• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic ℋ℮їґṧ: SIGMA (Sci-Fi/Powers/Interstellar Warfare RP)

Raijin
"That's good to hear, and I understand what it means to take a hit like that. Some things you can't control but if you need to talk about it let me know okay?"
Raijin smiled as he listened to the voice message. He needed someone to talk to. It's been years since he found himself so... alone. There had been no one who could understand. Maybe she could...

"Ughh..." Hammer stirred from his sleep. As Raijin got his wounds treated, Hammer received his prosthetic organs and was recovering quite well.

"You finally awake yet, Hammer?"

"Wish I wasn't," mumbled the soldier.

"Well, too bad. We need to get you some food."

"Don't the doctors bring you food?"

"That's what I thought, but we're getting discharged as soon as they do a final check on you once you're awake."
As Raijin said that, two medical assistants went and begun their tests.

"It should only take a minute,"
said one of them. Raijin nodded, waiting for the two to finish examining Hammer. It took a bit over two minutes, but he won't hold it against them.

"Your stupid thrusters did more damage to us than the actual enemy," commented Hammer.

"Those 'stupid thrusters' saved us from the nukes, didn't they?"

"Yeah... but wouldn't have have lost a kidney if we didn't fly at half the speed of sound through a hallway."

"Are you questioning my judgement call, Private?"

"No, sir! By the way, why do you keep calling me Private? It says Sergeant on my IFF tag."

"I...never noticed... I'll explain later. For now, let's go and eat. I'll fill you in with our mission details."

"Mission details?"

"Yeah, we're going to the Cesena Fragments looking for something related to some super weapon that wiped us out twice before. I wasn't here for that, nor was I awake. I was still in cyrosleep."

"Alright... but, shouldn't you have a Fireteam?"
That hit a sensitive spot.

"Hammer, please don't bring that up until I'm ready to talk about it. Heck, I have a lot of things that I'm not ready to talk about. But know this: I'm glad you're alive. I can't lose anymore people in my life."

Hammer was silent. The pair were silent for the trip to the mess hall. They ate quickly and then returned to Raijin's barracks, where they discussed the mission. When Engineering sent them messages indicating the repairs on their suits were complete, Hammer went to sleep and Raijin went to start on all the paperwork that needed to be handled after the loss of Fireteam Mako.

(Alright, new ARC)

DM

A month passes since Operation THROWDOWN, the military op that managed to stop the Smierc Collective's assault fleet in Portus' orbit. New Union scouts reported that the living conditions of Portus has gotten much worse, with the enemy cracking down on civilian rebels and trying to rat out any remaining New Union operatives. Some rumor that Portus will even be starved out as a form of punishment for harboring the New Union during Operation THROWDOWN, dropping morale for those who participated.

New intelligence has popped up regarding the Cesena-01 Fragments, currently under the control of the Smierc Collective. Intel suggests that the Smiercs are ramping up some sort of activity in recent weeks, as more and more supply ships were recorded jumping into the area nearby. Coupled with the Smierc's prototype superweapon blueprints recovered by Fireteam Nexus, signs point to a massive build up of the devastating green wave bombs.

The New Union, not willing to risk losing the thin stalemate in naval engagements, decides to send out a Sabre Corps / Twisted Wolves taskforce to the Cesena-01 Fragments in order to figure out what the Smiercs are up to, and to disable their plans if able. New Union High Command fears that the Elders might be involved as well, considering the status of Cesena-01 in the past.

ARC 4: Inheritance

NPC Commanders:

- Captain Nuremberg

Starting Locations

- New Union: In your own ships of the Scouting Fleet Spero. Feel free to use the NUSS Artemis III as a backdrop if you want, or other ships of your own designation for intro purposes.

Current Time: 10:00 AM NUST / April 28th, 2540 CE

Bill
Ohhhhh. That's brutal. I grimace at the news of the cruelty on Portus.

I quietly put a hand on a wall, close my eyes, and sigh. Best get ready-I hear there is another mission. I may not be able to help Portus again, but I can wreck the Smiercs' plans. And hopefully put a wrench in their conquest. True, I hear this mission is mostly about finding stuff out, but investigating wouldn't hurt for future missions.
Giving my DES, Heavy Drone, and BEP one last look, I head to briefing in the NUSS Artremis II.

