• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic ℋ℮їґṧ: SIGMA (Sci-Fi/Powers/Interstellar Warfare RP)

Adeliina Spadania(Arclight 3)// Status: Focused

More chatter commenced over the radio net. As I turned back the two corps members moving to safety as well as the remainder of fire teams Comet, and Nexus. I didn't expect a thank you or anything as this was war, he had lives to think of as did I. Although if ever possible he would buy me the first round.
Picking back up as well I was now one of the few left outside of the outer cordon set up by Gallium and Redux. I send a flare cluster denoting what phase we had entered in our portion of the operation.
Then the net was vibrant with new chatter as the fire teams checked in their status' *Roger I copy all traffic* * Omaha good to hear from you and yours if you can, establish an inner cordon just beyond the Evacs have them prepared for exfil I'm on my way* I stated more than asked, something I'd need to apologize for later.
At this point I began movement back to the drop ship continuing to receive radio communications and brandishing orders as needed. My only obstacle were some simple smierc troops dispatched swiftly using my side arm and abilities.

Finally I reach the ship moving quickly up the ramp I yell rather than radio the pilot.

"Wheels up chief let's go home!"
I call as the cabins ramp door closes and the turbulence begins again.
Once the air inside pressurized I removed my helmet letting my tightly pinned up hair loose as it glimmered dimly still with the glossy sheen the radiation my ability produces. It was harmless to others of course actually being filtered through my body.
My eyes however revealed the cost as three trails of crimson trailed my cheek from my right eye.
I walk beside hammer one of the wounded and kneel down attempting to place my hands over the organ they assumed was damaged attempting to isolate it within a small barrier. The attending soldier stayed my further use of my abilities.
"Rest, you cant push yourself sergeant"
I simply nodded taking a seat next to the soldier and taking the time to pin my hair back up before wiping my face clean.
The debrief would be a long one for sure, but I was glad for the lack of casualties from the recovery operations hopefully this would bode well for future endeavors, though that could just be a pipe dream.
Battle Synopsis// Fireteams Evac'd// Drop ships RTB//

"You heard her." I commented, waving my hand for my troops to get moving. They nod and form a perimeter around the evac ships. We waited, finding no resistance, luckily. Arclight, or so I assumed, appeared and ran into an evac ship, my fireteam uniformally and rather professional broke the perimeter and filled into a dropship. I jog into one myself and sit, letting the cabin pressurize as I take my own helmet off, doing a 180 and staring at myself in the reflective surface.

DM

The dropships landed in the hangar of the NUSS Artemis III. The support crew quickly got the grievously wounded moving to the more medically stable installations for treatment, while those with flesh wounds are treated on the spot. The Scouting Fleet is now on the verge of completely mopping up the Portus orbital shipyard. From initial reports, it seems that almost 90% of the enemy fleet was wiped out in the attack.

"Able personnel of the Portus strike force, please report for debrief at Section A337.", boomed the PA system.

Commander Perez, after ordering the last few salvos to be fired, began to pull out the Scouting Fleet to safety. The fleet was only equipped to handle a surprise strike on the enemy, not a prolonged orbital engagement. Captain Nuremberg coordinated the hyperspace jump formation, as there is no telling when the enemy could strike.

Adrian

This marks my second major operation as Captain and Fireteam Leader of Fireteam Nexus; one where no one got seriously injured. I should be thankful for that, since it could have been a lot worse with the early detection. With this strike on the Portus orbital shipyard, things are going to get a lot worse for the underground movement on the surface. I can guarantee that the Smiercs are going to go to town with torture of the innocent to try and get the rebel leadership.

"I know that we promised them liberation... but realistically how soon can we even get back to Portus? That planet is now going to be under heavy supervision after what we pulled off...", muttered Corporal Lucas Seidal, the newer member of the Fireteam.

I didn't have much to add, so I simply laid my hand on his shoulder and shrugged a bit. With that PA announcement, I ordered Fireteam Nexus to hang up the weapons in the armory and de-suit before heading down for the debrief. The whole ordeal, while certainly something to celebrate, didn't feel like a true victory yet.

