• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic ℋ℮їґṧ: SIGMA (Sci-Fi/Powers/Interstellar Warfare RP)

(I'm probably going to go dormant for a while since I'm going to be focused on school until I can manage both school and RP'ing at the same time again. Until then, let's just assume Miller got out, and Katherine is MIA.)

Perambulation Perambulation QizPizza QizPizza

"Kind of in a bad spot, and I lost sight of Katherine." I inform everyone over the comms, the sound of crystal bolts being fired, with the occaisional holo-bolt to combat them. I quickly rounded a corner and raised my handgun, keeping my aim steady for the firdt one to come across. Sure enough, one did and I quickly put it down with a headshot. I turned back around and kept sprinting, zig-zaggin to prevent being hit. I felt the sting of a crystal bolt digging into my shoulder blade and tried hard to not yelp out in pain. I rounded a few more corners, thinking for the moment I had lost my pursuers.

"Captain Ashley Miller.... Reporting in. I have no idea where I am... I have been seperated from my Fireteam and Corporal Katherine is also missing." I say through ragged breaths, my lungs burning. "Send me your coordinates, I will do my best to make it to the LZ." I told them, checking my surroundings. I swear this place is like a maze...

J

"Miller? Miller, you're still around! Alright! Sending you the coordinates now, reinforcements en route to you! Hang on! Don't die!" I yelled into the comms, adrenaline taking the better of me. I even forgot about the little "Over" you have to say at the end, instead focusing on not letting my LMG slip out of my hand, as I unleash a burst onto a few Mortus troops in support of Raijin's move.

This Raijin guy is very bold. Too bold. If he survives this operation, then he's not gonna survive the paperwork awaiting his ass back in debriefing. But let's not focus on that just yet. We're still not out of the woods. As I turn my head, I could spot a few Smierc troopers, with most likely defusing kits, who have managed to sneak into the engine room, and are defusing our damn nukes.

I whip my LMG around, and unleash a volley directly into the first target, turning him into a piece of Swiss cheese. The other troopers take cover, and begun firing back at me, making my IRESS flare up into bad colors. "Raijin, get out of there, we're blowing! Kat and Mill are safe, don't you die in their place!" I yelled into my tachyon comms, as I could spot the other ships exploding, their charges going off in an unsettling silence.

I turn around to my Fireteam members again. I immediately send Danny and John towards Miller's last known position, as my friend Dav counts down the nuke timer. 3... 2... 1...

It went off like a flare in front of me. I couldn't see shit.

I could feel a force hit my body, as I, along with basically everyone else, begun spiraling backwards, pushed by the blast. I don't know the exact thing that happens when you detonate a nuke in space, but I imagine this is what's supposed to happen. I can feel an incredible burning sensation within me, like I'm catching fire.

We were too close to the blast, it seems. But we were still alive. And that's what matters. That's about to change, however, as a piece of debris, and (what seems to be) a severed fragment of a Smierc face mask hits me square in the head, cracking my visor. I saw my oxygen meter flash red for a second, before disappearing from view. Panic hits me. Not again. Not again, not again, not again!

I begin to squirm and panic, flashbacks of my last op hitting me like a train.

I nod as the new coordinates pop into my HUD, taking a sharp left and running through the halls. I get close to where they were when an explosion rocked the ship, sending me stumbling into a wall. I burst into a door, startling two Smeirc, which were quickly put down. I look around through the smoky haze and find Joa. I quickly ran over to him, kneeling next to him. "Joa, Joa, you're fine!" I say, trying to calm him down. "Ok... Ah." I quickly check him over, finding no other wounds or comprimises.

"Ok, it's just your helmet that is cracked." I informed, then listened intently for any hisses of oxygen loss. I didn't hear anything and sighed in pure relief. "Good news, your suit isn't losing oxygen. Bad news, it's probably because of the debris in your helmet. Can you stand? Because we need to move." I told him, rising ando ffering a hand to help him up.

Raijin
"Raijin, get out of there, we're blowing! Kat and Mill are safe, don't you die in their place!"

"Thank God their safe..."
Raijin panted, after scrambling around the Smierc ship searching for his missing comrades.

"But what about us?"
asked Hammer, equally as tired "They're about to blow the ship in a minute, and we can't get out in time."

"You trust me Hammer?"
Raijin limped toward Hammer.

"Of course, sir."