Last edited:
Raijin

It's been one month. A month of paperwork, visits and mourning... I don't know if I can take it...Raijin had spent the one month since Operation THROWDOWN tracking down all the families of the ill-fated Fireteam Mako. All eleven casualties of the Fireteam have been accounted for. Am I really fit to be a leader? The Twisted Wolves would be an equally promising way for me to defend the Sector. I would have free roam, not limited by the New Union... No. I'll just become one of those that put me in this situation. There are rules for a reason.

Raijin sat up from his bunk. He had been reassigned to Fireteam Comet, as Command didn't feel like they could trust a man that got an entire squad killed before the even got off the transport ships to lead a Fireteam. But to be perfectly honest, it was their fault for not briefing him on the operation and sticking him in stasis until the last possible moment. Those guys honestly just don't want to admit they screwed up. Still... it was partially my fault... Nope!

Raijin got out of his bunk. Most of the Fireteam had already gotten, but there were a few stragglers. Raijin decided to take a quick shower before heading to the armory to gear up. Raijin's custom KAISYS had been tinkered again by the New Union, but this time, he was allowed some input. He took 5 minutes to shower and get dressed in the undersuit for the the KAISYS.

Upon reaching the armory, he found his suit in full working conditions, with several optimizations. Command basically had to beg engineering to put some counter measure against Raijin's powers. Their solution: feed the super conductor into the Adaptive RCS, to reduce the strain on the core and allow cool lightning bolts to fly out while Raijin uses it. Speaking of the Adaptive RCS, Engineering improved it so that it won't give people a ruptured kidney as soon as it's activated. He also checked on his Remington revolver and his DES-Tesla Variant, now with absolutely nothing better about it. After a final check, he had his armor taken to the the Fireteam locker room.

Before heading to briefing, he remembered the woman from Fireteam Arclight: Adeliina. He needed someone to talk to, after all he's been through, but now's not the time. Raijin instead called Hammer, waking him from his sleep to remind him to get to briefing on time. Raijin himself then went to briefing, finding several members of Fireteam Nexus already there.

GearBlade654 GearBlade654 Kabboom Kabboom Henrypika Henrypika

Last edited:
The sounds of a punching bag being worked at could be heard, though this time it wasn't me beating the crap out of it. It was one of my transfers, Corproal Jacobin, who was the Fireteam's first and currently only Frontline Operative. He hadn't much of a place with us, but he was a trained and certified field medic, so I trusted him. I braced against the bag as he let punches loose, making a wuick gesture for him to stop.

"Whoo, you hit hard, Corporal. Nice to have for with Omaha." I said with a grin. He flexed and glanced at me.

"Before I transfered I heard about the losses of your fireteam, anything to say about that?" He asked. I wanted to say he was interrogating me, but I let it slide this once.

"Well, Corporal, in my opinion and from a tactical standpoint, we were outnumbered, and we are very... limited, in our options. Now that we have a medic, such as the expertise of yourself, our losses should be minimal." I said to him with a nod before turning and heading to my quarters. I didn't want to hear his response, moreout of anxiety than anything, and I had a breifing to attend. I quickly showered, readied up and got geared up. I entered the briefing room, helmet in hand and rifle slung behind one arm.

"Morning, ladies and gents." I said with a slight bow before sitting down. I looked tired, and that is because I am. I hadn't slept well for days at a time due to my own thoughts plaguing my mind.

*Targeting alert-Targeting alert-Targeting alert*

Flashing lights and the blare of the Smiercs native language filled Ilik's ears as he ensured that his gear was properly secured to his person. While most would have worried, he cared little as the ship shook and jolted under his feet. This was far from the first time he had infiltrated a Smierc controlled planet, and it would not be the last as far as he was concerned. Ignoring the jarring snaps and shakes as Smierc anti-air fire rocked the stolen craft, Ilik couldn't help but grin.

His prey was getting smarter.