Adeliina Spadania(Arclight 3)// Status: Relieved/ Exhausted

As the ships docked and the air pressurized once more I waited for the other men to exit the craft before placing my hand on the Chief's shoulder letting him know silently that it was good flying. As if predicted the intercom's lit up with orders to head for the debrief. Although it called for the strike force only I knew I should attend. using my radio comms once more I gave orders to the other Fire team's to drop kit/refit get chow and some rack. Priorities of work as they say however my night was far from over. I reached my temporary bunking area as the door slid closed behind me. I went through the process of dropping my armor one piece at a time trying to fight through the migraine that was beginning to form. I must have over done it when I extended the barrier across two people. without time for a wash up I changed into a more appropriate uniform brandishing my rank although unlike others dress wear mine were shorts to allow for ease of access to my prosthetic leg. I would need to tune it as well the hard landing seemed to lock it up a bit. I began to prioritize these things as I moved to the debriefing room. once there I saluted the Commander upon entering and then took my place near the right rear of the briefing room.

Raijin
Raijin fell asleep during the ride back to where ever they are going. When he woke, the ship was in the final stages of docking with another ship. The Union honestly has to stop taking me to places without telling me anything.

As soon as the buzzer sounded, the doors opened and the injured were rushed to the infirmary, Hammer included. One of the soldiers offered to take him to the med bay, but the young sergeant refused, slowing getting up as most of the soldiers in the cabin filed out. Raijin was one of the last to leave, with a soldier with pilot gear and the operative that saved him from a hail of gunfire earlier.

Following the vocal directions from his helmet, he slowly limped toward his assigned barracks. When he got there, he noticed that the barracks were empty, save for a pile of armor sitting on one of the bunks. Raijin took off his armor as quickly as he could with damaging it further and placed it into a bin that would sent to the Engineering Corps for repairs. After that, he sat down on his bed to examine his injuries: several bruises, two ruptured capillaries and a minor ankle sprain. Not as bad as I thought, now if only I had some clothes...

Feeling around his bed, he felt a duffel bag, with a tracking device that Raijin had placed there. It was his bag. Inside was his usual set of clothes, a pair of rubber tactical gloves and a couple other odds and ends. Sadly there wasn't any of His formal wear, as it had been left home. "Guess I'll dress casual then."

Raijin dressed as quickly as he could with all his bruises, until he remembered something important. Dang it Union! You HAVE to tell me whenever you transfer me, or else I can't get all my stuff. Sigh. I guess I'll have to do with goggles for now.

As soon as Raijin finished dressing, he pulled on his goggles and stuffed whatever he could into his various pockets, lest the Union give him another unexpected transfer. Once all his items were adequately stowed away, Raijin slowly made his way to debriefing.

"Time to deal with all the paperwork that comes with losing a squad," Raijin thought bitterly. "Sigh. I guess there's no avoiding it..."

I exited the transport and with a flick of my hand dismissed my troops to do as they may. I, however, went ot my room, locking up my firearms and dressing in a casual grey long-sleeve and black sweatpants. I put my armor away and turned to walk to the briefing room, taking a seat next to the woman who came and extracted us. "Evening, Arclight..." I said, tiredness in my voice. "It is evening, right?" I then asked, my watch not on me at the moment.

