• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic ℋ℮їґṧ: SIGMA (Sci-Fi/Powers/Interstellar Warfare RP)

J

"Ah, that's a..." I say, in response to his question. That's a tough question to answer, now that I think of it. I take a good look at the guy, trying to wipe some blood off of his gun with a wet cloth. Seems he has seen quite a fair amount of action, probably just recently. I don't really want to know.

"...That's, that's a tough question. Just call me J." I finally answered, glancing to Katherine and Miller. They seem... quite calm. I see Miller's got a different helmet on. And new armor for Katherine. I'd probably guess it gives her an advantage over her previous armor. Probably adjusting to her size as she turns into Flaming McFox? Probably that. Which brings up a few more questions. I can barely sit on this seat without feeling my ass collapsing inwards, how does she do that with her tail?

"And as for who I am, I'm a Twisted Wolf mercenary, slayer of Knights and human flaming inferno. I used to go by the name Joachim von Hyrlenberg, do you recognize that name by any chance?" I said, getting back on track. I wonder, is my former self- I mean, Joachim's reputation as good as I seem to remember?

I would try and see if I have herd that name before, but alas, it leads no where. " I can't say I have any memories of that name, but then again, I can't remember much." He paused before continuing, "You say you are a human inferno, is that a metaphor for something?" I leaned back on the hard metal awaiting a response.

J

"Well, it's not a metaphor. It's my Silentian power. I spit fire out of my body. Basically. You can ask the girls for confirmation. I assure you, they've seen a lot of my action." I said to the man, glancing over to Katherine and Miller in the process. "What's your power?" I asked, as I began readying myself.

I put my helmet on, the iconic face mask receiving a few more black patches, as a dim blue light turns to life, faintly visible through the tiny eye slits, as my HUD boots up. Nothing out of the ordinary. AI reports all systems functional. The helmet's a bit of a tight fit, but it's still got a long life ahead of it. I turn to my weapon, checking its barrel and other stuff, attentively listening to the man.

"I don't have any powers that are notable but I can tap into people's thoughts at a close range." I tightened my gloves over my hands. "I can also hold my breath for a little longer then usual, but that was through training. But I must say, the training was a lot more like torture."

I slid my helmet off, giving it a good wipe down on the outside, "Do you have any special solution to get rid of blood? The stuff dries up like cement and it drives me crazy." I scrubbed hard at the helmet's top.

"Captain Ashley Miller, leader of Fireteam Omaha, you must be my new sergeant. Glad to have you aboard, Gladus." I told him with a friendly nod. I look up to see J, and I greet him an unseen smile. "Hey, J. How have things been?" I ask. I had listened to the two go back and forth a bit. "I take a rag, soak it in bleach, that loosens it up, then you can wipe it down with a normal wet rag. It's what I do with this little piece." I say, unholstering and showcasing my modernized M1911, which I had polished yesterday so it still held a decent shine to it.

Last edited:
"I guess I'll try it once we get back to our bunks." My face went dead as I struggled to add on the last bit, "That's if... we do make it back. The New Union hasn't really got the best winning streak as of recently." I raised my helmet back up to my head, sliding it over my face as I twisted it right then left to lock it in place. My visor lit up red, then orange and finally a dim blue. Another HUD would activate, 'Cortus Type 3.1 AI activated.' The AI spoke out, it was much louder in the helmet but you could just hear it outside.

"G'day Cortus, Run diagnostic scan of the suit. Run double scan on all Stealth improving functions." My visor returned to a dark orange colour as a slight humming sound could be heard.

J

I sit there, listening to the two, especially Miller's advice on cleaning blood. I look at her M1911, then to Gladus' sniper rifle, then to my LMG. I nod at Ash's greetings, my AI now activating the friendly tags. I have her registered as A. Miller in my personal database, next to K. My AI has taken the liberty of updating its database as well, adding a Gladus U. to the list.

"Well, personally, I prefer blood on my gear. It gives the enemy something to look at and... think about." I said, looking down at my arm plates, still with the dried blood I applied to them. "Although, if you ever get the idea of applying blood to your armor permanently, just be aware of the stench during the first few weeks." I said.

As Gladus slid his helmet on and spoke, I grimaced, my left hand clutching my LMG a bit tighter than usual. "Yeah... you're right. Still, we've got a track record of escaping death quite frequently, so you should have no problem surviving this one." I slightly chuckled after saying, but the laughter quickly subsided, as I turned to my LMG, focusing on my hands. I said quietly to myself, "Probably."

"Well, the only things my enemies will ever have to think about is how fast they'll die, giving them a show isn't my strong suit." My visor switched to a darker grey, 'All Stealth functions are ready and primed' My Cortus unit rung out through the inner suit comms. "Say, what is the comms channel you all use?" He fiddled with the wet rag in his hand, stained with blood.