He may not have known how to land these crafts crafts he stole, but what he certainly did know at this point was each ship had their own identification number. It just surprised him that despite not being the creator of the technology, he figured out they could track him with the numbers eight planets ago. This was the first time they were ready for him, and it was honestly thrilling. It had been a while since his last fight. Almost two years in space was.... loathsome, but it was always worth the pay off once he got groundside. And at least this battle seemed like it would be more upfront than the Smierc fleeing before him that had been the last couple of hunts.

*Impact alert-Impact Alert-Impa-*

Smashing a fist into the console, the metal and the components of the speaker crumpled under the chitin clad fist silencing the never ending jabber of the alert system. He didn't care much for the Smierc language anyhow. It grated on his ears and did little other than anger him. He liked the screams though. Those amused him greatly.

Another shot slammed into the outer hull of the ship and caused the ship to tumble, but Ilik kept himself steady enough with his grip and arms even as the ship spun.

Minutes later he only just kept himself from being slammed into the front of the ship when it finally slammed into the ground. The metal creaked harshly and Ilik could hear parts of the metal shear off from the force of the crash landing, but he didn't care much. He'd find a different craft when it was time to leave after all. Feeling the craft finally grind to a halt in the dirt. Moving toward the side of the craft, the Maullo'o slammed his four fists into the door, ripping it clean off it's hinges and sending it spinning out into the low gravity.

Stepping out onto the dirt, Ilik cast his eyes about, realising he had not landed on a planet, it would seem. Instead it appeared to the an asteroid system of some sort. That coupled with the feel of the parasite feeding him the air he needed, it was clear the the Maullo'o that he had not landed anywhere where he'd expected to.

The only option now was to look for a way off the rock.

Last edited:
I woke up in cold sweats as I clung on to my drenched sheets. It was the same dream, more like a vivid simulation of a distant memory. The blood and brains of my mother, her blank stare as I got taken away.

I shook the memory off and got out of my bunk, nobody else in here with me just yet, I would probably be moved as soon as I get assigned to a team. I quickly hopped in the shower and scrubbed the sweat I produced off of my body before stepping back out and drying myself off with a roughly textured towel.

The cold air brushed against my damp legs as I slowly dragged my feet towards my undersuit. Nobody met me yet, first impressions shouldn’t be done without clothes I suppose. I put on my undersuit after some time before I eventually put on my KAISYS suit and set up my Optic Camouflage and turned my right eye back on so I wasn’t half blind. Much better, much more presentable, and way more badass. I fumbled around for my weapons inside of my room before finding my standard issue rifle and pistol. I swiftly equipped them, my rifle slung over my shoulder and my pistol holstered to my hips.

Now that I was armed, I grabbed some of my pills and shoved them in a vacant pocket in my KAISYS suit, due to the fact that I needed them to aim, and made my way to the briefing room. Once I arrived I quickly slipped inside and sat down in a random seat to avoid attention. However, I ended up sitting next to a man with black, spiky hair along with a blue hoodie that has a black combat vest layered over it, a mistake despite my intentions to sit alone. After catching a glimpse of what I assumed to be one of my teammates I looked forward and stayed silent, hoping that I wasn’t too awkward looking.

QizPizza QizPizza LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 GearBlade654 GearBlade654 (and whoever else is in briefing)

Last edited:
Adeliina Spadania(Arclight 3)// Status: Agitated, Stressed
FireTeam: Arclight

I look upon the Artemis in all it's glory from the cockpit window.
I look to Chief as he tells to me to get ready to disembark and that we were docking soon.
The cabin and air lock pressurized and the ships doors opened as I stepped out heading straight for the briefing room.
It was crazy to think that it had been almost a month already since I had seen the interior of the Artemis.
Fireteam Arclight had been reassigned to the NUSS Icarus shortly after operation Throwdown.

The move wasn't without it's requirements. During this time I had been superceded by command and instead of being commended was introduced to the new fire team leader CPT Larson. A by the book individual who's only telling feature was his lack of a personality.
His dissemination skills however were without equal as he felt it almost beneath him to attend the brief and sent myself in his place.
The only reason he walked behind me now was that Commander Hart ordered it, I doubted this man would stay in command for long.

I turned down another corridor as I realized who else would attend. Raijin had yet to message me since the few V messages we sent. I was eager to know if everything had worked out, and if the gunnery sergeant was still holding up.