(Current time is 7:43 PM NUST (New Union Standard Time, based on the time of Old Earth. Previously known as Federation Standard Time, and Union Standard Time)

(Also, please refer to the New Union as the New Union. The Union, or the Old Union, is the previous autocratic government known for abusing Silentians and keeping them away from normal humans)

Looking up from my notes I see one of the leaders of the fire teams that we recovered. I stand and salute the Captain as well as is customary for giving respect to officers I then take my seat as she does the same. At her question I nod "It most certainly is Ma'am" I reply sincerely although I too was exhausted and wanted to seem kind and endearing not trying to just rush through the conversation. Speaking of the time the Debrief should be soon and I hoped it was shorter than the last few I had. I would definitely need a drink and some rest after this last operation. "I tell you what though that shower is going to be nice when I finally get it" I added.
Being aboard the Artemis III had its ups and downs but the water pressure aboard was amazing. Most personnel had their own facilities except a few of the grunts but they didn't seem to mind. The food wasn't half bad, and they even had a Rec Area, an improvement compared to the last vessel I had been stationed on.
"How long have you been in command?" I ask the CPT just trying to pass the time before the brief began.
LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87

"I agree with you there." I said with a slight laugh, looking up at ceiling. I was already gauging her as the time to try to be nice to all the officers, but I didn't to judge her just yet. "Also, no need to refer to me so formally, unless you are referring to me in a breifing, debreifing, or in one of the ten million reports you will file as a fireteam leader..." I said, sighing. I looked at her when she asked how long I had been in command for. It was question I was unaccustomed to, and it showed slightly. "Two or three years, maybe." I replied. "Why is it that you ask? No one really bothers to ask that question." I told her. "Oh, and I'm Ashley Miller, people tend to call me Ash, or if you really wanna get techie with callsigns, I've been told I hold a reputation as a Wraith." I said, cracking another grin.

VeiledPariah VeiledPariah

Raijin
By some miracle, Raijin managed to get to the briefing room early. That usually didn't happen, especially since he was injured and had to rely on vocal directions. However, he did manage to follow one of the commanders from the operation, recognizing their communicator's signal, which made life a lot easier. Raijin arrived at the debrief room to see it only partially filled. There were a lot more leaders than this in the operation, but then again, they could just be getting their teams in order first. Not that I have a team to get in order...

Quickly discarding his thought, Raijin took a seat by two females, one with a prosthetic leg. He decided to join in, as they noticed his entrance. Offering the one without the prosthetic, he said, "Gunnery Sergeant Raijin, at your service..." He made a gesture with his left hand to ask for her name.

"Adeliina Spadania, You may call me Ade ((Addy)) and it was just a question of curiosity I didn't get much of a chance to learn about you all during mission prep although I have heard of Wraith before."
I answered to the CPT right before a man strolled up to us offering his hand to Ash but not even seeming to recognize my existence. Not that it bothered me but it was pretty rude, however Idid know that this man outranked me and that was all that mattered. Now she let the other two converse as I placed my vision back to my notes which revolved through like a rolodex on her wrist screen. It seemed as though the Briefing was about to start so I kept quiet until then.
QizPizza QizPizza
(Cutting convo short so we can get passed this ARC)

Adrian

By the time Fireteam Nexus, and me following, made it to the briefing room, I already noticed several of the Sabre Corps Fireteams already made it on time. I quietly directed Fireteam Nexus to our usual spot, sitting behind what appeared to be a conversation between the members of Fireteam Omaha, Arclight, and the remaining soldier of Fireteam... what was the name? That's when I noticed Captain Nuremberg walk into the room, making his presence known with an instant silence of the room and everyone in attention.

DM

The debrief started as soon as Captain Nuremberg made his way into the briefing room. The Sabre Corps soldiers immediately rose to attention, while the Twisted Wolves respectfully nodded their heads. The Captain allowed the Sabre Corps to rest, as he brought up the presentation screen. It's funny, how even in the future, people ended up using screens more than holograms, despite the tech being available for occasional highlighting of big picture issues.

"This is it ladies and gentlemen. Our first major victory against the Smiercs in what seems to have been years. Almost two and a half years in fact. That does not mean our job is done fellas. We're still severely outmatched by the enemy, and make no mistake; the Mortus Troopers will be more than ready for any other Sabre Corps activity for the near future."

The Captain brought up the damage on the holodisplay, showcasing the wide spread devastation the Sabre Corps/Twisted Wolf strike team and Scouting Fleet inflicted on the Smierc assault fleet.