Katherine

I give another wave to the fellas coming into the dropship before introducing myself. "Corporal Katherine, everyone just gives me a shorter name though, but I guess you can give me the title, 'fire fox'. Not original, but it's pretty straight forward." I look over everyone's weaponry, and J's brand new paint job. I'll still miss that blood-soaked armor set.

"Anyways, we just use your standard NU comms. Occasionally, we use some encryption to create small private channels for private matters, but for most of the time, public, unencrypted channels." I catch a glimpse at J's face in time to see him looking in my direction before looking around, "J, what were you looking at?"

Last edited:
(At yOuR WoT M8?)

"Unencrypted? These are some un-safe channels for military." I announced before finally getting to the NU comm channel. I didn't want to intrude on what was going on with Kath and J, I did think this FireTeam would be a tad bit more professional but you work with what you got. "Cortus, run profile scan of data history of Ohama fire team." My visor turned red, scrolling through the heaps of information.

Katherine

"Sorry, sensitive military channels are encrypted, just that some of us use public channels. It can get rather noisy, so I just use channels on a Fireteam-basis." Tapping the side of my head for those tiny touch controls, I unlock the tiny screen of my DA from its housing, flipping over and covering my right eye.

"Anyways, has anyone told you of the... wave, yet?"

"The Wave? I don't believe so. But please enlighten me of the meaning." I'd respond to her, watching as all the public data files of Ohama squad scrolled down my visor at a rapid pace. "Also, did you know there is a tone of information on you guys here open to the public? Your names, ages, skills, even armour and weapon type."

J

But, like... where does she put it? Has she ever stepped on it accidentally when walking? Does she have full control of it, or is it unresponsive, like toes? And does it ever get annoying after a while, just dragging an useless 5th limb around? Like, what does it even do, balance her? Human physiology is designed to be balanced without tails, a tail would do more harm than good to balance. But is she even human? What if her species has a crippling biological weakness that requires tails to balance out? And does she have to thoroughly clean it when bathing, scrub it or just normally bathe like it's not even there? I'll try not to imagine her bathing from now on. But, like, when she's sitting, does she just sit on it? Doesn't it hurt? Does she wrap it around her waist like a belt or something? And also, if it's that flexible, can it go up her...

My train of thought stopped there, as I realize I've been staring at it for quite a while now, and Kat's finally caught onto it. I shake my head, a bit puzzled by myself. "Oh, uh, nothing. Was just wondering, where do you put your tail when you're sitting?" I said, trying to play it off nonchalantly.

Katherine

I look at him quizzically. I thought everyone knew this? "I sit at the edge of my seat, genius, and even if I have to sit back on it, it doesn't hurt," lie, "much..."

"So, it's this green energy wave thingy. I won't even bother to sugar coat this. No one has any clue of what it is," except maybe folks at home, though I seriously doubt it, "but it can literally demolish a whole fleet. We've had two consecutive defeats at the same thing. One thing I've learned though is that it's pretty slow, and inconsistent in output. To my knowledge, we have no countermeasures."

"And uhh... Believe me. They have public files on like, I dunno, every soldier in the New Union? They probably have even more..."

"Who ever made it so everyone's files are public? Including Covert Ops." The sweep finished and my visor returned to a dark grey, "And if you can destroy fleets with this power why don't we use that instead of using nuclear weapons?"

J

"Because, Gladdy boy..." I said, getting a bit annoyed at his questions. I know his curiosity is justified, but it gets very annoying to restate something everyone already knows. "... Aside from the solid intel being that it's a big green wave that kills anything and everything, we know jack shit else about it. We have no idea if it's launched from a ship or a base, what its actual capabilities are, nothing else."

I turn to my Fireteam, who is also intently listening to our heating up conversation. I do a double take at all my guys. Their armor isn't shiny anymore, that's for sure. But that's a sign of progress. It's like those old-timers say, 'A knight in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested'. Although I wouldn't go as to call ourselves knights, that's for sure.

Parkins' arm has had a few... modifications to go with it. First, we've reinforced the joints and lubricated them accordingly, allowing for smooth and quick motions along with bigger, badder, stronger, more resilient punches. Second of all, we've taken our turns drawing stuff on it. I provided the Smierc's lingua franca swear words, while Davo took his time drawing a flaming middle finger onto the backhand. The man has a knack for drawing things.

"Also, how much longer are we gonna wait? Shouldn't we be going already?" I asked impatiently. It's not in my nature to just sit around on uncomfortable seats chatting about our government's imminent doom. But hey, look on the bright side. At least I don't have to sit at the edges of the seats like poor Katherine over there.