I entered the briefing room giving a quick salute to the officers in the room before taking my seat as always pulling up my notes to ready myself for the information that would be briefed. The new fireteam leader sat beside me cutting off any chance for me to speak to Raijin, or Team Omaha's CPT as he continued to complain about being present in person for the brief and not doing it over hud screen.

Perambulation Perambulation
QizPizza QizPizza
LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87
BubbleButt BubbleButt
GearBlade654 GearBlade654

J

Goddamn. Same shit, different day, huh? Can't get enough with this goddamn New Union. Go do this, 'for the people', go kill that, 'for the people', go investigate a rock, 'for the people'. Despicable bums in the military bureaucracy having a little clash of personalities (not that they have any), and innocent young men have to die in their stead. If I was in charge of this damn Union, I'd send the generals to die first, to hell with war!

But enough of that. I would do that if I was in charge, but I'm not. I have something else to do. Something a bit more... complicated than what meets the eye, I'd presume. I've ordered my AI to look up all possible information available on any and every previous military or civilian operation, project, or interest in the godless rock called Cesena-01, and the results don't make me feel lucky one bit. Most of the entries turn out to be restricted information, or dead ends, tracing all the way back to the New Union's previous incarnations. Something something Federation. Beats me why they keep changing names.

The air you breathe, and the things you see before a big day just feels... very different. Everything seems bleak, quiet, and your soul is torn to pieces over anticipation and fear and nervousness, but calm at the same time. I can't really describe it, but that's all I can think of to try. I woke up early, having earned a relatively mediocre night's sleep onboard the NUSS Artemis III or whatever- I'm not even sure what ship this is. Usually Dav is the guy I go to for space-related business, including spaceships, but lately we've been a bit... busy. Or I've been busy, at least. Almost dying three or four times in a row usually makes you break a lot of sweat.

I've double-checked my gear, armor, ammunition, and weapons, and have been sitting around idly for a while, just staring mindlessly at my terminal screen, updating myself on equipment costs from all kinds of buyers and sellers. Found something that caught my eye. A little gauntlet gizmo, when activated, deploys 5 holo-blades, essentially making your fingers pointy knives that you can chop and stab with. I've got one ordered already. All the more reason for me to get out of this op alive. Hopefully.

As the call for briefing came, my Fireteam was ready, and they moved on without me, as they're not as much of a showman as I am. I had to finish retouching the Smierc swear words on my armor plating, and holster my holo-machete comfortably, before heading out. After a few strolls through the familiar, boring hallways, we end up in the briefing room.

The people inside were... a mix of old and new. I recognized Raijin, who unfortunately lost his entire Fireteam, except for that sound-muffler, Hammer. Hope he got out okay. I spot Ash as well. She seems tired, most likely from lack of sleep or some exhausting workout. To be frank, everyone is tired these days. After all, the atmosphere of crushing defeat really weighs down the human mind.

As we sat down, I spotted yet another familiar face, sitting just about behind me. She was part of that Fireteam, the one that saved Hammer and Raijin as they were pinned down by Smierc security forces during operation Throwdown. Passed her once or twice, since we all exfiltrated on the same dropship, or something along those lines. Even my own mind is starting to blur the memories together, making up new shit while distorting the old both when I'm asleep and awake.

I had opened my mouth, primed to initiate conversation, but then her Fireteam's leader, who was sitting next to her, caught my eyes (and ears). Typical complaints. Nothing worthy of note. Yikes. Rendered unseen by my helm, I give her a look of understanding and sympathy, before sitting down with a thunk, and I swear, I could feel the seat bending just a tiny bit under my weight. I then began toying with a miniscule green flame in my left hand, as more people filed into the room.

I rub my eyes and shake my head a bit, noticing J walk in. I give him a friendly smile and raise a hand in greeting, before my smile faltered as the new Captain kept up his complaining. I turned his was and glared until I got his attention. Once I finally I did, I began to tell him off.

"Look, buddy. Nobody hear wants to listen to your bullshit. Half of these guys have the same problems, but at least they have the decency to keep thier mouths shut. You may be a Fireteam Captain, but that doesn't give you the right to whine. So about you take your rank seriously and act like a Captain?" I finished, the edge of a growl in my face.