"This operation has staved off the assured destruction of our last remaining Core World strongholds. Now, this has been brought to our attention. Fireteam Nexus managed to extract this piece of data from one of the Smierc's terminals before bailing out."

Switching to the presentation display, the Captain highlighted several key terms: Cesena-01, Displacement Wave Bomb, Prototype, and Full-production.

"This appears to be a schematic of a prototype of the Smierc Collective's latest superweapon. You all know which one: the green wave. The Smiercs call it the Displacement Wave Bomb, and it's designed to specifically rob us of our naval capabilities. As you may know, the only reason the New Union is even holding a stalemate against the Smierc Collective is because of our navy. Our ground forces, as you may have experienced yourself, struggle in full, prolonged battle with the Smierc."

The Captain let out a sigh. He already lost several ships to the enemy's superweapon.

"The interesting part is the mention of Cesena-01. According to history, Cesena-01 was the first moon of the gas giant Cesena, blown up to what is known now as Cesena-01 Fragments during the final hours of the Leviathan Crisis in preventing a 2nd Crepitus Event. We thought there was no more value to the territory, though we kept it guarded as a precaution. Cesena-01 being mentioned in the Smierc's schematics suggests that it's where we can find our next clue to the weapon's true nature."

The Captain switched the display to archival footage of the energy wave weapon during the Invasion of Yabrao.

"Don't be mistaken. What Fireteam Nexus extracted is only a prototype schematic. We need the schematics for the upcoming full-production weapon in order to develop proper defenses. I expect some of you to be deployed in a mission regarding this finding in the future. Dismissed."

With that said, the Captain walked out of the briefing room, signalling to the Fireteam Leader of Fireteam Nexus to follow him.

Adrian

Looks like we're having another student counseling session with the Captain. I begrudgingly walk out behind the Captain, ordering Fireteam Nexus to head down for some early dinner if they wanted and get some rest.

"What's the deal now Captain? I've been leading Fireteam Nexus the best I could, and so far, no deaths."

"That's not why I brought you out again Captain Morrison. As you know, the next mission will deal with the Cesena-01 Fragments. I know your family has a history with that moon and its Elder and Patriarch presence."

"What are you suggesting?"

"Just know that Fireteam Nexus will be brought along for the next mission. We can't risk something happening again, you know? You're the insurance."

"With all due respect, I'm not quite as familiar with the power as my ancestors found it."

"I know. Still better than nothing, Guardian."

The Captain let out a small smirk as he walked away. That title he said. Haven't heard it since the bed time stories my mom used to tell me. I pray that I won't be the next. That power only led to things getting worse...

(Feel free to interact with my character. Maybe some of you slightly overheard the conversation?)

Last edited:
"Pleasure to meet you Gunnery Sergeant, Captain Ashley Miller, but call me Ash." I said to him, moving to shake his hand though turning away as the Captain entered and began the debrief. Cesena caught my attention, though. Those hunk of rocks out in the middle of space couldn't be that important, could they? Well, turns out they were, to the Smeirc at least. I rose as the debriefing ended. I looked to Addy, "So where you headed now?" I asked her, but caught the tail end of the conversation between Morrison and the Captain. What was this talk of being a Guardian. "Addy, hold that thought." I said, turning to walk to Morrison. I turned back to her and pointed at her, "Wait for me," I told her.

I matched pace with Morrison, still walking backwards. "First, bad luck, now you're some Guardian? Could you care to explain?" I ask, my voice low in case this was something that wasn't supposed to be known.

Raijin
As people began to disperse, Raijin got up to follow Ash and the man that apparently commanded Fireteam Nexus: Captain Morrison. He heard their conversation perfectlu, despite their hushed tone, as well as Morrison's talk with the commanding officer. This was a big deal. There was obviously something between the Cesena Fragments and Morrison, since the officer said that he was their insurance. That unnerved Raijin a bit. He had to figure out what this meant, but is it proper it to pry into someone else's past when he didn't know his own past?