"Then hang on for your dear life."
With that, Raijin picked Hammer princess-style and activated his thruster pack, pushing it as far as it can go without killing them.

The two burst through the ship's hallways at 300 miles per hour, meeting past several Mortus troopers on the way. Going at that speed though, the Mortus didn't even have time to process what happened before Raijin and Hammer was already a hundred feet past them. Sustaining Adaptive Fusion RCS for a whole second was not the longest Raijin had done, but it was the fastest he's ever gone with multiple injuries. When they reached the end pf the hallway, Raijin could barely stand.

Hammer wasn't doing much better either. The private wasn't used to such accelerations, but his suit kept him from dying. That was good. No point in wasting all that effort just to die.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beepbeepbeep.

Raijin wondered where that came from, until he sensed the explosive charge 5 feet away from the two. Pushing through his bodily limits, he grabbed Hammer again and pushed his thrusters to maximum output. It doesn't damn matter if we rupture an organ if we blow up and get turned into mush the other way.

The two crashed through a window on the ship, which cost Raijin his IRESS. Regardless, they were just barely clear of the ship when Raijin's thrusters overloaded and the charges on the ship exploded.

Damn. Is this the way it goes? Dying trying to save others. Was it pointless?

As Raijin contemplated his life, he realized he didn't feel the explosion. What the heck?

Oh. We're in space. Hah. But still, the shrapnel should be propelled should be propelled by the pressure wave created by the air inside the ship.

Looking back at Hammer, he realized what he did. Hammer had used Sonic negate the pressure waves in the area. It wouldn't have prevented them from blowing up, but it sure did, keep them from being impaled by shrapnel and debris. The two were floating toward the station from the momentum of their escape. Neither of them could move properly after the intense accelerations they endured. They were flying straight toward the planned LZ on the Smierc station. Lucky us, now if only I didn't have several ruptured capillaries.

"I don't disappoint J. Hope you weren't too worried about me." Raijin chuckled. "But right now, we're floating through space, and partially immobilized. I think we'll get to the LZ first, so we'll see what we can do while we wait. Over."

Wait a second...my suit's a KAISYS Gamma. I could've taken that blast no problem.... But then there's Hammer running a Beta...

J

Oh god. Oh god. Oh god oh god oh god. Not again, not again. I don't want to die, I don't wanna die, I don't wanna die! God, get me out of here! Someone! Anyone! I don't want to die in space! Cold, dead space! Empty! Far from home! Home! I wanna go home! Please, no more! No more, no more, no more!

Thoughts darted around in my head with no clear sign of stoppage, or a clear line of thought to be found. It was total chaos, and I could feel nothing but fear and panic, making a fool out of myself with my incessant flailing of limbs, unaware of the fact that the blast has placed most of us back in the station, by some unspeakable miracle.

I thought I would persist in my panic forever, if it weren't for Ash's timely arrival. She couldn't have timed her arrival any better. I snapped out of it, calming down with a puzzled "Huh?". Regaining my composure, I grabbed my LMG, and took her hand, getting myself on my feet.

"Whew. Thanks. Where's Katherine?" I asked her, as I gestured for my Fireteam to get on their feet. I see on my HUD, Raijin and Hammer are in space, with inertia pushing them towards us. "Copy that Raijin. Don't leave without us. Over." I said to them over the comms, while arming my LMG. Since our fleet has jumped into position, the Smierc are no doubt on full alert. Mortus Troopers could be flooding this place any time now.

Adrian

Despite the intense fire from both Smierc and friendly forces, I manage to outline a safe LZ within reach with the help of Noa, my AI. Painting the LZ with target indicators, I send the coordinates to the dropship extraction force coming to pick us up.

"All units, be advised. I'm sending the coordinates for the LZ now. We need to defend this LZ until we can make it out, over!"

With that said, I led Fireteam Nexus into a defensible position by the communications tower. The LZ is located on the other side, shielded from most AA fire by other, disabled Smierc destroyers and cruisers, all burning up thanks to our nuclear charges. While ordering Sergeant Amis to lead the more inexperienced members to safer zones, I get a notification from Noa.

"Adrian, I've got something here. From what I can translate, it seems to be blueprints of some kind... Wait. Oh my goodness..."