"That wave, I have an idea as to what it is after seeing it in action twice, but I'm not to sure. And as for the files, I'm pretty sure we had to fill out a form... I don't remember." I said, glancing around the dropship. J made an interesting comment about Kath's tail, and I couldn't help but stifle a laugh at the exchange of words. "Anyway, look Gladus. Being all buisness is great, but while we have the time here, in the relative safety of our flagship. Show us you, not the combat you. We are all different people in a fight, trust me. But until then, we are ourselves." I said. While he hasn't done much, his words have indicated that he is very no-nonsense, a good trait to have, but not always to me.

I took a while to process the words from Miller, I slowly unbuckled my helmet and placing it down next to my rifle, "I guess I could be... less serious for a while." I started to tap my foot on the floor in a rhythmic pattern, "So, why did all of you guys join the NU? What was your motives."

J

I listen attentively to the conversation as Miller asks Gladus to take things easy, and something about "not showing the combat you". Gladus complied, and began tapping his foot on the metallic floor in a slow and rhythmic pattern. He asked a question. I looked around, to my Fireteam, who have gone quiet at the question.

I look back at him, and decide to speak up first. "Well, personally, I'm not NU. But, my motive is simple; well, it used to be. I joined to kill Smierc, to avenge my family. But, after a few... head concussions, losses of consciousness, and mental breakdowns, I'm not so sure of things anymore. I guess I'm here because I was here, if that makes any sense to you."

I then leaned back on my uncomfortable seat, and began thinking about other subjects, particularly more thoughts about Katherine's tail. My mind drifted off, but my ears listened attentively for the others' replies.

Katherine

"I fight to protect this sector and my family and friends back on my home sector, because if the New Union falls, then what's to stop the Smierc Collective from conquering the whole galaxy?" There are plenty of factors to hinder it though...

"I'm from a military family, so it was kinda expected of me. But I do this also to protect what's... Left, of the New Union." I said. "My sister was the same way, but she passed awhile back, I don't know how, or where. And I was on duty when the funeral took place, so I never got to see her." I say quietly, realizing I'm turning into a pity party. "Nevermind that, hopefully we get going soon and the real acfion begins. Part two will begin soon everyone." I joked.

Bill
"Orders understood, Captain!"
I'm new here. Been a while since the recon mission.
Met Mystery, Lee, or I was insane. But who knows, maybe I wasn't...
...but this is my first real mission for Sigma Sector.
No more recon.
Time to fight the Smierc Collective.

Adrian

As I gathered Fireteam Nexus and headed over to the hangar towards our own dropship, I noticed a big congregation of Fireteam Omaha, Fireteam Comet, and other individual Sabre Corps soldiers introducing each other and discussing the enemy's WMD. I took a breather and sent off Sergeant Amis to take the Fireteam down to our dropship while I stopped by the discussion group.

"Everybody, let's focus on our mission. Can't be wasting too much time here, gossiping."

With that said, I moved to join my Fireteam, making sure that we are prepared for the upcoming mission. My HoloRifle is all ready to go, and so is everybody else's gear. Noa, my AI, makes sure my KAISYS suit is in optimal condition, as I give the order for the dropship to launch.

"Friendly units, be advised. This mission will require the dropship insertion to go separately from the Scouting Fleet. The Scouting Fleet will standby in Thorix's orbit until we complete our mission objectives, so don't rely on any more reinforcements. Dropship group Alpha is about to launch into hyperspace, over."

Fireteam Nexus' dropship enters hyperspace, just as planned, alongside dropship group Alpha.

This is going to be weird, going back to my home planet for the first time in over a decade since I had moved to the Core Worlds. Maybe some of the people I knew are still alive...

Bill
"Alright."
I head off to a dropship, only to realize that I have no fireteam.
What do I do? Do I go seek out a fireteam to join, or do I just go on a dropship?

Daelen
Dav listened to his comrades' chatter as he drew a little flaming middle finger onto the backhand of his gauntlet. It didn't really make sense, but he enjoyed drawing little things to relax himself, so he did it anyway. Drawing things help with his headaches. The recent events were exceptionally stressful, as his armour was literally filled with little drawings: A little Dziki Smierc with sparks and torrents of flame flushing out from the gaps on its amour; Little out-of-place flowers; etc. He might've developed a new hobby. Might as well take a break after this and be an artist - Dav chuckled at the thought.

His comrades' conversation, so far, had been somewhat easy. Nothing too serious, like the imminent doom of their government and humanity and all that, good stuff. He was surprised at Joachim's sudden question regarding Kathy's tail.

Didn't know the bastard had a thing for tails - After all, he must admit, Joachim never ceased to surprise him.

Their dropships soon started to enter hyperspace. Their destination: Portus. Their task: Fuck up Smierc for good. Daelen gave his new, finished drawing some looks, before putting on his helmet and leaned back for some rest on the ride.

(I'm back~~~~~!)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back