The spark of curiosity slowly died out, as he lost track of the two amongst the people exiting the room. Instead he turned his attention to the woman with the prosthetic leg. He recognized the signal from the dropship. It was the same person that saved his life. Raijin found her before she had a chance to exit the room. From the way she just stopped talking and started looking at her wrist screen, when he interrupted her and Ash, she must have thought he was rude.

"Sorry for earlier, it was inconsiderate of me to butt in when I could clearly hear you two talking. I'm Raijin, as you have probably overheard. Mind if I tag along for a bit, I don't really have a Fireteam to attend to." As soon as he said the last part, his head dipped. He was hungover on all those deaths he was responsible for. The paper work would suck by itself, but he also felt obligated to tell every one of those lost soldiers' next of kin what had happened personally. The New Union would have notified them already, but this tradition felt right. Raijin would have to schedule his free days to go visit his men's families after reading up on their files. But for now, there is some serious stuff going on, and he can't afford to miss out.

Adrian

I don't usually deal with people outside my Fireteam, but I can't just ignore the Gunnery Sergeant walking up, along with a fellow named Raijin, the one whose Fireteam got wiped out during that last stint.

"Something I inherited from my mother's side of the family. Never appreciated it. Found it to be more of a curse really, considering the expectations I'm supposed to live up to..."

With that said, I made my way down towards my barracks, not sure if the others would follow suit. Not that there's much to that, though I would like to rest a bit now rather than interact.

I was about to answer the Cpts question when she cut me off to speak with the Nexus fire team leader. I stood swiping away my notifications from my wrist screen.
I was met by the gunnery sergeant from before.
He proceeded to apologize which I found endearing and appreciated however as he asked if could tag along I smiled and shook my head.
" Not sure you could accompany me in the showers sergeant, maybe next time" I teased as I passed by him before waving the CPT a sorry I and to leave motion.
"Feel free to message me though Raijin, I would like to know how your soldier Hammer is doing some other time" I added before leaving the briefing room and heading to my quarters to get ready for a shower and some hot chow.
((Sorry all for the quick interactions, currently heading to the field for land navigation and will be without service I will be back in three days again sorry for the inconvenience))
QizPizza QizPizza

"I'm not one to pry much more than my curiosity warrants, so I will leave you with that. But do take care of yourself, you and the rest of Nexus deserve some rest."

I told him, then turned and walked to the training room. I sat down and wrapped my hands in gauze, forming a tight layering before I stood and went to the punching bag. I get it moving with a light push then start at it with quicks jabs and crosses. I was thinging about Mike, the poor soul. It had been so long since I last see him, and he had seemed to change so much.

"What happened..."

I said quietly to myself, repeatedly punching the bag in the same pattern, left right left, with a second or so pause between each flurry. What caused him to be like this? This was never like him, each question I ask only seems to raise more, but recently I can't get him off my mind. What did happen to him?

Last edited:
(Yo, if everyone could bold dialogue, that would be great. Just for reading ease. Also, please separate the dialogue sections from the rest of the post. Helps with reading :P)

Raijin

"Not sure you could accompany me in the showers sergeant, maybe next time," Raijin blushed, but then he grinned as she walked away. She's going to be interesting one to get to know.

Regardless, it's not that he had time for that. He had to go check on Hammer in the med bay... and get his wounds treated. With their current technology, and his minor injuries, he should be done in a couple minutes. Limping through the considerably less crowded hallways, now that all the officers had dispersed, navigating the hallways was considerably easier. On the way to the med bay, he stopped by his barracks.

A few soldiers were there, but they paid no notice. The bin with his armor was still there, he had only been away for about 10 minutes, so it made sense, that Engineering didn't have a chance to collect it yet. Pulling up his Speech-to-Text program on his communicator, Raijin gave instructions for Engineering, "Please remove vacuum sealed composite plates and take care repairing Adaptive Fusion RCS. Ensure superconductors function properly."