I sigh and look away, not bothering to dignify waiting for a response. He was obviously new blood, and if he wasn't... Then he is someone I'd be ashamed to be under. I got up and moved to say next to J, stifiling a yawn as I approached.

"Good morning, J. How you been?" I asked him.

Chak Chak

(Wait, where is your character right now? Cesena-01 Fragments are literally blown-up chunks of a former moon, with no atmosphere anymore. Only Smierc facilities built on the surfaces of the three largest fragments and various space stations in orbit)

Chak Chak

(Wait, where is your character right now? Cesena-01 Fragments are literally blown-up chunks of a former moon, with no atmosphere anymore. Only Smierc facilities built on the surfaces of the three largest fragments and various space stations in orbit)
(Unless I read the lore wrong, the Cesena-01 fragments are in orbit around the planet. Now I didn't know the full depth of the fragments and the stations on them, so I had Ilik land on the planet instead. Now this may seem counter productive, but Ilik is smart and knows that should he begin his hunt on the planet, not the fragements, then the Smierc on the fragments might escape[That and torture is a great method of information gathering]. So instead I'm going to have him hitching a ride on a cargo craft to the fragments. It may seem extrapolated and long a path, but it allows him a route that doesn't include flying a Smierc ship past the path of any human craft that may want to destroy a Smierc ship. Such as the one your characters are on right now haha.)

Chak Chak

(Oh, I think you might have misunderstood. The main Cesena, the planet, is a gas giant. Sorry about the confusion :/ )
(Oh, shame. I did then, I'm sorry about that. I must've mixed up the planets description with another one and thought they were the same. No worries then, I'll change the post to Ilik landing on a fragment then, his armour allows for space survival after all. I'll leave the time frame of the crash up to you however. That way he's not getting started without anyone, at least not yet. Do you have the general look and gravity standards for the moon, I expected to have a post from you describing them before I had Ilik on them.)

Chak Chak

(For facilities on the moon, artificial gravity should be enabled for about 2/3rds Earth gravity, since Smiercs prefer that; reminds of their natural gravity back home.)

QizPizza QizPizza

(So, you want to join my Fireteam, is that it? Just let me know, since that's my personal Fireteam :/ )

Chak Chak

(For facilities on the moon, artificial gravity should be enabled for about 2/3rds Earth gravity, since Smiercs prefer that; reminds of their natural gravity back home.)

QizPizza QizPizza

(So, you want to join my Fireteam, is that it? Just let me know, since that's my personal Fireteam :/ )
(I've got hi on one of the moon fragments now. Given his strength, 2/3rds low grav is going to be fun for him. I'll leave whe he landed up to you, would imagine it likely occurred near when the Wolves are going to land. His ship being hit by Anti air firse is likely a good cover for them to get in too.)

Adrian

An entire month passed by since Operation THROWDOWN. I've heard some of the rumors of Portus after that event. Just as I feared, the Smiercs are venting their frustrations on the innocent people of Portus. I made me sick in the stomach. I hope that Mr. Nantucket and the others are staying low. I can't forgive myself if I became a part of an event that led to people of my childhood to be executed.

"Captain Morrison, Fireteam Nexus is ready if you are."
"Understood Sergeant Amis. I'll be out in a minute."

Amis walked away from my locker as I finished donning my KAISYS Beta armor. I then walked over to the nearby armory to pick up my standard fair. The Type-BC HoloRifle. Funny how this HoloRifle, even after so many revisions, is still being used almost three centuries later. I'm pretty sure our technology got a lot better, but this rifle must have been so reliable to last that long.

With that said, I plodded towards Fireteam Nexus, who all rose up to give a brief salute. I returned it in my normal fashion, as I motioned for us to move to the briefing room. Captain Nuremberg is probably up for the briefing today, as with most of our other missions.

This entire month got my Fireteam mostly on hit-and-run missions. Just skirmishes with the Smierc in the Outer Territories to disrupt their supply lines. This is the first real mission since THROWDOWN, and I approach it rather apprehensively.