With that said, I quickly asked Corporal Ingris to cover my position as I make my way to the nearest Smierc data terminal. Using the connection tool, I got into their system and allowed Noa to extract the relevant data. As Noa fed the information to me, I found myself gasping as well.

"It can't be... This is... the schematics of the EMP? Looks like they've been finalizing the design for their planned assault with their Portus attack fleet...", I say to myself.

With that said, this information must be passed onto New Union High Command. This could turn the tide of the entire war...

Adeliina Spadania(Arclight 3)// Currently aboard drop vessel//DV124 Status: Irritated

The ship rumbled against the turbulent atmos, as this hunk of metal also notably coined speed coffin was maintaining max altitude due to lack of a proper LZ.
Many of the troops aboard were getting nervous, or asleep getting rest now since they had none the hours prior in preparing for this recovery op.
I unbuckled myself and proceeded to the forward cabin the pilots cockpit. "We need to land soon, Chief any status on those cords?" I asked directly and with purpose. " We understand your frustration but please bear with us, comms are shit and this turbulence isn't helping matters" To that I simply nodded as I walked out he began barking orders to the co pilot about the LZ. "Men wake up!" they are startled when I enter and now their eyes are on me. "We have had a lack of time to prepare, a lack of intent by our command for this mission, and we are not completely sure of the enemy sit-temp on the ground. But our boys are down there and We are going to bring them home. Stand proud for the Corps now we begin H hour in 2 mikes!" "Roger Sergeant!" the other members of the three separate fire teams announced now motivated and focused on the mission at hand. I turn from them grabbing my helmet and allowing it to connect me through its LRC array.
lightly touching the left portion of my hud I activate a signal to any friendly frequency on ground. "Any station this net, This is Arclight3 currently in ground command of fireteams Arclight, Redux, and Gallium *Break* We have received coordinates and are approximately 2 mikes from landing keep your boys clear *Break* We are on our way" I end the relay as the ship begins to rumble violently.

"No problem, and Katherine is... God knows where. She has been radio silent for a fair bit, and I lost sight of her when we got split." I told him, standing with him. "Omaha, report in." She, then hearing several voices all at once saying they were ok and at assigned LZ's. "My Fireteam is all in order, we should probably try and push to an LZ." I suggest. "But at this point, I am following you, J." I then added.

Raijin
The coordinates for Fireteam Comet were finalized with the arrival of the Scouting Fleet and their assault. Thanks to their amazing luck, Raijin and Hammer have only narrowly missed 5 stray shots from the battle around them. Battle would be a loose term. It was more of a one sided harassment by the Sabre Corps that we would never win if their dreadnoughts weren't destroyed.

Aside from that, the two crashed into a stack of crates to kill their momentum, once they entered the station's gravity field. The notification for LZ proximity Raijin's went off, meaning that they were exactly where the LZ would be. There were relatively few Smierc Collective grunts, since most of them were concerned with the other members of Fireteam Comet trying to push their way here, as opposed to two "corpses" that flew down from space. Raijin and Hammer might as well be corpses. Both of them had ruptured blood vessels and a few minor organs, as well as their full body IRESS operating at 10%.

Nevertheless, they had to do their best to survive and secure the LZ. Hammer had fallen unconscious, so Raijin hid him behind the stack of crates they knocked over and propped himself against a crate where he would have a good vantage point of the LZ. He unholstered his revolver, silencer still attached and began picking off stray troopers. There was no way the two of them could be able to survive if the enemy discovered their position.

"Fireteam Nexus, this is Raijin. Me and Private Hammer are currently at the LZ. Hammer is unconscious and I'm doing my best to secure the area, but I am immobilized. We are currently undetected, but It would be nice if you would make double-time. Over."

Raijin fired off last round in his revolver's chamber. "Dang it. Sorry, Hammer. I'm gonna borrow your gun."

To prevent the Smierc from reaching them, Raijin, took Hammer's sidearm. A risky move, considering it hasn't been modified to prevent his powers from affecting it, but there was no other choice. Let's hope we don't blow up, shall we?

