better than normal white rice. (because I don't have it as often)

Ooh! Yeah, that's also sorta one of mine, too. Rice is easy to cook, and goes with a lot of stuff. I personally have mine just buried in a mushroom gravy, lol.

Bagels with cream cheese.
Yep, yep! Classic, but it never fails!

You know, in Philippines, eating rice with soy sauce is considered an act of poverty.

It seems that here in America, eating rice with soy sauce is a delicacy.

Funny thing, huh?

Interesting and indeed it is quite a peculiar thing. I find it rather fascinating how certain customs in the West have different connotations in the orient.

Ooh! Yeah, that's also sorta one of mine, too. Rice is easy to cook, and goes with a lot of stuff. I personally have mine just buried in a mushroom gravy, lol.

Oh my.

mine is homemade funnel cakes... they're nearly as good as the fairground type, but it's hard to get them that 'pretty'... not that it matters.

simply mix up a basic pancake batter or find a funnel cake recipe online, pour it into a plastic bag, cut off a corner of the bag and drizzle mixture into a hot deep fryer. allow to fry until lightly golden, then carefully remove and place on paper towels to get rid of excess grease.

you can dust them with powered sugar, drizzle with candy syrup and top with gummy candy like i do... or make up your own toppings. i personally don't like it, but fruit is a popular one.

you can also recreate the deep fried chocolate bars, candy and ice cream by dipping it in the same type of batter then frying it... last one is messy though.

now go forth and shame healthy eating, my fellow sugar fiends!

mine is homemade funnel cakes... they're nearly as good as the fairground type, but it's hard to get them that 'pretty'... not that it matters.

simply mix up a basic pancake batter or find a funnel cake recipe online, pour it into a plastic bag, cut off a corner of the bag and drizzle mixture into a hot deep fryer. allow to fry until lightly golden, then carefully remove and place on paper towels to get rid of excess grease.

you can dust them with powered sugar, drizzle with candy syrup and top with gummy candy like i do... or make up your own toppings. i personally don't like it, but fruit is a popular one.

you can also recreate the deep fried chocolate bars, candy and ice cream by dipping it in the same type of batter then frying it... last one is messy though.

now go forth and shame healthy eating, my fellow sugar fiends!
Wow! I never thought of doing that!
Nice find, Spookie Spook! ^^

Wow! I never thought of doing that!
Nice find, Spookie Spook! ^^

you're welcome, i came up with this when i was like... 9? 10? it sure did impress my friends, anyway ^^ maybe i'll share some of my other junk food recipes later.

It doesn't help with the munchies, but it's simple on a campout.
Ingredients NEEDED :
Tinfoil
butter
Meat
A fire
Ingredients wished for:
Any spices you want
Any other meat you want
Any vegetables (preferably diced, or cut into chunks.)
If you want, you can add sauces.
You could add cheese.
Heck, if you were super brave, you could mix fruit in there too.

Steps:
1 Spread out tinfoil
2 Lightly butter, so nothing sticks
3 Add everything together
4 Close tinfoil (neatly, crumpled, doesn't matter)
5 Toss onto fire (Preferably in the coals)
6 Check every five minutes after about the twenty-twenty five-thirty minute mark
7 Unwrap tinfoil
8 Run hand under cold water; Even first year boy scouts know not to touch that right after it's in the fire!
9 Eat (probably with a fork)

It doesn't help with the munchies, but it's simple on a campout.
Ingredients NEEDED :
Tinfoil
butter
Meat
A fire
Ingredients wished for:
Any spices you want
Any other meat you want
Any vegetables (preferably diced, or cut into chunks.)
If you want, you can add sauces.
You could add cheese.
Heck, if you were super brave, you could mix fruit in there too.

Steps:
1 Spread out tinfoil
2 Lightly butter, so nothing sticks
3 Add everything together
4 Close tinfoil (neatly, crumpled, doesn't matter)
5 Toss onto fire (Preferably in the coals)
6 Check every five minutes after about the twenty-twenty five-thirty minute mark
7 Unwrap tinfoil
8 Run hand under cold water; Even first year boy scouts know not to touch that right after it's in the fire!
9 Eat (probably with a fork)
I'm not even a boy scout and I know not to touch something metal after it's in a fire. XD

Well, I'm not really a camper, but I suppose it's an interesting idea! I'm sure it's good.

Bump, and also,
Banana boats!
Slice open a banana.
Roast it for a while (30 second-2 minutes, probably somewhere in there)
When it comes out, add whatever ye want! Chocolate, sprinkles, ice cream, whipped cream, sprinkles, caramel sauce, strawberries, or even sprinkles!
Best eaten with a spoon/fork.
Will be hot after heating.

Bump, and also,
Banana boats!
Slice open a banana.
Roast it for a while (30 second-2 minutes, probably somewhere in there)
When it comes out, add whatever ye want! Chocolate, sprinkles, ice cream, whipped cream, sprinkles, caramel sauce, strawberries, or even sprinkles!
Best eaten with a spoon/fork.
Will be hot after heating.
Mmmmmm, that sounds pretty good. Nice suggestion!

Will be hot after heating
Also that is my new status update, hang on XD

most of what i eat is pre-made because i barely have any energy for anything, but my go-to depression meal is easy mac lol. all you need to prepare it is water and 2 minutes so it probably doesnt count. if i make normal macaroni, while the noodles are in the colander i mix butter, milk, and some real cheddar cheese together so that the cheese melts evenly and smoothly into the milk, and then i add the powdered cheese. after that i pour the noodles into the mixture and stir it up. it tastes better and is better for you, and has the texture of normal macaroni (i wont eat macaroni where they throw real cheese on top of the noodles instead of mixing it into the milk because i cant stand the texture lol)

sometimes i make grilled cheese in a pan, but in addition to cheese and white bread, i put on some tomato or pizza sauce. i only ever eat plain pizza but you could probably throw on pepperoni or bacon bits or w/ever youd like in a pizza sandwich. it only takes a few minutes to make which is really nice, you just gotta flip it and be careful the bread doesnt burn. easy clean up too, since its just a pan and a spatula (unless youre feeling brave and wanna flip it with your fingers)

^you can also grill chocolate pieces and marshmallows between two pieces of bread and its rly weird but fucking delicious ok

pancake mix is really convenient too, some brands you can make it with both either just water, or with milk and eggs (and sometimes other ingredients) instead, so depending on how much time or energy you want to spend you can have better tasting pancakes. im bad at making them in pans vs a griddle tho so u gotta watch them carefully. you can also throw in chocolate chips or berries or something into the batter.

sometimes hot chocolate is a rly nice snack and if you make it with real milk it can be filling

i know you said no pre-made stuff but pre-made protein shakes are really nice for when you dont want to spend any time cooking but need a meal/snack.

Most of my snacks that I eat are pre-made, unfortunately. Little Debbies, saltine crackers, yogurt topped with granola, popcorn with pretzels, packets of sweets, and chocolates. I rarely ever prepare myself actual food, even if it's instant. My meals consist of all snacks.

Though, when I do cook, it's something simple. Apple slices or celery slicks topped with peanut butter is one of my favorites. I'm also a big fan of soups. Most of the time, it's the classic chicken noodle (shockingly not canned) but I try to whip up some broccoli cheddar when I have the chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back