(Waiting on others to finish interactions before briefing)

Raijin
In the briefing room Raijin recognized J, Ash and Adeliine's communicators as well as two that he didn't recognize. One of the new guys sounded old, but very whiny. According Ash, that guy was a Captain. That guy's not setting a good example...but then again, who am I to talk? Everyone else in the room is all armored up and here I am sitting in just a tech suit. Still, out of everyone here, I'm the only one that runs a KAISYS Gamma, and those are NOT liked fit in briefing rooms. Especially if it's equipped with a Holo-mortar

From what Raijin could hear, the "Captain" was nagging Adeliina about her mission performance and complain about why he has to be here. Personally, Raijin did not want to be here, but after what happened a month ago, he would be happy to sit through an hour long briefing while taking detailed notes. But he can't write and briefings really shouldn't take that long. It took a few moments for Raijin to ignore the "Captain" and focus on other, less annoying, sounds in the room: like Ash's yawn and the crackle of J's flames.

Raijin gave Adeliina a small wave, but she couldn't notice him over the "Captain's" bantering. It would be a shame if the "Captain" suffered an "unfortunate accident" on account of Raijin's powers. Feeling mischievous, Raijin pointed a finger at the man and let loose a small bolt of electricity. It wouldn't hurt, just enough to make his hairs stand on end. The noble knight had to save the "damsel in distress".

As I sat in the room waiting for the briefing to start, more and more people started to fill the room at once. So much people had entered that apparently I could hear someone’s nagging over my own thoughts. It was some sort of captain that apparently had nothing better to do but nag and nag. He was screaming at some woman who I had only noticed just now, wearing some stealth-related armor similar to mine. God, I wanted to sock him hard, mainly to get his jaw shut. I couldn’t really do much though, I’d probably get a worse fate than the captain himself if I happened to punch him.

Apparently, I wasn’t the only one to think this way. The Captain kept nagging until suddenly one of my teammates gave him a cold glare, grabbing his undivided attention from the woman he was yelling at. The teammate had grey armor and a blue visor, his armor also appeared to be KAISYS alpha, most likely a sniper of some sort. The man had spewed a short rant to the CPT with the hopes to talk some sense in to him. Obviously the woman with the stealth armor and the sniper had some sort of relationship, otherwise she probably wouldn’t have defended her. Relationships are pretty cruel in military work, surprised people can even keep them here.

It wasn’t long after the rant before the woman sat back down and began an interaction elsewhere. Meanwhile the man sitting next to me seemed very upset with the captain as much as the sniper was. The man casually pointed his finger at the CPT and sent a small shock through him using his finger. It made me flinch a little, almost convincing me that he shot him, but he seemed alright. So that was his power? I hadn’t realized up until now. I switched my eye implant to thermal detection mode using the control panel on my wrist, making my eye glow brighter. I saw a lot of heat coursing through his body, most likely the electricity. I switched it back off and initiated a conversation with the man next to me ( QizPizza QizPizza ). I guess it’s better than knowing nobody.

“That’s a pretty neat power. I’ve always wondered what it would be like to be a human taser” I said in a somewhat joking manner.

QizPizza QizPizza Perambulation Perambulation LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 Kabboom Kabboom (and whoever else... you get it)

Last edited:
John Mieras
John didn't want to admit it, but Portus was in deep shit and no one could stop it for the time being. He couldn't stop it alone, but he could help the others trying to stop it.
Not for free of course.
He didn't much care for being in 'teams'. They fall apart all too quickly in the heat of battle and lead to chaos. So to him, its fighting with extra steps. Even then he didn't have much choice, if he wanted to be in the mission he had to be in the mission.

..... He made his decision a couple human hours ago
So here he sat, in the briefing room. Not knowing a soul in there, and not wishing to know anyone in there. His recon armour on, and his trusty holo-rifle on his back, he was ready for deployment.
(I hope I made this post correctly. I'm going to try to post better but I was not sure in how to post.)
Perambulation Perambulation QizPizza QizPizza LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 Kabboom Kabboom BubbleButt BubbleButt

Last edited:
Lappi Lappi

(Mind putting your character name on top on a separate line? And in future posts make sure dialogue is separate and bolded for clarity. This applies to everyone else too)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back