Adeliina Spadania(Arclight 3)// Status: Focused

I listened to the messages over comms through the ships engines as we descended faster and faster, Now all the others were on their feet holding onto the straps to stabilize themselves. "Once we land I want Gallium to the northern sector focused with their heavy guns to lay suppressive fire, Redux take the east, Arclight will perform recovery operations" "Sgt we will have to be quick" breathes Francois a rather built man although still my junior he is my fire support gunner. " Utilize our propulsions and leave the enemy fire to me" The Chief turns around signaling to down load the bird. Taking a breath I move forward toward the ramp *This is Arclight3 to all units, Commencing Infil* and jump free falling for a short second to clear the engines. I then activate the propulsions in my suit normally used for evasion and elevating to cushion my descent. I scrape against matted earth and come to a knee as the others fall in to their practiced formations and begin to maneuver to the positions assigned. With the slight amount of intel we received the LZ was relatively open besides wreckage and cargo. At this time I noticed two men one seemingly KIA and the other wounded. As he engaged enemy units I moved forward, my eyes catching two Grunts attempting to flank him. Running as fast as I could muster I brought up my LAAR letting off a few bursts to keep their heads down. "Francois on me!, get them to the DV" I call to my trusted Cpl. As I turn to look over the man the grunts pop their heads back up and fire a hail of bullets toward us. Forcing myself around him the inside of my hud flares as my hair inside my helmet shines along with my eyes. The barrage of gun fire ricochets off of a glimmering almost invisible prismatic wall that has contoured around us. "If your gonna shoot them do it now!" I yell over the shots knowing I couldn't hold the barrier much longer.
QizPizza QizPizza
( Battle Synopsis- Troops landed, Currently engaging enemy forces, Suppression of enemy Successful, Recovery Operations In Progress)

Adrian

With the data in hand, I noticed the dropships at the LZ. I got Fireteam Nexus out of its defensive position and ordered them to safety. Once inside a dropship, I took notice of the callsign of the extract leader; Arclight 3. Fireteam Arclight huh? Never really heard of this Fireteam, but I'll give it that it has a cool name.

"Arclight 3, this is Fireteam Nexus. We're currently in one of the evac dropships, over. Awaiting your return, over. Other friendly units, hurry up and let's get out of here, over!"

Bill
"Copy that, Arclight 3."
I murmur that underneath my breath. Nexus is right. Time to make a run for it.
I dash off to the evac dropship, summoning a wall and blasting Mortus Troopers with my DES. I do not know if I hit any. But all I care about is getting out of here.
"Get out of here! I'll cover you!"
Already I'm feeling drained. The wall is rolling towards the Mortus Troopers and feebly trying to ram them. But the only thing I can do is hold them off.
I cast a guardian orb over Raijin, I hope he gets out alright.

Raijin
The extraction team finally got here. Thank you! I didn't blow up, nobody important died... Now if only the rest of my fireteam would get hear.

Soon after Raijin thought that, a burst of suppressing was targeted at him and Hammer. However, a Sabre Corps operative stepped in between them and put up a shield while some metal shield formed in front of him. The shield took all the bullets the operative couldn't block, and looking at where the shield flew from, Raijin saw the rest of Fireteam Comet.

"Speak of the devil..."
Raijin began to get up and pick up Hammer, but one of the soldiers from an extraction team labeled Arclight took him instead.

"Sir, I will take him and provide immediate medical attention." The soldier looked at Raijin for a second and said, "Sir, if you require assistance, I contact one of my teammates."

"No need, soldier. Take care of Hammer. I can get to the ship without help; save your effort for the injured." With that, Raijin took his borrowed pistol and shot the two Grunts shooting at who seemed like the leader of the extraction team. Once, he did, he limped over to where the drop ship had landed, watching the other members of Comet pile into the drop before him. When got to the ship, one of the soldiers helped him up into the cabin. Raijin took the seat closest to the opening of the ship and looked for Hammer.

Hammer was towards the end of the cabin, lying on a cot, with a medic checking his condition. Hammer's fine. The worst that could've happened is a ruptured minor organ... or at least I hope so...

I moved with J toward one of the evac ships, finally reaching the LZ, and luckily unharmed beyond our previous dents and scratches. We walk to one of the dropships and set him down, then walk out and take stock of the situation. "Arclight 3, this is Captain Miller of Omaha, I have regrouped with my fireteam and we can assist in your efforts if you wish." I said, taking stock of my fireteam. There was still the majority of us here, 1 died to an explosion, two others being treated for gunshot wounds or shrapnel. Which reminded me that I had been shot, I take the crystal bolt out and quickly drop it as it starts heating up my hand. I shake away the pain then turn back to my team, awaiting a response from Arclight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back