Raijin pinned the text message onto the bin and left it for someone to pick it up. Once he did, he made his way to the med bay. When he got there, he looked for Hammer among the various injured soldiers. It was a lot less than what Raijin had expected there to be. That was good, even if it was just one of the many med bays on the ship. Towards a corner, he found Hammer's communicator still on. Raijin walked over and took an empty cot next to him, letting the medics treat him.

"Don't worry, he's fine. His organs suffered minimal damage. Nothing a prosthetic can't fix," said one of the doctors.

"Good. I can't lose the last member of my squad."

"My...my condolences..." The doctor looked for a name badge.

"Thank you... And it's Gunnery Sergeant Raijin."

When the doctor left, Raijin left the woman from earlier a voice message. "Hammer's fine. Thanks for saving us back on the station. I don't know what I would do if I lost all the men under my responsibility."
VeiledPariah VeiledPariah

Adeliina Spadania(Arclight 3)// Status: Relaxed

"Hammer's fine. Thanks for saving us back on the station. I don't know what I would do if I lost all the men under my responsibility."

The voice message plays for the second time as I dry off my body and wrap the towel around me listening to the Gunnery Sergeant's words.
I nod to myself glad that the recovery teams had made it in time, However the last part of his message disturbed me. Lost all the men?, So he had lost many presumably Hammer being the only one still breathing. It hit close to my heart, thinking back to one of my first missions although I was under the command of someone not fit for the position. Before I delve further into repressed memories I shake the thoughts away and finish hygiene. Throwing on some black elastic shorts and a beige tank top finishing it with a hair tie placed in a ponytail I look over myself in the small mirror of my locker. So much time had passed since I was that small frightened girl struggling to keep the family afloat. I sigh before closing the metallic dresser and walking out toward the mess hall. I pass by a few other corps men who render greetings of the evening and in turn I do so as well.
Finally reaching the cafeteria I order from the vast menu moving through the line with my tray like the others. I then find a seat next to the entrance so after I was done it would be easy to leave out without getting caught in the rush.
before taking time to eat I activate my message recorder the recipient GS Raijin.

"That's good to hear, and I understand what it means to take a hit like that. Some things you can't control but if you need to talk about it let me know okay?"

I send the VM and then pick up my silverware and begin to eat the meal I had chosen, I look around every so often to ensure discipline is being maintained within the ranks. My mind however wanders once more thinking of the missions to come and what it all could mean for the Corps and the men under me. Cpl Hannah, a deep voiced space cowboy, Cpl Francois dark skinned but blue eyed who always acted like a gentlemen, and of course SGT Levataine, He was my biggest problem. He towered over me in stature and had an attitude to boot. when I was named the leader of Arclight when our CPT was relieved for cause he took it personally. Still he will get the job done when needed and he cared about the corps and our men just as much as I do.
QizPizza QizPizza

Adrian

I sat in my barracks alone for about an hour. Today was just exhausting to say the least. Having worked with the Portus underground movement to achieve our mission objective, and having met Mr. Nantucket for the first time in years, I felt highly uneasy about the future of Portus. Let's face it; right now, the New Union does not have the resources to commit to liberating Portus. The planet is already located in the Outer Territories, making it much more difficult to send forces there and wage a prolonged battle against a more vigilant Smierc Collective.

The whole situation is still looking bleak. Yes, we managed to stave off the enemy's assault fleet from annihilating whatever small defenses the New Union still has left. That does not mean that the enemy will stay away for long. Plus, they've got that superweapon to disable entire fleets. Until we can create countermeasures for that weapon, the naval battles are now no longer even.

"Noa, you think we'll get through this?"
"Well, as an AI, I can't give much hope. History tells us the Sigma Sector lived through a lot. Doesn't mean that it will always. I give a 13.6% chance of victory in current conditions."
"That's certainly cheerful."
"Like I said, I'm just an AI. What did you expect?"

With that said, I hobbled on out of the barracks to grab some dinner and hopefully get a full sleep tonight.

(That's the end for my character post this ARC. Next post should be the next ARC post)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back